PDA

View Full Version : 221g white paper

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

adnaanusa
12-11-2012, 04:56 AM
Hello guys..I had my h1b stamping interview yesterday at hyderabad consulate...the vo gave 221g white paper but nothing was ticked against documents to be submitted from my petitioner or from myself..

just the top portion where it says you will receive further instructionsjn email at the email address provided in your application..that part was ticked..

Vo did not mention about any documents submission ..I asked if its administrative processing..he said yes..I believe its common Muslim name check...

I got email in afternoon asking basic information about myself..and I replied to the email..

My PP along with i797 is with consulate...

I am now getting confused nothing is ticked on the white paper...do I still need to submit anything at OFC

Anyone ran into same situation...if so after how many days they get their PP back and with or without visa.

Welcoming myself to 221g club...however all I saw was a thread for yellow form

I had gone through 221g demon earlier when I was going for my master's and waited almost 6 months then..had to come for stamping on some emergenctly and took the risk..hoping for the best....

Thanks

Eagerlywaiting
12-13-2012, 03:09 AM
Hi, I attended my interview on Dec 7th at hyderabad and the VO barely asked me any questions. I'm in a marketing related job but in a big technology company (direct employee). I did my MS in Biotech. This is my first H1B and i was on Opt for a year before this. The VO handed me a form about 221g with the "consulate will email you with a questionnaire" option ticked. He said watch out for an email from us and reply to the questionnaire and we will start the process after we receive the reply from you. He retained my passport and DS-160 confirmationa and copy of i-797. I had a similar experience during my F1 visa interview 3 years ago, and it took about 4 weeks for the processing. I wonder what the process time will be this time. I'm very worried as it is my first H1B and this 221g doesnt seem to leave me alone.

adnaanusa
12-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Can you please tell me what does it shows to you when you do the following..about the status of your case...

For me it says below message...

" Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website. "

When I sent email to get PP status..it says. " PP is still with post.."

Hoping for best.. and for all people going through this brutal wait and mental trauma of getting PP's back with approved visa...

Is there any other way we can track our case....anyone else got same 221g paper and got approval and in how many days...

Also I don't think.. this pdf will get updated with our case.. right?

as it is chennai consulate....

I believe HYD consulate.. is just allowing users to view the case status online.. and not in pdf file...

Thanks..

Eagerlywaiting
12-14-2012, 02:25 PM
hi adnaan,
I had my interview on 7th dec, and until yesterday U.S consulate website tracker [ said

" Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website. "

When I sent email to get PP tracker until tuesday it said " PP is still with post.." however from tuesday onwards i always get message "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted." When i call the helpline it says "your passport is with the consulate post" so maybe there is some problem with the automated replies via email.

However starting today my case is not showing up on consulate 221g tracker. It says "We were not able to identify Case #
I dont know what's going on. One day the consulate tracker doesnt work and the next day the PP tracker doesnt work for me.

Eagerlywaiting
12-14-2012, 02:37 PM
So basically the message you are getting is normal and that's the same i was getting too. Passport is still with post means it is still with the consulate post. And the consulate website too says its undergoing processing which is normal. Unfortunately there is no other way to track other than these 2 methods and calling DOS i guess. Atleast in your case you are able to track both the case and the passport. Mine is giving errors since 2 or 3 days for both. Right now I'm unble to view my case due to error and PP tracker also says no status update available. Since it has been one week exactly since my interview I'm not contacting DOS, i will wait another week and call them. Tell me about your background? Did they ask you to submit additional documents other than the questionnaire and resume? I'm guessing you have a common muslim name. Do you belong to a TAL field?

My case is as follows - Interview date- 7th dec
TAL - Biotech background (M.S in US + company is a biotech company)
Im however not in research and in marketing.
First time H1B stamping.
Direct employee of the company sponsoring H1B

My case seems straightforward but only time will tell! :(

adnaanusa
12-15-2012, 11:56 PM
So basically the message you are getting is normal and that's the same i was getting too. Passport is still with post means it is still with the consulate post. And the consulate website too says its undergoing processing which is normal. Unfortunately there is no other way to track other than these 2 methods and calling DOS i guess. Atleast in your case you are able to track both the case and the passport. Mine is giving errors since 2 or 3 days for both. Right now I'm unble to view my case due to error and PP tracker also says no status update available. Since it has been one week exactly since my interview I'm not contacting DOS, i will wait another week and call them. Tell me about your background? Did they ask you to submit additional documents other than the questionnaire and resume? I'm guessing you have a common muslim name. Do you belong to a TAL field?

My case is as follows - Interview date- 7th dec
TAL - Biotech background (M.S in US + company is a biotech company)
Im however not in research and in marketing.
First time H1B stamping.
Direct employee of the company sponsoring H1B

My case seems straightforward but only time will tell! :(

My case is giving me the same results as you are getting since yesterday.

Any update on your case?

Eagerlywaiting
12-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Nope no updates my end. Documents are with consulate post. My case status and pp tracker are still not working.

mgujju
12-19-2012, 04:28 AM
Hi Friends,

I have attended H1 B Visa interview on Sep 18th 2012 and consulate has given me 221g white form and said my case needs administartive processing and it will take some 2-3 weeks . But till today i din't receive any updates from them and no idea how long it takes. when ever I call Ustraveldesk they say that the case is still under processing, did any one face the same issue like me if so how long it has taken to get the visa.

Eagerlywaiting
12-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Adnaan any update? What is your employment background? EC EVC or direct E? Case status shows processing as usual (started working again 2 days ago) and PP tracker is still down. I called DOS yesterday and they said the case is still pending administrative processing (nothing new) So waiting as usual....

MGUJJU- You should email VFS and the consulate saying 2 months has elapsed since your interview and you need a case status. They usually respond after several mails ive heard esp if its passed 60 days. which consulate did you go to?

adnaanusa
12-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Adnaan any update? What is your employment background? EC EVC or direct E? Case status shows processing as usual (started working again 2 days ago) and PP tracker is still down. I called DOS yesterday and they said the case is still pending administrative processing (nothing new) So waiting as usual....

MGUJJU- You should email VFS and the consulate saying 2 months has elapsed since your interview and you need a case status. They usually respond after several mails ive heard esp if its passed 60 days. which consulate did you go to?

EVC.. but no questions were asked related to that.. during interview.. or any documents were asked...just client name and my pay stubs.. which were shown to VO.. and were returned back to me.... I am worried.. as some people.. are being asked to submit documents at a later point.. not sure what type of verification is being done.. i will call by next tuesday.. that's when I will complete 2 weeks.. or is the call option need to be used after 60 days ? I hope.. I don't have to wait that much longer...

I am able to see the update on the website about my case and also able to get the PP status through email... both did not work... for 2 or 3 days... I believe their systems go down.. starting Friday evening.. was able to get results from website on Monday evening.. PP tracker was working.. during weekend though...

However.. gone through some other threads in this forum.. and some have mentioned... that these trackers are also not helpful.. in some cases...

hope this wait ends soon.. for everyone.. and me...without being asked for any further information at a later point...

vinayreddy50@gmail.com
12-20-2012, 02:30 AM
HI All,

i just get into your bucket... attended interview on 17th Dec, PP retained by VO and given white Slip, only marked admin processing in the sheet, no documents to submit.
will this take months to be processed?

EVC.. but no questions were asked related to that.. during interview.. or any documents were asked...just client name and my pay stubs.. which were shown to VO.. and were returned back to me.... I am worried.. as some people.. are being asked to submit documents at a later point.. not sure what type of verification is being done.. i will call by next tuesday.. that's when I will complete 2 weeks.. or is the call option need to be used after 60 days ? I hope.. I don't have to wait that much longer...

I am able to see the update on the website about my case and also able to get the PP status through email... both did not work... for 2 or 3 days... I believe their systems go down.. starting Friday evening.. was able to get results from website on Monday evening.. PP tracker was working.. during weekend though...

However.. gone through some other threads in this forum.. and some have mentioned... that these trackers are also not helpful.. in some cases...

hope this wait ends soon.. for everyone.. and me...without being asked for any further information at a later point...

adnaanusa
12-20-2012, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=vinayreddy50@gmail.com;289354]HI All,

i just get into your bucket... attended interview on 17th Dec, PP retained by VO and given white Slip, only marked admin processing in the sheet, no documents to submit.
will this take months to be processed?
[/QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear you join the 221g wait group...hope we all get it cleared soon..

what questions did the vo asked?

Wait varies from person to person or case to case ..

Eagerlywaiting
12-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Adnaan you don't need to wait 60
Days to call DOS. You can call them immediately.
No documents except the email questionnaire that I submitted was asked from me as well.
I have my departure date coming up and I'm afraid I need to cancel it. Lot of money down the drain

mgujju
12-21-2012, 02:12 AM

I have emailed VFS lots of time they are just saying still it is in adminstartive processing, no idea when that process will be complted if any one faced the same situation please let me know who long it will take the process?

imirza
12-21-2012, 04:52 PM
I have emailed VFS lots of time they are just saying still it is in adminstartive processing, no idea when that process will be complted if any one faced the same situation please let me know who long it will take the process?

Guys
I attended the visa interview (H1B) with my wife (H4) on Dec11. I too got a 221(g) white sheet. I work for a direct client (bank). No docs were asked... Just filled out and emailed them the questionnaire. Now it's a waiting game.

adnaanusa
12-27-2012, 01:07 PM
any update on any body's case ?

I am still getting same message of " Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. "

at both websites..

http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/pending-or-refused-visas.html

https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/

and passport status email returns same

" There is no status update available for the passport number submitted. "

imirza
12-27-2012, 03:42 PM
no updates.... still pending

Eagerlywaiting
12-28-2012, 01:58 AM
There is no change in the consulate status tracker and the passport status.
However, the CEAC website showed an updated date yesterday and today it says visa is issued and is in final stage processing.
I'm waiting to hear from the consulate about my visa now.

adnaanusa
12-28-2012, 03:48 AM
There is no change in the consulate status tracker and the passport status.
However, the CEAC website showed an updated date yesterday and today it says visa is issued and is in final stage processing.
I'm waiting to hear from the consulate about my visa now.

Congrats..keep us updated..I believe your passport is with consulate..

And your main interview was on 7th correct?

However the date shown on websites is date of OFC..was it same for you...was your OFC on 6th?

What other documents did you submit as attachment to the questionnaire email you got?

Can you also please post the replies from the conversation you had with DOS personnel and how many times did you call?

I heard visa approvals and issuance most probably occurs on Wednesday's and Thursdays...not sure how true it is...but happy to hear your case got cleared..hope they process everybody's cases soon..

Thanks

Eagerlywaiting
12-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Yes, my interview was on 7th Dec and the case creation said 6th December (maybe because i had my OFC appointment on the 5th).
Along with the filled questionnaire, I submitted my CV, Employment verification letter which company had given me, H1B filing documents (i-129 etc) and the approval notice (i-797). Although only the CV was a mandatory document, i choose to provide all these as supplemental materials for my case since I don't have anything to do with research although my Masters is in Biotech. So I wanted to support evidence in such a manner. I dint have any research publications or any invitation letter, so instead i attached all these documents.

As far as DOS is concerned - I called them twice, once last week and once yesterday night since i saw the case updated on 27th on the CEAC website. When i called them, i asked them for the status of my visa, and what stage it is at. They asked me for my details and said administrative processing is complete. I was surprised since the consulate website wasn't updated all this while. Today morning i checked CEAC website and instead of saying "administrative processing" it said "issued" and said- "Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application."

I will keep you posted as to how many more days it takes for the stamping.

adnaanusa
12-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the info..sure keep us posted..please..

Eagerlywaiting
12-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Hi all,
I got the email about my passport yesterday evening.
I collected my passport immediately from ustraveldocs.
However visa is stamped for 2 years even though the visa shows EPD(end of petition) as 3years.
I guess it's because of my security clearance.
Either ways I'm glad I got my passport and visa back.

adnaanusa
12-31-2012, 11:37 PM
Hi all,
I got the email about my passport yesterday evening.
I collected my passport immediately from ustraveldocs.
However visa is stamped for 2 years even though the visa shows EPD(end of petition) as 3years.
I guess it's because of my security clearance.
Either ways I'm glad I got my passport and visa back.

Congrats..have a safe journey back to US..don't worry about duration of visa..

adnaanusa
01-02-2013, 12:43 AM
@Eagerlywaiting or anyone who has seen this status update on CEAC website...

my case status changed to this today..

" Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application. "

I believe its gonna change to appropriate message in a day or two.. as it doesn't make sense regarding interview.. I already had an interview...& fingerprints ..etc...

is this the same message you / anyone got before the status finally changed to administrative processing completed ?

Will keep you guyz updated.

And the status update from hyderabad consulate website.. is giving error...

and the passport status email.. still says no update available...

is there a local helpline to get an appropriate answer...

are these the numbers?

Telephone: 0120-660-2222; 022-6720-9400

if not I will just wait another day or two.. to check the new status update..

Thanks

imirza
01-02-2013, 09:07 AM
The status update on hyderabad consulate website is showing an error. Something technical "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error....."

CEAC still shows the application is under processing which is the same message that I have been getting all these days.

Passport inquiry still shows:There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.

(my interview date was Dec 11th)

kvemula
01-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi all,
thanks for starting this thread. Here is the update on my situation. Looks like we all are facing the same tracking issues.

OFC: 17th Dec
IV: 18th Dec
Full time employee with a semiconductor company. Asked about my company, my duties and pay stubs. Issued me a white slip with email option. Received email in the afternoon and replied with resume and answers to the questionnaire.

Tracking:
Passport on VFS: Error in applicaiton. Please contact administrator.
Passport by email: No status update available for the passport number submitted.
VFS 221g online status: Sometimes "Invalide case Id" and sometimes "Microsoft database error"
CEAC status: Currently undergoing admin processing

Waiting.....

imirza
01-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Interestingly the US COnsulate Hyderabad now asks you to check the visa status on the CEAC website.

yokel
01-04-2013, 04:54 AM
Hi All,

I had my visa interview on Dec 19th. The VO gave me a 221g white slip and emailed me a questionnaire along with docs to attach which I did the next day. In CEAC website the status shows admin processing. Not sure how long it's going to take. I am in BIO field on EC model. So I am guessing its a TAL check. Not sure how long it is going to take.

swarnu
01-04-2013, 07:04 AM
Hi,

My Husband and me (me h4 and husband H1B) went for Visa Stamping Dec 03 2012 at chennai, they have issued 221G white Form, in that they were asking to produce few documents and returned our Passports,It's really very disappointing for us .they were asking for project related document,129 petition support docuemnt and clients details in the 221 g form at the time of interview my husband provided all the infromation for their question even though they issued 221 g white slip ,though he is working for inhouse project.Today we dropped the supporting documents.
Some one please suggest me How much time it will take for verification for the documents and Stamping to complete,though they haven't taken our passports at the time of dropping the docuemnts.
Max such situations ends positively or negative ? did any one got visa stamped after 221g white form?if so what was the process happened with you and how much time taken to complete everything.

