I will glad if this can help anybody to get through the approval process.
I had the biometric at 8.30 am and the interview at 11.30am on the same day i.e. on 12th Nov. I reached at the VAC at around 7.50am and it got over by 8.30am. Then I went back to the hotel and did few hours of mock interview and came to the Consulate at 10.45am. The queue was huge!!! With no other way, and joined the queue. After a long waiting in the queue and security check, I finally reached to the interview counter at around 2pm. The guy prior to me was applying for the tourist visa and I was surprised to see interview for him. The VO was asking lot of questions him. I was scared. If this is the case for tourist visa then what will happen to me. Fingers crossed!!!! After around 10-15 mins it got over.
VO: Next Please.
Me: Hello Officer. Very Good Afternoon!!
VO: Which Company?
VO: Which location?
Me: Houston, Texas.
VO: What is your specialization?
Me: I have expertise and extensive knowledge on my organization’s proprietary product offering XYZ. I have more than 6 years of domain expertise. I have experience on ABC specific delivery processes such as xyz1, xyz2 and xyz3. (VO then stopped me in between)
VO: What is your current role in your organization?
Me: xxxxx xxxx
VO: What that exactly mean. What you really do in your day to day activity?
Me: Requirement gathering, Design, Development
VO: What is your current team size?
VO: How many of them work on designing?
Me: 3 (By mistake I told this number. Then suddenly he fired the next question as expected.)
VO: Then why you? Why not the other two are travelling??
Me: I am working on the development of this product since its inception and the other two have newly joined (he again stopped me.)
VO: What will be your duration of stay?
Me: Aprx 1yr
VO: What will be your salary?
VO: (now the golden words) Your Visa is approved, All the best.
Me: Thank You Very much. Have a good day.
Tips and Tricks:
• I will suggest staying at “The Park” hotel. It’s just in-front of the US Consulate. And in a walkable distance from the VAC.
• Go half hour before your scheduled time to the VAC. And no hurry to reach the consulate.
• Don’t carry unnecessary belongings with you, not even mobile phone if possible. (It will take 30-45 mins to deposit them at the baggage counter).
• And as usual, don’t lose smile on ur face, concentration, confidence, eye contact with the VO. Never hesitate to ask to repeat the question, if you are not able to hear it properly.
• Use the words like ‘extensive knowledge’, ‘expertise’, and ‘experience’ etc. during the interview.
• Never ever miss to do the mock interview. Prepare the possible Q&A and do the mock interview at-least 15-20 times for each Q&A. This will ensure that you will not miss any key points answering to the VO.
All the Best.