PDA

View Full Version : Minor passport in India when Parent is in abroad.

vgen1
05-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Hi,

I need to apply passport for my son ( 2months) in India, my family is in India and I am in US. Looks like we need to send a letter to Indian embassy in US and get it attested and then send to India to submit along with passport application?

Can anyone share the letter format that we need to send to embassy and also how long it takes. And also the website says we need to send the orginal passport, is that right?

I am calling several times to Indian consulate but as usual no response.

Help is greatly appreciated.

TonSi
05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't understand why do you need letter to embassy in US when you are pallying for Indian passport in India. Just ask your family to contact some trave agency to get the passport.

waitin_toolong
05-19-2008, 09:45 PM
beause to apply for a minor, both parents have to be present to apply, or if one parent is absent then a consent is needed which in case of one parent being abroad/absent

c) Original passports of parents should be presented for verification of particulars.

(d) If one parent is resident abroad, a Sworn affidavit by the parent resident abroad attested by the Indian Mission along with affidavit from parent residing in India as well be submitted.

N.B.: Ordinarily the consent of both parents is required for issue of a passport to a minor (below 18 years of age). However if it is absolutely not possible due to any reason, the parent applying for a passport for his/her minor child may submit an affidavit (Annexure G) and based on the same passport application will be processed. In case where the parent(s) is/are resident outside India, such consent from the parent(s), in the form of a sworn affidavit, duly attested by the Indian Mission abroad, is acceptable. In the cases where the minor children who are less than 18 years of age, the details of valid passports held by BOTH OR EITHER parents should be furnished. In such cases, passport to their minor child will be issued without any police verification basis. Further, in the cases where the parents do not hold valid passports, applications for such minors can be made on the basis of three documents of parents details of which are given in para C(B) of Section IV of the Passport Information Booklet along with Standard Affidavit Annexure I. In all such cases, passport to their minor child will be issued on post-police verification basis. Children of all ages including new born must apply for separate passports. However, those below 15 years will be given 5 years validity passport or passport till 18 years of age. In case the minor child who is between 15 and 18 years of age wishes to obtain a full validity passport for 10 years, the same can be issued only on post-police verification basis on submission of Standard Affidavit as in Annexure “I” and three of the 14 document of parents details as mentioned in para C (B) of Section IV of Passport Information Booklet and on payment of fee equivalent to the normal passport fee i.e. Rs. 1000/- for a 36 pages passport, as applicable for an adult. In the case of single parents or of parents who are separated but not formally divorced, an affidavit at ‘Annexure C is to be submitted.

For Adopted Children:

In case of Adopted Children the following documents are to be furnished:

i) Valid adoption deed registered as per Indian laws

ii) In the case of Christians, Muslims and Parsis, a court order granting guardianship and allowing the child to be taken out of the Country.

iii) Copy of the guarantee executed before the Court concerned.

Attestation of Power of Attorney/ Sworn Affidavit/Sponsorship Declaration:

Power of Attorney
a) The name and father's name of the executant should be exactly as in the Passport with expanded initials. The POA should invariably state that "……I (name of applicant), ……….son of (Name of Father) …………resident of ……… (address in India …… and address abroad) and holder of Indian/US Passport No. …….issued on ……. at …………… hereby …………….."
b A photograph of the executant(s) to be affixed on the POA and notarized by the Notary Public.
c) An additional photocopy of all documents submitted for attestation be attached (stapled) to the application for office record. The original documents required to be attested and returned to the applicant should not be stapled to the application.

Completed "Misc. Services" application form and passport size photo affixed in the box.
Applicant's valid passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (i.e. first and last pages only).
A copy of valid visa/Green Card and proof of address.
Original and a photocopy of the document to be attached.
The Executant(s) of the Affidavit/Power of Attorney can either sign the document before the Consular Officer or get the document notarized. The full name, particulars, photograph and signature of the applicant should correspond with the Passport.
Fee: $ 20/- per signature for money/property matters; $ 10/- per signature for non-property matters.
Additional amount of $ 20/- to be added to the fee for return mail by express/Fedex/DHL

vgen1
05-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys.

Sent the letter and passport to Indian embassy, just waiting for them to respond.

replysachinc
02-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi , I am facing the same scenario. My kid is >1 month old, and I had to fly to US. Is it important to be physically present in Indian Embassy (Chicago in my case) for furnishing the affidavit?
If no, what needs to be sent to the embassy for the same via mail/FedEx?
Any idea how much time do they take for the processing??

Would really appreciate the response.

ub_kumar
04-23-2009, 11:59 PM
I have to get sworn affidavit form embassy for applying passport for my kid in India ; and when reading the steps in web page of embassy in DC, they have not mentioned any thing about

1. Notarized birth certificate of the child? is it needed

2. Spouse name in passport ? we don't have it added in both my passport and my wife's passport .

will that cause any issue in getting sworn affidavit.

3. do i have to give marriage certificate if my spouse name is not there in passport

4. And the confusing part is how to get the photo notarized . is it done by attaching any standard document

Please help

immihelp
06-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Read complete procedure at http://www.immihelp.com/nri/indianpassport/affidavit-issue-child-passport-india-other-country.html

maniswami
07-14-2009, 03:41 PM
My family is in India and they will be back to USA end of Aug'2009. My 2 kid's passport expires on Dec-12'2009. I like to know it is OK to travel to USA with only 3 months validity passport at the time of arrival. Getting passport renewed in India is a hassle since they need more docs as I am here in USA. My family is having Green Card. I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

vipulkgosai
11-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi All,

I am looking for same kind of service. My kid is in INDIA with my wife. my wife has passport and i m here in US. Highly apprecieated if anyone can guide me how to apply and what process need to follow?

THanks,
Vipul.

jgramya
03-02-2010, 11:59 AM
I have sent my docs too for the affidavit. However I have sent only the notarized photocopy of my passport and not the original.I am waiting for their response.

balamurugan
06-02-2010, 02:35 PM
I have sent my docs too for the affidavit. However I have sent only the notarized photocopy of my passport and not the original.I am waiting for their response.

Hi, Have you got your affidavit? .......where do we need to specify the mailing address.....in affidavit application form ..does residence and mailing address neeeds to be same? Mailing fee and app fee 20***0 can be sent as a single cashier's cheque, right?

vipulkgosai
06-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi All,

I got sworn affidavit in Jan-2010. Let me explain you what documents are required. This process is very simple, don't take much pain, because i gone through all pain.

This Documents, i used for Washington, DC:

1) child-indian-passport-affidavit-one-parent.pdf(Sworn Affidavit, attached)
2) APPLICATION FOR MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES (tick others option, and in first page fill applicant's details)
3) Online Application Form (for Washington, DC. If you are sending by mail then it is just for their records, if you are go in personal then it is considered as appointment)
4) Notarized Birth Certificate (if it is not in English)
5) Residence Proof(Lease, electricity bill etc.)
6) Fees (if you are sending by mail, then return mail charges.

Embassy will take 3 working weeks if you are sending in mail. if you are going in personal then it will be done in 1 day.

In case of any doubts, mail me on vipul_k_gosai@yahoo.com or call me any time : 704 906 2675.