Surprising thing is in his office along with him 5 more people also was issued with 221 g white form from chennai consulate.
we are so disappointed and in a confusion state not understanding how this will end?
your suggestions and experiences will boost up some hope and strength.

Thanks,
swb4u

imirza
01-04-2013, 11:07 AM
swb4u
221(G) is very common these days. Infact those who dont get it are surprised (and relieved).

However, there is no way of knowing how long the admin processing will take. My wife (H4) and I (H1B) are on admin processing since Dec 11, 2012 (Hyd consulate, white form). Almost everyone I know have waited anything from 45 days to 6 months for their renewals. Actual time varied on how simple or complex the case was.

The good news is that in almost all cases the visa is issued (this I know from experiences of friends and an informal chat with my lawyer).

Good luck.

kvemula
01-04-2013, 08:21 PM
@Eagerlywaiting or anyone who has seen this status update on CEAC website...

my case status changed to this today..

" Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application. "

I believe its gonna change to appropriate message in a day or two.. as it doesn't make sense regarding interview.. I already had an interview...& fingerprints ..etc...

is this the same message you / anyone got before the status finally changed to administrative processing completed ?

Will keep you guyz updated.

And the status update from hyderabad consulate website.. is giving error...

and the passport status email.. still says no update available...

is there a local helpline to get an appropriate answer...

are these the numbers?

Telephone: 0120-660-2222; 022-6720-9400

if not I will just wait another day or two.. to check the new status update..

Thanks

Hi adnaan,
is there any change in the status of your case? Please keep us updated. Thanks!

adnaanusa
01-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Hi adnaan,
is there any change in the status of your case? Please keep us updated. Thanks!

I was a bit worried after I saw this website

as the status change on my case was Ready.. which seems second from top and going a step back ward... instead of moving forward..

however.. my status again.. changed to pending AP.. yesterday...

this is so confusing and frustrating... I can only hope that it gets cleared quickly for everyone who has to go through this 221g torture..

will keep you guyz updated...

imirza
01-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I called Dept of State to inquire about the status of my application (H1B & H4, Hyd Consulate, Interviewed 11-Dec-2012, White form 221g).
They gave me the same message as the CEAC website. Admin Processing.

The lady whom I spoke with told me to be prepared for 2 to 3 months! I hope it happens earlier... my boss is getting anxious.

anadmin
01-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi,

I live in the US for last 5 years and in December 2011 when I applied for a H1 transfer, USCIS took almost 1 year to approve it but without i94 (I797C).
So I came to Chennai for visa stamping.

12/13 - H1B Interview at Chennai Consulate. VO retained all original documents and issued me a 221g white slip without checking 'Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision...' along with my passport.

12/21 - Dropped all the mentioned documents (offer letter, client letter, updated contract and vendor letter) along with my passport.

01/08 - Collected passport(only) from Blue Dart without visa stamping . Neither letter mentioning why passport is returned without visa stamp nor the original documents taken from me at the time of interview has been in the envelope.

Does it mean my visa application has been rejected/denied or is it still under admin process. I checked CEAC website, which still says, 'Under Admin Processing' with created date as 12/12 and last updated date stamp as 12/13.

Please share if anyone has gone through the same scenario.

Thanks,
John

imirza
01-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Found this interesting read online while I was researching the 221(g) process:

kvemula
01-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks for sharing. It is really helpful. Also do read the comments below it.

adnaanusa
01-09-2013, 03:12 AM
Hi All,

Finally picked up my passport with visa today.

I am thankful to the Almighty and this forum members for all the tips and information being provided.

I see that the clearance was received on 20th Dec.. however visa was issued on 7th of this month.. My interview date was 10th Dec. OFC on 7th Dec.

I hope all the 221g waiting candidates get their processing completed as soon as possible and get the visa....

Once again Thanks all..

imirza
01-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Adnaanusa

Can you pls call me at xxxxx xxxxx? Or give me your number and I will call you.
I was in the same situation. Dec 7 - OFC. Dec 11 - Visa Appmt. I am now on 221(g).

I need to get some details from you if you are ok with it.

Thanks,
Mirza

imirza
01-16-2013, 03:53 PM
any updates from any one?

mine is still pending.

Visa interview: Dec 11, 2012

kvemula
01-22-2013, 12:41 AM
Hi all,
my CEAC status changed to issued day before yesterday and my pp tracking started showing meaningful updates yesterday and finally changed to readyy for pickup. Looks like until the PP is with consulate, all we get is "No status update available for this pp number". Just keep checking CEAC.

Here is the summary:
OFC: 17th Dec
IV: 18th Dec, white slip
Issued: 20th Jan
PickedUp: 22 Jan

Thanks everyone!

geotracker
01-22-2013, 01:15 AM
Hi

I attended Interview on 17th Jan.

EVC Model

OFC Jan 16
Interview Jan 17th

Not much questions were asked, just some basic ones and handed over the white slip. Only administrative processing was checked, no additional documents were requested. Client letter, vendor letter, 797, 129 are the documents taken. Now it is waiting game. I was in US for 3 years & am working for the past two years. This is my first H1B.

Anyone in same boat, attended interview in Jan and waiting for Visa? Any updates should be helpful - Thank you.

imirza
01-24-2013, 06:09 AM
People before me and after me got visas and me still waiting. What an opaque process.

haidmo
01-24-2013, 06:53 AM
Hi

I attended Interview on 17th Jan.

EVC Model

OFC Jan 16
Interview Jan 17th

Not much questions were asked, just some basic ones and handed over the white slip. Only administrative processing was checked, no additional documents were requested. Client letter, vendor letter, 797, 129 are the documents taken. Now it is waiting game. I was in US for 3 years & am working for the past two years. This is my first H1B.

Anyone in same boat, attended interview in Jan and waiting for Visa? Any updates should be helpful - Thank you.

For me it took almost two months, and this varies from person to person
Interview date: 26th Nov 2012
Visa Issued on 17th Jan 2013

vinayreddy50@gmail.com
01-25-2013, 03:20 AM
I am still waiting for VISA to be processed.

Interview Date: 17th Dec, issued 221g white paper with Admin Processing.

still waiting...

anyone on same boat?

imirza
01-26-2013, 03:18 PM
yes I am in the same situation

Interviewed at Hyd consulate on Dec 11, 2012 for H1B extension and spouse H4.
221(G) white form for both. No docs asked. Full time employee with a bank.
Still waiting.

shihab
01-27-2013, 03:20 AM
Fgsfv

shihab
01-27-2013, 03:26 AM
I still waiting for the visa for my wife and children in yemen.the intereview was in July 1-2012.any one waiting more than me for administrative processing.

wannaflyhigh
01-28-2013, 01:26 AM
I am still waiting for VISA to be processed.

Interview Date: 17th Dec, issued 221g white paper with Admin Processing.

still waiting...

anyone on same boat?

Hi Vinay,

I attended visa interview on 14th Dec and they issue 221g white paper and took my H1b peition and couple of documents. When i checked in the USCIS website, they say that they need to review it... Any idea or let me know if you get any update on your case.

Thanks..

salim.ahemad
01-28-2013, 02:38 AM
People before me and after me got visas and me still waiting. What an opaque process.

I am in the same situation, people have got the visa who applied after me, now days consulate have the standard practice to give 221G to most of the people specially for muslims.

This is my 2nd 221G, I have got same thing in my B1 too and it got cleared in 45 days. now again i have got 221G yellow with no docs during my H1B stamping interview, dont know how much time it will take now.

below is my interview exp.

Interview:-15th Jan 2013

Visa officer asked me standard question like my employer, designation, roles and responsibilites, salary and marital status. and handed over yellow 221G form and asked me to see my CEAC no. on consulate website (mumbai).

In my company out of 10 people 8 have gone through with admin process.

Hope you will get this admin process clear soon... :)

gooty
01-28-2013, 07:16 AM
Hey All,

After long time i have decided to join this forum and post my issue.

Visa Interview date : 24 Aug 2012 (Got 221(g) for Administrative Process) In Hyderabad consulate

Got a mail from hyd consulate to submit passport finally on 10 Jan 2013, I have submited my passport, 221(g) via Bangalore VFS office.

After that i start tracking my passport via send a mail to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com, And i can see incrementally status getting changed till 22nd. After 22nd if am send mail with my passport # am getting reply back as 'There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.'

Am really no sure what above message meant. I called VFS droped couple mail they dont have any proper update. Only suggestion what they say is keep checking https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ website for updates. Only change after so many month i can see status updated date to 18th Jan 2013 thats it.

Actually i lost all the hopes abt the visa, All of sudden i got the mail after 4+ month to submit my passport. Am noy sure how to react on this. Its really frustrating time.

How many days do consulate keeps the passport?
Can we ask for passport if there is any official trip to other countries? Whats the process if we can?

Thanks in advance.......

- - - Updated - - -

I still waiting for the visa for my wife and children in yemen.the intereview was in July 1-2012.any one waiting more than me for administrative processing.

Did you submit the passport?

vinayreddy50@gmail.com
01-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Hiii,

No updates yet.... :(

eagerly waiting for an email at least.

Hi Vinay,

I attended visa interview on 14th Dec and they issue 221g white paper and took my H1b peition and couple of documents. When i checked in the USCIS website, they say that they need to review it... Any idea or let me know if you get any update on your case.

Thanks..

shihab
01-29-2013, 01:37 PM
I submit the passport and all paper but they return all of them to my wife

gkn2012
01-31-2013, 02:52 AM
I am in the same situation, people have got the visa who applied after me, now days consulate have the standard practice to give 221G to most of the people specially for muslims.

This is my 2nd 221G, I have got same thing in my B1 too and it got cleared in 45 days. now again i have got 221G yellow with no docs during my H1B stamping interview, dont know how much time it will take now.

below is my interview exp.

Interview:-15th Jan 2013

Visa officer asked me standard question like my employer, designation, roles and responsibilites, salary and marital status. and handed over yellow 221G form and asked me to see my CEAC no. on consulate website (mumbai).

In my company out of 10 people 8 have gone through with admin process.

Hope you will get this admin process clear soon... :)

Hi Mirza/salim,
I am also in the same situation, I got the 221g White Slip from Chennai consulate on 21st DEC 2012, Still I am waiting for the administrative process completion. I don't know how long it will take to complete this process. Its really frustrating a lot!!!.

Interview date: Dec 21st 2012
Document Submission: Dec 28th 2012.

Hope everyone will get the visa soon. All the best.

Regards,
Kamal

imirza
01-31-2013, 09:26 AM
Kamal/Salim

Still no word from the embassy in my case (H1-B and H4). It is day 51 since the visa interview.
Good luck to you as well.

Mirza

imirza
02-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Any updates from anyone?

Mine still has no word... into Day 55 now.

salim.ahemad
02-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Any updates from anyone?

No update Mirza, CEAC website shows same thing and my CEAC no. have not appeared in .pdf file.

I am into 15th business day, will update you if anything come up.

R/Salim

vinayreddy50@gmail.com
02-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Hi,

i am into 49th day since my interview (H1B and H4), Passports and I797 are with consulate, no update yet.
what is that .pdf file that you were mentioned? Also
Please let me know if anyone get an update from consulate (AAP).

Good Luck to all.

No update Mirza, CEAC website shows same thing and my CEAC no. have not appeared in .pdf file.

I am into 15th business day, will update you if anything come up.

R/Salim

salim.ahemad
02-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Hi,

i am into 49th day since my interview (H1B and H4), Passports and I797 are with consulate, no update yet.
what is that .pdf file that you were mentioned? Also
Please let me know if anyone get an update from consulate (AAP).

Good Luck to all.

Hello Vinay,

Which consulate you went for the interview.?

vinayreddy50@gmail.com
02-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi Salim,

Mine is Hyderabad consulate.

Hello Vinay,

Which consulate you went for the interview.?

salim.ahemad
02-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Hi Salim,

Hi Vinay,

Hyderabad consulate do not have the facility for .pdf file to track your pending application, they only have the following link to check the visa status https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/

Only chennai, mumbai and kolkata embassy have the facility to track the case through .pdf as well.

R/Salim

gkn2012
02-06-2013, 01:08 AM
Any updates from anyone?

Hi Mirza,

I am in 47th Day, Still no updates from chennai embassy.

-Kamal

gooty
02-07-2013, 03:43 AM
There was status change on 5th Feb 2013 sayings its ready with following message.

Case Creation Date: 24-Aug-2012
Status Updated Date: 05-Feb-2013

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.

I was confused about this regarding am i suppose to attend an reinterview. I called up VFS they said if i get any mail are call from consulate then i can. Which i didnt get any intimation from any one.

Did any see there status as ready after submitting passport( 221(G) ) ? Today is 7th Feb 2013, I dont see any status change on CEAC website.

vinayreddy50@gmail.com
02-07-2013, 04:34 AM
i think you will get it in few days max 1 week.
did you get any email when Status got changed at CEAC?

There was status change on 5th Feb 2013 sayings its ready with following message.

Status Updated Date: 05-Feb-2013

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.

I was confused about this regarding am i suppose to attend an reinterview. I called up VFS they said if i get any mail are call from consulate then i can. Which i didnt get any intimation from any one.

Did any see there status as ready after submitting passport( 221(G) ) ? Today is 7th Feb 2013, I dont see any status change on CEAC website.

gooty
02-07-2013, 04:41 AM
No i haven't got any email are call from consulate, I random check the status in CEAC and found that they changed the status btw 1 to 3 PM IST on 5th Feb 2013.

Am not sure abt the update, Am supposed to attend the interview again are wait and see what happens with this status.

i think you will get it in few days max 1 week.
did you get any email when Status got changed at CEAC?

hawkeye13
02-07-2013, 04:45 AM
No i haven't got any email are call from consulate, I random check the status in CEAC and found that they changed the status btw 1 to 3 PM IST on 5th Feb 2013.

Am not sure abt the update, Am supposed to attend the interview again are wait and see what happens with this status.

Have you checked the pdf on consulate website ?
May be your case appeared over there!

got221g
02-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Hello guys ,

Here is my case

OFC-28-Jan-2013
Interview-29-Jan-2013
Model:Full time
Consulate :Hyd.

Visa officer kept the I-797 form and passport and gave 221g white form , I got email from consulate same day regarding a questionnaire and I replied with EV letter , offer letter and master degree .

I have common muslim name and I went through name verification process when I got My F1-visa in 2006.

imirza
02-07-2013, 04:03 PM
welcome got221g

join the club.

Just kidding. I hope we all clear this admin processing phase soon.

gooty
02-08-2013, 02:36 AM
Status Updated Date: 08-Feb-2013

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Am not sure whats happing, My lost all hope on this. I guess its better to get my passport back.

hawkeye13
02-08-2013, 03:33 AM
Status Updated Date: 08-Feb-2013

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Am not sure whats happing, My lost all hope on this. I guess its better to get my passport back.

