Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card holder can renew the passport in India

Hi.

My father got Green card before one months but his passport is expired in November 2009.

He want to come in india Feb. 2009. After come in india he can renew the passport in India. Once again He is Green card holder.

Green card holder person, how much time can stay in india.

Further, What is procedure of renew the passport in USA. Renewal of passport in USA how much time take.

Please give the reply as soon as possible. Thanx.

Pankaj Patel

Dear Pankaj, Green Card holder ...

He want to come in India Feb. 2009. After come in India he can renew the passport in India. Once again He is Green card holder.

--> Yes, he can renew the Indian passport anywhere, in India or in United States.

Green card holder person, how much time can stay in India.

--> As pr Indian laws, the person is an Indian citizen, so he can live in India for as long as he wants to. However, if he wants to maintain the GC status in United States, then he needs to follow the applicable rules.

Further, What is procedure of renew the passport in USA. Renewal of passport in USA how much time take.

--> It's simpler and quicker to renew the Indian passport in United States than in India. Apply at the appropriate CGI in USA which is in your region.

Take care.

Comment

how much time take the renew passport in USA

Thanx for the immediate reply.

I want to know how much time take the renew passport in USA (i.e. week or 10 days).

My father is in Chicago where to apply the same if you know.

What is the fulform of CGI.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Regards
      Pankaj Patel

Comment

You need to ...

... do some research on your own too rather than asking each and every question.

It takes about a week or two to get an Indian passport in United States.

You need to check out the CGI websites in US and find out which is your regional CGI.

If your father's in Chicago, then there's one in Chicago.

CGI -> Consulate General of India

Take care.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X