no original school certificate, only copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no original school certificate, only copy

I have been moving around many countries and somewhere lost the original School leaving certificate. I have no birth certificate either. We are getting an affidavit

Is affidavit and letter from local municipal for non-availability of birth certificate with only a copy of school certificate sufficient?.

I have tried to get my origicanl school ceritifacte. But the way things work in India, I don't think I can get it.

Advice please.

You either need
    Original birth certificate
    OR original non-availability certificate and birth affidavits.

So you don't need school leaving certificate. So don't worry.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

what is the difference between a notarized BC and an affidavit?.

Apparently SuprememCourt in India banned judges at all courts from birth ceritifcate related documents.

My people back in India who are trying to get me an affidavit told me that they can get a notarized BC on 5Rs bond paper.

Please advice.

Comment

You don't need any notarized BC. All you need is what I described in my earlier post.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

can you explain what an affidavit is and how people get it in India.

As I said when my people tried a judge to sign (an affidavit?) they were told of a ban and why judge can't sign.

Can you tell me the process for getting an affidavit and what it is actually?

thanks in advance

Comment

Ask any lawyer (in India), they know what an affidavit is and how to prepare one for the birth record. No judge is required to sign it. You will find standard format of such an affidavit on this website somewhere. Have at least two affidavits prepared.

The non-availability certificate is issued by local authority which maintains birth record, mostly municipality or a ward office.

To make the long story short, just prepare what Immihelp has mentioned in his response.

Kaarigar

Comment

When you are in the proximity of the civil court's premises in India, normally the lawyers will come running to you asking you what you need to get done. You just tell them you need birth certificate affidavit and they will take care of it.
              Immihelp Support

Comment

same story here!

immihelp:

I have same problem as vivek.As you mentioned and also mumbai
                Consulate says such affidavits should be from first class magistrate.
                Now our parents enquired and were told that first class magistatre can't
                sign such affidavit.

We got it from registrar of birth and death , who is executive magistrate
                SO what do we do next ?

Thanks
                sudhanshu

Comment

BC affidevt NOT by FIRST Class Megistrate CHECK

THIS THE INFORMATION FROM MUMBAI CONSULATE, THEY have NOT Demanded that Birth CERIFICATE Affidevt should be Signed by FIRST CLASS MAGISTRATE:
                  --------------------------------------------------------

My birth/marriage was never registered. What do I do now?

In cases where birth or marriage certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information, a sworn statement executed by either the parents of the applicant, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, all of whom must have personal knowledge of the birth or marriage, may be submitted. The affidavit should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, how the deponent comes to know about the facts to which he or she is swearing, date and place of applicant's birth or marriage, and any other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth or marriage certificate is unavailable, must be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the birth or marriage certificate does not exist or no longer exists.
                  ----------------------
                  Affidevt can be signed by EXE Magistrate.

Comment

original school certificate, no BC

So can you just produce the school leaving certificate as an substitue for the Birth certificate, Or Is it necessary to get an Affidavit relating this....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X