PDA

View Full Version : Calling All F2A's (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents)

Pages : [1] 2 3

visjig
05-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi to All,

The F3's (Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens) category have done this and it is so informative that I would like to ask all people in the F2A (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents) and F2B (Unmarried Sons and Daughters [21 years of age or older]) category to start contributing to this thread and post their PDs with progress made so far in their journey for receiving their immigrant visas.

I will start with my own PD which is 29July2008. I am spouse of PR. I am a UK citizen and currently in the UK.

The current date as per VB is 01Jan2008. The current date has moved nearly 19 months in the past two months. So I am hoping in the July or August VB, my PD will become current.

mt2644
05-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Hello Visjig,
Nice place you have here. I am looking forward to make any possible contributions to your thread.
MT

pike
05-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Hi Visjig and all others of the F2 A category,

I'm a member of the thread named "All F3's " (US citizen filing for a married son or daughter over 21) where we share any progress/or non progress:) regarding our petition among each other.

I invite all you F2A's to visit our thread, and maybe answer visjig's call for all F2a to share information in this thread.

Come on guys it helps when we can lean on each other for support knowing that there are others out there in the same boat.

We all know it's a very long and frustrating process, so I invite you here to even let some steam off....it's ok.:)

visjig
06-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Let me update you all with my F2A PD July 2008. My petitioner received the Choice of Address and Agent form on 07/06/2010 even though the VB July 2010 is not out yet and VB June 2010 has 01Jan2010 as PD!!!!

So I am guessing that my PD is now already current and they've started to process it. G8 news...............................

lionslayer611
06-23-2010, 04:51 AM
Hey guys! Im here joining in! I filed a petition for my wife and kids who are in the Phils. under F2A Cat.. Their priority date is April 2008, I just paid the fee for Aff. Of Supp. few weeks ago and sent it today (6/22/10) together with the cover sheet. F2A moved significantly during these past few months. I hope to be reunited with my family once again. It's been an agonizing experience to be away from my family. Will keep you guys updated on the process, for they usually say it takes 5 yrs from PD for the beneficiary to get to US. I hope not!

visjig
06-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey guys! Im here joining in! I filed a petition for my wife and kids who are in the Phils. under F2A Cat.. Their priority date is April 2008, I just paid the fee for Aff. Of Supp. few weeks ago and sent it today (6/22/10) together with the cover sheet. F2A moved significantly during these past few months. I hope to be reunited with my family once again. It's been an agonizing experience to be away from my family. Will keep you guys updated on the process, for they usually say it takes 5 yrs from PD for the beneficiary to get to US. I hope not!

Welcome. Your updates will be appreciated. Please if possible please update your timeline in the "Counsular Processing tracker".

If your PD is current then you shall get your I-864 soon. If not then next month as me.

Good luck.

jlev4
06-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi,
Thanks for starting this thread.
Just finished process of DS-230 (child under 21) and mailed it in. So will now sit back and wait for NVC to process it. The priority date is March 15 2009.

visjig
06-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Hi,
Thanks for starting this thread.
Just finished process of DS-230 (child under 21) and mailed it in. So will now sit back and wait for NVC to process it. The priority date is March 15 2009.

Thanks for posting. I'd encourage all F2A's to contribute to this thread and update their timeline in the "Counsular Processing" tracker as well.

I'm surprised that your PD is March 15 2009 and you have finished ur DS-230!!! As the current cut off date in VB July 2010 is 01Jul2008.!!!!!

One question, did you receive your I-864 as a weblink or did they send you the forms by post?

Good Luck.

jlev4
06-28-2010, 10:40 PM
From receiving the Choice of Agent forms to submitting the DS-230 took only 10 days.

We emailed Choice of Agent and paid I-864 fee online, printed the cover letter 2 days later (when it showed as paid) and mailed the I-864, paid the DS-230 fee (IV fee) online, printed the cover letter 2 days later and mailed the DS-230.