Regards,
Vipul

Hi All,

I am looking for same kind of service. My kid is in INDIA with my wife. my wife has passport and i m here in US. Highly apprecieated if anyone can guide me how to apply and what process need to follow?

you can reply on vipul_k_gosai@yahoo.com

THanks,
Vipul.

phelp
10-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi,

I am residing in USA, Sanfrancisco. I need to renew my child's passport residing with me in USA, but I cannot get her father's signature who is in India on application form. Please help and send some suggestions how to renew it in this scenario. I need the help very urgently.

Thank you.

N

ramaniqbal
12-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Hello Guys..
I'm also in same boat as you guys are. This thread gave me lot's of information.

I have to get sworn affidavit form embassy for applying passport for my daughter in India ; and when reading the steps in web page of embassy in SF, they have not mentioned nothing.

My daughter is in india with my parents, and we both mother and father living in usa. We are bringing her here next year and i need to apply her passport asap.

As we are here,

1. can we apply passport by mail ?
2. For sworn affidavit what we need, can any body post the affidavit if both parents are abroad.
3. Do we need to get Power Of Attorney also and
send that to india for applying the passport (if my parent apply the passport)
if yes can anyone please post the text for the "Power Of Attorney"

Please help

touchraazu
12-23-2010, 07:58 PM
hi iqbal

did u get any clarity about this affadavit.
i am in a same position as you are.
please let me know if you know the details

Hello Guys..
I'm also in same boat as you guys are. This thread gave me lot's of information.

I have to get sworn affidavit form embassy for applying passport for my daughter in India ; and when reading the steps in web page of embassy in SF, they have not mentioned nothing.

My daughter is in india with my parents, and we both mother and father living in usa. We are bringing her here next year and i need to apply her passport asap.

As we are here,

2. For sworn affidavit what we need, can any body post the affidavit if both parents are abroad.

Please help

Maverick1981
02-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Can we mail notorized copy of original passport instead of original passport to Indian embassy for getting affedavit?

vipulkgosai
02-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi All,

Again i am posting on same thread. Let me explain you process in details.

First collect all documents
1) your kid's birth certificate (Ask ur family to send scan and attach in mail, prefered color otherwise b/w will do)
2) Your ID proof like license copy or valid government issued proof
3) your address proof like electricity bill, lease agreement
4) Most important Sworn Affidavit. Fill it and get it notorized in my previous post i hv attached.
5) Application Form. All embassy have application form for any kind of service. Here you are the applicant so fill ur details with ur photo. and tick last option.
6) Passport. If you are going in personal then better carry ur passport. But If ur sending through mail, then Ideally speaking its depends on embassy to embassy. But i hv heared from many people that notorized copy of all pages of ur passport will sufficient. In that case no need to send your original passport. During my time, i sent my original passport through mail. It is ok here to send your original passport through mail, but you have to make sure you are taking proper service from postal. Like they are giving some option like Receipt Authorization(this will tell you who has received your courier) and overnight delivery. You can track online. Only drawback here is embassy's processing time. Few embassy will take 3 days, one week or 3 week time (excluding holiday and weekends). So you have to patience.
7) A Copy of work authorization Letter like L1 approval or H1 Approval etc...
8) Fees. Generally $10 is application fees. chk ur embassy site. Issue Money Order. If you are sending through mail then $20 for overnight return service. so in that case 2 money order 1 for $10 and 2 for $20.
9) Not required but important one is letter to embassy for service

If you need any help i m still available on 704 906 2675
To,

The Consulate General Of India,
Indian Consulate,
[Washington , DC]

Sub : Application for Sworn Affidavit.

Dear Sir,

I am hereby submitting the application for Sworn Affidavit for my daughter’s passport.
The procedure given at your website is followed and all the required documents are also enclosed with.

I am staying in USA and my wife and daughter are staying in INDIA. My wife is applying for my daughter’s passport in INDIA.

In case need any further information or clarification; please do not hesitate to call me at [XXXXX)

Thanking you in anticipation.

Your name
Enclosures:

1. My original current passport ( <Passport NO>)
2. Completed application Form.
3. Sworn Affidavit
4. Notarized Birth Certificate
5. Money Order of 30$ (inclusive $20 for overnight return service)
6. A Copy of Lease Agreement
7. A Copy of Lerner permit
8. A Copy of work authorization I-797 approval.

mdsultana
04-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Hello ,

I am searching for the information about how to get my Daughter's passport renew as she is in india with her grandparents and we both father and mother are here in US.She has to go for US Visa Stamping but since her Passport gets expire in August so first she needs to get her passport renew.

Please provide me some information about how to do this process when both the parents are abroad.

do we need to follow the same procedure as mentioned above .

But the sworn certificate attached above needs info about one parent and while the other will be in india to apply for kids passport.
what if both the parents are in abroad and Grand parents apply for her passport renewal?

Help me out by providing all the info.

VishalWhawal
05-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks for good guidelines, but I have one question

This is regarding making Affidavit for my daughter's passport which is staying in India, currently I have following documents
1. Company salary slip on current residential address.
2. Bank Statement with current residential address.
3. Blue letter for driving license with current residential address.
4. Mobile bill monthly statement on the current address.

I do not have leasing agreement for the current residential address as I am staying with my friends.

So these above mentioned documents will be sufficient for the getting Affidavit for the minor passport?

Could you please assist me for the document and process?

venudhar
03-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi, I had visited NY consulate to get affidavit for my daughter's passport on 21st Mar 2012. I am living in US , while my wife and daughter are in India. Hence I decided to take affidavit for my daughter. Here is very simple process for NY Consulate ( I am not sure of other consulates)

Docs required when you go in person:

1. Original passport with I-94 ( preferrably with I-94)
2. Two copies of the affidavit signed by you. Here in the application downloaded from NY consulate website, you find both father and mother name to sign. But you sign as applicable (father/mother) and leave the other one blank. May be mother has to sign while applying for passport in India in front of the passport officer ( but I am not sure)

Thats it, you dont need of any other docs like address proof, identity proof ...nothing. Why I am saying this is, before I am going to NY consulate I was skeptic what all docs should I carry? Especially I was staying with my friends, so I did not have any address proof :(

Fee: USD 10 only

When and how should you go:

1. Go early in the morning. The reason is applications are accepted till 12: 15PM or so. After that no applications are accepted.
2.Better to be by 8:30AM, you may find some queue by then !
3. You will be given a serial number at the entrance
4. wait in the down stairs ( left hand side) till your number is called upon in electronic display
5. show the docs to the officer and pay USD10
6. They keep the passport and 2 copies of the affidavit with them and you will be given a receipt for 10 USD
7. They will ask you show up in the evening 4:30PM or so, as per the crowd
8. Go in the evening to collect Asst Consular signed affidavit and your passport

Thats all, go back to home with smiling face and guessing your baby soon in US.

pcsmurali
04-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Hi Venudhar,

Thanks for the posting.

Do we need to notorize the affidavit signed by you?

Thanks
Chandra

br_somu
05-09-2012, 04:50 AM
Hi All,

This thread gave me lot of information to get Minor's passport. I have few more questions.

