Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recieved I-797 notice of action. what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recieved I-797 notice of action. what next?

I am a US citizen. I filed for my husband to adjust his status to that of a permanent resident. He is in the U.S. undocumented. I filed all the necessary forms including I485 and I130. He did his fingerprint in april, and we both attended the interview on may 7th 2009. The lady who did the interview said he needed the original copy of his arrest/dismissal record. She said not to send it until it is requested. I recieved the following mail this week.

I-797 notice of action

Case type:I-130 Immigrant petition for relative, fiance(e) , or orphan

Notice type: Approval Notice
    section: Husband or wife of US Citizen, 201(b) INA

It reads---
    The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the US and will apply for adjustment of status. He or she should contact the local USCIS office to obtain form I-485, application for permanent residence. A copy of this notice should be submitted with the application. ....

What does this mean? We already filed form I-485. Do we have to file it again? Thanks

Originally posted by aokusman View Post
    I am a US citizen. I filed for my husband to adjust his status to that of a permanent resident. He is in the U.S. undocumented. I filed all the necessary forms including I485 and I130. He did his fingerprint in april, and we both attended the interview on may 7th 2009. The lady who did the interview said he needed the original copy of his arrest/dismissal record. She said not to send it until it is requested. I recieved the following mail this week.

I-797 notice of action

Case type:I-130 Immigrant petition for relative, fiance(e) , or orphan

Notice type: Approval Notice
    section: Husband or wife of US Citizen, 201(b) INA

It reads---
    The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the US and will apply for adjustment of status. He or she should contact the local USCIS office to obtain form I-485, application for permanent residence. A copy of this notice should be submitted with the application. ....

What does this mean? We already filed form I-485. Do we have to file it again? Thanks
    No, you dont have to file I-485 again. In fact, you already had your AOS interview last May 7th. It's just that the officer needs more document from you before she could approve your hubby. Wait for the RFE (Request for Further Evidence) in the mail. That letter should contain what other documents USCIS need from you (eg, the original copy of his arrest/dismissal record). Then you will need to send that document back to USCIS together with the RFE as reference.

Comment

Received I-797 NOA

Hi my husband is a U.S citizen and he want to adjust my status to a permanent resident. Am in the U.S. My husband had filled all the necessary document when we get married in July 13th, 2011. he send in the form I-130 but he didn't send in G-325A and the Affidavits sworn.. Our from was rejected because i didn't sign a line and we resend it Sept 16th 2011 after signing. we didn't get an answer until few days ago. we received I-797 NOA.

CASE TYPE: I-130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE FIANCE (E), OR ORPHAN

NOTICE TYPE: RECEIPT NOTICE AND THE AMOUNT RECEIVED.
      SECTION: HUSBAND OR WIFE OR U.S. CITIZEN 201 (b) INA

It read. this notice confirms that uscis received your application or petition ("this case") as shown above. and also said this notice does not grant any immigration status or benefit, nor is it evidence that this case is still pending. it only shows that the application or petition was filled on the date shown..
      and it goes on.. so what is this saying. do we need to send in the G-325A and the Affidavit.? we need help..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X