Why dont you write to department of state ?
You can contact mumbai consulate directly at MumbaiNIV@State.gov

gooty
02-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Why dont you write to department of state ?
You can contact mumbai consulate directly at MumbaiNIV@State.gov

hawkeye13
02-08-2013, 06:54 AM

try hyderabadniv@state.gov

imirza
02-08-2013, 08:58 AM
try hyderabadniv@state.gov

hawkeye13:
What type of info can we ask on this email id?

hawkeye13
02-08-2013, 09:36 AM
hawkeye13:
What type of info can we ask on this email id?

This is the old email address directly to Consulate.
You can explain them your situation.

They do respond do queries on this email address

I would also ask you to write to Department of State as well.

<<Lawyer has explained me these options>>

imirza
02-08-2013, 10:03 AM
This is the old email address directly to Consulate.
You can explain them your situation.

They do respond do queries on this email address

I would also ask you to write to Department of State as well.

<<Lawyer has explained me these options>>

I took your advice and sent an email but the email address is not functional any more. Here is the delivery failure notification I received:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
hyderabadniv@state.gov
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

hawkeye13
02-08-2013, 12:32 PM
I took your advice and sent an email but the email address is not functional any more. Here is the delivery failure notification I received:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
hyderabadniv@state.gov
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Well in that case I would have to apologize for information.
I would like to mention that the same email address for mumbai consulate is still working.
I would strongly recommend you to reach out to Department of State (Through your company lawyer if possible)

Ahmedt
02-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi guys,
I'm in the same boat. Went for an interview on Aug 2-2012. VO gave me the 221g and said I should get my passport in two weeks. It's over 6 months still waiting for Passport. My employer and I E-mailed several times asking about the case status in respond we recieved the same old automated reply. I am working with direct employer for last 9 yrs (i-140 approved) and his is the 4 times I went for visa stamping, last 3 times got the passport with visa stamped with in two days. At present i am working remotely but my job requires me to be physically present onsite. Last week my employer contacted the US Senator office, their office said the case is in Dept homeland security.

All I suggest you is don't loose hope, I know it's not easy. As your employer to contact Dept of state or Dept of homeland security.

got221g
02-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Guys don't loose hope , back in 2006 when I applied for F1 visa .They did my name verification and it took 8 Months .I never heard any one got 221g Administrative pending case for F1 8 months long but it happened with me .

Just want to say dont loose hope, Just chill !!!

Ahmedt
02-09-2013, 02:25 PM
8 months for F1 unbelievable !
Mine is 7 th month may be I will get visa next month.
Have you heard of anyone over 8 months?

gkn2012
02-11-2013, 06:14 AM
Any updates on your 221g status? For me still it shows same status as administrative process.

imirza
02-11-2013, 08:55 AM
mine is still under admin processing.
today is Day 62.

looks like this is going to take at least 3 months if not more.

gooty
02-12-2013, 01:07 AM
I can see status change to Issued on 11 Feb 2013 in CEAC web site.

Status Updated Date: 11-Feb-2013

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

Am not sure what does this mean, Even after the status is changed to ISSUED passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com is saying no update on passport for given #.

Am confused,frustrated and alot to say.

gkn2012
02-12-2013, 01:13 AM

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

Am not sure what does this mean, Even after the status is changed to ISSUED passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com is saying no update on passport for given #.

I think your visa is approved. I hope you will get an email from embassy soon.

vinayreddy50@gmail.com
02-12-2013, 01:15 AM
Hi,

Can you able to get status of your passport ?

got221g
02-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Hello guys,

today I checked the status it says

"Case Creation Date: 25-Jan-2013
Status Updated Date: 13-Feb-2013

"Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. "

The status updates changed on 13-Feb-2013 , any idea what does that mean ???.
before that it was 29-Jan-2013.

h1b06feb2013
02-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Hello guys,

today I checked the status it says

"Case Creation Date: 25-Jan-2013
Status Updated Date: 13-Feb-2013

"Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. "

The status updates changed on 13-Feb-2013 , any idea what does that mean ???.
before that it was 29-Jan-2013.

Hi,

my interview at chennai was on 06-feb-2013 and got 221g , consulate kept the passport, today 14 feb the status date got updated. Did you get any further update after this?

got221g
02-14-2013, 03:08 PM

gooty,

I hope your visa got approved , did you get your passport ? And how they informed you to get the passport from embassy .

Thanks in advance

gooty
02-15-2013, 02:36 AM
gooty,

I hope your visa got approved , did you get your passport ? And how they informed you to get the passport from embassy .

Thanks in advance

I got my Passport with visa stamped after 6 Months of 221(g).

Interview Date : 24 Aug 2012 (Hyd Consulate)

First status changed : 10 Oct 2012 Still in Administrative process.

Got mail consulate to submit my passport on 10 Jan 2013.
Submitted passport on 11 Jan 2013 + 221(g) copy + DS-160

Status changed to Ready on 5th Feb 2013

Status changed to Administrative process 8th Feb 2013

Status changed to Issued 11th Feb 2013

Go email from noreply@ustraveldocs.com on 13th Feb 2013 to pick up the passport

When to VFS bangalore picked up my passport on 14th Feb 2013.

gkn2012
02-16-2013, 12:20 AM
I got my Passport with visa stamped after 6 Months of 221(g).

Interview Date : 24 Aug 2012 (Hyd Consulate)

First status changed : 10 Oct 2012 Still in Administrative process.

Got mail consulate to submit my passport on 10 Jan 2013.
Submitted passport on 11 Jan 2013 + 221(g) copy + DS-160

Status changed to Ready on 5th Feb 2013

Status changed to Administrative process 8th Feb 2013

Status changed to Issued 11th Feb 2013

Go email from noreply@ustraveldocs.com on 13th Feb 2013 to pick up the passport

When to VFS bangalore picked up my passport on 14th Feb 2013.

Congrats! Have a safe trip.

shihab
02-17-2013, 03:12 AM
The intereview for my wife and my children was on July 1-2012 and the said every thing is ok but they didn't take the passports and they said administrative processing until now is more than seven month .can someone help me .my case in us embassy in Yemen .

gkn2012
02-20-2013, 01:16 AM
Hi, Anyone got any updates on your 221g case. Mine still under admin processing. I don't know how long this process going to take.... its really frustrating...

hawkeye13
02-20-2013, 01:26 AM
Hi, Anyone got any updates on your 221g case. Mine still under admin processing. I don't know how long this process going to take.... its really painful and frustrating...

How long have you been waiting ?
I have been waiting for 46 days.
Case stuck at Mumbai consulate.

sopanda
02-20-2013, 04:13 AM
How long have you been waiting ?
I have been waiting for 46 days.
Case stuck at Mumbai consulate.

I have been waiting for the last 80 Days, without any updates.
Interview Date: Dec 3rd, 2012.
Bad decision to decide to come to India.. for vacation. Suggestion, go for stamping to Canada or Mexico, but not India.

imirza
02-20-2013, 06:35 AM
I am into day 71 since the interview at Hyd. Still under admin processing.

- I Mirza

SwetaSharma
02-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Hi All,

i gave my interview(first) on 9th Jan and for H4 along with my husband and received a pink slip :(
Its been more than 45 days and no update yet. My husband is in USA and I am here.

Called all possible place to get information but no luck.

azadtous
02-20-2013, 07:40 AM
55 days waiting for H4 ...

SwetaSharma
02-20-2013, 08:15 AM
55 days waiting for H4 ...

Yes waiting without knowing what to do next. It's very painful

got221g
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Hello ,

Here is my update .

OFC :- 28-Jan-2013
IV :- 29-Jan-2013

Got email questionnaire same day and replied to email on 01-Feb-2013
My case status got changed on CEAC site :- 13-Feb-2013
Visa got issued on 14-Feb-2013
Passport picked on 15-Feb-2013 .

This is unbelievable that I got visa in 13 Calender days ....during my F1 they did my name verification and it took 8 months .....

Thanks all for providing me helpful info
Best of luck All, hope you all get visa very soon .

anxious221g
02-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Congrats 221g. Your case gives me hope. Below are my details

OFC :- 5-Feb-2013
IV :- 6-Feb-2013

Got email questionnaire same day and replied to email on 07-Feb-2013
My updates on CEAC site says: Admin Processing
But, When I track my passport it says : NO information available. Couple of days ago, it said "passport still with post", but now it gives me no information.

I am a little stressed. My case clearly seems to be a TAL. I am in Pharma field, a full time employee.

Hopefully we all get cleared soon. It is quite an anxious wait.

abhi.av
02-23-2013, 10:39 AM
I had Visa Stamping @ Kolkata on 8 Feb 2013 .Visa Officer asked me to submit
more so more information and gave me a white slip {marked some documents from Petitioner }

When i went to submit all the RFE Docs to Team Stanley Office they said that we can't accept these documents without 221(g) Letter which will come
to your home address {address you have given} .

are they taking about any other letter or slip ? I would request you to
please guide me for RFE Document submission .

Note :- I have not received any 221(g) Letter @ my home address .(2) Even my employer have not received any mail from them .

Your quick response on these matter will be highly appreciated !!!

dkjdkj
02-24-2013, 08:44 PM
I had Visa Stamping @ Kolkata on 8 Feb 2013 .Visa Officer asked me to submit
more so more information and gave me a white slip {marked some documents from Petitioner }

When i went to submit all the RFE Docs to Team Stanley Office they said that we can't accept these documents without 221(g) Letter which will come
to your home address {address you have given} .

are they taking about any other letter or slip ? I would request you to
please guide me for RFE Document submission .

Note :- I have not received any 221(g) Letter @ my home address .(2) Even my employer have not received any mail from them .

Your quick response on these matter will be highly appreciated !!!

So far I am aware, white slip is your 221g letter. Did you show white slip to Team Stanley's staff when you visited them?

anxious221g
02-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Any Updates any one on the 221g White slip? Mine Still says Admin processing. Its been three weeks. I was hoping to get cleared soon based on what was posted in the forum, but looks like its going to take a while. this is quite stressful. I already postponed my ticket.

swetaD
02-27-2013, 03:17 PM
i'm joining your "club", also got 221g (white slip), 12 days of my administrative processing are over and i wonder if i still have chance to get visa during the next 2 weeks. If i don't get it my husband will have to go to US without me Or will have to leave a good job that he likes.
Good luck to everyone! :)

Vamshii
02-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Same here. Its been 3 weeks. No change in the status. Talked to the customer care twice. They suggested to call back if the case takes longer than 60 days. Then they contact the respective department for the status.

Any Updates any one on the 221g White slip? Mine Still says Admin processing. Its been three weeks. I was hoping to get cleared soon based on what was posted in the forum, but looks like its going to take a while. this is quite stressful. I already postponed my ticket.

anxious221g
02-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Sweta, Vamshii can you post your case details? Are you guys full time employees or EVC? Is yours a TAL check?

I am hoping we get some kind of answer soon. My family is in the US and I am stuck here. I am contemplating on calling the DOS. Is it advisable? Has anyone called the DOS to get updates?

I will pray for all who got stuck with 221g...The waiting sucks....

imirza
02-28-2013, 02:51 PM
I am stuck on this 221g thing since Dec 11, 2012
Full time employee.

I have called Dept Of State almost every week but of course got the standard reply.
I have sent emails to support@ustraveldocs.in every week and still get the same reply.

Vamshii: How did you get to talk to customer care? Is this for all embassies or just the one you visited. My interview was at Hyd.

thanks,
Mirza

anxious221g
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Mirza: I hope you get cleared soon. I can imagine how tough it must be for you.

I called the DOS today. They gave standard reply i.e., my case is pending clearence. Hope we all get cleared soon. Its tough the uncertainity.

Any other updates anyone?

imirza
03-05-2013, 09:30 AM
No change in status. It is still under "Administrative Processing".
Day 84 since the visa interview.

Good luck to all.
-Mirza

swetaD
03-05-2013, 10:06 AM
18 days are over....waiting :(

anxious221g
03-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi Everyone:

I checked the status today and it says

"Case Creation Date: 04-Feb-2013
Status Updated Date: 05-Mar-2013"

The status updated date changed to 05-Mar-2013 (today) , any idea what it means??
before that it was 06-Feb-2013 (My original IV date).

I hope its some kind of positive news. Hoping and praying for everyone stuck with 221g.

hawkeye13
03-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Call DoS and find out whether your process has ended or not ?

Hi Everyone:

I checked the status today and it says

"Case Creation Date: 04-Feb-2013
Status Updated Date: 05-Mar-2013"

The status updated date changed to 05-Mar-2013 (today) , any idea what it means??
before that it was 06-Feb-2013 (My original IV date).

I hope its some kind of positive news. Hoping and praying for everyone stuck with 221g.

Vamshii
03-06-2013, 02:19 AM
I am stuck on this 221g thing since Dec 11, 2012
Full time employee.

I have called Dept Of State almost every week but of course got the standard reply.
I have sent emails to support@ustraveldocs.in every week and still get the same reply.

Vamshii: How did you get to talk to customer care? Is this for all embassies or just the one you visited. My interview was at Hyd.

thanks,
Mirza

Hi Mirza.

Sorry for a late reply. I havn't been checking the site. Been quite busy.

I called the US customer care and India customer care. The numbers are on the CEAS site. I got reply that it would take 60 days typically. If not I should call them and they try to contact the respective department for the status.
I am also trying to follow up with our attorney.
Yes. My interview was also at Hyd and I guess it is TAL check because my Master's is in Chemistry.

regards,
Vamshi

Vamshii
03-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Congrats 221g. Your case gives me hope. Below are my details

OFC :- 5-Feb-2013
IV :- 6-Feb-2013

Got email questionnaire same day and replied to email on 07-Feb-2013
My updates on CEAC site says: Admin Processing
But, When I track my passport it says : NO information available. Couple of days ago, it said "passport still with post", but now it gives me no information.

I am a little stressed. My case clearly seems to be a TAL. I am in Pharma field, a full time employee.

Hopefully we all get cleared soon. It is quite an anxious wait.

Hello,

I am also in Pharma Field. My appointment was in Hyd on Feb 4th and 5th. Full time employee.
I never tracked my passport. Yet.
My case is still under Admin process. Keep us posted if you see any progress.

anxious221g
03-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi Everyone:

After my case status update date chaged on 5th March, it showed "Issued" on the 6th and I collected the passport with visa stamped on the 7th (today). :)

Thank you for the all support. It has been an anxious wait, but I am glad it ended. I will pray for everyone who is still waiting.

:)

hawkeye13
03-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Hi Everyone:

After my case status update date chaged on 5th March, it showed "Issued" on the 6th and I collected the passport with visa stamped on the 7th (today). :)

Thank you for the all support. It has been an anxious wait, but I am glad it ended. I will pray for everyone who is still waiting.

