PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Indian Passport Parent Name Correction

immihelp
09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Hello Immihelp

First of all a great website and I am very thankful for all the info.

I tried calling Indian Consulate many time but to no effect, but the comprehensive documentation at your website really helped me.

I would like to ask you a question regarding Indian Passport. I know you are a non-lawyer help website only, but I am unable to find the answer of this question form anywhere and I am in real need of it. So if you can help me, it will be great.

Question: I got my passport in India in 2001. In 2003 I came to USA on Student Visa. In 2003 my father also applied for his passport. But he put a different spelling (in English) of his name on his passport. I did not realize it till my last visit to India. Then I saw there is a difference in the spelling of my Fatherís name in my passport and his passport. I want to correct the same spelling mistake in my passport. Could you please let me know the procedure for the following? I am planning to invite them to visit USA soon but reluctant to start the process because of the same.

Thanks,

Regards,

immihelp
09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
You don't really to get it corrected.

If you still want, read http://www.immihelp.com/nri/indianpassport/ (http://www.immihelp.com/nri/indianpassport/)

cg841230
03-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi,
I too have the same issue.
My DADs name in his passport is "...KAR.." but in my passport it is "...KHAR..."

Please suggest me what needs to be done. Am in USA and i would like to bring my DAD over here. Would this be a problem for Visa?

umajagan
03-11-2011, 10:51 AM
What should we do for this correction??..

thanks in advance...

simran_agrawal
06-11-2011, 05:22 AM
Hi,

My Fathers name is misspelled on my passport , the first letter of my fathers name is missing , hence the Pronunication is different.
It is spelled as "Arachand " instead of "Tarachand" ,This is a clerical error .
I am married , so my spouse's name is important for this time I believe.

I want to apply for U.S Visa , but I think this spelling mistake is going to be a problem . Please let me know what needs to be done

How can I get it corrected , will it take too much of time ?

immihelp
06-11-2011, 11:26 PM
get same person affidavit

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/sample-one-same-person-affidavit.html

asatish
06-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi folks,

I am newly applying for a TATKAL passport. I just want a clarification regarding a slight change in the name of my father. My father's name as per SSLC marks card is Raghu but his name was changed to Raghavan after few years of my school completion. I also have affidavit for the name change. Can somebody let me know what I am supposed to do in this situation as the name of my father is differently spelled in two important documents. As per my SSLC marks card the name is spelled as RAGHU and in the PAN card it is spelled as RAGHAVAN. Please help............... It is very urgent.

Gnaresh19
09-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Hi all,

I would like to apply the visitor visa for my parents, but my parents last name in my passport is misspelled, could you please let me know if this needs to be corrected in my passport before I let my parents attend visa interview in hyderabad?

My parents Last name in my passport: Goty
My parents Last Name in their passport: Gooty

Thanks!!!

Siva26
12-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Dear all
Please help me out in this problem.

I'm applying for US visa for parents, my father name got misspelled in the passport,
In all his original documens and in my passport, his name is "iyem" but in passport it's "iyam".
I don't have time to change name in passport because I have reserved the air tickets.
They will come here for a short trip of 45 days
Planning to schedule a visa appointment next week, will it be a big problem?
What can be done at this situation??
Kindly share your expertise and help me.
Thank you very much in advance.