(1) I was in Chennai before coming to US and my renewed passport is showing Chennai address. Now, my family is in Hyd along with my parents. Can my wife apply for my baby's passport in Hyd OR does she need to apply in Chennai ?

(2) What other documents are required to be submitted along with Sworn Affidavit and Birth Certificate ?

(3) To which address, my baby's passport would be delivered?

Your clarification is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

sriniappala
07-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi,

This thread gave me lot of information to get Minor's passport.

To get affidavit from indian consulate:

Required documents:
1. Take filled affidavit form with your signature (two copies).
2. Take passport original and photocopy (two photos copies).
3. Take 10$ fee.

Process:
1. Go early hours and get the token.
2. Wait for your turn and submit all the docs above mentioned.
3. For me they told that come and collect the letter at 12'O clock.

Apply minor passport in india
1. Submit the application form in online and get the appointment.
2. Take the affidavit original letter which was given in indian consulate.
3. Take your spouse passport.
4. mention the spouse passport address in the application, they will send the passport to applied address.

Thanks!!

sriniappala
07-19-2012, 08:01 PM
(1) I was in Chennai before coming to US and my renewed passport is showing Chennai address. Now, my family is in Hyd along with my parents. Can my wife apply for my baby's passport in Hyd OR does she need to apply in Chennai ?

Your passport address is not a problem. If your wife passport is showing HYD address, then she can apply in HYD.
You are not in india, so your wife passport address is important.

(2) What other documents are required to be submitted along with Sworn Affidavit and Birth Certificate ?

Other than you mentioned your wife passport required.

(3) To which address, my baby's passport would be delivered?

To applied address.

Thanks.

rajeswaridevi
10-13-2012, 11:02 AM
hi all,

Can some one pls help me..Me and my husband both stay in different places in UK.I need to apply for passport for my kid who is in INDIA.
My husband cant come to india present situation.I alone need to go and apply a passport for him. Can some one pls let me know the process what to be followed in UK and in INDIA.

sandip.rane@gmail.com
11-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I want to apply for passport in India for my daughter (Who is born in india) and she is now with my spouse in India.

I have applied for visa extension and as per the documents required on Indian Commision site they need receipt notice of
Visa extension as well handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status). I am not sure what shall I write in a handwritten note? Can any one help me on this.

Per my understanding documents required are below

1. Miscellaneous Services Form
2. Notorized affidavit fillld form
3. Current passport in original and photocopy of the first five pages and last two pages of the current passport.
4. I-797 (Copy of the receipt notice)
5. Driving Licence /Eletricity bill

6. Two cashiers check of $10 and $20 for fee and return mail payable to Embassy of India - Washington DC.
7. Cashiers check of $3 payable to Embassy of India- Washington DC for Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF)
8. handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status

I am concerned about document #8. Please help.
I am staying in orlando and have to apply through mail so little concern with all documents

pass2pgsb
11-13-2012, 04:36 PM
hi all,

Can some one pls help me..Me and my husband both stay in different places in UK.I need to apply for passport for my kid who is in INDIA.
My husband cant come to india present situation.I alone need to go and apply a passport for him. Can some one pls let me know the process what to be followed in UK and in INDIA.

Yes of course, one parent going to India should be more than enough. If your husband stays back and you are going then you will need an Affidavit from you husband.

Affidavit - It is the sworn document from the male parent declaring that the child's passport is being applied in India by his spouse with his consent.
WHY: The passport office in India asks for it as a legal proof to confirm that the childs passport is being applied, with the consent of the father living abroad.
HOW: I am in US, but the process obviously should remain the same. You need to get the filled Affidavit form attested from the local Indian Consulate nearby.
WHAT:
1. You will need to fill in the Affidavit form for Child's passport and an Application form-with passport photo affixed (for miscelleneous services - marking the required category, i.e. for Child/Minor passport in India or something similar). These forms will be available in your nearby consulate website.
2. You will need to submit documents (Notarised photocopy) -
a. Father's passport (I think first 5 pages and last 3 pages) & Visa page,
b. Local(UK) Residence proof -Lease agreement or document of house if owned
c. Photo ID(Driving License, etc.)
d. Child's birth certificate - ATTESTED IN INDIA - scanned copy should be enough)

3. Probably you will need to get additional copy of Affidavit form and get both original and copy notarised, before applying to consulate for attestation.
4. Nominal fees whatever specified in the consulate site.
WHERE:
You(your husband) go to the nearest consulate with these documents and application and get the Affidavit form attested or it by postal they will need the original passport also to be sent along with the other documents. So better to go in person.
So, search for more details in and regarding the nearest Indian consulate at your Husband's locale and get started.
Beware:When applying for the passport in India, take care that the address in your passport and the Child's passport application are matching.

As I looked into, there seems to be 3 consulates in UK.

All the Best!
-Suresh

pass2pgsb
11-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi,

I want to apply for passport in India for my daughter (Who is born in india) and she is now with my spouse in India.

I have applied for visa extension and as per the documents required on Indian Commision site they need receipt notice of
Visa extension as well handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status). I am not sure what shall I write in a handwritten note? Can any one help me on this.

Per my understanding documents required are below

1. Miscellaneous Services Form
2. Notorized affidavit fillld form
3. Current passport in original and photocopy of the first five pages and last two pages of the current passport.
4. I-797 (Copy of the receipt notice)
5. Driving Licence /Eletricity bill

6. Two cashiers check of $10 and $20 for fee and return mail payable to Embassy of India - Washington DC.
7. Cashiers check of $3 payable to Embassy of India- Washington DC for Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF)
8. handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status

I am concerned about document #8. Please help.
I am staying in orlando and have to apply through mail so little concern with all documents

I suggest you to better go to this link and then into the nearest consulate website and look for consular services or consular miscelleneous services.

You have to apply at the consulate which is applicable to you. So check that also and then apply(check thru "Consular Jurisdiction from 1st October 2012" tab on the right)
And again Jurisdictions for Visa related processes and Passport & Miscelleneous services vary. So be cautious.
I guess excluding the website of the Indian Consulate at Houston all other Consulates have a clear and better website to look into details.

All the Best !
-Suresh

SAMB
11-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi

I am currently in US

I am trying to get the AFFIDAVITS FOR CHILDS PASSPORT TO BE ISSUED IN INDIA

I have other doccuments ready
But not able to understand what "The Affidavit form needs to be notarized" means
do I have to get the same on a stamp paper?
if yes what value?
If no what does this mean
How can I get the same here in US

thanks
Sam

u_maddy001
12-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi,

Please can some one tell the procedure to take the affdavit from indian consultae houston by in person or through mail from my daughter.she is staying with my spouse in india.

Thanks
Maddy

nitinsdeshmukh
05-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Hi,
Can anyone assist here,
I am having original birth certificate of my kid in reginol language(non english), do I need to get that notarized presenting before consulate along with other documents.
Also do I need to notarized Affedavit form?

Please assist me as I would be traveling long way only for this.

Regards,
Nitin

heyram4ru
06-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys.

Sent the letter and passport to Indian embassy, just waiting for them to respond.

