My wife is working with H1 visa, and would like her to change to H4 by going to Stamping in Mexico. It worked !
We are from San Diego and her current H1 visa's last date is Sep 19. Got the appointments for Sep 14(for ASC) and Sep 19 ( for VISA interview) in Tijuana, Mexico.
On Sep 14: We crossed the border by walk from east entrance (only entrance into Mexico) and entered into Tijuana. Officials gave the stamping for 7 days. Took the YellowCab, they charged 12\$ to ASC. We reached the ASC almost 2 hrs early, still they are okay. everything is done in 10 mins.
Took the local TAXI back to border, they charged 6\$. Walked back from the same entrance where we crossed border. It took almost 2.5 hrs ( Bad).
On Sep 19: Crossed border from East entrance, officials gave 7 days stamping. Took YellowCab, charged 25\$. She had done with her H4 visa interview ( SUCCESS! ) and they asked her to collect the passport and my I-797 on Sep 20 at 3:00PM
Took uber to a hotel near ASC, charged around 150 pesos. Took suite for 55\$ ( paid in pesos). had lunch at local Thai restaurant, dinner at Chilis.
On Sep 20: Had lunch at Panjabi restaurant ( Walk able). Took Uber at 1:30 to consulate and paid 110 pesos. Waiting till 3PM, collected the Passport. Took Uber to Border and paid 140 pesos. This time, he drooped at west entrance. Long walk, but no queue and no waiting ( How lucky !). My wife paid 6\$ for new I-94. in 15 mins, we crossed the border and entered into US( Next to Mall)
1. Enter into Tijuana, Mexico using east entrance (only way) and return using PEDWEST
2. Use Uber. It is so cheap compared to Yellocab ( 3-4 times less)
3. Use pesos, not dollars for local transactions ( restaurants, hotel, store).
4. Download Spanish translator APP into your Phone before entering ( might help to communicate).
5. If possible, enable DATA plan in your phone before entering.
6. Hotel prices might be cheap if you book with directly instead of online. ( check with them before)
7. You can make some good friends at Consulate. (Uber prices can be shared :) and can cross the border together)
8. ENJOY the trip with Piece of mind