Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bachelors degree in USA

Hi all,

I have a Bachelors degree in Dental Sciences (BDS) from india. I worked in the IT industry as a Clinical data manager for a couple of yrs.

Q) Now that i am H4 visa and have a few months less than an yr in hand to apply for H1b next yr. Should i acquire a degree in USA to strengthen my academic back ground as i had a career shift?

Q) Is a Bachelors degree in IT from USA as good as a Masters degree in IT to apply for H1b? (It takes lesser time and also cost effective for me)

Note: considering the university is accredited pls guide me on the kind of financial aid i get on my H4 status.

I request you for an early reply as i have very less time left.

Appreciating your help in this regard

All masters programs assume undergraduate preparation in the field. IT tends to be a progressive degree that have 2, 3 and 4 year sequences of classes depending on the university.

A masters is a higher degree than a bachelors, but with your background you would have a significant number of preliminary courses at either level. Expect a program at either level to take 2 to 3 years depending on your actual completed coursework.

You will be unlikely to get any financial aid either on H4 or F1 since you are not qualified to be a teaching or research assistant in your program. The most you can hope for is in state tuition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X