Hello Friend,

I am in process of applying minor passport for my kid in India, I'm in US and my wife in India ( she has Indian passport). The officials in Indian PP office requested some more documents like letter which is countersigned by the authorized officer in the Indian Mission abroad. can you please advise me how can I get the sign from Indian mission abroad. please help me.

regards
Ram

kiranmayi.k28
06-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I am also having the same issue, I am a single parent and I am in USA and my daughter is in India and I would want to the process and the paper work needed to submit to the consulate.

Any reply would be a great help.

Thanks,
Kiran

GnanavelG
10-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Hi all,

There are been lots of confusions around the process, when you are in US and you need to apply a passport for your kid in India.

Following is the process. You need to send a letter (asking for No objection for a guardian or for your wife to apply a passport to your Kid in India) and get attested by THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA, NEWYORK. Either you can go directly with your passport with the below documents and get attested or You need to get notarized (Any banks can notarize a letter for you) and send your passport to consulate.

1. Application form for Miscellaneous Services (http://www.immihelp.com/nri/miscellaneous-services-indian-consulate-newyork.pdf)
2. Affidavit to be filled (in duplicate). You have to get notarized after filling, and any bank would do notarization for you.
3. Original passport along with photocopy of first 3 pages and last 2 pages of passport along with visa copy (No need to worry about sending the original passport, I applied and got it back safe)
4. Copy of proof of residence in the US such as Utility Bill/Telephone Bill, Driver's License copy, State ID etc.)
5. Processing Fee $13.00 (Money order or Certified check in the name of Consulate General of India, New York. Cash is acceptable at the counter)
6. If sending by post/mail, $20 for priority return mail (again in the name of Consulate General of India, New York.)

Do not include any prepaid envelopes for your return mail. Just send $20 as mentioned in step 6, you will get your documents / passport safe.

Usually it would take 1 week of time for the document to get attested and getting the documents in hand. You will receive a mail with your passport / Affidavit mentioned in step 2 sealed by consulate.

I had applied last week and got it today with out any issues.

If you need any more clarifications, just send out an email to passport@indiacgny.org, you will get good response back.

Good luck....

preet_j4
10-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Hi, I had visited San Francisco consulate to get affidavit for my son's passport on 18tt Oct 2013. I am living in US, Utah, Salt Lake City, while my husband and son are in India. Hence I wanted affidavit for my son’s passport. Here is very simple process for San Francisco Consulate (I am not sure of other consulates). No need to take any online appointment for the same.

1. Original passport with I-94 ( preferably with I-94, or I-797) – I didn’t have valid I-94 or Visa as both are expired on 30-Sep-2013, but I did carry the visa extension receipt, printout.
2. One notarized affidavit signed by you and a photocopy.
3. Address proof – I didn’t have the address proof as I was staying in hotel, but I did provided Hotel bills  and they hv accepted them ;) 

Thats it, you dont need of any other docs Why I am saying this is, before I am going to NY consulate I was skeptic what all docs should I carry? Especially as I didn’t have address proof, valid I-94 etc.

Fee: USD 23 only (+ $3 if u use debit card, credit card, cash are not accepted, only Demand draft and debit cards accepted) + $10 for Notarization of Affidavit.

1. Go early in the morning. The reason is applications are accepted till 12 PM. After that no applications are accepted. I went @ 11:45 almost, but was lucky to have it done.
2. Enter your details at right window, go inside and stand in the queue (window 3, depends).
3. Show the docs to the officer and pay USD23, I used debit card so paid $26.
4. They keep the passport and 2 copies of the affidavit with them and you will be given a receipt for 23 USD and a receipt to collect the passport.
5. They will ask you show up in the evening between 4 to 4:30PM or so.
6. Go in the evening to collect Asst Consular signed affidavit and your passport. I was bit late I reached there by 4:32 PM but timing was till 4:45 PM and I got it 

Thats all, go back to home with smiling face and guessing your baby soon in US. As simple as that 

Preeti Jadhav
801-300-9578 (Call me if you need anything as I have done it recently)

sivagg
12-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Hi all,

Hi, I had visited Consulate general of india in New York city today to get affidavit. I wanted to update my findings, my research to get this affilidit, so that this would be helpful for the other parent visiting this site again.

First this in terms of documents required(same as mentioned below)

1. Original passport.
2. Two affidavit signed by you, if you are going in person then no need for notarized, else you may need to do so(for mail).
3. Application form, Fill up your details, paste a photo and select the option 7(attestation for child photo).

This all is pretty much enough for you to get the sign. The officer today didnt ask me anything else., But i had also taken the below documents with me just to not take any chance.

1. I had no address proof, as i am still staying in Hotel, I took all the bills paid in hotel so far. IN ADDITION, make a address proof document from your company and take a copy of this too. You dont want to given them any oppurtunity for them to send you back.

2. Govt ID Proof, sincerely i dont have any proof in US. I took my India driving license (didnt had original in hand, but the officer didnt ask , so its ok)

3. I94 or i797 copies. They will easily pull from their system but still they would love to ask this question to you.

4. You company deputation letter, When i called the india consulate office the day before and explained i m staying in hotel, she asked me to carry this too.(officer didnt ask though)

That is it.

Went morning 9 am , waiting for 15 mins for my token number, Submit document. Paid fees 10$ + 3$(some welfare fee) = 13$ total.
asked me to come between 12 30 and 1 pm.

Went and collected it, the process is so simple if you read this blogs and be prepared your self. Now i have to send this original document to india as international post.

So happy happy evening .. going to see my baby soon .... :) :)

Additional information: as most the other folks i met, most of them didnt had car and stay a far from NY. I never thought i wil be able to make it in person until i found there is a bus service called GREYHOUND. They pretty much operate in most of the areas. So do google for your bus availability. (Bolt Bus is one another option).

Happy now and good luck to you. Do reply to this post if you have any query , i will pretty much try help with whatever the information i Have...

-Siva

karthikeyankomar
03-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Hi Guys
This is an awesome thread clarifying a lot of questions I had in my for getting an Affidavit and sending it to India for applying passport for my kid:
I have few more questions and may be some of you who have applied previously could suggest, please :

Getting the affidavit:
1) I am going to mail my application form for affidavit request. Along with notarization of the affidavit pages, do I need to get the passport, visa, address proof copies notarized?
Is it really required for these copies also be notarized( I am sending to Washington DC embassy)?

2) Some of the post mentioned that I need to get a scanned notarized-copy of my kid's Birth certifcate & should be sent along with application. Is this really required since not everyone mention that.

After getting the affidavit:

1) When I was reading the FAQ for indiangov for next steps, they answer a FAQ as follows:

"Q11: Who can apply for my minor daughter's passport in India as I am on ship at Singapore as second engineer?
A: Either parent/guardian can apply for minor's passport. You would however need to get Annexure H duly attested by the Consular section of the nearest Indian Mission. To check the complete list of documents to be submitted along with the application form, please click on "Documents Required" link on Home page"

This answer confuses since no where in this thread I have seen suggestions to get Annexure H attested by Embassy. Can anyone clarify whether Annexure H signed and attested by Embassy required for you guys for processing your kids passport in India?

