ABC- () • 11/09/2012 11:42 AM
Thanks to immihelp for this facility on sharing/ learning on experiences.
Got my L1B Blanket Visa approved today. I was refused B1 last month. I went for 2 months training, but VO told its wrong category. Either J1 and H3 was right category.
After 2-3 weeks, I applied in L1B (Of course from company's blanket petition). I was worried on B1 refusal earlier. But went through well. Interview went like this:
Me: Good Morning sir
VO: Good Morning sir, how are you doing today?
Me: Am doing good sir, thank you
VO: (after reading my DS160 on his comp) Oh your B1 was rejected?
Me: Yes sir, we applied for 2 months training under B1 and got to know it was wrong category. Now company has the changed the position and want me to work there instead of training.
VO: Okay, where do you work sir?
Me: <company name>
VO: What do they do sir?
VO: What do you do for your company sir?
Me: <explained my roles and responsibilities including 'specialized skills' in 2-3 lines>
VO: what is <***skill>
VO: what is <***>. He asked 2-3 questions to understand my skill project. They were related to semiconductor Industry.
VO: Typed some thing in computer for 1-2 min.
VO: Sealed on all three I129S forms.
VO: visa approved. I will keep one copy, give one to HR and carry one with you when you travel. congratulations.
Me: Thanks a lot sir. Have a good day.
VO: You too sir, thank you
1. Greet him at the beginning/ end, keep smiling, answer every question very calmly and with smile. That shows you are not tensed.
2. 'specialization skill' matters a lot because it is L1B! We need to convince him in simple language. Most semiconductor engineers wont have problem because we will know state of the art technology and which is new and special. Dont throw any hi-fi words, tech words, be simple.
3. I was worried on effect of Obama's new presidential role, but didn't effect here!
4. Suit, tie is not must.
5. Dont forget to give $500 DD before VO interview. Giving DD is specific to few visa's so you should not move on with regular people/ queue.
6. Eye to eye contact is must when you answer
7. If I greet him with 'sir', he also was greeting me with 'sir'. that's his kindness. we also need to be kind enough whether visa approves or rejects.
All the very best to all.
ABC, Bangalore 09-Nov-2012