Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when to file I 864

Hi,
    I paid AOS fee of $70 and mailed the receipt on sep.3. My mother mailed DS3032 on Sep.5 from India.
    The fee receipt page said if i have paid the fees online, I will not get the I 864 instructions by mail. I will have to lookup in the NVC website and send appropriate forms. The NVC website says, not to mail I864 before getting confirmation from NVC.

Now my question is, WHEN CAN I FILE I-864? Will I get any mail from NVC?

I emailed NVC a week before, but NVC hasn't responded yet.
    shall I go ahead and send the forms or contact NVC again?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Rakhee; 09-19-2008, 04:42 PM.

Rakhee:
    I am in the same situation. Paid the AOS fee online (21st Sept) and saw the fee status changed to "paid" on 23rd. Am waiting for a letter from NVC to submit I-864.

The online instructions aren't clear. I hope some one will respond soon.

Comment

Hi,
      On sep.27,2008I got a mail from NVC to submit I 864. And on oct 2 i got another mail from NVC to pay IV fees of $400.
      apparently, you can download the i 864s and keep it ready, but you have to send them only after NVC contacts you. It also included a barcoded sheet to include with I864 package and asked me to write the case number in ALL documents.
      not following these directions, you guessed it, will cause delay in process.

Comment

Followup question

Hi Rakhee,

I am also in the process of filing I-864 for my parents petition to come to the U.S. I'm the sponsor and I just paid the I-864 fee online. How long did it take for you to receive the next instructions on how to file the I-864? I have printed all the forms and gathered all the necessary documents to come along with it but I'm hesitant on sending it yet since I haven't received a letter from them to send it. Should I wait for that in the mail? the instructions online are not very clear whether I should send it already or not.

Thanks,
        Anne James

Comment

three weeks.
          you should wait for the mail from NVC as you have to submit the documents along with the BARCODED SHEET they send you with.
          sometimes they might give special instructions too.

Comment

when to file I-864

It looks like you all decided to go with the !-130. I applied for I-130 and
            I-129f. Both were approved at the same time.I decided to go with the K-3 visa. This part is VERY, VERY confusing. NVC asked for $400 to proceed but the K-3 visa is supposed to go faster and we will adjust status when he gets to USA. So, I called NVC for clarity 1 (603) 334 0700, make sure you have your case number ready and I also called the Embassy in his country. I had to be persistent as they were trying to rush me off the phone but after telling the agent that my case was sent on August 23, 2008 from NVC. I mistakenly gave my name as the applicant, I guess that I am the petitioner. (Simple mistake to me but that simple mistake almost made me waste money on the call becuase she said "There is nothing here by that name". After I said excuse me Ma'am and kept asking questions THEN I got the appt. information. They doubled checked and gave me the date and time for the interview. Be patient but persistent. Keep your cool so that they will want to help you. Play the "game" with them, once you get the information you can called them whatever you like (as long as they cannot hear you)

Comment

Petition for Parents!

Hello Rakhee,

I am in the same situation. I have applied for my parents and also dealing with NVC now.

As just because I am one step ahead of you, thought will tell you my own experience. For 864, you are right, the instructions are not clear at all. I waited till I recieve the Bardcoded Sheet from NVC. And for DS-230, I sent in all the paperwork as soon as Online Payment System started showing the Status "PAID" for IV fee.

Hope it helps. Now I am just waiting for the RFE to be processed.

Thanks,
              Harpreet

Comment

thank you hpreet19,
                I need another help from you. does the applicant need to take the medical tests only after getting interview letter?
                somehow I remembered the medical tests are valid for one year, so the applicant can take it in advance. It would be helpful if you could tell me
                1. if medical reports were to be sent with ds 230.
                2. can we send proof of relationship documents along with ds 230, like my old indian passports, my school certificates etc.(these documents are asked by chennai consulate.)
                any advice would be helpful. thank you.

Comment

Rakhee,

AS my parents are going to interview in New Delhi Embassy.