Congratulations! and good luck!

super221g
03-08-2013, 12:53 AM
I had my VI on 24th Jan in New Delhi and got a 221g white paper asking for Resume research paper and offer letter from the company (big famous company) in US with all the job responsibilities. I submitted these through a mail on 30th January, 2012. This is my first 221g and was on F1 and OPT for past 4 years.

Its more than 36 days ( 5 weeks). I called up DOS yesterday and the lady asked my passport number, name and DOB. She then said that my application is with New Delhi embassy with administrative processing. I asked her that whether my application has been in DOS and passed on or it hasnt reached at all.. she said the DOS doesnt process visas, it is done my embassies. (I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT MEAN) embassy does background checks?

I was wondering if the email sent is not in the correct format, do they reply asking to send it again? Or they accept whatever we send?

Can someone give me contact numbers for queries in NEW DELHI.

gkn2012
03-08-2013, 01:31 AM
I had my VI on 24th Jan in New Delhi and got a 221g white paper asking for Resume research paper and offer letter from the company (big famous company) in US with all the job responsibilities. I submitted these through a mail on 30th January, 2012. This is my first 221g and was on F1 and OPT for past 4 years.

Its more than 36 days ( 5 weeks). I called up DOS yesterday and the lady asked my passport number, name and DOB. She then said that my application is with New Delhi embassy with administrative processing. I asked her that whether my application has been in DOS and passed on or it hasnt reached at all.. she said the DOS doesnt process visas, it is done my embassies. (I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT MEAN) embassy does background checks?

I was wondering if the email sent is not in the correct format, do they reply asking to send it again? Or they accept whatever we send?

Can someone give me contact numbers for queries in NEW DELHI.

Hi,

I had the same experience with the DOS yesterday, they have mentioned like Administrative process is totally handled by Embassy. They asked me to write a letter to the Consulate and get the status of my 221g. But I don't know whether writing a letter to the embassy is a correct option. Anyone contacted the embassy regarding the 221g Administrative Process by sending a mail/letter?

Vamshii
03-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Hi Everyone:

Hello.

Congratulations!!

Same here.
I collected my passport today with VISA stamp. Its been ~30 days.

swetaD
03-08-2013, 03:04 AM
Hi,
Anyone contacted the embassy regarding the 221g Administrative Process by sending a mail/letter?
1 week after my interview (now its 3 weeks) i sent letter using their e-mail which was mentioned in 221g slip and got reply (that administrative processing has no limits, depends on case..but they are trying to make it faster and so on, and also i asked some question about passport - they replied)
Also every Friday at 11 am you can ask your questions on their FB page :)

mnik
03-09-2013, 03:47 AM
For those of you who are in the waiting stage, let me tell my story.
I have been in the US for 10 years, and have had one F1 and two H1B stamps done in the past.
I have a very common muslim name. I didn't have any problem at all when i first go my F1 in 2003. After my master's i joined a reputed company as a full time software engineer. When i went to Ottawa embassy for my first H1B stamping in 2007, i was put on admin processing(221g) and it took 6 months to get clearance. Hoping that i wouldn't have to go through the same processing again, i went to chennai embassy in 2010 for my second H1B stamping. Again i was put under 221g and this time it took 13 months to get clearance. Now i am on my third H1B and i have to visit india in a couple of months. I am absolutely not sure where to go for visa stamping. But i am absolutely sure that i would have to go through 221g again, given my name. I am in a dilemma whether to attend the interview in hyderabad or ottawa. Please, any feedback or suggestions.

hawkeye13
03-10-2013, 08:52 AM
1 week after my interview (now its 3 weeks) i sent letter using their e-mail which was mentioned in 221g slip and got reply (that administrative processing has no limits, depends on case..but they are trying to make it faster and so on, and also i asked some question about passport - they replied)

Please post the email address and FB page link if you dont mind !!

sopanda
03-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Interview Date: Dec 3rd,2012

No updates in application since.
I had the H1B Visa Interview on Dec 3rd, 2012 at the New Delhi Embassy(India), and my case was put under Administrative Processing (221g). It's been over 100 days, but there has been no updates on my case. Even after reaching out to the Embassy multiple times I get the standard reply that my case is under review and they will contact me when they have an update, sometimes they say that its stuck with the Dept of State. I have reached out to the Dept of State and I get the standard reply that my case is at the Embassy and I need to reach out to the embassy. There does not seem to be any updates on my case on the CEAC website since Dec 3rd, 2012, as if my case has been put there and forgotten. Any idea if there is some way I can at least know if they are looking at my application or they have just set is aside.

imirza
03-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Hi sopanda

I am in the same boat and I am sure there are others in this forum that share similar stories.

The only difference in our cases is that I interviewed on Dec 11, 2012 and the consulate was at Hyd. Still waiting.

I think you have pretty much touched all possible ways to get in touch with the concerned authorities i.e. emails and phone. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing if anyone is looking at your application.

Mirza

hawkeye13
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Interview Date: Dec 3rd,2012

No updates in application since.
I had the H1B Visa Interview on Dec 3rd, 2012 at the New Delhi Embassy(India), and my case was put under Administrative Processing (221g). It's been over 100 days, but there has been no updates on my case. Even after reaching out to the Embassy multiple times I get the standard reply that my case is under review and they will contact me when they have an update, sometimes they say that its stuck with the Dept of State. I have reached out to the Dept of State and I get the standard reply that my case is at the Embassy and I need to reach out to the embassy. There does not seem to be any updates on my case on the CEAC website since Dec 3rd, 2012, as if my case has been put there and forgotten. Any idea if there is some way I can at least know if they are looking at my application or they have just set is aside.

Check if you or your attorney has sent an email to legalnet ?
lookup aila guidelines on 221g on google.
Ask the same question to DoS and person there will tell you whether they can see any updates on your case or not?
Write email to your senators (They do help in such matters)
Ask your employer to write an email to senator as well.

ramrod
03-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Here is my case

OFC Feb 12
IV Feb 13

Working in Sales and Marketing for a large chemical company. I have PhD in Chem E and worked in R&D till 2008. I got 221g in 2008 as well when in R&D and took a painful 3 months then. I went for stamping again in 2010 and this time I had moved to Sales and Marketing and got the visa without any issues. I was hoping I'll not have a issue this time as well. The first two times my IV was in Madras and this time I went to Hyderabad. Unfortunately the VO asked me about my education background and the can of worms got opened. I told her that I have not worked in technology or R&D since my last 221g and VO was as usual gave some BS and gave me the notrious white form. I got the email later in the day which I replied same day with CV/research papers etc etc. Looks like Vamsi anxious221g got their visa in a month with similar cases and I hope to get it sometime soon as its getting a bit annoying now after 4 weeks with explanations to my new boss who is not at all aware of visa processes and is not able to digest this unreasonable open ended process.

Cheers and hope everyone on this forum get their visas soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Swetha,

Looks like we had our IV in the same week. Don't forget to provide any updates on your case.. its about damn time we get our visa!

Cheers!
R

swetaD
03-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Hi, the only difference is that i had my interview in Delhi. Ehh, still no updates, i'm very much disappointed because my husband cant wait for me forever, he will have to move to US alone if i don't get visa asap.

hawkeye13
03-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Here is my case

OFC Feb 12
IV Feb 13

Working in Sales and Marketing for a large chemical company. I have PhD in Chem E and worked in R&D till 2008. I got 221g in 2008 as well when in R&D and took a painful 3 months then. I went for stamping again in 2010 and this time I had moved to Sales and Marketing and got the visa without any issues. I was hoping I'll not have a issue this time as well. The first two times my IV was in Madras and this time I went to Hyderabad. Unfortunately the VO asked me about my education background and the can of worms got opened. I told her that I have not worked in technology or R&D since my last 221g and VO was as usual gave some BS and gave me the notrious white form. I got the email later in the day which I replied same day with CV/research papers etc etc. Looks like Vamsi anxious221g got their visa in a month with similar cases and I hope to get it sometime soon as its getting a bit annoying now after 4 weeks with explanations to my new boss who is not at all aware of visa processes and is not able to digest this unreasonable open ended process.

Cheers and hope everyone on this forum get their visas soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Swetha,

Looks like we had our IV in the same week. Don't forget to provide any updates on your case.. its about damn time we get our visa!

Cheers!
R

I wish I could be that lucky.

It's been 70 days since Document Submission and 90 days since 221g.

Hope nightmare gets over soon.

super221g
03-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Status updated on 14th and issued on 15th March.

VI = 24th January
Docs Submitted: 30th Jan

Issued = 15th March

H1B visa, New Delhi consulate.. TAL Mantis check.. Before had F1 visa for 3 years.

Current Passport Status Showing: Origination Scan ( is at OFC)

Hope to get hold of my passport in a few days.

Thanks to everyone. Good Luck to all still waiting.

ramrod
03-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Status updated on 14th and issued on 15th March.

VI = 24th January
Docs Submitted: 30th Jan

Issued = 15th March

H1B visa, New Delhi consulate.. TAL Mantis check.. Before had F1 visa for 3 years.

Current Passport Status Showing: Origination Scan ( is at OFC)

Hope to get hold of my passport in a few days.

Thanks to everyone. Good Luck to all still waiting.

Congrats! Lets see who will be next :)

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I could be that lucky.

It's been 70 days since Document Submission and 90 days since 221g.

Hope nightmare gets over soon.

Hawkeye whats your case background? Is it related to TAL? Why did you take 20 days to submit docs? I hope you get your visa soon..Good luck!

ramrod
03-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi, the only difference is that i had my interview in Delhi. Ehh, still no updates, i'm very much disappointed because my husband cant wait for me forever, he will have to move to US alone if i don't get visa asap.

Sweta, I can understand. Actually my wife left to US without me yesterday as she could not extend her leave any further and its quite painful to be away for such a unreasonable issue..We can only hope to get the visa asap..

swetaD
03-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Sad..but lets hope that the next week will be lucky for us! =) will be more than 30 days and i believe we have high chance!

hawkeye13
03-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Hawkeye whats your case background? Is it related to TAL? Why did you take 20 days to submit docs? I hope you get your visa soon..Good luck!

Ramrod!
I sincerely appreciate your good wishes.
I had a 221g blue at Mumbai consulate. Does not look like a TAL as I am FTE DBA.
Consulate requested a plenty of confidential Employer related documents. So preparation of documents from my employer took a long long time.

Yes I need to get my visa soon now!

H1bUser3
03-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am also waiting for my Visa after getting a 221g White Paper. Received an email after the interview and replied on 01.24.2013. I am a FTE with a Common Muslim Name.

Interview Date: 01.23.2013
Consulate: Hyderabad

CEAC Status
Case Creation Date: 18-Jan-2013
Status Updated Date: 23-Jan-2013

Its been 50 days...

All the best who are still waiting :)

ramrod
03-18-2013, 03:58 AM
So finally my status changed after 32 days to "Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application." Hopefully will get my passport with visa this week itself.

swetaD
03-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Great news :) you asked "who is the next"...hehe, and lucky you!
Did your status change today? My interview was 2days later, i pray that get news soon too..

H1bUser3
03-19-2013, 03:24 AM
Hi Ramrod,

Did you get any email about the status update or you have verified the status on CEAC?

So finally my status changed after 32 days to "Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application." Hopefully will get my passport with visa this week itself.

ramrod
03-19-2013, 03:34 AM
Hi Ramrod,

Did you get any email about the status update or you have verified the status on CEAC?

Yesterday I saw the message on CEAC but today I got an email that passport is ready for pickup. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Great news :) you asked "who is the next"...hehe, and lucky you!
Did your status change today? My interview was 2days later, i pray that get news soon too..

Thanks! My status changed yesterday and the passport is ready for pickup today. You should be getting similar update very soon. Good luck!

DOCMD
03-19-2013, 04:55 AM
Hi everyone, I interviewed on Feb 28th and was given white slip with case no. I was told to wait for further admnistrative processing and no further documents were requested that day. On march 4th I was intimidated to submit my previous passports which I did. My current status on CEAC website is same- admin processing.
Will keep you posted and best of luck to all.

I did some research and have come across few facts.
1. You will come to know about the visa issuance first on CEAC site, other methods- tracking passport, email, calling Vfs are not the best.
2. CEAC site is not very accurate cent percent, few cases have noticed their status changing to visa issued and then going back to admin processing again. It happened with me as well, my status changed to visa issued on march 18 and it lasted for couple of minutes. When I checked again it went back to admin processing.

swetaD
03-19-2013, 05:22 AM
Do they update statuses only on Tuesdays and Fridays? (Delhi) or it can be any day...

H1bUser3
03-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Today I've sent an email to support-india at ustraveldocs.com asking to give more specific information on my case for Administrative Processing. I got the response below.
If anybody got same response about Passport status, let me know

> Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.
>
> We understand that you would like to know the status of your visa.
>
> With regards to your concern, we would like to inform that, the passport
> status is "Created", which means your visa application is under process.
>
> Applicants are informed most administrative processing is resolved within
> 60 days of your visa interview. When additional administrative processing
> is required, the length of processing time will vary based on the
> circumstances of each case.
>
> We would also like to inform you that the visa processing is at the sole
> discretion of the Embassy/Consulate. Embassy normally wont share the reason
> for the delay. If the Embassy/Consulate needs more documents/informations
> they will contact you.
>
> There is no exact time limit to process a visa. We apologize for the
> inconvenience caused to you.

adnaanusa
03-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Do they update statuses only on Tuesdays and Fridays? (Delhi) or it can be any day...

I thought its usually wednesdays no matter which consulate..i could be wrong

Nonimm_Common_Name
03-25-2013, 02:44 AM
I thought its usually wednesdays no matter which consulate..i could be wrong

it doesn't matter which day. I am sure the website is updated everyday. I have seen many cases got an updated status on a random weekday.

mahals
03-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Hi... I have been following this thread for a while now. I had my H1B visa interview at hyd consulate on Feb 19th 2013, got white slip withoption check marked to respond to the email questionnaire. Sent the updated CV, publications, and references, and my degree certificate along with the email questionnaire. Mine looks like a TAL case, because I had my masters from US in cell and molecular biology & I work for an IV league university as a staff associate. Until march 19th, there is no change in case staus update. until then it showed the date of my interview which is feb 19th. But on march 19th, the case status update changed to march 19th and again on march 22nd the case staus update date changed, but the message is the same which is administrative processing... I was just wondering how long will it take to issue the visa after the status update date change. I have seen in many posts in this thread saying upate change, next day visa in process and the next day an email to pick the passport. I was just wondering anybody seen a situation like this....

Thanks

ashsun
03-25-2013, 07:01 AM
Hi,

How is everyone checking their case status?
I can only check it with my application ID but not with case number.
Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks

DOCMD
03-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi,

How is everyone checking their case status?
I can only check it with my application ID but not with case number.
Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks

Please add 000 before last digit to your case number and space between numbers comparing with example given on ceac case status site.

