X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I do on B1/B2 Visa?

I got a B1/B2 Multiple entry visa for 5 years for the US
    I am basically gong for a conference.
    What can I do on this visa? I know I cant get a job or start a business? But Can I start some business which doesn't gives profit to me. like a non-profiot organization?? or anything like that?

How would I be able transfer to some immigrant status after starting non profit type business?

Your I-94 will be stamped B1 by the officer at entry, since you are going for
    a conference(business).
    Read this link that tells you all the permissible activities on B1.

Yes, you can start a PROFITABLE business, oversee it from abroad and during
    brief visits to US, but you cannot be gainfully employed by your business in US while on B1. After all, there are thousands of profitable businesses in US
    that are owned and run by foreigners.

You can qualify for an immigrant visa on the basis of starting a business
    in US under employment category 1 (EB-1).But you must satisfy a lot of criteria.
    You must have a business in home country and you have opened a branch in US. US branch has performed profitable business for one year at least.
    And some other criteria.
    This category is a fast category of immigrant visa, so if you qualify,
    you must go for it.

Originally posted by searcher
    I got a B1/B2 Multiple entry visa for 5 years for the US
    I am basically gong for a conference.
    What can I do on this visa? I know I cant get a job or start a business? But Can I start some business which doesn't gives profit to me. like a non-profiot organization?? or anything like that?

How would I be able transfer to some immigrant status after starting non profit type business?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X