2) They also mention that atleast, one of the parents , if they possess passport should have their spouse name endorsed.
I have my wife's name endorsed in my passport but since she will be the one applying for kid's passport in India showing her passport(and that she doesn't have my name endorsed in her passport), do I need to get my passport pages also attested and sent to India?

Kindly clarify from your experience. This will be helpful

tunnu
04-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Hi Iqbal,
I am in a same situation like yours my 5 years old daughter is in India with my parents and we both( mother &father) are in California. Planning to get my daughter here and my parents need to apply for her passport in India. The affidavit format given on SFO embassy website is only for one parent who is in USA but we both parents are in USA and my parents in indis are applying for my daughters passport. Can you please share the affidavit format which we can use for both parents in USA and her grandparents applying for her passport in out behalf in India. Planning to hi town assay in Tuesday. You help will be appreciated.

Hello Guys..

As we are here,

Please help

haranath9
05-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Have you taken baby birth certificate or birth certificate copy to embassy ? .

Hi, I had visited NY consulate to get affidavit for my daughter's passport on 21st Mar 2012. I am living in US , while my wife and daughter are in India. Hence I decided to take affidavit for my daughter. Here is very simple process for NY Consulate ( I am not sure of other consulates)

1. Original passport with I-94 ( preferrably with I-94)
2. Two copies of the affidavit signed by you. Here in the application downloaded from NY consulate website, you find both father and mother name to sign. But you sign as applicable (father/mother) and leave the other one blank. May be mother has to sign while applying for passport in India in front of the passport officer ( but I am not sure)

Thats it, you dont need of any other docs like address proof, identity proof ...nothing. Why I am saying this is, before I am going to NY consulate I was skeptic what all docs should I carry? Especially I was staying with my friends, so I did not have any address proof :(

Fee: USD 10 only

1. Go early in the morning. The reason is applications are accepted till 12: 15PM or so. After that no applications are accepted.
2.Better to be by 8:30AM, you may find some queue by then !
3. You will be given a serial number at the entrance
4. wait in the down stairs ( left hand side) till your number is called upon in electronic display
5. show the docs to the officer and pay USD10
6. They keep the passport and 2 copies of the affidavit with them and you will be given a receipt for 10 USD
7. They will ask you show up in the evening 4:30PM or so, as per the crowd
8. Go in the evening to collect Asst Consular signed affidavit and your passport

Thats all, go back to home with smiling face and guessing your baby soon in US.

msme
01-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Hi Iqbal,
I am in a same situation like yours my 5 years old daughter is in India with my parents and we both( mother &father) are in California. Planning to get my daughter here and my parents need to apply for her passport in India. The affidavit format given on SFO embassy website is only for one parent who is in USA but we both parents are in USA and my parents in indis are applying for my daughters passport. Can you please share the affidavit format which we can use for both parents in USA and her grandparents applying for her passport in out behalf in India. Planning to hi town assay in Tuesday. You help will be appreciated.

Hi ,

Could you please share the details of the affidavit for applying child passport in India when both parents are in US? Do we need to fill 2 separate affidavits(one for each parent) and get it notorized? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

appub4u
03-17-2015, 11:51 AM
Hi Vipul kindly help me

I am currently in US (Oklahoma City) with H1B visa and my wife and son (1 year old) are in India. My wife is going to apply for a passport for my son in India for which they need a sworn affidavit from Indian embassy.

I saw the documents required from Indian embassy (http://www.cgihouston.org/page/display/53/19). I have some questions. Please help me. I will be sending the documents on mail to the embassy

1) .Completed "Misc. Services" application form with one passport size photo affixed in the box.

Please let me know which photo should be affixed (mine or my son’s photo?)

2 Original and copy of sworn affidavit duly notarized.

Please let me know from which location these documents should be notarized. From India or from US.
If it is from India a scanned copy will be sufficient or the original copy is required?

3 Copy of spouse passport & Copy of child's birth certificate with both the parents name on it.

Both this documents needs to be notarized? If yes then from India or from US?

4, after I send this documents Is there a way to track the progress. How do I know in case any further information is required by the consulate

Thanks,
Appu

Hi All,

I got sworn affidavit in Jan-2010. Let me explain you what documents are required. This process is very simple, don't take much pain, because i gone through all pain.

This Documents, i used for Washington, DC:

1) child-indian-passport-affidavit-one-parent.pdf(Sworn Affidavit, attached)
2) APPLICATION FOR MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES (tick others option, and in first page fill applicant's details)
3) Online Application Form (for Washington, DC. If you are sending by mail then it is just for their records, if you are go in personal then it is considered as appointment)
4) Notarized Birth Certificate (if it is not in English)
5) Residence Proof(Lease, electricity bill etc.)
6) Fees (if you are sending by mail, then return mail charges.

Embassy will take 3 working weeks if you are sending in mail. if you are going in personal then it will be done in 1 day.

In case of any doubts, mail me on vipul_k_gosai@yahoo.com or call me any time : 704 906 2675.

Regards,
Vipul

Shekhar_2015
03-23-2015, 01:20 AM
Hi Vipul kindly help me

I am currently in US (Oklahoma City) with H1B visa and my wife and son (1 year old) are in India. My wife is going to apply for a passport for my son in India for which they need a sworn affidavit from Indian embassy.

I saw the documents required from Indian embassy (http://www.cgihouston.org/page/display/53/19). I have some questions. Please help me. I will be sending the documents on mail to the embassy

1) .Completed "Misc. Services" application form with one passport size photo affixed in the box.

Please let me know which photo should be affixed (mine or my son’s photo?)

2 Original and copy of sworn affidavit duly notarized.

Please let me know from which location these documents should be notarized. From India or from US.
If it is from India a scanned copy will be sufficient or the original copy is required?

3 Copy of spouse passport & Copy of child's birth certificate with both the parents name on it.

Both this documents needs to be notarized? If yes then from India or from US?

4, after I send this documents Is there a way to track the progress. How do I know in case any further information is required by the consulate

Thanks,
Appu

Hi Appu,

I am in the same boat checking for passport procedure. I have the same questions which are raised by you... Did you get answers to your question.
I will be contacting consulate office for more details. If I get proper answers will update you.

Thanks,
Shekhar

Guest567
05-12-2015, 12:39 AM
Hi,

I am posting my recent experience at the Indian consulate in San Francisco for 'Affidavit for Childs Passport to be issued in India' for the benefit of others. Kindly note that the steps outlined by me do not guarantee a smooth process for others. Please use my advice at your own risk.

Link to SFO consulate's instructions: http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/162/236

My scenario:
1) I am in the US on H1B whereas my wife and new-born baby are in India and my wife would be applying for our baby's passport in India.
2) I went in-person to the SFO consulate.

The consulate accepts applications till 12 p.m and I walked into the consulate at 11 a.m. I did not have to take an appointment in advance. The whole process took just around 5 - 10 minutes.

Original documents I carried with me:
1) Indian passport
2) Electricity bill (for proof of address)
3) Miscellaneous Services Form (with my photo pasted)
4) Affidavit form (this document needs to be notarized, as per the instructions. I notarized mine at Bank of America. I have an account with Bank of America; hence was not charged anything for the service. As an alternative, there are public notaries who would notarize for a small fee, generally $10 in SFO. I filled up most of the form at home, but did not sign it at home. Please note that the form has to be signed in the presence of the officer notarizing the document).

