Would like to thank immihelp who has been a true tutor for me and could be for all of them who wants to apply by themselves.
My interview was in Mumbai Consulate, it went very smooth and I got the visa for 10 years multiple entry.
Immihelp really helped me to filled up application form/DS-160, preparing documents and most exiting and important part is interview preparation and reading others interview experience.
From my experience I would like to give some tips which may help you ….
1. Gather all the documents (Passport, education related, professional, personal etc) before filling up DS160. There should not be any mismatch between document and information filling in DS160 form. Most common mistake people does in field "Given Name". it should be Name & Middle name both (exatly as shown in passport), dont write only name, there is no other column for middle name.
2. Fill up the form and save it . Do not submit in first time. (as after submit you will not be able to correct if any mistake)
3. Review the form twice thrice or the next day or next week, try to find out mistake if any, correct and once you are confident then submit it. ( Validity for review and correction is 30 days from saving it first time in case you have choose to save and not to submit/signature in first time)
4. Prepare for an intervirew, make a list of questions VO may ask. List of question may be preapred by reading various experiences or by putting up yourself in VO's place and think what you may ask to your candidate.
5. Once list is prepared, make short and to the point answers. (as you will have only 2-5 mins for answering all questions).
6. Practice question answer at least 20-30 times giving role of VO to someone or standing in front of mirror. Keep practicing till the time you are confident of answering each question without any hesitation.
7. Start visulizing interview closing your eyes whenever you are free. Question and answer by yourself. And remember your last sceen of visualization must be VO saying "Your visa is approved, you will get your paspport in 3-5 days" Practice this 100 times and it will come true.
8. Secondly be prepared for unexpacted question/s, they may ask. Just relax, take half second pause and answer what is correct, do not answer anything in hurry. (also do not take long pause or they may think you are making answer)
8a. Dress up well, that will always help you boosting your confidence.
9. Go 1 hr prior to interview time as they will allow to enter 50-60 mins before interview time. Don't reach too early or else you will have to wait on the road/footpath that can spoil your mood, also do not reach late or else you may lose your focus. (rare tip : do not stand below tree in case you reach early as birds on tree are ready to shit on your shirt/dress, as it happned to one of the candidate)
10. After entry people are there to help you at each mode so don't worry just relax and go. You can choose to get referesh once you enter inside, there is fresh room inside, go wash your face, relax.
11. In case you are nervous or tense, take a long breath and keep doing the same till the last moment. Don't worry what other thinks, what really matter is how you present yourself against VO.
12. Inside you need to take a token number then give finger print and lastly you need to present against window no. which is announce against your token no. (people there will guide you for each step)
13. When VO call you at window, great him/her Good morning/evening etc.
13a. Keep your passport ready as firstly they will ask for the same.
14. Listen and understand question properly (you may face problem as there are lot of noise back side)
14a. In case you are not clear with the question, do not hesitage asking it again by saying beg your pardon etc. Do not answer without listening/understanding question properly.
15. Give to the point and short answer, do not give additional or irelevant information.
16. Do not present any document till the time they ask you for the same. (but keep it handly as you will have no time to search for asked document.)
17 Go with full confidence (no overconfidence pls) & relax. Don't worry too much as world is not going to change whatever the result may be, you will be as happy as you are currently.
-------- All the Best --------------
Document preparation tips
- It may warry on case to case base, whatever you have filled up in form DS160 your document should support the same or whatever you think can strengthen your case, you can carry the same. (for example someone from US is inviting you so you need to carry invitation letter/card etc, work experience letter/income proof/tax returns/educational certi etc)
- I suggest , caryy two file or folder, first should contain Passport,DS-160 confirmation page, appointment confirmation page, fee receipt and 8-10 supporting documents (you feel is most important and most supporting), in second folder you can carry other supporting document which you feel is require but not that much important. And I think making index on first page of folder/file will help you to find out document as you will have no time to find the same in case they ask any document.
-In many case they don't ask for a single document (as happened in my case) but in case they ask and you don't have it then you are gone. So be prepared with all documents. That's what I think.
-------- All the Best --------------
My interview experience :
Window no. announced for my token number, I went there, 1 person was giving interview and 1 was standing in queue. After 7-8 mins my number came.
me : Good Morning, Madam. ( When I went she was drinking water, so waited her to finish her glass then great her)
VO : Good morning, Your passport please.
me : Yes madam (passport given)
VO: Why you want to visit USA (asked after few seconds)
me : To drop my mother as she is afraid of travelling alone after my fathers death. They were living there and having green card, I have the green card copy. If you want to see.
VO : No I will ask if I require any document.
me : ok madam (then nither tried to present any document nor she has asked for any document)
VO : when did your father expired.
me : Date Given.
VO : Sorry to hear the same.
me : its ok.
VO : Who called your parents there.
me : My sister
VO : What is she doing there
me : House Wife.
VO : Does she applied for your immigration.
me : yes madam.
VO : When you think your file will open (don’t remember the exact question but meaning is same)
me : I suppose in 2015, as it takes 10 years to open file and it was filled in 2005.
VO : Does you mother physically fit to travel. (this question was out of my question list / unexpected question)
me : Yes she is physically fit but mentally disturbed, need my support.
VO : Are you appling for your family.
me : No, I am leaving them here.
VO : What is your job profile.
me : I started explaining but she stopped me in between
VO : No no no, I mean your position,designation
me : oh !! I am sorry, working as xyz position (I appologize for understanding question wrongly)
VO : What is your salary
me : xyz per month
VO : Annualy
me : xyzz annualy.
After 2-3 second of silence. ( she was busy in typing something, even all the time she was typing something in computer during question answer, may be recording answers)
VO : Your visa has been approved, you will get your passport in 3-5 days.
me : Thank you, thank you very much madam.
Thats how I got the visa. It went very smooth, it went for aound 5-6 mins.
I think when your reason is valid and answering question honestly then there is no reason they should reject your application. That’s what I feel.
I will be happy if my experience can help anyone to get the visa. All the best. Good Luck.