I know it seems early for me to have gotten this far when the PD is 3/15/2009 but I'm hopeful. This is an interesting piece from the CIS ombudsman

"Unused Family-Based Visas

During FY 2009 and FY 2010, usage of family-based visas has been exceptionally low, especially among spouses and children of green card holders (the F-2A preference category). In FY 2009, approximately 10,000 family-based visas were unused and, by statute, were reallocated for use by employment-based immigrants in FY 2010.

Given FY 2009 underutilization of family-based visas, the CIS Ombudsman has worked alongside United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of State (DOS) to monitor family-based visa usage in FY 2010. To enable more family-based visa applicants to become eligible for final processing, the Visa Bulletin cut-off dates have been accelerating significantly. Despite the fact that more family members are becoming eligible, demand for family-based visas remains weak. While efforts are underway to facilitate maximum utilization, a significant number of family-based visas may again go unused in FY 2010.

Rapid Visa Bulletin Movement

To illustrate this rapid movement it is helpful to compare select June 2009 and June 2010 cut-off dates from the DOS Visa Bulletins."

visjig
06-29-2010, 05:29 AM
That is a gr8 article.

I've also just paid my IV fee on-line thought their website. Also the AOS, I've filled the I-864 and printed the cover sheet and hoping that the payment for IV payment will be cleared by this weekend and next week I'll be ready to post that as well.

BTW-what embassy is your processing going to be?

Thanks for your reply once again.

Good luck.

Barikhan
06-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Hello all friends:

I am new in this forum,, i just want to mention that my priority date will be current in next month VB and still there is no record of my petition in National Visa Centre, i am worried about it. i am spouse of LPR and filled the petition in August 2008. In the month of May i have recieved NOA2 approval notice and since that approximately 50 days have been passed NVC not recieved my case from USCIS. What should i do??

visjig
06-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Hellow all friends:

I am new in this forum,, i just want to mention that my priority date will be current in next month VB and still there is no record of my petition in National Visa Centre, i am worried about it. i am spouse of LPR and filled the petition in August 2008. In the month of May i have recieved NOA2 approval notice and since that approximately 50 days have been passed NVC not recieved my case from USCIS. What should i do??

Thanks for posting and welcome.

Have you spoken to USCIS? What do they say?

Officially, untill your PD is current you will not hear anything about your case. As you see my PD even is still not current but I and others in this forum have already received DS-3032 and AOS and DS-230.

Let us know what happens and maybe we can post some more suggestions.

Good luck.

Barikhan
06-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for posting and welcome.

Have you spoken to USCIS? What do they say?

Officially, untill your PD is current you will not hear anything about your case. As you see my PD even is still not current but I and others in this forum have already received DS-3032 and AOS and DS-230.

Let us know what happens and maybe we can post some more suggestions.

Good luck.

Thanks for reply.. Please can u tell me about NVC processing time. On 8th May my petition have sent to NVC from USCIS and after couple of weeks i have called NVC to check my status but operator told me that we do not have record of your case.

visjig
06-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks for reply.. Please can u tell me about NVC processing time. On 8th May my petition have sent to NVC from USCIS and after couple of weeks i have called NVC to check my status but operator told me that we do not have record of your case.

Unfortunately there is no processing time for NVC. Your best option is to call USCIS on 1-800-375-5283.

Let me know what they say when you call.

Let us find your file!!!!!!!!

jlev4
06-29-2010, 08:17 PM
@ visjig Our embassy is Ireland.

It would be interesting to hear from any F2As that have interview dates scheduled.

visjig
06-30-2010, 03:52 AM
Great jlev4. Good luck.

One question to you, in the I-864 and I-864A forms - any sponsor submitting their pay stubs should be in originals or photocopies are acceptable?

Barikhan
06-30-2010, 05:47 AM
Unfortunately there is no processing time for NVC. Your best option is to call USCIS on 1-800-375-5283.

OK i will call USCIS.

Sir can u inform me about timeframe to get visa after recieving the form DS-3032 and further steps?

visjig
06-30-2010, 12:57 PM
OK i will call USCIS.

Sir can u inform me about timeframe to get visa after recieving the form DS-3032 and further steps?

