I am in Michigan on an F1 student visa. I had my passport issued in 2006 in Bangalore, India and is due for renewal this year. I have a few questions regarding the process:
1. Must I be a walkin customer, or can I post my passport for renewal?
2. Where can I find the appointment setting page on website? I do not find it.
3. If I am a walkin customer, must my visa be notarized? If so, what other documents must be notarized?
4. Can I avail passport delivery to my address in Michigan (being a walkin customer) since I may not be able to go to Chicago for collection. Also, will my old passport be returned, since it has my valid visa in it.
5. My full name is XXXX YYYY (last name is YYYY). In my current passport, there is no surname, and my given name is YYYY XXXX. Can I get this changed in the reissued passport? If so, what is the procedure?
6. I have an ECR check on my passport. I graduated my Bachelors in 2013 and have proof of it as well. Can I get it removed on the new passport?
7. Should I mention my US address on the work order form, or my Indian address?