I have gone to Matamoros Mexico in 1st week of August 2016 for H1B stamping. Went for stamping for me, my spouse, a child with another US born child.
1st Aug 9:00am - finger print & photo @ ASC
2nd Aug 8:00am - visa interview & approved, asked to collect passport at 3pm @ consulate
2nd Aug 3:00pm - received passport for me and child @ consulate
3rd Aug 3:00pm - received passport for my spouse @ consulate.
visa interview questions to me:
* 4 of you are here, but submitted 3 passports only. so is another child born in USA?
* are you working for same employer?
* give me your I-129
* give me your last year W2
* give me your i-140 approval evidence
* how much salary you are getting?
* howlong you are working for your employer?
* where is your employer?
* whom do you report to?
* what is your job & duties?
* who is your client?
* then officer was noting some details from i-129 into his computer.
visa interview questions to my spouse:
* are you also working?
visa was approved for everyone who had attended interview on that day and on that week whoever was in hotel. if travelling with families or couple, please expect one delay for passport delivery for either of your family member.
I have stayed at Salvador's Best western hotel plaza Matamoros (https://mexicovisaservice.appspot.com)
;. It is the best place for families i would suggest. I was well taken care. we have made the chef to cook our south Indian style home food. chef was making all custom to food to suit kids and our style. please prepare additional day accommodation if you are traveling with family or for couple as it is usually delayed by another day for delivery of spouse passport. I have reached out to Salvador for any questions and any help which i wanted.
Though the below incident was not related to visa stamping, i give information here to show the level of service/care we can expect from Salvador. he was helping me getting mexico immigration done, providing ways to save money while there and more. everything was taken care as mentioned in above website.
On 3rd day, i had plan to travel within Mexico and flight was at 6pm. but i have received the passport at 3:30pm only and i didn't have flight reservation as i was not sure about passport delivery. Salvador, his hotel staffs and his assistant GAUDENCIO helped to make it possible. I couldn't book flight ticket online as it was less than 6hrs to book though seats were available. While his hotel reception staffs calling airline and assure seats available, his assistant was helping me to get to airport ontime.
port of entry @ PHL airport:
* why did you go mexico?
* why did you choose mexico for stamping than your home country?
* how many days you were there in mexico?
* where do you live in usa?
* give h4 visa supporting documents?
* show visa approval copy?
* last visa expired in 2014. where is the extension approval since then?