04-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Hi Im on OPT , and i recently got a full time job, as SALES FORCE ADMINISTARTOR. Is it considered to be a IT Job.
I am worried as I need to apply for H1B Visa and I completed my masters in CS and wondering if sales force admin is considered to be an IT job or not...
Please help me on this
04-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Are you talking about salesforce.com which provides SaaS/PaaS type service? What does the job involve?
04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Yes it provides saas service.
and the job responsibilities include
* Create or modify SFDC Enterprise Edition CRM reports, dashboards, pages, fields, users, and other activities related to reporting and analytics to support the corporate salesforce application and the sales team. Help develop and maintain the lead management process.
* Contact leads developed through our website, through tradeshows, conferences, and workshops and validate that they are legitimate and/or still have interest in our products.
* Email brochures, white papers, or other information to a lead or customer when they need additional relevant information.
* Support lead nurturing activities which may include creating distribution lists, creating automated communication (email) campaigns and workflows, and following up where necessary to ensure the campaign is successful. Familiarity with Genius application a plus.
* Work with, support, and communicate with regional sales directors as necessary.
* Support email campaigns, webinars, trade shows, conferences and other sales related activities.
04-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Based on what you say, it does seem like an IT job AFAIK. Would you be making changes to the APIs etc as well or are you handling access management and licensing for the SF tools?