View Full Version : Chennai CP Phys@ Lister Medicals? -- Is this new
10-02-2000, 10:36 AM
I have seen few posting that claim that Immigration medicals can be done at Lister Medical at Chennai. Also that there is no need for interviews and its a walk in.
However I don't see this on the Chennai Consulate Web page. Can someone clarify. Is this a new addition. Who is the doctor performing physicals, also I heard you can get results on the same day.
Someone please clarify.
Lister Medicals, 1 Jagannatham Rd, Nungambakkam, Chennai. Phone: 44-827-8971
10-02-2000, 01:57 PM
Lister Medicals just does the Blood test and xrays. You have to take these to one of the doctors on the panel (ie) Surima center for a physical check/immunization.
For Lister there is no appointment. for Surima Center there is Appointment as usual. There are a couple of other doctors on the panel now in addition to Surima ( Dr. Rao )with whom you can do ur physical.
Hope this clears your doubts.
10-02-2000, 02:31 PM
Please tell me if I am wrong:
1. Call Surima and schedule interview (Rao or any other consulate certified physician) for second day of my arrival at chennai for physical.
2. On day of arrival at Chennai just walk into Lister and say I need to do medical for Immigration ( They will Know what to do---- correct).
3. Day one in the evening pick up blood work and X-rays from Lister.
4. Day two got for physical as per appointment.
5. Will be able to pick up the reports that evening.
In effect if I get there 2 days before interview it would be sufficient.
You feedback much appreciated.
10-03-2000, 07:16 AM
You are right-you need only 2 days for medicals-Surima gives reports the same evening as your medical exam as does Lister Laboratory.