I would say atleast 5-6 months if all your documents are perfect and there is no postal delay. Also the interview appointment would depend on how busy your local embassy is.

What country are you doing your consular processing from?

jlev4
06-30-2010, 10:16 PM
@visjig

The instructions for the I-864 say 'paystubs' not copy of paystubs.

However, we didn't submit any paystubs before for 2 visas for 'parent of citizen' and they got approved with no question.

This time for the F2a 'minor child of permanent resident' I printed out a copy of the electronic paystub and sent it in. There isn't an actual paystub as it's all online.

If the tax returns don't show high enough income, I think it's wise to send paystubs, but if the tax returns are consistently high, paystubs aren't required.

Barikhan
07-01-2010, 12:33 AM

Today i recieved the e-mail from NVCresearch and informed me that my petition is located in St. Bernardeno field office of USCIS. Can u inform me when it will reach to NVC.

visjig
07-01-2010, 12:59 AM
@visjig

The instructions for the I-864 say 'paystubs' not copy of paystubs.

However, we didn't submit any paystubs before for 2 visas for 'parent of citizen' and they got approved with no question.

This time for the F2a 'minor child of permanent resident' I printed out a copy of the electronic paystub and sent it in. There isn't an actual paystub as it's all online.

If the tax returns don't show high enough income, I think it's wise to send paystubs, but if the tax returns are consistently high, paystubs aren't required.

Cheers for that reply.

Also another question in DS-230:-
1.) Q 32 - Where it wants you to list all employment in the last 10 years. I have been employed by the same company for the past 7 years but I'm not in the same job title when I originally started with the company. Meaning for the first 3 years I worked with a different job title at a different location and since then I've had a promotion at a different location. So do I mention the same employer twice giving different job titles, their different locations and their respective dates?

2.) Q 35 - It want you to list previous visits to US. Where it says location, do I write the Port of Entry to the US location OR do I write the end destination. And in the "Type of Visa", I entered US under the Visa Waiver Program so what do I put in that field?

Thanks for your answers.

visjig
07-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Today i recieved the e-mail from NVCresearch and informed me that my petition is located in St. Bernardeno field office of USCIS. Can u inform me when it will reach to NVC.

Good news. Atleast they have located the file.

Now tell me are you presently in the US or outside? Also what is your priority date in the Notice of Action.

visjig
07-01-2010, 05:11 AM
i am from Pakistan.. and my priority date is August 1, 2008.

Does that mean that you currently are in Pakistan and your consular processing will be done by embassy in Pakistan?

........ well my priority date is 29-July-2008 and I am about to submit my I-864 and DS-230. So I am far ahead compared to your situation. Don't be disappointed you will hear from them soon.

Did USCIS say anything when you called up about when they are going to forward the file to NVC?

Barikhan
07-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Does that mean that you currently are in Pakistan and your consular processing will be done by embassy in Pakistan?

........ well my priority date is 29-July-2008 and I am about to submit my I-864 and DS-230. So I am far ahead compared to your situation. Don't be disappointed you will hear from them soon.

Did USCIS say anything when you called up about when they are going to forward the file to NVC?

Ok sir,
i did not call USCIS, i got the message from NVCresearch. Can u tell me about what is touch phone.. it is different from other telephon sets being used at home.

visjig
07-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Ok sir,
i did not call USCIS, i got the message from NVCresearch. Can u tell me about what is touch phone.. it is different from other telephon sets being used at home.

There are two kinds of phone dialling systems one is touch tone and another is pulse dialling. In old days there used to be pulse dialling in which you had to wait 4-5 seconds before dialling each digit of the telephone number. In touch tone dialling, it is straight away you dial the whole of the telephone number without any delay. I think nowadays Pakistan also has touch tone dialling system.

Call up USCIS and ask them an approx time when your file is suppose to be transferred to NVC.

Barikhan
07-01-2010, 08:48 AM
There are two kinds of phone dialling systems one is touch tone and another is pulse dialling. In old days there used to be pulse dialling in which you had to wait 4-5 seconds before dialling each digit of the telephone number. In touch tone dialling, it is straight away you dial the whole of the telephone number without any delay. I think nowadays Pakistan also has touch tone dialling system.

