Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update?

Originally posted by adnaanusa View Post
    @Eagerlywaiting or anyone who has seen this status update on CEAC website...

my case status changed to this today..

" Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application. "

I believe its gonna change to appropriate message in a day or two.. as it doesn't make sense regarding interview.. I already had an interview...& fingerprints ..etc...

is this the same message you / anyone got before the status finally changed to administrative processing completed ?

Will keep you guyz updated.

And the status update from hyderabad consulate website.. is giving error...

and the passport status email.. still says no update available...

is there a local helpline to get an appropriate answer...

are these the numbers?

Telephone: 0120-660-2222; 022-6720-9400

if not I will just wait another day or two.. to check the new status update..

Thanks
    Hi adnaan,
    is there any change in the status of your case? Please keep us updated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kvemula View Post
      Hi adnaan,
      is there any change in the status of your case? Please keep us updated. Thanks!

I was a bit worried after I saw this website

as the status change on my case was Ready.. which seems second from top and going a step back ward... instead of moving forward..

however.. my status again.. changed to pending AP.. yesterday...

this is so confusing and frustrating... I can only hope that it gets cleared quickly for everyone who has to go through this 221g torture..

will keep you guyz updated...

Comment

I called Dept of State to inquire about the status of my application (H1B & H4, Hyd Consulate, Interviewed 11-Dec-2012, White form 221g).
        They gave me the same message as the CEAC website. Admin Processing.

The lady whom I spoke with told me to be prepared for 2 to 3 months! I hope it happens earlier... my boss is getting anxious.

Comment

221g White Paper (EVC) - Chennai Consulate

Hi,

I live in the US for last 5 years and in December 2011 when I applied for a H1 transfer, USCIS took almost 1 year to approve it but without i94 (I797C).
          So I came to Chennai for visa stamping.

12/13 - H1B Interview at Chennai Consulate. VO retained all original documents and issued me a 221g white slip without checking 'Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision...' along with my passport.

12/21 - Dropped all the mentioned documents (offer letter, client letter, updated contract and vendor letter) along with my passport.

01/08 - Collected passport(only) from Blue Dart without visa stamping . Neither letter mentioning why passport is returned without visa stamp nor the original documents taken from me at the time of interview has been in the envelope.

Does it mean my visa application has been rejected/denied or is it still under admin process. I checked CEAC website, which still says, 'Under Admin Processing' with created date as 12/12 and last updated date stamp as 12/13.

Please share if anyone has gone through the same scenario.

Thanks,
          John

Comment

Interesting read

Found this interesting read online while I was researching the 221(g) process:

Comment

Great Info

Thanks for sharing. It is really helpful. Also do read the comments below it.

Comment

Hi All,

Finally picked up my passport with visa today.

I am thankful to the Almighty and this forum members for all the tips and information being provided.

I see that the clearance was received on 20th Dec.. however visa was issued on 7th of this month.. My interview date was 10th Dec. OFC on 7th Dec.

I hope all the 221g waiting candidates get their processing completed as soon as possible and get the visa....

Once again Thanks all..
                Last edited by adnaanusa; 01-09-2013, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Contact

Adna****a

Can you pls call me at xxxxx xxxxx? Or give me your number and I will call you.
                  I was in the same situation. Dec 7 - OFC. Dec 11 - Visa Appmt. I am now on 221(g).

I need to get some details from you if you are ok with it.

Thanks,
                  Mirza
                  Last edited by imirza; 01-09-2013, 01:50 PM. Reason: masked the number to avoid misuse.

Comment

any updates?

any updates from any one?

mine is still pending.

Visa interview: Dec 11, 2012

Comment

Done with mine

Hi all,
                      my CEAC status changed to issued day before yesterday and my pp tracking started showing meaningful updates yesterday and finally changed to readyy for pickup. Looks like until the PP is with consulate, all we get is "No status update available for this pp number". Just keep checking CEAC.

Here is the summary:
                      OFC: 17th Dec
                      IV: 18th Dec, white slip
                      Issued: 20th Jan
                      PickedUp: 22 Jan

Thanks everyone!

Comment

221g White, Jan 17th

Hi

I attended Interview on 17th Jan.

EVC Model

OFC Jan 16
                        Interview Jan 17th

Not much questions were asked, just some basic ones and handed over the white slip. Only administrative processing was checked, no additional documents were requested. Client letter, vendor letter, 797, 129 are the documents taken. Now it is waiting game. I was in US for 3 years & am working for the past two years. This is my first H1B.

Anyone in same boat, attended interview in Jan and waiting for Visa? Any updates should be helpful - Thank you.

Comment

Wow

People before me and after me got visas and me still waiting. What an opaque process.

Comment

Originally posted by geotracker View Post
                            Hi

I attended Interview on 17th Jan.

EVC Model

OFC Jan 16
                            Interview Jan 17th

Not much questions were asked, just some basic ones and handed over the white slip. Only administrative processing was checked, no additional documents were requested. Client letter, vendor letter, 797, 129 are the documents taken. Now it is waiting game. I was in US for 3 years & am working for the past two years. This is my first H1B.

Anyone in same boat, attended interview in Jan and waiting for Visa? Any updates should be helpful - Thank you.
                            For me it took almost two months, and this varies from person to person
                            Interview date: 26th Nov 2012
                            Visa Issued on 17th Jan 2013

Comment

221g white paper

I am still waiting for VISA to be processed.

Interview Date: 17th Dec, issued 221g white paper with Admin Processing.

still waiting...

anyone on same boat?
                              Reddy

Comment

same boat

yes I am in the same situation

Interviewed at Hyd consulate on Dec 11, 2012 for H1B extension and spouse H4.
                                221(G) white form for both. No docs asked. Full time employee with a bank.
                                Still waiting.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X