Copies of documents I carried with me:
1) Copy of first 5 pages and last 2 pages of my passport
2) Copy of H1B visa page on passport
3) Copy of I-94
4) Copy of notarized Affidavit form
5) Copy of electricity bill

Charges: $26 ( Breakup - $20 (non-refundable fee) + $3 (Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF) fee) + $3 (Debit card fee))

Upon payment, I was given a receipt for the same and only the original electricity bill was returned to me (the passport and all other documents mentioned above were retained by them).

The consulate stamped the notarized Affidavit form and returned it along with the original passport that same evening. The collection timings at SFO are from 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.

Regards,

joycegeorge
05-27-2015, 02:52 PM
Hi,

I am posting my recent experience at the Indian consulate in San Francisco for 'Affidavit for Childs Passport to be issued in India' for the benefit of others. Kindly note that the steps outlined by me do not guarantee a smooth process for others. Please use my advice at your own risk.

My scenario:
1) I am in the US on H1B whereas my wife and new-born baby are in India and my wife would be applying for our baby's passport in India.

The consulate accepts applications till 12 p.m and I walked into the consulate at 11 a.m. I did not have to take an appointment in advance. The whole process took just around 5 - 10 minutes.

1) Indian passport
4) Affidavit form (this document needs to be notarized, as per the instructions. I notarized mine at Bank of America. I have an account with Bank of America; hence was not charged anything for the service. As an alternative, there are public notaries who would notarize for a small fee, generally $10 in SFO. I filled up most of the form at home, but did not sign it at home. Please note that the form has to be signed in the presence of the officer notarizing the document).

3) Copy of I-94

Charges: $26 ( Breakup - $20 (non-refundable fee) + $3 (Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF) fee) + $3 (Debit card fee))

Upon payment, I was given a receipt for the same and only the original electricity bill was returned to me (the passport and all other documents mentioned above were retained by them).

The consulate stamped the notarized Affidavit form and returned it along with the original passport that same evening. The collection timings at SFO are from 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.

Regards,

Hi,

I am in the same situation and planning to go to Washington DC in person. Thank you for your message with details.

Thanks
GJ

vishal27580
06-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Hello Guys,

I know we all are in same situation and my question is different.
My Son and wife was here in US till May 2015
Went to India and my Son's passport is expiring in Jan 2016, so we planned to get in it renewed in India. I got sworn affidavit from Houston based Indian consulate as I am in India
my son been living in US for last 3 years.
Now my question is while filling application for re-issuing passport in India, what we should answer to below mentioned question.
Is your present address out of India?
if YES then we need to give US address right?
if NO then we need to give India address mentioned in previous passport?

Thank you

Ankit2
06-11-2015, 07:19 AM
Hi,

I need to apply passport for my daughter( 11months) in India, my family is in India and I am in US. Looks like we need to send a letter to Indian embassy in US and get it attested and then send to India to submit along with passport application?

Can anyone share what all needs to be done.

I am calling several times to Indian consulate but as usual no response.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Ankit2
06-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Please do let me know the procedure as well if you have gone through the procedure now. You can also send the mail to apatni11@gmail.com.
I need to apply for minor passport urgently.

sarvesh1203
10-26-2015, 04:44 PM
I hope this information will be useful.
Hi,

I am posting my recent experience(26-Oct-2015) at the Indian consulate in NEW YORK for 'Affidavit for Child Passport to be issued in India' for the benefit of others.

My scenario:
2) I went in-person to the NEW YORK consulate.

The consulate accepts applications till ~12 p.m and I walked into the consulate at 9.30 a.m. I did not have to take an appointment in advance. The whole process took just around 30 minutes.

1) Indian passport
2) Affidavit document (attached) - Fill all the details
3) Miscellaneous Services Form(download it from the Indian Embassy web site) (with my photo pasted)- Fill all the details

1) Copy of Passport first 4 pages and last 2 pages in my case
3) Copy of Affidavit form

Charges: $13 (Note: They won't accept credit/debit cards, No 100$ bills)

Upon payment, I was given a receipt for the same (the passport and all other documents mentioned above were retained by them).

The consulate stamped the notarized Affidavit form and returned it along with the original passport by 12.30 PM same day.

onlyforujana@gmail.com
10-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Hi Sarvesh, I'm planning to visit Indian Embassy NYC to get the 'Affidavit for Child Passport to be issued in India'. Saw your details which was helpful. Couple of queries from my end.

1) If I'm right total of $13 need to be paid as fees. Since we are going in person we can pay by cash right?

2) Affidavit document which we fill from the website need to be attested but not signed and the same should be presented in the Embassy. Did I state it correctly?

3) Should the Miscellaneous Services Form be attested as well?

4) I see the list of documents to carry should all the photo copied be attested?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

sarvesh1203
10-27-2015, 08:47 PM
Hello onlyforujana,

Please find the response below
1) If I'm right total of $13 need to be paid as fees. Since we are going in person we can pay by cash right? --> Yes it should be paid by cash ( better take exact change to make your work quick)

2) Affidavit document which we fill from the website need to be attested but not signed and the same should be presented in the Embassy. Did I state it correctly?
--> If you are not attesting -->Affidavit(sworn in certificate) need to be filled and signed, make a copy of it after signing.
If you are attesting the document( i did it from Bank of America, they will do it for free) before going to the embassy, you have to sign before the bank of america employee. Take your passport to the Bank as well for verification, Make a copy after attestation from the bank is done

FYI- Attestation of the Sworn In Affidavit from the Bank is optional- I did this just because the counselor should not create any problem at the time of applying

3) Should the Miscellaneous Services Form be attested as well?- Not needed

4) I see the list of documents to carry should all the photo copied be attested?- Not needed

onlyforujana@gmail.com
10-27-2015, 09:40 PM
Thanks Sarvesh this was helpful. One final query. I only have soft copy of my kid birth certificate is that enough (or) it's mandatory to carry the original?

sarvesh1203
10-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Thanks Sarvesh this was helpful. One final query. I only have soft copy of my kid birth certificate is that enough (or) it's mandatory to carry the original?

sarvesh: Take a print out of the Birth Cert , no need of original B.C

adafaria
12-12-2015, 01:49 AM
Hi mdsultana,

I am in a similar situation as you were earlier. My daughter is with her grand parents in India. Can you please guide me on the process for affidavit if both parents are in USA.
My email is anand.dafaria@gmail.com.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Hello ,

I am searching for the information about how to get my Daughter's passport renew as she is in india with her grandparents and we both father and mother are here in US.She has to go for US Visa Stamping but since her Passport gets expire in August so first she needs to get her passport renew.

Please provide me some information about how to do this process when both the parents are abroad.

do we need to follow the same procedure as mentioned above .

But the sworn certificate attached above needs info about one parent and while the other will be in india to apply for kids passport.
what if both the parents are in abroad and Grand parents apply for her passport renewal?

