Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK business visa refused, and ban applied for 10 years

Hi,

Six years back I had travelled to the UK on a work permit and returned back to my country, India, after 10 months. During this period my employer once got my stay extended for 9 months (my initial visa was for 6 months).

Recently, I applied for a business visit visa to the UK, which was rejected by the British high commission. The reason provided was that I had mentioned in my visa application that I had applied for an extension once and the application was successful. As per the British records, there was another application for extension of stay for an indefinite period that I had applied for subsequently, which was rejected by the home office. Accordingly the visa officer considered that I was not disclosing all the information with the intention of never returning from the UK and banned me from making any visa applications for 10 years.

I have never made any application for an extension for indefinite stay that the refusal letter has mentioned. The ban for 10 years has shattered me since now I am not only barred from visiting the UK, but any future visa applications for other countries would also be looked at in suspicion. I am a software professional, and not being able to travel abroad for business purposes would be a blow on my career.

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done about this.

In need of help,
    Mayur

HI Mayur

Dear Mr.Mayur

i have read your business visa refusal issue on the web.

i have the same situation so i would like to have your advice.

so did you get your visa later? what did you do?

Comment

Hi Ram Kumar,

My company followed up with the British high commission, and they later got back saying that there was an error in the processing of my visa application. They later requested me to send my passport and issued a visa.

I am not sure if this could be of any help to you, but hope that you get your visa.

Best wishes,
      Mayur

Comment

sorry. that was NOT march 2008 but its this year march 2009 - that i had my business visa refusal. i hope u r not confused

Comment

An option could be to write directly to the entry clearance manager at the consulate where your visa was refused, explaining the entire situation to him. You have a strong argument since you have returned back after so many visits to the UK.

If that does not work, you could possibly make a complaint, information about which could be found on the british high commission website.

Best of Luck,
          Mayur

Comment

Mayur

thanks mayur. by this months end - it comes to 30 working days. so i will make the next move on the 1st week of May.

thanks to your advice....

Comment

Uk visa ban

Hi ,Can someone please help me ? I recently applied for the uk visa and it came back rejected. The reason was that i failed to mention that a american visa was rejected in 2006. I had mistakenly overlooked this box and missed ticking yes. There was no reason i would withhold this information as i travelled to the us in 2008 on a valid visa. Further more i have travelled to europe in both 2006 and 2007. My work includes frequent travelling and i cant afford to have this ban. This was clearly a misunderstanding. Can anyone please suggest anyway for me to lift this ban ?

Comment

Hi Ram & Mayur

I have been rejected UK visa for not disclosing my USA (2005) Visa rejection details.

I have travelled to USA in 2007 & 2008 each 1 week & UK in 2007 & 2008 each 1 week.

This time i forgot to mention these details. Have you got the Visa? Please guide and help me.Thanks
                Babu

Comment

Uk visa ban

Hi babu , after a lot of research and advise i have realised the best option is to write directly to the deputy high commissioner of the consulate your visa was rejected. Thats what i did yesterday and hopefully it will work. Ram please let us know if you received the visa. Thanks

Comment

Having the same problem

I too have the same problem, I have traveled to 12 countries [including UK] without any problems. My visa was rejected once, I failed to mention it. I made a second application stating that it was genuine mistake.

They have still rejected and said that the ban applies. I was shattered for a while as there is no appeal against this case.

Did you find out anyway to present a case to high commissioner or someone.
                    Writing to the visa inquiry does not help as they are saying the same things again and again.

Comment

UK Visa Rejection

Hi Rohan

Thanks. I will also do the same. Ram, please update your status.

Comment

UK Visa Rejection

Hi Rohan,

Any update, what is that you have done? did you get your visa? please update. i am in the same situation. dont know what to do? please help

Comment

UK Business Visa Refusal

Hi Rohan, Please update your visa status? Have you got it? please let me know if anything else has to be done. please help me.

Comment

Any updates for the cases below

Hi Guys, I have the similar case(previous VISA rejection is not mentioned in the application), please let me know if any one you got succeeded to get the VISA.
                            RAM : Please let me know the update from your case.

Thanks

Comment

Hi guys

this is a stupid decision but the high commission has made strict rules these days. the only remedy available for all of us in judicial review and this would cost in the region of £2500 - £5000 depending upon the solicitor. the other options may be possible like contacting high commissioner etc. but the chances are very less. judicial review is a better option, this means you are challanging the entry clearance officer, but there is no guarantee you will win the case because you must prove you are genuine - so how do you prove you are genuine is in your hands or your solictors' hands. get in touch with a good immigration solicitor...GOOD LUCK and hope for the best. but mind you, they will look in your deep records so unless you are really genuine - it will be very hard.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X