H1bUser3
03-26-2013, 03:35 AM
Today its more than 60 days since the date of document submission.
Its really painful to wait to like this.

mahals
03-26-2013, 04:16 AM
Today its more than 60 days since the date of document submission.
Its really painful to wait to like this.

hi H1bUser,

Is there any change in the status update date in between these 60 days while you are checking the case online?

H1B_Reddy
03-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Hi All,

i have been waiting since Dec, VO took my passport and all documents at the time of interview and issues 221g white paper with case number.
i have been checking the status on CEAC website regularly, it is showing the regular message like it is under admin processing.

i have checked CEAC today also, it is stillshowing that it is under admin processing.

and today, i.e after 100 days, i got email from US travel docs ... stating that

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is XXXXXX

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

i dont understand .....what does it mean? is that approval or denial or still in admin process. why did they keep my PP these many days (100).

please let me know.

H1bUser3
03-26-2013, 11:28 AM
hi H1bUser,

Is there any change in the status update date in between these 60 days while you are checking the case online?

No. Status has not changed since the Date of Interview.

imirza
03-26-2013, 12:31 PM
My case is still under Administrative processing. 105 days and counting.

Full time employee with a bank
Interviewed: Dec 11, 2012
Appeared with spouse: Visas H1B and H4
Passport, I-797 are with the Consulate
221G White Form
No documents asked. Only needed to fill out an email questionnaire.
I-140 Approved.

I have lived in the US since 2003 (F1 + OPT + H1B) and this is my first 221G.

good luck to all.
-Mirza

DOCMD
03-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Hi All,

i have been waiting since Dec, VO took my passport and all documents at the time of interview and issues 221g white paper with case number.
i have been checking the status on CEAC website regularly, it is showing the regular message like it is under admin processing.

i have checked CEAC today also, it is stillshowing that it is under admin processing.

and today, i.e after 100 days, i got email from US travel docs ... stating that

The passport number being returned is XXXXXX

i dont understand .....what does it mean? is that approval or denial or still in admin process. why did they keep my PP these many days (100).

please let me know.

Most likely your case may need more time to process and embassy has returned the passport to you. They will keep on doing there processing and may ask you to submit your passport again later to issue you the visa.
The passport currently is collected by the courier and will be delivered to you soon with some more nformation.
If visa is issued it should state visa issued on ceac website.
Above mentioned information is from knowledge obtained from various forums, please excuse if I am wrong.

H1bUser3
03-29-2013, 01:15 AM
The Status updated date on my case has changed to 28-Mar-2013. Status is still in Administrative Processing.
Today is Good Friday holiday for the Hyderabad Consulate, not expecting any updates.

H1B_Reddy
03-29-2013, 04:30 AM
Everything went as per my expectation
Today went to OFC office to pick our passports and Nothing was printed on our passports, totally disappointed :(

When I check the status using case number it is still showing that under admin processing.

Interview date: Dec 17th 2012
Passports returned : March 26th 2013

Anyone has experienced the same?

DOCMD
03-30-2013, 01:06 PM
When I track my passport I am getting a message stating there is no Status update available for The passport number submitted.
Earlier day before yesterday it has been showing delivered to post.
On ceac site my case number is still under admin processing.
Does anyone know what this could mean?
Date of interview: Feb 28, 2013

H1bUser3
04-02-2013, 02:00 AM
The Status updated date on my case has changed to 28-Mar-2013. Status is still in Administrative Processing.
Today is Good Friday holiday for the Hyderabad Consulate, not expecting any updates.

Thanks to Almighty, the Status has Changed to Issued on 01-Apr-2013. Passport status changed to Origination scan today.

ashsun
04-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Hi,

Fellow victims of 221g. I have attended my interview on march 12th, 2013.I received an email to send some information the same day. I sent them an email on March 15th, 2013.
I have been checking the case status since then on ceac website, it says administrative processing; case created march 8th, 2013, case updated march 12th, 2013.
How was the case created on the 8th when I attended the interview on the 12th(OFC appointment on the 11th)
I sent an email asking about this 2 days ago and have not received a response yet.
I have tried calling them but always get automated answers, I couldn't reach anyone.
Could anyone provide me with a number to reach consulate people so that I can talk to someone rather than getting automated answers?

Thank you

DOCMD
04-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Hi,

Fellow victims of 221g. I have attended my interview on march 12th, 2013.I received an email to send some information the same day. I sent them an email on March 15th, 2013.
I have been checking the case status since then on ceac website, it says administrative processing; case created march 8th, 2013, case updated march 12th, 2013.
How was the case created on the 8th when I attended the interview on the 12th(OFC appointment on the 11th)
I sent an email asking about this 2 days ago and have not received a response yet.
I have tried calling them but always get automated answers, I couldn't reach anyone.
Could anyone provide me with a number to reach consulate people so that I can talk to someone rather than getting automated answers?

Thank you

Unfortunately, there is no other way except for emailing. That too will yield you with the same answer- your visa is undergoing necessary admnistrative proessing bal bla....

pharma221g
04-12-2013, 04:41 AM
Hi All: I have been a silent spectator of this thread for the last month or so. I was issued 221g at Hyderabad consulate, here are the details

OFC Date : 4th March 2013
Interview date: 8th March 2013

Looks like my case was flagged under TAL - I am a FTE with one of the top pharma companies. The status finally changed to "Issued" today. Last updated date started changing since last 5-6 days. Its a big relief, just wanted to share my story here. Good luck to everybody!!

chennai_221g
04-12-2013, 08:18 AM
After almost 5 months i have received email from Chennai Consulate to submit my old expired passport.
I had my L1A/L2 Visa interview on Nov 14th 2012 at Chennai and was handed over 221G.
Has anybody has faced this situation. I don't know if this a good news.

DOCMD
04-12-2013, 12:59 PM
After almost 5 months i have received email from Chennai Consulate to submit my old expired passport.
I had my L1A/L2 Visa interview on Nov 14th 2012 at Chennai and was handed over 221G.
Has anybody has faced this situation. I don't know if this a good news.

Yes I was asked to submit my old expired passport after 1 week of the interview.
Date of interview 28 Feb and visa is still under administrative processing.
Do you have a common last name?

chennai_221g
04-13-2013, 12:31 AM
Yes I was asked to submit my old expired passport after 1 week of the interview.
Date of interview 28 Feb and visa is still under administrative processing.
Do you have a common last name?

I do have a common last name "SINGH". They have also asked me if i ever lived in UK.

DOCMD
04-13-2013, 03:41 PM
I do have a common last name "SINGH". They have also asked me if i ever lived in UK.

My last name is SINGH.
What I can guess is that our last name since common can cross match with people who may have some law problem in US.
I don't understand why would they need our old passport. Maybe they are looking for any other foreign country travel.
Keep me updated if you hear anything.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh.

rmkhan
04-14-2013, 02:23 PM
I have attended interview on 06th Feb 2013 for fresh h1b.They put my case in admin processing & handed over a white slip.Also, they did not ask any other documents.They kept my passport & experience letter & return all the documents including original petition and asked me to wait for 2-3 weeks.Now, It’s 7th week but did not get any update from them.

Is there any chance for stamping…? I got RFE against this case in November 2012 for additional documents.

Your help will be appreciated!!!

DOCMD
04-14-2013, 03:56 PM
I have attended interview on 06th Feb 2013 for fresh h1b.They put my case in admin processing & handed over a white slip.Also, they did not ask any other documents.They kept my passport & experience letter & return all the documents including original petition and asked me to wait for 2-3 weeks.Now, It’s 7th week but did not get any update from them.

Is there any chance for stamping…? I got RFE against this case in November 2012 for additional documents.

Your help will be appreciated!!!

Yes 100% your visa will be stamped je waheguru/allah da hukam hua.
Don't worry.
I haven't come across anyone whose visa has been denied after administrative processing.

rmkhan
04-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Yes 100% your visa will be stamped je waheguru/allah da hukam hua.
Don't worry.
I haven't come across anyone whose visa has been denied after administrative processing.

What is your experience ??

DOCMD
04-15-2013, 10:12 AM
What is your experience ??
Date of interview: feb 28, 2013
Requested old passport on march 4th
Submitted old passport on march 7th
Curent status administrative processing.

HeMan
04-15-2013, 05:59 PM
I had my visa interview today at Hyd and it's obvious I got a 221(g) because I am posting here :).

Background:
First time US visa - Petition got approved end of Feb 2013.
Currently work with a huge software product development company in India.
H1B Petitioner - In-House project of a very small product company (<20 people).

Interview:
I was cool, polite and unshaken. Long conversations. The officer grilled on the small company's product and presence.

At the end of the interview, the VO took copies of my 797, I129, LCA and a lot of information about the company (pamphlets et al that I had carried along with me to the interview).
She returned me my passport and said she has to put it on further processing and that I'll be receiving a mail if there are any updates.
She gave a white 221(g) slip and checked the "Your application needs additional admin processing" thingy and also checked the bottom most box "Other" and wrote "Additional Research" against it.

Per what I've seen on this thread, the passports of most of you were taken by the officer at the end of the interview right? And I presume most of you got an email about the status the very day of the interview right?
For me, my passport was returned right after the interview. And there was no email either about the case. Does that indicate a higher chance of denial or something?

This being the very first time I've ever attended a US visa interview, I am a completely novice to these. It would be of great help if someone can help me know if it's a common practice (returning the passport at the end of the interview still not asking for any extra documentation).

Also, how long do u suggest I should wait for a mail from them before I try to contact the consulate?

Regards,
HeMan

ashsun
04-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Hi Guys,

I have checked my status on CEAC today morning around 7.30 am it said admin processing - Status update april 15th, 2013
I checked again around 11.30 am this is what it showed

ISSUED
Application ID or Case Number: 2013xxxxxxxxxxxx -
Case Creation Date: 08-Mar-2013
Status Updated Date: 16-Apr-2013

I hope this means my visa is ready.
Good luck to everyone that has been waiting for their visa

My Case details
OFC- March 11th, 2013
Interview - March 12th, 2013 - received a white 221g, email option checked
Received an email on the same day
Sent all the required docs via email on march 15th, 2013

Ever since I have been checking the status on CEAC website, up until y'day it said
Status Updated Date: 12-Mar-2013

Y'day
Status Updated Date: 15-Apr-2013

FYI, I emailed support@ustraveldocs.com twice

Thank you for all your help. This website was helpful

ashsun
04-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Hi Guys,

I have received email saying as follows

The passport number being returned is xxxxxxxxx

Hyderabad, 1-8-384/385 Ground Floor, Gowra Grand, S.P.Road,, Hyderabad, 500016

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/in.

Within how many days should I collect my passport? I hope this means my visa has been issued.
I am not able to reach any person to talk to at the embassy. Is there any number other than these From India: 0120-660-2222 (or) 022-6720-9400
• From US: 1-310-616-5424

I tried calling to these numbers but I only got recorded information. Can anyone give me any other hyd embassy number?

Thank you

painful process
04-17-2013, 02:50 PM
I appeared for H1B along with my spouse as H4.
OFC Interview Date: 07, Feb 2013
Interview Date: 08, Feb 2013
White slip was handed to us, VO mentioned everything looks good but need some more time. Asked for my resume, offer letter, research to be sent through email.
Case # was also alloted to me.

Status has changed 3 times since 08, Feb 2013
08, April 2013- Still Under Admin Processing
11, April 2013- Ready
13, April 2013- Back to Admin Processing

I called DOS and they mentioned that the case it still pending.
Any idea how much more time will it take to get the VISA?

Thanks in advance for all the help !!

munna221g
04-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Hello Folks

I went for visa interview H1 on Feb 19th morning to Visa consulate along with my wife for H4. Just like others VO asked me very simple questions and said your visa is approved and gave a white slip which said I will get email with questions.

I got email same day and responded within a day. It has been 55 days. I am scared I will hit the 60 day barrier. This is the second time I am going through this. First time was in 2008 for F1 visa and I got PPT within 45 days. The following are my case details:

OFC : Feb 17 2013
VI Date: Feb 19 2013
Email Quetion response date: Feb 25 2013

Strangely the status check shows me following result:

Case creation date: Feb 14th (I was still in US during this date)
Status update date: First it was Mar 11 2013 and then it changed to Mar 18 2013.

I guess the status update date is an indicator of the progress of the case. I noted couple of cases in this forum who got Passports within 3 to 15 to 20 days of status update date. For me, it has been a month since the last update.

I was in US for 5 years. I have a full time job, own a home, own a car in US. Paid taxes in US. This is so frustating to wait just because of a common muslim name. Thankfully my company is letting me work from India temporarily as India employee but its still painful to wait and my US citizen kids are missing school and getting frustated of wait too...

Folks who get updates please do come back to this forum and update us so that we can continue to stay hopeful and positive.

Regards
Munna

swetaD
04-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi Munna :)
I had my interview on 15th of Feb (H4 visa) and still waiting (same 221g white slip, they didnt ask me to send any additional information), and in my situation the worst is that husband couldn't stay in India longer (so, he moved to US) and CEAC shows day of the interview as my status update (absolutely No updates).

munna221g
04-20-2013, 05:13 AM
Hi Munna :)
I had my interview on 15th of Feb (H4 visa) and still waiting (same 221g white slip, they didnt ask me to send any additional information), and in my situation the worst is that husband couldn't stay in India longer (so, he moved to US) and CEAC shows day of the interview as my status update (absolutely No updates).

I have seen lot of H4 cases go 221g.. It seems common with Hyd consulate to give 221g to almost everyone... Its a big mistake I did to go to Hyd consulate. Chennai is little faster comparatively... ...

Did you attend the interview ll by yourself or alongside your hubby?

I am not sure what to say... just wait and pray I guess..

Nonimm_Common_Name
04-20-2013, 07:07 AM
I had my H1-B interview on November 14, 2012 at Hyderabad consulate and waiting since then. Both the case creation date and case updated dates are still the same, i.e. the interview date. Though being a full time employee, I am guessing Common muslim name has put me into this. I have been reading these forum posts every day and i guess there is nothing much we can do, but except wait.

Ste1venson
04-20-2013, 07:29 AM
I am not sure what to say... just wait and pray I guess..

swetaD
04-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Munna, my case is in Delhi :( (but as you see the same as in Hyd) And my husband works in US for the last 3 years, he already had his H1B..we recently married and i had to apply for H4 alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Both the case creation date and case updated dates are still the same, i.e. the interview date.
Plz keep informing us about your case (updates) :) and wish you good luck!

gkn2012
04-21-2013, 01:59 AM
Hi, Any updates on your 221g, mine still shows as Pending Administrative process, its almost 4 months I have been waiting for the visa approval.