Help me out by providing all the info.

gopala85
01-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Hi all,
I have collected all of the below mentioned documents. I have notarized the Sworn Affidavit form. For remaining photocopies of documents, the bank people said, they don't have right to notarize those documents. Is it compulsory to notarize the other documents (like, Kids birth certificate, Address proof). I don't have kids original birth certificate. Help is greatly appreciated.

Hi All,

Again i am posting on same thread. Let me explain you process in details.

First collect all documents
1) your kid's birth certificate (Ask ur family to send scan and attach in mail, prefered color otherwise b/w will do)
2) Your ID proof like license copy or valid government issued proof
3) your address proof like electricity bill, lease agreement
4) Most important Sworn Affidavit. Fill it and get it notorized in my previous post i hv attached.
5) Application Form. All embassy have application form for any kind of service. Here you are the applicant so fill ur details with ur photo. and tick last option.
6) Passport. If you are going in personal then better carry ur passport. But If ur sending through mail, then Ideally speaking its depends on embassy to embassy. But i hv heared from many people that notorized copy of all pages of ur passport will sufficient. In that case no need to send your original passport. During my time, i sent my original passport through mail. It is ok here to send your original passport through mail, but you have to make sure you are taking proper service from postal. Like they are giving some option like Receipt Authorization(this will tell you who has received your courier) and overnight delivery. You can track online. Only drawback here is embassy's processing time. Few embassy will take 3 days, one week or 3 week time (excluding holiday and weekends). So you have to patience.
7) A Copy of work authorization Letter like L1 approval or H1 Approval etc...
8) Fees. Generally $10 is application fees. chk ur embassy site. Issue Money Order. If you are sending through mail then $20 for overnight return service. so in that case 2 money order 1 for $10 and 2 for $20.
9) Not required but important one is letter to embassy for service

If you need any help i m still available on 704 906 2675
To,

The Consulate General Of India,
Indian Consulate,
[Washington , DC]

Sub : Application for Sworn Affidavit.

Dear Sir,

I am hereby submitting the application for Sworn Affidavit for my daughter’s passport.
The procedure given at your website is followed and all the required documents are also enclosed with.

I am staying in USA and my wife and daughter are staying in INDIA. My wife is applying for my daughter’s passport in INDIA.

In case need any further information or clarification; please do not hesitate to call me at [XXXXX)

Thanking you in anticipation.

Your name
Enclosures:

1. My original current passport ( <Passport NO>)
2. Completed application Form.
3. Sworn Affidavit
4. Notarized Birth Certificate
5. Money Order of 30$ (inclusive $20 for overnight return service)
6. A Copy of Lease Agreement
7. A Copy of Lerner permit
8. A Copy of work authorization I-797 approval.

Amit Barik
01-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Friends,

Process to get Sworn affidavit in NY consulate is very simple. My case is that my wife and daughter are in India. My wife passport has my name as Spouse name(recently changed for applying daughter's passport).

1. Need to fill two forms(search in google for NY consulate forms. Every state Indian consulate has its own forms) -
Miscellaneous form(Tick "Others" as services required) with a photo. Carry an extra Miscellaneous form along with a photo.
Affidavit (2 copies) - Many Indian consulates require notarized affidavit but good thing its not required in NY Indian consulate.
2. Address proof - I am staying with friends so don't have electricity bill and have not applied for NJ driving licence. So in this case your bank statement will work.
3. ID Proof - If you don't have driving licence, carry your SSN.
4. Take a scan copy of your child notarized birth certificate.
5. Bring your original passport and also bring a xerox copy of your passport(first and last page). You can xerox it there inside the consulate.
6. Carry I-797(original) and I-94 copy.(They don't check but its better to carry)
7. Keep $13 change. No $100 or credit/debit card accepted.

Once you reach consulate. Take a serial number from security guard and wait for the electronic counter to display your number. Once your number comes give all above documents along with fees to a lady sitting at the counter. They will give you a receipt and you will be asked to come between 12:30 PM to 1 PM for collection. That's it.
Try to reach early between 8:45 - 9 AM as Miscellaneous services starts by 9:15 AM and completes by 11:30 AM EST.

sivatheone
04-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Hi All,
I am residing in Toronto, Canada. Recently my wife (in INDIA) got her passport and my name is endorsed in it.
Now I am planning to apply passport for my Son (5 years). What is the affidavit that I need to send them to apply passport for my son and where can I get it attested in Ontario. Is it really required (as my name is endorsed in my wife's passport)

Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Sivakumar.

Mahesh Malipeddi
04-30-2016, 07:38 AM
Hello All,

I'm applying for a passport for my baby in india. I saw in indianembassy.org, there are the docs we need. Do we need to send original passport if it is notarized. When I see in immhelp blog it is asking for different things. please let me know asap.

Washington DC
• Attach the following documents with the application form.
• Current passport in original and photocopy of the first five pages and last two pages of the current passport.
• Proof of your US Visa Status:(copy of any one of the following)
o Photocopy of the page containing visa on passport (H1B, H4 etc) and the copy of I-94
o Clear Photocopy of Green Card
o Employment Authorization Document (Work Permit)
o I-797, I-140 or I-20 (If approval copy of these notices are pending, also attach a handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status)
• Proof of current US residence address: (copy of any one of the following)
o U.S Driving license.
o Gas, Electricity, Water or landline telephone bill displaying applicant’s address
o House Lease Agreement
o State Identification Card
o Note: Bank/credit card/mobile phone statements are not accepted as residence proof
• The Affidavit form needs to be notarized - send original and a copy.
• In case the Embassy receives applications with incomplete documentation, the same would be sent back unprocessed in the return envelope sent by the applicant.

mehtakapil
07-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Hi,

I am posting my recent experience(25-Jul-2016) at the Indian consulate in NEW YORK for 'Affidavit for Child Passport to be issued in India' for the benefit of others.

My scenario:
1) I am in the US on L1A visa whereas my wife and new-born baby are in India and my wife would be applying for our baby's passport in India.

The consulate accepts applications till ~12 p.m and I walked into the consulate at 8:45 a.m. I did not have to take an appointment in advance. The whole process took just around 30 minutes.

1) Indian passport + xerox copy of first and last page of my passport(You can take 1st 4pages Xerox and last 4 pages Xerox)
2) filled Affidavit document + 1 xerox copy of the same filled Affidavit document
3) Miscellaneous Services Form(download it from the Indian Embassy web site) (with my photo pasted)- Fill all the details
4)US Address proof:I took my bank statement.You can take electricity bill/utility bill.

Charges: $13

Upon payment, I was given a receipt for the same (the passport and all other documents mentioned above were retained by them).

The consulate stamped the notarized Affidavit form and returned it along with the original passport by 12.30 PM same day.

rupalise
07-30-2016, 10:13 PM
Hi Kapil,

Do we need to get the affidavit notarized even if we are going to the consulate in person?

Regards
R

akula.sreekanth
08-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Hi,

I found in some of the posts that notarized birth certificate of the baby is required along with other relevant forms.

But that's not mentioned in the consulate website of San Francisco.

Please provide info, as to if birth certificate of the baby is required?

Thanks
Sreekanth

Hi,

I am posting my recent experience(25-Jul-2016) at the Indian consulate in NEW YORK for 'Affidavit for Child Passport to be issued in India' for the benefit of others.

