We have finished interview and it was pretty simple, lot simpler than expected.
Me and my wife both are on H1 from different employers. My wife is full time employee, i am consulting but direct client.
Finger print appointment-
Key things to remember-
- Do NOT carry any bags, mobile, watch, wallet etc.. They do NOT allow you to carry anything except your document file.. Not even watch.. And the jeopardy is that there is no SAFE place to put your valuables.. there is one locker running by private guy... satish.. eating gutaka all the time and in a very unsafe place.. So short story long.. DO NOT CARRY anything except documents and some cash.
- It takes just 10-15 minutes for taking finger prints and no brainer process. Just follow what the official staff guides you.
We both went for visa interview, Gave interview together. This is big plus to give interview together even if you both are on separate h1b visas.
- Be confident
- Go through the questions given here in immihelp..
- VO are very frank, but want straight answers as they have hundreds of interview to be taken in a day..
- So be clear and precise in your answers.
- We took so much efforts because of my consulting job, but she didn't even looked at any of those documents, She just asked - i797, passport, and client letter for me.(I didn't have client letter as my client do NOT provide it to consultants, but my manager had signed a confirmation letter that i am working for him and reporting him and he has work available till next year end.. that's it.. When she asked client letter, i gave that confirmation letter which includes my routine work details and my role.. and it worked like champ)
For my wife - passport, i797 and company name change certificate..(Her employer changed the name recently)
For us they asked
I feel that your emotions and spending time with family during your short vacation in INDIA is much more valuable than spending time for whole lot of preparation for visa stamping interview.. and pray to Krishna.. it helped me a lot..