Kamal

rmkhan
04-21-2013, 04:12 AM
Munna, my case is in Delhi :( (but as you see the same as in Hyd) And my husband works in US for the last 3 years, he already had his H1B..we recently married and i had to apply for H4 alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Plz keep informing us about your case (updates) :) and wish you good luck!

Hi Sweta, My case is also at delhi. I appeared for interview on 06 Feb Since then no update. :(

swetaD
04-21-2013, 07:32 AM
I appeared for interview on 06 Feb Since then no update. :(

What is your problem, i guess common muslim surname (or field of your work/education)? Mine is that i'm from country which is considered as not-democratic, president isnt allowed to visit US,EU..and i was working as a lawyer (governmental job). I don't have any connection with politics, any secrets, field of work was protection of rights of children, work with young (under 18yo) criminals. I have no idea what is possible to check about me for so long, left all because of my husband and now cant even be with him. He has been working for american company for many years.

munna221g
04-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi, Any updates on your 221g, mine still shows as Pending Administrative process, its almost 4 months I have been waiting for the visa approval.

Kamal

Whats ur case creation date and case update date?

All,

Please share your case creation date and any status update date. This is a possible indicator of progress of the case in the back ground. Thanks.

Regards
Munna

gkn2012
04-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Whats ur case creation date and case update date?

All,

Please share your case creation date and any status update date. This is a possible indicator of progress of the case in the back ground. Thanks.

Regards
Munna

Hi Munna,

Here its my details,

221g White slip(Chennai Consualte)
Case Date creation : 13 dec 2012
Interview date: 21st Dec 2012.

VO asked to submit project related documents & my 12 months paystubs.... I have submitted the required documents on Dec 28th 2012... till then I am waiting for the Consulate's response.

Regards,
Kamal

munna221g
04-22-2013, 06:43 AM
I had my H1-B interview on November 14, 2012 at Hyderabad consulate and waiting since then. Both the case creation date and case updated dates are still the same, i.e. the interview date. Though being a full time employee, I am guessing Common muslim name has put me into this. I have been reading these forum posts every day and i guess there is nothing much we can do, but except wait.

Hello Brother ASAK,

Are you from any TAL cbackground? I mean Pharamacy, robotics something special??? 5 months is long time brother. Is it first H1B stamping or renewal? Did you status update change at all.. since your interview?

Each of us will get the visa soon.. just matter of time.

munna221g
04-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Hi Munna,

Here its my details,

221g White slip(Chennai Consualte)
Case Date creation : 13 dec 2012
Interview date: 21st Dec 2012.

VO asked to submit project related documents & my 12 months paystubs.... I have submitted the required documents on Dec 28th 2012... till then I am waiting for the Consulate's response.

Regards,
Kamal

Kamal,

Is your Case creation date is prior to your Interview date?
Did ur case update ever change after your interview date?

Munna

gkn2012
04-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Kamal,

Is your Case creation date is prior to your Interview date?
Did ur case update ever change after your interview date?

Munna

Yes, My case creation date is prior to Interview date (OFC document submission date).

Kamal

imirza
04-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi,
Here are my case details.

221g White slip (Hyd Consulate). No documents asked.
Case Date creation : 10 Dec 2012
Interview date: 11 Dec 2012
I appeared for H1B renewal and wife appeared for H4 renewal.

Background: I am a full time employee with a bank. In US since 2003. Originally went for Masters and then on to H1B. Have been working for this bank since Sep 2008. I have an i-140 approved.

No updates to the case status since the interview date. So into the 5th month since the interview.

regards,
Mirza

munna221g
04-23-2013, 04:53 AM
Hi,

Background: I am a full time employee with a bank. In US since 2003. Originally went for Masters and then on to H1B. Have been working for this bank since Sep 2008. I have an i-140 approved.

No updates to the case status since the interview date. So into the 5th month since the interview.

regards,
Mirza

Brother can we talk over phone please call Nine Five Seven Three Two Three Six Three Five Six

Nonimm_Common_Name
04-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Hello Brother ASAK,

Are you from any TAL cbackground? I mean Pharamacy, robotics something special??? 5 months is long time brother. Is it first H1B stamping or renewal? Did you status update change at all.. since your interview?

Each of us will get the visa soon.. just matter of time.

I am from Civil Engineering Background. I know 5 months is longer, but there is nothing much I can do, I guess. All the e-mails to embassy go in vain. My status didn't change since the date of the interview. Both the case creation date and updated date are the same. I don't know for how long would I be able to survive this pain.

munna221g
04-23-2013, 05:40 AM
I am from Civil Engineering Background. I know 5 months is longer, but there is nothing much I can do, I guess. All the e-mails to embassy go in vain. My status didn't change since the date of the interview. Both the case creation date and updated date are the same. I don't know for how long would I be able to survive this pain.

Brother,

Sorry.. you might have already posted this info.. But .. Is the passport with you or with the embassy? When you say Civil back ground.. do you actually work in Civil Engg?

Did you try calling Dept of State or sseek help through local senator? This might not speed up the process but it will just bring to their attention that you have been waiting for so long..

gkn2012
04-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Hi,

Today I have received an email from embassy asking to collect the 221g documents and I have collected the documents. And there is an 221g blue slip to submit my passport for issuing the visa.

I have submitted the passport and Hope visa should be stamped.

Regards,
Kamal

munna221g
04-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Hi,

Today I have received an email from embassy asking to collect the 221g documents and I have collected the documents. And there is an 221g blue slip to submit my passport for issuing the visa.

I have submitted the passport and Hope visa should be stamped.

Regards,
Kamal

Dude

Congrats.. happy for you.. BEst of luck! Keep us posted when you pick up the passport

- - - Updated - - -

Folks who posted their experiences are getting visas sooner or later... Hope is the key word I guess...

Nonimm_Common_Name
04-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Brother,

Sorry.. you might have already posted this info.. But .. Is the passport with you or with the embassy? When you say Civil back ground.. do you actually work in Civil Engg?

Did you try calling Dept of State or sseek help through local senator? This might not speed up the process but it will just bring to their attention that you have been waiting for so long..

I dont know why it got posted twice. I work in Civil Engieeirng field itself. Consular kept the passport and said it would take about 2-3 weeks to issue the visa. I have called Dept of State nd they say my case is in Hyderabad consulate nd it is upto them to process the visa.

H1B_Reddy
04-24-2013, 02:47 AM
Hiii,

i got the below email today...(in Dec i was issued 221G white).

Dear Applicant,

This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your passports at the OFC or VFS office for further processing of your case.

If your application has been refused under section 221(g) of the INA and you are requested to submit additional documents or your passport please log in to www.ustraveldocs.com/in, download the 221(g) courier submission letter and submit it with the required documents either at one of the 5 OFC or 6 VFS offices. To locate the 5 OFC and 6 VFS offices closest to you, please check www.ustraveldocs.com/in. There will be no fee charged for this service.

did anyone of you or your friends experienced the same? Please share u r exp.

gkn2012
04-24-2013, 05:10 AM
Dude

Congrats.. happy for you.. BEst of luck! Keep us posted when you pick up the passport

- - - Updated - - -

Folks who posted their experiences are getting visas sooner or later... Hope is the key word I guess...

Thanks Munna. I will post once I get my passport from embassy.

munna221g
04-24-2013, 06:20 AM
Hiii,

i got the below email today...(in Dec i was issued 221G white).

Dear Applicant,

This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your passports at the OFC or VFS office for further processing of your case.

If your application has been refused under section 221(g) of the INA and you are requested to submit additional documents or your passport please log in to www.ustraveldocs.com/in, download the 221(g) courier submission letter and submit it with the required documents either at one of the 5 OFC or 6 VFS offices. To locate the 5 OFC and 6 VFS offices closest to you, please check www.ustraveldocs.com/in. There will be no fee charged for this service.

did anyone of you or your friends experienced the same? Please share u r exp.

Reddy,

your visa could be approved that why they are asking to submit pPT. please come bAK TO THIS forum, after u get ur ppt and post experience like all details.. Case creation date, status update date etc...

I guess next in line is Mirza...

sagitarius80
04-26-2013, 07:07 AM
Hello guys,

I have attended from my H1B interview in ocgt 2011 at Hyd consulate and got 221g white. I could never track my case, repeated calls and emails were in vain with only response the case undergoes admin processing. TOday I got a call from Hyd consulate asking me to attend re-interview on Monday 29ths Apr. The lady who called me told to bring only my passport and my family passports nothing else.

1. Shoudl I carrry any doucmentation apart from passports I mean employer related documents?
2. Is there a chance for them to ask for updated offer letter from the employer
3. If anybody had attended re-interview can you kindly guide me

Hoping for the best.

munna221g
04-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Hello guys,

I have attended from my H1B interview in ocgt 2011 at Hyd consulate and got 221g white. I could never track my case, repeated calls and emails were in vain with only response the case undergoes admin processing. TOday I got a call from Hyd consulate asking me to attend re-interview on Monday 29ths Apr. The lady who called me told to bring only my passport and my family passports nothing else.

1. Shoudl I carrry any doucmentation apart from passports I mean employer related documents?
2. Is there a chance for them to ask for updated offer letter from the employer
3. If anybody had attended re-interview can you kindly guide me

Hoping for the best.

Well, best of luck. Carry all the docs... especially Client letter (new), Any recent pay stub of your employer, any recent appraisal letter, offer letter... By the way is your approved I797 still valid? because if it has expired then I am not sure how the interview would go...

sagitarius80
04-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Well, best of luck. Carry all the docs... especially Client letter (new), Any recent pay stub of your employer, any recent appraisal letter, offer letter... By the way is your approved I797 still valid? because if it has expired then I am not sure how the interview would go...

Thank you for the prompt response. My i 797 is stil valid but I dont have any recent offer letter from employer as I got call today moring from the consulate. I have emailed my emplyoer to send the updated offer later by email. Will carry all the documents I have from the previous interview.

I have got he following mail

Please come for a re-interview on April 29, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. Please bring your valid passport and print-out of this letter, while coming to the Consulate General.

Does it mean the visa will be issued, as they have not indicated to carry any documentation.

Kindly reply.

USER553
04-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Hi

I have attended H1 interview with my wife today at Delhi Embassy. I am with one of the world's top IT company & going on a client project. I have been with this company for around 7 years. Also note that i had B1 stamped for 10 years in 2006 & travelled twice on that. I also had H1B stamped in 2011 but never travelled on that one.
VO asked me below question

1) Location i would be working
Answered
2) Salary i will be gettng in US
Answered
3) Cleinte's Name
Answered
4) How long i have been with present employer
Answered

Then he did write something on his system & sent me to another counter. He said that there wil be few more question on that counter. When i reach on that counter an indian guy was standing & i handed over my and wife's passport to him. He scanned both passport and gave me whiote 221 (g) crossing all the document list on that. He said that i dont have to submit any document . He also said that dont worry your visa is approved but they need final clearance & that will take around 2 weeks time.

Does anyone had any idea that .....

1) why that VO did not issue me a 221 g & sent me to other counter...
2) How i should read words from that guy that visa is approved
3) Should i believe the guy that it will not take more than 2 weeks,.
4) What does he mean by clearance (is it beacuse of some common name )

I had 221 (g) during my last H1b visa stamping too , but that time it was issued by VO and he asked lot of documents .

I will appreciate if folks can help me with their experience...

sagitarius80
04-29-2013, 11:50 PM
Hello Guys,

My case details:

Initial interview (Hyderabad): Oct 2011-- 221 G White
No status update
26 Apr 2013: Received a call from consulate asking to attend re-interview on Monday 29 Apr 2013

Re-interview: 29 Apr 2013

I have attended the re-interview along with my wife. Brief description of the interview

VO: asked about our passports (as mine and my daughter's passport expired and we took new one)
Me: Yeah these are new
VO: how long are you married and kids.
Me: xx years and 2 Kids
VO: Why do you have only 3 passports?
Me: At the time of applying for visa (18 months back) my younger one didnt have passport
VO: Have you got it now with you?
Me: No
VO: Let me think what can we do about his passport
Me: (The way she was asking I thought she is going to issue the visa)
VO: she told I should try out Interview waiver program for my younger one
Me: Yeah thank you.
VO asked few questions about my job and qualification. Everything looked kind of cool.

Then she started typing something in the computer and I realized again I am going to get 221 G. As per my expectation she picked up a form and started writing something on it. She thought for a while and then retained our passports (previously passports were returned to us) and handed over the form.

Finally she said you have been very patient, but one more final step I will send an email with questionnaire, please respond. Meanwhile you start checking out Interview Waiver program details on the website for your son.

Before we ask she told I cannot tell you how much time this processing will take but usually it takes couple of weeks.

I did receive mail with generic questionnaire asking for CV, personal details, employer details and I have responded the same day.

What does this mean?? what are the chances of getting visa? After 18 months of Admin processing why is this admin process again with questionnaire.

Somebody Kindly respond.

Thank you.

H1B_Reddy
04-30-2013, 03:10 AM
Hi All,

After 4+ months of Admin Processing, Consulate asked me to submit my Passport on 24/04/2013 and i did on 25/04/2013.

When i check the passport status: it is saying "Delivered to Post" from past 5 days and when i check the status on CEAC website it is still the admin processing but status date got changed to 29/04/2013.

Only Status Updated Date got changed but not Status and PP status: "Delivered to Post"

anyone had the same exp?

swetaD
04-30-2013, 06:05 AM
no updates (interview - 15th of Feb)
Is anyone in the same situation as i'm when husband is in US and wife has to wait for visa...i feel so desperate, its simply inhuman to separate couples.

munna221g
04-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Hello Guys,

My case details:

Initial interview (Hyderabad): Oct 2011-- 221 G White
No status update
26 Apr 2013: Received a call from consulate asking to attend re-interview on Monday 29 Apr 2013

Re-interview: 29 Apr 2013

I have attended the re-interview along with my wife. Brief description of the interview

VO: asked about our passports (as mine and my daughter's passport expired and we took new one)
Me: Yeah these are new
VO: how long are you married and kids.
Me: xx years and 2 Kids
VO: Why do you have only 3 passports?
Me: At the time of applying for visa (18 months back) my younger one didnt have passport
VO: Have you got it now with you?
Me: No
VO: Let me think what can we do about his passport
Me: (The way she was asking I thought she is going to issue the visa)
VO: she told I should try out Interview waiver program for my younger one
Me: Yeah thank you.
VO asked few questions about my job and qualification. Everything looked kind of cool.

Then she started typing something in the computer and I realized again I am going to get 221 G. As per my expectation she picked up a form and started writing something on it. She thought for a while and then retained our passports (previously passports were returned to us) and handed over the form.

Finally she said you have been very patient, but one more final step I will send an email with questionnaire, please respond. Meanwhile you start checking out Interview Waiver program details on the website for your son.

Before we ask she told I cannot tell you how much time this processing will take but usually it takes couple of weeks.