My scenario:
1) I am in the US on L1A visa whereas my wife and new-born baby are in India and my wife would be applying for our baby's passport in India.

The consulate accepts applications till ~12 p.m and I walked into the consulate at 8:45 a.m. I did not have to take an appointment in advance. The whole process took just around 30 minutes.

1) Indian passport + xerox copy of first and last page of my passport(You can take 1st 4pages Xerox and last 4 pages Xerox)
2) filled Affidavit document + 1 xerox copy of the same filled Affidavit document
4)US Address proof:I took my bank statement.You can take electricity bill/utility bill.

andy197883
09-21-2016, 03:29 AM
Hi,

My scenario:

1) Indian passport

3) Copy of I-94

Regards,

Hi,

I'm in similar situation. I'm wondering how many days will it take if I send the documents through mail. I also need to submit in SFO location.

Thanks,
Andy

andy197883
10-13-2016, 01:22 AM
Hi,

I'm in similar situation. I'm wondering how many days will it take if I send the documents through mail. I also need to submit in SFO location.

Thanks,
Andy

Thanks to the forum and especially Guest567, was able to get the authorization document on time.

Priyas3
10-24-2016, 02:01 PM
Thanks to the forum and especially Guest567, was able to get the authorization document on time.

Hi,
I'm facing same situation, my daughter is in India.
We both parents are here in US.

Planning to take child's passport with my brother as
guardian.

Do we need to carry any other documents like my brother's passport,
in addition to documents listed above.

Please guide.

Thanks,
Priya Bharat

Priyas3
10-26-2016, 11:19 PM
Hi Iqbal,

Hi Tunnu,

I'm facing same situation, my daughter is in India.
We both parents are here in US.

Planning to take child's passport with my brother as
guardian.

Do we need to carry any other documents like my brother's passport,
in addition to documents listed above.

Please guide.

Thanks,
Priya Bharat

sanjeyprabu
11-30-2016, 02:44 PM
Dear friends,

I have an query about renewal of passport for my son, last 3 weeks back he has traveled to India for vacation and returning back to USA on Feb
His passport will be expired on 1st week of June 2017 as per the US immigration policy passport should be valid for alteast 6 month to enter in the USA, so that planning to renew my son’s ( age 5 )passport at my India itself

I have read couple of thread, to apply passport renewal application need submit annexure G to get attestation from Indian embassy if one of the parent is in abroad

Can you pls share the process and list of document to be submitted to Indian embassy

Queries :

1. I m in Kentucky so traveling to Washington DC is too far, so that can I send copy of passport attested by notary public is enough do I need send the original passport ? ( I also having some international travels in coming weeks so if I send the passport it will be difficult )

2. In Annexure G mentioned that the non judicial stamp paper attested by notary public is required ? Do I need to fill the annexure G in judicial stamp paper only or white paper is sufficient ?

3. Once I get the annexure G from Indian embassy, do I need to send to India to carry to the passport office ?

Pls suggest

Thanks ,

Prabu

Hi,

My scenario:

kpradeepk11
12-05-2016, 10:26 PM
I am in USA and wife and kid are in India. They are applying for passport in India. I want to know whether sworn affidavit is mandatory? Becuase in one of FAQ, I found in case sworn affidavit cannot be arranged by father they can go for Annexure G. Can someone applied through that ?

In case of minor's passport, whose father is abroad, is it mandatory to obtain father's consent to apply for the child's passport? If so, what is the procedure?
A: If parent(s) of the minor holds a valid passport, then attested photocopy of passport needs to be submitted along with the application form. Spouse name should be endorsed on the parent's passport. If parent(s) hold a valid passport, but spouse name is not endorsed, then they must get the spouse name added in their passport. For this, they have to apply for re-issue of passport and get the specified change done in personal particulars. If father is abroad, then a sworn affidavit attested by the Indian mission along with attested photocopy of passport needs to be submitted OR Annexure G can be submitted by mother (in case sworn affidavit cannot be arranged by the father). To see the format of Annexure G, please click on "Annexures/Affidavits" link on Home page.

Thanks,
Pradeep K

Leela Josna Kona
12-06-2016, 02:29 PM

Can you please let me know how many days it took for you if sent through mail to SFO

niraisri
01-12-2017, 08:09 PM
I applied for sworn affidavit through post to Washigton DC indian embassy. Post reached them by Dec 27, 2016.

Today is Jan 12, 2017.

Still no reply or any notifications from them. Can anybody help me on this. Do they have any customer care number to make an enquiry, bcoz i sent my original passport in mail. Or how many days i have to wait to get my reply mail from them.

Anybody help, thanks in advance.

evg
02-24-2017, 02:11 PM
sarvesh: Take a print out of the Birth Cert , no need of original B.C

I needed to renew my kids passports in India.
I see many posts where they have said we need to take MISCELLANEOUS APPLICATION FORM and FORM OF AFFIDAVIT TO BE SUBMITTED BY THE PARENT(S) STAYING ABROAD ( ignore the caps)

What exactly is being attested at the Consul? I am totally lost and confused.
It says A non-refundable fee of $13 (thirteen) per attestation?

Could you please help me understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Dear friends,

I have an query about renewal of passport for my son, last 3 weeks back he has traveled to India for vacation and returning back to USA on Feb
His passport will be expired on 1st week of June 2017 as per the US immigration policy passport should be valid for alteast 6 month to enter in the USA, so that planning to renew my son’s ( age 5 )passport at my India itself

I have read couple of thread, to apply passport renewal application need submit annexure G to get attestation from Indian embassy if one of the parent is in abroad

Can you pls share the process and list of document to be submitted to Indian embassy

Queries :

1. I m in Kentucky so traveling to Washington DC is too far, so that can I send copy of passport attested by notary public is enough do I need send the original passport ? ( I also having some international travels in coming weeks so if I send the passport it will be difficult )

2. In Annexure G mentioned that the non judicial stamp paper attested by notary public is required ? Do I need to fill the annexure G in judicial stamp paper only or white paper is sufficient ?

3. Once I get the annexure G from Indian embassy, do I need to send to India to carry to the passport office ?

Pls suggest

Thanks ,

Prabu

Hi,

Where you able to get the passport renewed. Can you kindly help me understand the steps you took for it. ?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Guys,

I know we all are in same situation and my question is different.
My Son and wife was here in US till May 2015
Went to India and my Son's passport is expiring in Jan 2016, so we planned to get in it renewed in India. I got sworn affidavit from Houston based Indian consulate as I am in India
my son been living in US for last 3 years.
Now my question is while filling application for re-issuing passport in India, what we should answer to below mentioned question.
Is your present address out of India?
if YES then we need to give US address right?
if NO then we need to give India address mentioned in previous passport?

Thank you

Hello Vishal,

Could you kindly explain the process you went through to get your child's passport renewed?

Thanks!

evg
03-19-2017, 04:21 PM
This is my experience:

https://sayitfromtheheartblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/19/affidavit-for-applying-childs-passport-renewal-in-india/

Pham Anhtu
03-19-2017, 04:32 PM
Please tell us if any of you travelling to Mumbai with minor passport reissued and old Oci in march 2017