Call up USCIS and ask them an approx time when your file is suppose to be transferred to NVC.

i have recieved the approval notice in third week of May but still on USCIS website the status of my case is not changed and automated system at USCIS give me a same information as mentioned in the website (RFE)

jlev4
07-01-2010, 01:41 PM
@visjig

Q.32 Being clear and honest is best so I would mention the same employer twice giving different job titles, their different locations and their respective dates.

Q.35 I put end destination, (not the POE) and "Visa Waiver Program"

visjig
07-01-2010, 08:19 PM
@visjig

Q.32 Being clear and honest is best so I would mention the same employer twice giving different job titles, their different locations and their respective dates.

Q.35 I put end destination, (not the POE) and "Visa Waiver Program"

Thanks jlev4 you are a life saver.......... also can you be a star and have a looksy at my thread "Questions on I-864" and please suggest me.
"

rinitka
07-05-2010, 09:52 AM
hi, i am new to this and i need some advise:
I'm currently in US on the F1 status, and i'm married to green card holder.
we are planing to apply for i-130 and i'm wondering if anybody has a time frame of how long it will take to be approved (if anybody filed it recently)?
also if you have some advise on what to include to the package:
i know i have to include i-130, g-325 from me and my husband, marriage certificate.
we also have joint lease on the property.
Do i have to include my status papers???
thanks!!!

visjig
07-05-2010, 07:27 PM
hi, i am new to this and i need some advise:
I'm currently in US on the F1 status, and i'm married to green card holder.
we are planing to apply for i-130 and i'm wondering if anybody has a time frame of how long it will take to be approved (if anybody filed it recently)?
also if you have some advise on what to include to the package:
i know i have to include i-130, g-325 from me and my husband, marriage certificate.
we also have joint lease on the property.
Do i have to include my status papers???
thanks!!!

Hi rinitka,

Welcome to this thread.

I am not experienced in applying from within the US but read this http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/persons-in-us.html (Read the topic Marriage to Permanent Resident)

If you have any further questions/queries please post.

Good luck

jlev4
07-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi all F2A's,
A poster on another forum said she called NVC to ask about her case. She was told that the Aug bulletin would show our category's PD moving to March 2009. I don't know how reliable the information is but I can't help being excited!

"Hi Guys,
So I called NVC this morning to check they received my AOS and DS-230, they told they received it but not updated in the system. There was no update for AUGUST BULLETIN, when I asked them they said the next
Bulletin is for AUGUST is MARCH 2009 2A, I was excited cuz mine is Feb 2009, so I thaught I share with you all.
Good Luck."

ritzee
07-08-2010, 05:43 PM
My PD is april 2008 , still my case is not approved .. In january i got a letter stating that my case has been sent to the nbc .. im an lpr and i have applied for my minor son under f2a category .. what should i do ?

visjig
07-09-2010, 01:30 AM
My PD is april 2008 , still my case is not approved .. In january i got a letter stating that my case has been sent to the nbc .. im an lpr and i have applied for my minor son under f2a category .. what should i do ?

Hi ritzee,

Thanks for posting.

Did you try calling the NVC on 603-334-0700?

Let us know what happens.

Good luck.

ritzee
07-09-2010, 05:24 AM
Hi ritzee,

Thanks for posting.

Did you try calling the NVC on 603-334-0700?

Let us know what happens.

Good luck.

My case has not been approved by USCIS yet ..so i think there is no point in contacting NVC . Do have an idea of what must have happened? :(

visjig
07-09-2010, 06:17 PM
My case has not been approved by USCIS yet ..so i think there is no point in contacting NVC . Do have an idea of what must have happened? :(

Guessing would just be insane on my part. I would suggest that you phone up USCIS and then if not satisfied get an Infopass appointment if you are in the USA.

I hope you have the phone number of USCIS.