I did receive mail with generic questionnaire asking for CV, personal details, employer details and I have responded the same day.

What does this mean?? what are the chances of getting visa? After 18 months of Admin processing why is this admin process again with questionnaire.

Somebody Kindly respond.

Thank you.

So sorry to hear this brother... Its totally ridiculous to give another 221g... Anyways... please send them as much as info that you can when responding to the email.. Even though it didnt ask for specifics.. it generally says " you send any supplementary info...'.. So please be sure to send Client Letter,Offer letter,, pay stubs etc... Keep tracking and keep hoping...

- - - Updated - - -

no updates (interview - 15th of Feb)
Is anyone in the same situation as i'm when husband is in US and wife has to wait for visa...i feel so desperate, its simply inhuman to separate couples.

Since Feb 15th I am also waiting... Not sure how much more time and pain...

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

After 4+ months of Admin Processing, Consulate asked me to submit my Passport on 24/04/2013 and i did on 25/04/2013.

When i check the passport status: it is saying "Delivered to Post" from past 5 days and when i check the status on CEAC website it is still the admin processing but status date got changed to 29/04/2013.

Only Status Updated Date got changed but not Status and PP status: "Delivered to Post"

anyone had the same exp?

Let us know when you get your PPT... It will be ready for pick up in a day or two..

H1B_Reddy
04-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Hi Munna,

Thanks for the response.

i will let you know when i got my PP back but my worry is.. Status date changed yesterday but the status is still Admin Processing..

anyone had same exp before?

So sorry to hear this brother... Its totally ridiculous to give another 221g... Anyways... please send them as much as info that you can when responding to the email.. Even though it didnt ask for specifics.. it generally says " you send any supplementary info...'.. So please be sure to send Client Letter,Offer letter,, pay stubs etc... Keep tracking and keep hoping...

- - - Updated - - -

Since Feb 15th I am also waiting... Not sure how much more time and pain...

- - - Updated - - -

Let us know when you get your PPT... It will be ready for pick up in a day or two..

dmsreddy
05-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Hi Reddy,

My case also same like you.

Visa interview date - 27/12/2012 and issued 221g (with asking Detailed Project Description)
Submitted docs on 8/02/2013.
Received call on 1/04/2013 , to submit lease agreement between employer and building owner(US office). I sent mail on the same day with lease agreement.

Received below email on 23/04/2013

Dear Applicant,

This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your passport at the OFC or VFS office for further processing of your case.

If your application has been refused under section 221(g) of the INA and you are requested to submit additional documents or your passport please download the 221(g) courier submission letter and submit it with the required documents either at one of the 5 OFC or 6 VFS offices. To locate the 5 OFC and 6 VFS offices closest to you, please check http://www.immihelp.com/india/usa-visa-application-centers-india.html. There will be no fee charged for this service.

Submitted passport on 25/04/2013, Now my passport status is same as you "Delivered To Post".

let me know if you get any update.

H1B_Reddy
05-02-2013, 02:51 AM
Hi dmsreddy,

thanks for the response.

today our application status got changed to "Ready" and status message is:

what does it mean? is our case resolved and issued?

let me know if anyone had same exp

Aussie E3visa 221g
05-02-2013, 03:47 AM
Hi Guys,

Another 221g case – E3 Australia

This time it may be bit different as mine is E3 visa not H1 like most of you. I was reading thorough the long thread of different cases.

Congrats to all who already got the visa and good luck to the one who are still waiting for the decision to be made?

Coming to point, I am Indian born Australian been here for 9 years, I had my interview at Sydney consulate this week and after few questions VO issued me 221 g and asked me to wait for the AP to be finished which could take some time (they said it won’t take long). My question is, any one experienced the same – I mean E3 Visa 221g? no further documents were requested.

Forget to tell, I had 221 g issued previously, when I applied for H1 in 2008 after a long wait of almost 6 months I was so frustrated that I asked for my passport and never brothered to look back at the case. Final info regarding the case was
“Some one from consulate will contact you once decision is made”

Please share your thoughts. Estimated duration? Any contact numbers or any other useful information.

Thanks

dmsreddy
05-06-2013, 06:08 AM
Hi dmsreddy,

thanks for the response.

today our application status got changed to "Ready" and status message is:

what does it mean? is our case resolved and issued?

let me know if anyone had same exp

Hello,

any update ?

tahersub4t
05-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Hello Friends,

I received 221(g) White form with nothing written on it on May-03-2013 (Friday) at Hyderabad.

Interview Date: MAY-03-2013
Visa Class: H1B
I went to Visa Interview with my wife.

About Me:
1. Like many others, I am FTE from a reputed USA organization.
2. Been on H1 for the past 5 years.
3. Had H1-B visa stamped from India. This was my second H1-B stamping .

Interview lasted only seconds,

Visa Officer, frustrated with previous candidate (a family, they had some issues with finger printing)
Visa Officer was Indian American with a short beard (I mean really short).

Questions:
1. Purpose of Visit
2. What is your company name
3. Can I check your I-797
4. Can I check your DS-160 confirmation, and he started pulling papers (by then I knew I would be getting special treatment)
5. Whats your salary

And then he took our passports and gave us white form and said, you would receive an email just respond to that email.

I had 221(g) AP previously- I believe it was green color, back in 2009 and I got passport in a week, exactly 5 days. No documents were asked to submit.

But this time, I got 221(g) white color. I have few questions, please help me understand this, any help is highly appreciated.

1. Does it matter which color 221(g) you received, does it have any impact on processing timelines, like a specific color has less processing time?
2. I called in customer care, they were asking me if I had sent documents, which was shocking to me because I submitted my document like 4 days back, this shows their process is really slow. The lady on the phone said, normal processing time is 60 days. Does it really takes 60 days ?
3. I read few posts in this forum talking about status change, how frequently do they update status like daily, weekly, monthly or on event basis (when documents received/uploaded/processing cleared)?
4. Do they expedite process for H1B's as H1B cannot afford to be on vacation for a long time.
5. Does any one know what is current waiting time ?

I am glad I took my interview in India, Had I got 221(g) outside India, it would had been horrible.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

H1B_Reddy
05-09-2013, 05:58 AM
Hii,

i attended interview in DEC along with my wife and kid, VO issued me 221-G white with admin processing. it took almost 5 months to get it cleared.
got passports today with Visa stamp on it.

unfortunately, we can expedite the admin process.

Hello Friends,

I received 221(g) White form with nothing written on it on May-03-2013 (Friday) at Hyderabad.

About Me:

Visa Officer, frustrated with previous candidate (a family, they had some issues with finger printing)

Questions:
1. Purpose of Visit
4. Can I check your DS-160 confirmation, and he started pulling papers (by then I knew I would be getting special treatment)
5. Whats your salary

And then he took our passports and gave us white form and said, you would receive an email just respond to that email.

I had 221(g) AP previously- I believe it was green color, back in 2009 and I got passport in a week, exactly 5 days. No documents were asked to submit.

But this time, I got 221(g) white color. I have few questions, please help me understand this, any help is highly appreciated.

1. Does it matter which color 221(g) you received, does it have any impact on processing timelines, like a specific color has less processing time?
2. I called in customer care, they were asking me if I had sent documents, which was shocking to me because I submitted my document like 4 days back, this shows their process is really slow. The lady on the phone said, normal processing time is 60 days. Does it really takes 60 days ?
3. I read few posts in this forum talking about status change, how frequently do they update status like daily, weekly, monthly or on event basis (when documents received/uploaded/processing cleared)?
4. Do they expedite process for H1B's as H1B cannot afford to be on vacation for a long time.

I am glad I took my interview in India, Had I got 221(g) outside India, it would had been horrible.

Thanks

H1B_Reddy
05-09-2013, 06:04 AM
Hiii,

Big relief..... H1B visa issued today :) :)

here is my update.

Interview date: 17th Dec 2012

Issued Date: 9th May 2013

All the best who are all waiting for Visa.. everyone will get, don't lose hope anytime.

Hello,

any update ?

dmsreddy
05-09-2013, 06:06 AM
Hii,

i attended interview in DEC along with my wife and kid, VO issued me 221-G white with admin processing. it took almost 5 months to get it cleared.
got passports today with Visa stamp on it.

unfortunately, we can expedite the admin process.

Hi Reddy,

Congrats ...

my case also same as like you , i have submitted my passport on 25th April.

my case status got changed yesterday as below . (After long time my case status updated , since 27th Dec 2012 it was "Refused")

Case Creation Date: 21-Dec-2012
Status Updated Date: 08-May-2013

what it means , my case again in admin processing.

H1B_Reddy
05-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Thank you Reddy.

Normally, status will change like this it seems.... Admin Processing to Ready to Admin Processing to Issued.

you may get Visa in one or two days.

All the best.

share your email address.

Hi Reddy,

Congrats ...

my case also same as like you , i have submitted my passport on 25th April.

my case status got changed yesterday as below . (After long time my case status updated , since 27th Dec 2012 it was "Refused")

Case Creation Date: 21-Dec-2012
Status Updated Date: 08-May-2013

what it means , my case again in admin processing.

sagitarius80
05-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Hey to answer your questions

1.Does it matter which color 221(g) you received, does it have any impact on processing timelines, like a specific color has less processing time?

It doesnt matter whatever is the color. These days most are getting white at HYD
This is case dependant, as your experience you might get withing couple of weeks or it might take bit longer. But no specific time frame
They dont. I am waiting for last 19 months on Admin processing (not to scare you)
Might be a month in your case as you were alreday there for 5 years and working for a reputed company.

All the best. Updated once there is any change in status.

Hello Friends,

About Me:

Questions:
1. Purpose of Visit
5. Whats your salary

Thanks

tahersub4t
05-09-2013, 01:28 PM
19 Months, you scared me.

Wow, you are being very patient. Do you have your passport with you or with US consulate.

I really appreciate your time you have put in to respond to my queries.

Did you see cases similar to mine taking 1 month or its your wild guess. ( I wont blame you if I dont get it in a month), I am just asking.

Thanks,

Hey to answer your questions

1.Does it matter which color 221(g) you received, does it have any impact on processing timelines, like a specific color has less processing time?

It doesnt matter whatever is the color. These days most are getting white at HYD
This is case dependant, as your experience you might get withing couple of weeks or it might take bit longer. But no specific time frame
They dont. I am waiting for last 19 months on Admin processing (not to scare you)
Might be a month in your case as you were alreday there for 5 years and working for a reputed company.

All the best. Updated once there is any change in status.

imirza
05-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone.... just a useless update from my end.

No changes to the case status since the interview date. 5 months since the interview.

regards,
Mirza

chennai_221g
05-13-2013, 05:13 AM
I have finally got my visa on May 10th

My last name is SINGH.
What I can guess is that our last name since common can cross match with people who may have some law problem in US.
I don't understand why would they need our old passport. Maybe they are looking for any other foreign country travel.
Keep me updated if you hear anything.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki Fateh.

USER553
05-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi

I was put in 221 g in April end for H1B. Today my wife's passport status changed to "Ready for pickup". However when i check my passport status it says " No status update available for this Passport". I am really confused what does it means . As till Friday me & my wife's passport status were "Passprot is with Consulate". But today my wife's status changd & no update is available for me. I am wondering that my wife's is on H4 , so how her PP be ready without my passport.

An early reply will be highly appreciated.

DOCMD
05-13-2013, 04:45 PM
I have finally got my visa on May 10th

Congratulations!

sagitarius80
05-14-2013, 12:04 AM
I know its scary. After 18 months of waiting I was called for re-interview on 29th April 2013 and again VO gave me 221 g white paper again I am back in waiting status. Only difference is this time she retained our passports. To answer your question yes I have seen similar cases on this forum and generally the average wait time is one month. Again this is average, no one can predict time for any case.

Wish you all the best. Hope you will get visa within a month from your interview.

19 Months, you scared me.

Wow, you are being very patient. Do you have your passport with you or with US consulate.

I really appreciate your time you have put in to respond to my queries.

Did you see cases similar to mine taking 1 month or its your wild guess. ( I wont blame you if I dont get it in a month), I am just asking.

Thanks,

USER553
05-14-2013, 09:36 AM
I got my wife's H4 stamped today. However my status says " No status update available for the passport number submitted". Idont know how long will it take , Anyone have any idea ?????

Aussie E3visa 221g
05-15-2013, 01:57 AM
I know its scary. After 18 months of waiting I was called for re-interview on 29th April 2013 and again VO gave me 221 g white paper again I am back in waiting status. Only difference is this time she retained our passports. To answer your question yes I have seen similar cases on this forum and generally the average wait time is one month. Again this is average, no one can predict time for any case.

Wish you all the best. Hope you will get visa within a month from your interview.

Can some one please let me know, how to check the status of passport? I can check the application status via https://ceac.state.gov but not sure how to check passport status.

Thanks in advance!

My Update.
E3 visa interview - 1st May Sydney
Current Status - Administrative Processing

imirza
05-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Can some one please let me know, how to check the status of passport? I can check the application status via https://ceac.state.gov but not sure how to check passport status.

Thanks in advance!

My Update.
E3 visa interview - 1st May Sydney
Current Status - Administrative Processing

This is where I check the status but the link is for Indian non-immigrant visa applicants. You will have to find something similar for your country.
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-passporttrack.asp

-Mirza

tahersub4t
05-15-2013, 12:32 PM

Thanks for your wishes. I hope everyone gets visa soon. I know there are many like me who visited India for vacation and are struck. And I know its not a good feeling.

It is really scares to think processing time taking 6 months. We have our stuff in USA, we have pay rent, bills (electric, phone, internet, international calling). I know its not going to be easy.

june07hr@gmail.com
05-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Hello,
My mother(Visitor) and I(H1-B) went for interview at Hyderabad consulate on April 22 2013 at different counters. She got her visa and passport been delivered.
The VO handed over a white form to me and said i will be receiving email regarding the documents that needs to be sent and he took my passport. I got the email and they have asked for my Resume, employee offer letter, i replied back with the same.There was no update on my case for couple of days and after a week the status shows as Administrative processing , it still shows the same.

Case creation date : APril 22 2013
Case update date : May 1st 2013

Can some one please let me know if you have faced the similar issue in recent times.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks

tahersub4t
05-17-2013, 01:41 AM
My case was created on MAY-02-2013, "Status Updated Date" has been updated to today's date but with the same old message.

Is it normal ?

Hello Friends,

About Me:

Questions:
1. Purpose of Visit
5. Whats your salary

Thanks

Wife_H4_221g
05-17-2013, 05:34 AM
My case was created on MAY-02-2013, "Status Updated Date" has been updated to today's date but with the same old message.

