View Full Version : Applying CP(with different I-140) while spouse's AOS ongoing
12-17-2001, 05:39 PM
I have my I-485 (AOS) being processed (since July 2001) through my employer with my wife as the secondary applicant.
Frustrated with the AOS delays and lack of tracking ability we are considering going the CP route using the I-140 that my wife has thru her employer. We are hopeful that CP, even at this stage might still be faster than AOS that has gone nowhere during the last 6 months since we filed.
Are there any issues that (Delhi)Consulate might bring up or are there any additional procedures required for such a case?
Any information is appreciated
12-17-2001, 06:09 PM
Since U have 2 different petitions.It should not be problem.
GO for it.
12-17-2001, 11:28 PM
I am doing exactly the same. I have just sent in pkt3 and am waiting for an interview date.
12-18-2001, 02:24 PM
nohope1 - looks like we're in the same boat. Which US Consulate you would be dealing with? And howz your AOS coming up, RD, ND etc...received FP notice yet...which service center?
12-19-2001, 02:01 AM
Just got a fax from the consulate. They said to expect a Feb interview date.
My AOS is with TSC SRC 01-118-xxxxx. Nothing happening for 9 months so decided to do CP with wifes 140.
I got my PCC from the Indian Consulate in 1 day probably because I have a foreign passport.
Will be doing CP in Australia.
04-26-2002, 08:04 PM
Please explain. Can one individual do that too (that no spouce involved). I got I 140 approved employer sponsored, but job is ending in June I-485 has not be filed yet.
I have applied another petition (self petition). Can I do the same. file a I-485 now AOS and a cp later for the self petition one if and when I get the approval to avoid such ungrateful employers.
Please advice this is real situation. Have spent so much money on lawyers and nothing in hand yet.
05-08-2002, 06:09 PM
My wife and myself have one I-140 approval each. We are completing the paper work to file the 485 ( my wife's Approval)and meanwhile I am waiting for the P3 to be posted to me for the CP by NVC.
Is there any problem which guys who are already doing this facing with this approach and can I consult an experienced lawyer since my Lawyer seems to be reluctant to do both at the same time. Since I have atleat 2months before NVC is going to post my P3 , I wanted to gather as much info on this kind of a case.
Any input on this will be appriciated.