221g white paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any update on any body's case ?

I am still getting same message of " Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. "

at both websites..

and passport status email returns same

" There is no status update available for the passport number submitted. "

Comment

no updates.... still pending

Comment

Updates

There is no change in the consulate status tracker and the passport status.
        However, the CEAC website showed an updated date yesterday and today it says visa is issued and is in final stage processing.
        I'm waiting to hear from the consulate about my visa now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagerlywaiting View Post
          There is no change in the consulate status tracker and the passport status.
          However, the CEAC website showed an updated date yesterday and today it says visa is issued and is in final stage processing.
          I'm waiting to hear from the consulate about my visa now.
          Congrats..keep us updated..I believe your passport is with consulate..

And your main interview was on 7th correct?

However the date shown on websites is date of OFC..was it same for you...was your OFC on 6th?

What other documents did you submit as attachment to the questionnaire email you got?

Can you also please post the replies from the conversation you had with DOS personnel and how many times did you call?

I heard visa approvals and issuance most probably occurs on Wednesday's and Thursdays...not sure how true it is...but happy to hear your case got cleared..hope they process everybody's cases soon..

Thanks
          Last edited by adnaanusa; 12-28-2012, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Yes, my interview was on 7th Dec and the case creation said 6th December (maybe because i had my OFC appointment on the 5th).
            Along with the filled questionnaire, I submitted my CV, Employment verification letter which company had given me, H1B filing documents (i-129 etc) and the approval notice (i-797). Although only the CV was a mandatory document, i choose to provide all these as supplemental materials for my case since I don't have anything to do with research although my Masters is in Biotech. So I wanted to support evidence in such a manner. I dint have any research publications or any invitation letter, so instead i attached all these documents.

As far as DOS is concerned - I called them twice, once last week and once yesterday night since i saw the case updated on 27th on the CEAC website. When i called them, i asked them for the status of my visa, and what stage it is at. They asked me for my details and said administrative processing is complete. I was surprised since the consulate website wasn't updated all this while. Today morning i checked CEAC website and instead of saying "administrative processing" it said "issued" and said- "Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application."

I will keep you posted as to how many more days it takes for the stamping.

Comment

Thanks for the info..sure keep us posted..please..

Comment

Received passport

Hi all,
                I got the email about my passport yesterday evening.
                I collected my passport immediately from ustraveldocs.
                However visa is stamped for 2 years even though the visa shows EPD(end of petition) as 3years.
                I guess it's because of my security clearance.
                Either ways I'm glad I got my passport and visa back.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagerlywaiting View Post
                  Hi all,
                  I got the email about my passport yesterday evening.
                  I collected my passport immediately from ustraveldocs.
                  However visa is stamped for 2 years even though the visa shows EPD(end of petition) as 3years.
                  I guess it's because of my security clearance.
                  Either ways I'm glad I got my passport and visa back.
                  Congrats..have a safe journey back to US..don't worry about duration of visa..

Comment

@Eagerlywaiting or anyone who has seen this status update on CEAC website...

my case status changed to this today..

" Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application. "

I believe its gonna change to appropriate message in a day or two.. as it doesn't make sense regarding interview.. I already had an interview...& fingerprints ..etc...

is this the same message you / anyone got before the status finally changed to administrative processing completed ?

Will keep you guyz updated.

And the status update from hyderabad consulate website.. is giving error...

and the passport status email.. still says no update available...

is there a local helpline to get an appropriate answer...

are these the numbers?

Telephone: 0120-660-2222; 022-6720-9400

if not I will just wait another day or two.. to check the new status update..

Thanks
                    Last edited by adnaanusa; 01-02-2013, 01:47 AM.

Comment

The status update on hyderabad consulate website is showing an error. Something technical "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error....."

CEAC still shows the application is under processing which is the same message that I have been getting all these days.

Passport inquiry still shows:There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.

(my interview date was Dec 11th)

Comment

Welcome me!

Hi all,
                        thanks for starting this thread. Here is the update on my situation. Looks like we all are facing the same tracking issues.

OFC: 17th Dec
                        IV: 18th Dec
                        Full time employee with a semiconductor company. Asked about my company, my duties and pay stubs. Issued me a white slip with email option. Received email in the afternoon and replied with resume and answers to the questionnaire.

Tracking:
                        Passport on VFS: Error in applicaiton. Please contact administrator.
                        Passport by email: No status update available for the passport number submitted.
                        VFS 221g online status: Sometimes "Invalide case Id" and sometimes "Microsoft database error"
                        CEAC status: Currently undergoing admin processing

Waiting.....

Comment

Hyd Consulate redirects to CEAC

Interestingly the US COnsulate Hyderabad now asks you to check the visa status on the CEAC website.

Comment

221g Hyderabad

Hi All,

I had my visa interview on Dec 19th. The VO gave me a 221g white slip and emailed me a questionnaire along with docs to attach which I did the next day. In CEAC website the status shows admin processing. Not sure how long it's going to take. I am in BIO field on EC model. So I am guessing its a TAL check. Not sure how long it is going to take.

Comment

221 g white slip Issued at the time of Visa interview

Hi,

My Husband and me (me h4 and husband H1B) went for Visa Stamping Dec 03 2012 at chennai, they have issued 221G white Form, in that they were asking to produce few documents and returned our Passports,It's really very disappointing for us .they were asking for project related document,129 petition support docuemnt and clients details in the 221 g form at the time of interview my husband provided all the infromation for their question even though they issued 221 g white slip ,though he is working for inhouse project.Today we dropped the supporting documents.
                              Some one please suggest me How much time it will take for verification for the documents and Stamping to complete,though they haven't taken our passports at the time of dropping the docuemnts.
                              Max such situations ends positively or negative ? did any one got visa stamped after 221g white form?if so what was the process happened with you and how much time taken to complete everything.

Surprising thing is in his office along with him 5 more people also was issued with 221 g white form from chennai consulate.
                              we are so disappointed and in a confusion state not understanding how this will end?
                              your suggestions and experiences will boost up some hope and strength.

Thanks,
                              swb4u

Comment

swb4u
                                221(G) is very common these days. Infact those who dont get it are surprised (and relieved).

However, there is no way of knowing how long the admin processing will take. My wife (H4) and I (H1B) are on admin processing since Dec 11, 2012 (Hyd consulate, white form). Almost everyone I know have waited anything from 45 days to 6 months for their renewals. Actual time varied on how simple or complex the case was.

The good news is that in almost all cases the visa is issued (this I know from experiences of friends and an informal chat with my lawyer).

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X