Good luck and keep us posted.

geetika2004
07-12-2010, 06:07 AM
My daughter is in F2b (although she got a letter from the NVC with her case no. stating she is F2A - then when we called them they said she is under F2B) PD is June 2006. F2B line has moved almost a year in the last 2 months. We are waiting for the Aug 2010 visa bulletin to see how far the line has moved

Hi to All,

The F3's (Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens) category have done this and it is so informative that I would like to ask all people in the F2A (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents) and F2B (Unmarried Sons and Daughters [21 years of age or older]) category to start contributing to this thread and post their PDs with progress made so far in their journey for receiving their immigrant visas.

I will start with my own PD which is 29July2008. I am spouse of PR. I am a UK citizen and currently in the UK.

The current date as per VB is 01Jan2008. The current date has moved nearly 19 months in the past two months. So I am hoping in the July or August VB, my PD will become current.

mid
07-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Hi all
I am in F2A Category as my husband is a green card holder. My PD is February 2007 and i was notified by NVC in january 2010 to fill in Choice of agant forms and pay some fees. Getting the required civil documents took some time and my case was finally closed on the 21st of april 2010. I made a request to change my interview location to london as i reside now in london and my case was reopened again. It took them a while to close my case back on the 30th of june 2010 and now i am awaiting my interview date. Its been a very challenging and frustrating journey and i just want to encourage all of us. I will keep you posted when i get my interview date!!!
Goodluck to all of us!!

visjig
07-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi all
I am in F2A Category as my husband is a green card holder. My PD is February 2007 and i was notified by NVC in january 2010 to fill in Choice of agant forms and pay some fees. Getting the required civil documents took some time and my case was finally closed on the 21st of april 2010. I made a request to change my interview location to london as i reside now in london and my case was reopened again. It took them a while to close my case back on the 30th of june 2010 and now i am awaiting my interview date. Its been a very challenging and frustrating journey and i just want to encourage all of us. I will keep you posted when i get my interview date!!!
Goodluck to all of us!!

Hi Welcome. Thanks for posting.

I am in London as well. My I-864 will be going soon and then DS-230 will be following it. Just waiting for some documents for DS-230.

Keep us posted.

Good luck.

Barikhan
07-20-2010, 02:19 AM
i have recieved the approval notice in third week of May but still on USCIS website the status of my case is not changed and automated system at USCIS give me a same information as mentioned in the website (RFE)

visjig
07-20-2010, 05:16 AM

Can you be more specific? What is the status of your case on the USCIS website?

Barikhan
07-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Can you be more specific? What is the status of your case on the USCIS website?

The USCIS website shows Request for Evidence but in May 2010 I have recieved the approval notice from USCIS.

sahsan
07-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi all
Goodluck to all of us!!

Hi thanks for sharing your story
I had a question. When you say your PD was 2007 do you mean that you applied in 2007 or your I-130 was approved in 2007? just wanted some details as to how long its taking for the USCIS to approve your I-130 and how long its taking for NVC to process the case. Thank you so much
I am in the process of sending my husband's petition. Its so frustrating having to wait for years just to unite with your spouse and having your life on hold. Also if anyone could answer the following question: My husband is in the process of extending his visa for where he lives (UK) so I wanted to know that when I send in his passport's copy with his I-130 do I need to send in a copy of his visa (which means I have to wait till his passport comes back with the visa before sending his I-130) or should I just send a letter stating that his visa extention is in pending?
thank you and please keep posting your timelines and updates for F2A!

visjig
07-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi thanks for sharing your story
I had a question. When you say your PD was 2007 do you mean that you applied in 2007 or your I-130 was approved in 2007? just wanted some details as to how long its taking for the USCIS to approve your I-130 and how long its taking for NVC to process the case. Thank you so much
I am in the process of sending my husband's petition. Its so frustrating having to wait for years just to unite with your spouse and having your life on hold.

