Siddu- () • 11/07/2012 07:03 AM
Thanks for sharing the experiance. Let me add up my exp also here so that some can refer.
Day 1 : Biometric
1. If you have interview somewhere like 09/10/11 in morning, please plan accordingly so that you reach on time. I had interview at 10 and I had left from Powai at 8.45 only but still since the traffic was worst reached the venue at 10.
2. Ensure you get down to OFC building for Biometric and not to Trident Building where Visa Interview takes place. Me including many other gone to Trident Building. If you reach late, and if u go to wrong building , this may add up your tesions
3. Rest is just a procedure inside the OFC, there will be initially security check to check if you have any objects which was not be carried, then you will be provided a token which will have number and they will ask to wait for your turn. It is a speedy process unlike Visa Interview. In your tuen, you will provide them your DS 160 Confirmation First page, Appointment letter and passport. They will take your photograph, finger prints and seal the DS 160 Doc and attach a sticket with a barcode to your Passport. You will need to bring these to ViSA interview.
4. Before you leave, one guy will ask you if you want courrier services. You can take the form ( free ) so that you can fill it and bring during the visa interview
Day 2 : Visa
This is a very strenous procedure, really tests your patience :). I had interview at 7.45 and I had reached there at 6.30 only but the time I came out it was 11.00 !! well, strain apart, end result will be sweet. Though most of the below steps will be anyhow told there, I will just mention for your referance.
1. Initially you will asked to stand in Q where huge crowd will be there. Ensure you were standing in rite Q. There will be immigrant and non immigrant Q separately. You need to be in Non Immigrant Q. In Key the Visa representatives will check your Appoitment letter, passport and first page Petition. They wil ask you to fold it and hold, rest documents you can have in your file.
2. As first Q progresses, you will be asked to ensure you dont have any Mobile, Remote Car keys, pen drive bla bla..then once u get in you will be checked thourougly by securiy.
3. You will be asked to Sit on chairs for some time and then they will allow inside. Inside, first thing you will have to do is get your biometric verified. After that, they will attach a token number to passport and you will wait for your turn. The time to wait on chairs outside and waiting inside for your turn is where maximum time is consumed
4. When you turn comes, they will ask only Passport, Petition doc. If requiired they may ask more.
a. Who is your client ?
b. What do they ( client ) do ?
c. What is your salary
and finally " You Visa is approved, Have a Good day " ..wooow. Thats it.
Then head to Courier and hand over the form which you collected during Bilometric, pay 300 bucks and head back home happily.
All the best guys,