Is it normal ?
I hope this is a positive sign not just a system auto-update. my wife's case was created on 24/4/13 and interview on 25/4/13. Today is the exactly 3 weeks since her interview. I am expecting to get an email from the consulate to submit passports very son

tahersub4t
05-17-2013, 03:24 PM
I hope this is a positive sign not just a system auto-update. my wife's case was created on 24/4/13 and interview on 25/4/13. Today is the exactly 3 weeks since her interview. I am expecting to get an email from the consulate to submit passports very son

The fact that the case created date is one day before the interview date might be because the servers (machines) on which our information is stored might be set to US time zone. Again this is my assumption, I could be wrong. It would have been helpful if there was any time display with the date.

Lets hope for the best.

iamhere
05-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Hi,

My fiance attended the visa interview in Hyderabad on 16th May 2013, for her H1-B renewal. She got a 221 g the previous instance (2 yrs ago) and got her visa approved in 3 weeks the previous time. She got a 221 g white form this time too. She works full-time in the Pharmaceutical sector and had been working in the US for 3 yrs now.

The white form had the top checkbox checked which talks about receiving an email with additional details. The other check boxes(asking for details from petitioner and her, L1 etc) are NOT checked. Her passport, I-797 and other documents are with the consulate itself. She got an email with some generic questionnaire and asking for a resume and professional/scientific referrals etc.

My question is, since only the top checkbox is checked, only the instructions in the e-mail are applicable to her, isn't it? Or does she have to worry about the other checkboxes as well? (which I am inferring she doesn't have to, but just seeking a confirmation).

Thanks a lot in advance. Really appreciate your help.
Venu

DOCMD
05-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi,

My fiance attended the visa interview in Hyderabad on 16th May 2013, for her H1-B renewal. She got a 221 g the previous instance (2 yrs ago) and got her visa approved in 3 weeks the previous time. She got a 221 g white form this time too. She works full-time in the Pharmaceutical sector and had been working in the US for 3 yrs now.

The white form had the top checkbox checked which talks about receiving an email with additional details. The other check boxes(asking for details from petitioner and her, L1 etc) are NOT checked. Her passport, I-797 and other documents are with the consulate itself. She got an email with some generic questionnaire and asking for a resume and professional/scientific referrals etc.

My question is, since only the top checkbox is checked, only the instructions in the e-mail are applicable to her, isn't it? Or does she have to worry about the other checkboxes as well? (which I am inferring she doesn't have to, but just seeking a confirmation).

Thanks a lot in advance. Really appreciate your help.
Venu

just the one's with the boxes checked.

- - - Updated - - -

My visa interview: 28th february 2013
Case put on hold for admin processing.
Previous passport request by embassy and submission on March 6th 2013, embassy recieves passport on March 7th.
Now today May 22nd 2013 the status date has changed to March 7th 2013. No changes previous to this date change on the CEAC website.
Please advise what could be going on?

sagitarius80
05-22-2013, 02:25 PM
My case details

Interview date: 17 Oct 2011--- 221 G given passports and all documents returned
Re-interview: 29 April 2013 221 G passports retained.

Status update date: 29 April 2013

Today the status update date changed to: 22 May 2013 but status is still administrative processing.

Does it mean anything??

DOCMD
05-22-2013, 02:57 PM
just the one's with the boxes checked.

- - - Updated - - -

My visa interview: 28th february 2013
Case put on hold for admin processing.
Previous passport request by embassy and submission on March 6th 2013, embassy recieves passport on March 7th.
Now today May 22nd 2013 the status date has changed to March 7th 2013. No changes previous to this date change on the CEAC website.
Please advise what could be going on?

When I check the status with my wife's ds conformation number it reorts date chenged to may 22nd but still under admin processing.
Please advise

- - - Updated - - -

My case details

Today the status update date changed to: 22 May 2013 but status is still administrative processing.

Does it mean anything??

Hopefully it changes to issued in 1-2 days, what I have seen before with other people in this forum. Keep on checking.

tahersub4t
05-23-2013, 10:10 AM

Any updates on your case?

There are no updates on my case, I called them twice, emailed once, same status Administrative Processing.

munna221g
05-23-2013, 02:49 PM
The fact that the case created date is one day before the interview date might be because the servers (machines) on which our information is stored might be set to US time zone. Again this is my assumption, I could be wrong. It would have been helpful if there was any time display with the date.

Lets hope for the best.

Taher

Teh case creation date is OFC appointment date.... If the case update changes then something is going on in the backend on ur application. In my case the status was updated twice but still waiting since Feb 14th 2013... 3 months complete and this is 4th month.. Inshallah we will get it soon..

Munna

DOCMD
05-23-2013, 04:12 PM
My case details

Does it mean anything??

Any new developments?
My wifes's(H4) case status date changed to 23rd may and mineH1) is still march 7th, wierd!

swetaD
05-23-2013, 05:25 PM
mine is always Feb 15th

DOCMD
05-23-2013, 06:11 PM
mine is always Feb 15th

Good Luck
I know it is frustrating. Hope everyone of us get through this sooner.

Wife_H4_221g
05-24-2013, 01:56 AM
Any updates on your case?

There are no updates on my case, I called them twice, emailed once, same status Administrative Processing.
Same here. No updates. Called Once, sent emails twice. Still Administrative processing :(
Case updated date is still May 17th.

imirza
05-24-2013, 09:07 AM
No updates since Dec 11, 2012 (interview date)

No changes to the case status since the interview date.

regards,
Mirza

tahersub4t
05-24-2013, 09:39 AM

regards,
Mirza

Mirza,

Asmk wr wb, my case is similar to yours, went for stamping with wife, have an approved I-140, currently FTE, been on F1, now working on H1 since last 5 years in USA.

Your case created data will be same as your interview data, did it ever changed, I am not talking about the message, but the Last Update Date? Mine changed once.

Thanks,

- - - Updated - - -

regards,
Mirza

Just wondering, How are you managing stuff in USA ? Your rent and other bills, just for my knowledge. Any ideas you like to share with us...

Thanks,

imirza
05-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Walekum Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barkaatahu... No change in date since interview date.

I am paying my bills online. All my bills are paperless. I am now considering breaking my apartment lease and moving my stuff to a storage facility. I will ask a friend to do this for me by hiring some help. The car can be parked at a friends place. I will change my mailing address to another friends address. At least that's the plan and I hope it works out.

I know we all should keep faith but I am kind of losing hope as it will be 6 months of waiting on Jun 11.

I wish you luck.
-Mirza

tahersub4t
05-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Walekum Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barkaatahu... No change in date since interview date.

I am paying my bills online. All my bills are paperless. I am now considering breaking my apartment lease and moving my stuff to a storage facility. I will ask a friend to do this for me by hiring some help. The car can be parked at a friends place. I will change my mailing address to another friends address. At least that's the plan and I hope it works out.

I know we all should keep faith but I am kind of losing hope as it will be 6 months of waiting on Jun 11.

I wish you luck.
-Mirza

I am curious as to why your case date has not been updated, did you confirm with consulate if they are missing any information, they might be waiting for document from you and that's the reason they are not updating your case. I know you know more than me as you are waiting for more than 5 months now and must have read everything about it, just thought will be helpful in case you missed it.

You can email support@ustraveldocs.com and check if they are expecting any information from you and that case has been ending for almost 6 months now.

When ever I call US - Consulate @ 022-6720-9400 (press option # 1 2 2 3 5 one at a time to speak to a person), they said, please call after 60 days, now that you have already passed 60, it might be worth checking with them if there is anything pending from your side.

Thanks,

imirza
05-26-2013, 04:01 PM
I am curious as to why your case date has not been updated, did you confirm with consulate if they are missing any information, they might be waiting for document from you and that's the reason they are not updating your case. I know you know more than me as you are waiting for more than 5 months now and must have read everything about it, just thought will be helpful in case you missed it.

You can email support@ustraveldocs.com and check if they are expecting any information from you and that case has been ending for almost 6 months now.

When ever I call US - Consulate @ 022-6720-9400 (press option # 1 2 2 3 5 one at a time to speak to a person), they said, please call after 60 days, now that you have already passed 60, it might be worth checking with them if there is anything pending from your side.

Thanks,

Thank you for the info. There is nothing pending from my side as I have contacted the US consulate and DoS several times. Almost once every 15 days. I haven't tried the number you provided so will give that a shot on Tuesday.

Thanks again.

jade2002
05-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Hello everyone,

I attended my US visa interview on 21st May, 2013 here in New Delhi. I received a 221 g white slip towards the end. I was told there appeared some issue with SEVIS when my petition was filed. I couldn't get further info from VO as he informed that I would receive more details over email from the embassy. He did mention I should receive my passport within 1-2 weeks. I haven't received any info so far. Earlier I was on OPT before my status changed to H1B NIV. I had returned to India on a family trip and thus had to go through the revalidation process. To give you a quick background, I don't work for IT industry and graduated from business school in the US.

Any suggestions, on what I can do to expedite the process, whom to get in touch to learn exact nature of the problem. Has anyone faced similar situation in the past (SEVIS issue) and how much time it took them. I know the VO said 1-2 weeks but seeing some of the posts it's clear it takes longer. Would really apprecaite your inputs.

Many thanks

221gproblem
05-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi All,
My H1 visa stamping is stuck
with 221g white and with questionnaire given in hyderabad consulate during 2013.
If you are stuck, please add your case here.
If you are cleared, please add your timelines and experiences here. It will be really appreciated
by other folks as it overcomes the anxiety and gives some hope.
My case is follows:
H1 extension. Big company. Full Time.
OFC Hyderabad : 21 May 2013
Interview Hyderabad : 22 May 2013
simple questions asked and 221g white is handed. Only thing ticked is, it said something like 'you will get email'.
got an email same day with basic questionnaire plus CV and invitation letter asked.
Replied on same day!
Waiting since then. Current status says 'administrative processing'.
Trying to see if anyone passed 4 weeks and will it clear in 4 weeks? Is there anyone with similar
situation since March or April and got cleared and or not yet cleared?
Please help with the info!!! Really appreciate.

I did some more research. Following are some of the cases pending administrative processing
in hyderabad since last one month. Let me know if any of these belong to any person looking at this email thread
of following it. Please add your case number if you are in similar situation.

2013140 991 0001
2013120 365 0001
2013106 654 0001
2013114 405 0001
2013114 475 0001
2013114 407 0001
2013108 207 0001
2013108 233 0001
2013140 943 0001
2013140 945 0001
2013140 944 0001
2013140 947 0001

june07hr@gmail.com
05-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Hi there
I had H1b visa stamping on april 22nd interview went well and the VFO told we will approve your visa and asked to check my email and handed over 221g slip and took my passport and I-797. I got email asking to fill a questionnaire, Resume and client letter which i sent on the same.

Case created date : April 22nd 2013
Case updated date : May 17th 2013.

Till now the status shows as administrative processing. Hoping everyone who are stuck with 221g should clear soon and get visa.

Thanks

Hi All,
with 221g white and with questionnaire given in hyderabad consulate during 2013.
If you are cleared, please add your timelines and experiences here. It will be really appreciated
My case is follows:
simple questions asked and 221g white is handed. Only thing ticked is, it said something like 'you will get email'.
got an email same day with basic questionnaire plus CV and invitation letter asked.
Replied on same day!
Trying to see if anyone passed 4 weeks and will it clear in 4 weeks? Is there anyone with similar

I did some more research. Following are some of the cases pending administrative processing
in hyderabad since last one month. Let me know if any of these belong to any person looking at this email thread

2013140 991 0001
2013120 365 0001
2013106 654 0001
2013114 405 0001
2013114 475 0001
2013114 407 0001
2013108 207 0001
2013108 233 0001
2013140 943 0001
2013140 945 0001
2013140 944 0001
2013140 947 0001

221gproblem
05-28-2013, 12:51 AM
Since you have completed 4 weeks I hope you will get bisa issued this week any time. Please update here when it happens. Prayi g for your success.

Wife_H4_221g
05-28-2013, 02:26 AM
Hi there
I had H1b visa stamping on april 22nd interview went well and the VFO told we will approve your visa and asked to check my email and handed over 221g slip and took my passport and I-797. I got email asking to fill a questionnaire, Resume and client letter which i sent on the same.

Case created date : April 22nd 2013
Case updated date : May 17th 2013.

Till now the status shows as administrative processing. Hoping everyone who are stuck with 221g should clear soon and get visa.

Thanks
my wife had her h4 interview on april 25, was handed over 221g white and was sent a questionnaire via email which was replied the very next day. Her pp and my I797 were taken, she had to withdraw her pp for urgent travel needs.
Currently the case updated date is May 17.2013 with same message. For many who had interview in last week of april, updated date is same - may 17. Please let us all know if there is any update

rby1990
05-28-2013, 03:00 AM
Hi,

My Case creation date: 16th April, 2013
Interview date: 18th April, 2013

There has been no change in the status update date ever since I attended my interview. Even I have been keeping a track of other cases around the time of April and May and noticed that a few people who were under admin processing received status updates.

I applied for an F1 Visa and was supposed to travel by 25th May. Luckily I got an extension from my college by a few weeks and hopefully I'll get my passport stamped by then...Waiting with bated breath.

Hi All,
My case is follows:
Replied on same day!

2013140 991 0001
2013120 365 0001
2013106 654 0001
2013114 405 0001
2013114 475 0001
2013114 407 0001
2013108 207 0001
2013108 233 0001
2013140 943 0001
2013140 945 0001
2013140 944 0001
2013140 947 0001

221gproblem
05-28-2013, 05:47 AM
Hi Rby1990
I hope and pray for you to get your visa soon.
thanks for updating your case number.
what did they ask you in interview and was there any follow up submission of documents or questionnaire??
Is your case exactly similar to my case? I think the people who attended interview in MID- April and waiting
should be lucky this week. usually the time between 4 to 6 weeks clears most of the cases so this week
is the 6th week for mid april folks.

thanks

rby1990
05-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Hi again,

Thanks and I hope your visa gets issued soon as well. My interview went well...At the end of the interview I was told Everythin looks fine..Congrats!! the VO kept my passport, DS160, SEVIS receipt and other docs and just returned my i20...I thought its approved...later I saw the white form and realised that my case is under 221g....I was sent an email the same day, it was ticked in the form...and I replied to the mail the within hours.

Even I am expecting some kind of response from them this week. I did call up the consulate ppl but they've only one standard response...they said they cannot escalate the issue until 60 days are completed...So they asked me to wait for 60 days. I just hope its issued this week or atleast by this fortnight...

Hi
I hope and pray for you to get your visa soon.
thanks for updating your case number.
what did they ask you in interview and was there any follow up submission of documents or questionnaire??
Is your case exactly similar to my case? I think the people who attended interview in MID- April and waiting
should be lucky this week. usually the time between 4 to 6 weeks clears most of the cases so this week
is the 6th week for mid april folks.

thanks

Abdul_123
05-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Hi,

I have attended Interview on March 21st received 221G and also recevied the mail to submit the resume and Invitation letter.Replied on 22nd.After that there is no status change.I am from a good MNC.Passport are with Consulate.