ds-260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ds-260

What iz ds-260 form n how much time is taken by nvc to issue the interview letter after its submission

There are three submittals to the NVC that must be completed before the NVC sends the interview appointment package. Before these three items can be submitted to the NVC, you must pay the $88 sponsorship fee and $230 visa fee online to the NVC:

1. The DS-260 is an online visa application form which is completed, digitally signed, and submitted online. This form is not available to complete online until after the $230 visa fee has been paid.

2. The Sponsorship package is submitted after the $88 sponsorship processing fee has been paid. The Sponsorship package is mailed to the NVC (excepting for several applicant countries for which scans are sent to the NVC). The sponsorship package will require the barcoded cover page, I-864 form, copy of most recent federal income tax return, W2 and/or 1099 copies, and employment verification.

3. The civil documents package is submitted after the $230 visa fee is paid. Contents will include the barcoded cover page, two passport-style photos, original police clearances, certified birth, marriage and divorce/annulment/death certificates (of spouse), copy of ID page of passport.

After all the above have been received and revised by the NVC, an interview appointment package is sent when AN INTERVIEW DATE IS AVAILABLE FOR THE PRIORITY DATE OF THE APPLICANT.

--Ray B

Originally posted by rearoy View Post
    What iz ds-260 form n how much time is taken by nvc to issue the interview letter after its submission

Comment

ds-260

Thanks alot for reply ray-b. But em still not cleared about some stringz attached to dis case. Firstly..! Nvc hz replied my mail. And has asked for
      - affidavit of support
      -ds-260

Comment

Rearoy,

Please work on your spelling and sentence structure.

The Affidavit of Support, consisting of form I-864 with tax and employment documents, must be sent to the National Visa Center after you pay the $88 AOS fee online.

The DS-260 is the online visa application which becomes available to fill out after you have paid the $230 visa fee.

--Ray B

Thanks alot for reply ray-b. But em still not cleared about some stringz attached to dis case. Firstly..! Nvc hz replied my mail. And has asked for
        - affidavit of support
        -ds-260

Comment

ds-260

Reayb..!
          I really reciprocate your all advice. Actually..! I have been used to write slang language but i will continue ammeliorating my writing style.

Secondly..! My husband has already submitted all the fee plus this i-864 form i.e, affidavit of support. Then why NVC has claimed this document again?? What could be the reason?
          1. Is it weak (0R)
          2. They might hav not recieved it (0R)
          3. Required income is not generated ?

Thirdly..! I guess case number is generated after the acceptence of ds-260 plus i-864 forms ??

Comment

Rearoy,

If you husband has already paid the $88 sponsorship processing fee, he and you should already have the State Department case number, in the format "***1234567890" The first three characters should represent your Embassy city.

What exactly does the NVC correspondence ask from you?

--Ray B

Reayb..!
            I really reciprocate your all advice. Actually..! I have been used to write slang language but i will continue ammeliorating my writing style.

Secondly..! My husband has already submitted all the fee plus this i-864 form i.e, affidavit of support. Then why NVC has claimed this document again?? What could be the reason?
            1. Is it weak (0R)
            2. They might hav not recieved it (0R)
            3. Required income is not generated ?

Thirdly..! I guess case number is generated after the acceptence of ds-260 plus i-864 forms ??

Comment

ds-260

They have asked for two things i.e,

1. Affidavit of support
              2. Ds-260 form

Whereas my husband already has submitted the affidavit of support

Comment

You or your husband need to go to the NVC website, using your case number and invoice ID number, and do the following:
                1. Complete agent form
                2. Pay $230 visa fee.

After the $230 visa fee is paid, that website location will allow you to complete online form DS-260.

You will also have to submit civil documents to the NVC, including two passport-style photos, copy of your passport ID page, certified birth and marriage certs, police clearances.

--Ray B

They have asked for two things i.e,

1. Affidavit of support
                2. Ds-260 form

Whereas my husband already has submitted the affidavit of support

Comment

ds-260

Ok thanks. I got another question.

Hi..!

My friend has got one child (born in pakistan). Her husband has applied for her case i-130 i.e spouse visa. Her case is almost at the completion phase but shes having certain conflicts. Her husband iz irritating her as if hes not interested in calling her? So can he intervene in this case to stop it?

Secondly..! What if God forbid their relation gets turmoiled, who will get the child?

Thirdly..! Child haz got the nationality i,e, usa citizen born overseas.

Comment

Visa Fee

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                    You or your husband need to go to the NVC website, using your case number and invoice ID number, and do the following:
                    1. Complete agent form
                    2. Pay $230 visa fee.

After the $230 visa fee is paid, that website location will allow you to complete online form DS-260.

You will also have to submit civil documents to the NVC, including two passport-style photos, copy of your passport ID page, certified birth and marriage certs, police clearances.

--Ray B
                    Hello Ray B,

I have completed the agent form and want to pay the the visa fee, but when I go to the consular electronic application center and try to pay the IV application fee, I am unable to (I have already paid the AOS fee). The fee amount reads $0.00 and I am unable to select the IV application fee.

I believe the next step is to submit my AOS (will do in a couple days), will this then allow me to pay the IV application fee? I have read elsewhere that the 2 processes are independent of each other.

Any ideas? Any input is appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Simon

Comment

Completion of the Agent Form (DS-261) triggers allowing you to pay the $230 visa fee, but it takes about a week, or more, for the NVC to make the fee payment possible.

--Ray B

Originally posted by parksn306 View Post
                      Hello Ray B,

I have completed the agent form and want to pay the the visa fee, but when I go to the consular electronic application center and try to pay the IV application fee, I am unable to (I have already paid the AOS fee). The fee amount reads $0.00 and I am unable to select the IV application fee.

I believe the next step is to submit my AOS (will do in a couple days), will this then allow me to pay the IV application fee? I have read elsewhere that the 2 processes are independent of each other.

Any ideas? Any input is appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Simon

Comment

Completion of the Agent Form (DS-261) triggers allowing you to pay the $230 visa fee, but it takes about a week, or more, for the NVC to make the fee payment possible.

--Ray B
                        Wow, thanks for the quick reply. It's been 2 weeks since we submitted the agent form, but we'll just hang on a little bit longer.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Simon

Comment

The delay in being allowed to pay the visa fee has been unusually long the last couple of months. I have about 4 of these for which I have been waiting over two weeks so far. Historically, the delay was about 4 days.

I have been seeing similar complaints from a few other folks on these forums the last few weeks.

--Ray B

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. It's been 2 weeks since we submitted the agent form, but we'll just hang on a little bit longer.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Simon

Comment

The delay in being allowed to pay the visa fee has been unusually long the last couple of months. I have about 4 of these for which I have been waiting over two weeks so far. Historically, the delay was about 4 days.

I have been seeing similar complaints from a few other folks on these forums the last few weeks.

--Ray B
                            Hey Ray, you still there? Any updates on the fee? I still can't pay mine. Also I think my fee is closer to $400.

Any info would be great.

Simon

Comment

The visa fee is $230, and the NVC still seems to be slow in allowing the fee to be paid.

--Ray B

Hey Ray, you still there? Any updates on the fee? I still can't pay mine. Also I think my fee is closer to $400.

The earlier of the two fees is $88.

Any info would be great.

Simon

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X