The instructions did not mention anything about sending medical with DS-230. So i proceeded without Medical Reports. I guess it will be done once their case is completed and they are schdelued for the interviews.

Also, same thing for Proof of Relationship documents. I only sent the documents that were instructed on the NVC page. However, After sending the DS-230 forms with supporting docs, NVC generated the RFE(Request for Additional Evidence) - Petitioner's Original Birth Certificate and my original marriage certificate. I did sent it to them last week and they have recieved it on Sept 30. I am still waiting for either the case to be completed or if they need anything else. I know this wait time is killing but i think we r pretty close.

Please let me know if I can be of any other help to you.

Thanks,
                  Harpreet

Comment

I just filed I-864 for my husband. I paid online and once it was reflected as paid, i simply downloaded the cover document with my package and mailed it in and it was accepted. I didnt' wait for any aditional paperwork from NVC.

Comment

Hi Rakhee:

Form I-693 says that

"The results of the medical examination are generally valid for only 12 months. Applicants should schedule the medical examination as close as possible to the time they file for adjustment of status."

I need some help with my mom's IV petition. She is in West Mambalam, Chennai. Where do I apply for Police clearance certificate? Do I apply at the local police station or is there a district office where one must apply. Also, is there a standard form that one has to fill in? How do we ask for the following details in the police clearance certificate?

" * Cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in that area
                      * Be issued by the appropriate police authority
                      * Include all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the
                      disposition of each case of which there is a record.
                      "

Any help is appreciated.

r simman

Comment

Hi rsimm,
                        My mother first went to local police station. They instructed her to go to the head office. for her locality, the head office was at St. Thomas Mt. (might be differnt head office for West Mambalam, so start from local police station)
                        At that head office they asked for a letter requestion pcc then they asked her to submit the following

1. copy of voter I.D
                        2. copy of ration card
                        3. copy of passport
                        4. copy of case number sheet from NVC
                        5. and a form they issued
                        the form mostly consisted of passport details. she affixed a passport size photo on it.
                        in about two days a police came from local police station. he enquired about why she needs this document, where her children are, how long has she been living etc etc
                        then he asked for telephone bill, primary bank account front page.
                        then he asked two of our neighbours to give letter stating that she has been living there.
                        so, this is what happend so far.
                        you know, they only asked for details for the past 25 years and not entire life. so i'm a little nervous.
                        Hope it helps.

Comment

police clearance certificate

Hi Rakhee:
                          Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. In addition to the local PCC, do we need to provide PCC from the passport office as well? My mom's passport was re-issued more than a year ago.

Your mom's case seem to be proceeding well. Please do post your experience. All the best.

r simman

Comment

DS 230 form documents

Hello Hpreet19,

I have same case for my father who is supposed to go interview at New Delhi. I have a question regarding Ds 230 form-
                            1. what documents do we submit with DS 230 application here in NVC?
                            2. Do we have to submt DS 230 I and II parts both?
                            3. Do we have to submit original documents or their copies?

Please reply me, I would reall appreciate your help.

Thanks

Comment

Ds230 for New Delhi!!

Hi KKK-9

I sent the DS230 Part I and Part II both. However, Part I was only suppose to be signed.

For supporting documents, i sent the original of followings:

1. Birth Certificate for both mom and dad.
                              2. Marriage Certificate of Parents
                              3. Police Clearance Certificates from both Passport Office and Police District Office.
                              4. Photocopy of their passports Biographic Data Page.
                              5. 2 Passport Size pictures of them.

However, they issued a RFE(Request for Additional documents) a week later asking me to send mine Original Birth Certificate and Original Marriage Certificate(even though they have my Divorce Decree on file with USCIS). I had sent them both originals since Sept 29 and they recieved it on Sept 30, so its still under review. I was hoping to have their interview in November. But now the chances are dim because based on the experiences of people, they only schedule interview until the second week of month for the following month. But I am crossing my fingers and waiting for their next step anxiuosly.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
                              Hpreet

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X