Hi there. Thanks for posting. Well Priority Date, Receipt date and Notice date for I-130 will all be different. Just keep your eye on the Visa bulletin as dates are moving very fast recently. Maybe in next couple of months it will be 2010 processing!!!!! Have a look here as well http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/application-procedures.html

Also if anyone could answer the following question: My husband is in the process of extending his visa for where he lives (UK) so I wanted to know that when I send in his passport's copy with his I-130 do I need to send in a copy of his visa (which means I have to wait till his passport comes back with the visa before sending his I-130) or should I just send a letter stating that his visa extension is in pending?

There is no need to send the photocopy of the visa of UK with I-130. Also no need to send any letter explaining any details about pending UK visa application.

Is your husband going to do his consular processing from the UK? or somewhere else?

thank you and please keep posting your timelines and updates for F2A!

[B]Most of us have updated our timelines in the trackers for I-130 and Consular processing tracker. Please have a look here http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/ and also update yours when you have one!!!!!!

Keep us posted. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Good luck.

jlev4
07-22-2010, 09:00 PM
From receiving the Choice of Agent forms to submitting the DS-230 took only 10 days.

We emailed Choice of Agent and paid I-864 fee online, printed the cover letter 2 days later (when it showed as paid) and mailed the I-864, paid the DS-230 fee (IV fee) online, printed the cover letter 2 days later and mailed the DS-230.

I know it seems early for me to have gotten this far when the PD is 3/15/2009 but I'm hopeful.

Just to give an update on our case - it was completed by NVC on 7/9/2010.

(For details see quote above. Also, the DS-230 was mailed to nvc on 6/25/2010. The sign-in failed for me on 7/17/2010.)

visjig
07-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Just to give an update on our case - it was completed by NVC on 7/9/2010.

(For details see quote above. Also, the DS-230 was mailed to nvc on 6/25/2010. The sign-in failed for me on 7/17/2010.)

Wow. Good news.

My DS-230 has been sent by courier on 07/20/2010. And I-864 was sent this Monday as well. Hoping that NVC completes by end of July and my sign-in fails soon!!! Never been so happy about a "login" to fail!!!!

sa23
07-23-2010, 10:07 AM
i want to know the meaning of priority date and received date.
can any1 tell .I am a GC holder and filed for my husband in march 2010.i received the receipt with received date 21 march2010.is dat the priority date or is it diffrent...plz let me know

visjig
07-23-2010, 10:27 AM
i want to know the meaning of priority date and received date.
can any1 tell .I am a GC holder and filed for my husband in march 2010.i received the receipt with received date 21 march2010.is dat the priority date or is it diffrent...plz let me know

On the receipt which you received there should be "Priority date". That priority date is like a date which you have in a queue. Currently everyone having priority date before 01March2009 are being processed. Received date is a bit insignificant once your petition has been approved. Priority date is the important one.

I hope this explains.

Good luck.

sa23
07-23-2010, 01:04 PM
On the receipt which you received there should be "Priority date". That priority date is like a date which you have in a queue. Currently everyone having priority date before 01March2009 are being processed. Received date is a bit insignificant once your petition has been approved. Priority date is the important one.

I hope this explains.

Good luck.

i have not yet received the approval notice on which priority date appears.but accd to the bulletin its 01 march 2009 nd looking at the fast pace of da process i believe my interview to be sheduled in oct 2010 or nov 2010 bt m nt getng any further info.can u plz tel me how much time they usually take for sendng the approval letter .

visjig
07-23-2010, 01:20 PM
i have not yet received the approval notice on which priority date appears.but accd to the bulletin its 01 march 2009 nd looking at the fast pace of da process i believe my interview to be sheduled in oct 2010 or nov 2010 bt m nt getng any further info.can u plz tel me how much time they usually take for sendng the approval letter .

Ok. They took nearly 2 years to send my I-797 Notice of Action. There is no way of predicting these things. Looking at the pace of the movements, I think you'll hear something very soon.

Good luck and keep faith.

sahsan
07-25-2010, 02:19 AM
Hi there. Thanks for posting. Well Priority Date, Receipt date and Notice date for I-130 will all be different. Just keep your eye on the Visa bulletin as dates are moving very fast recently. Maybe in next couple of months it will be 2010 processing!!!!! Have a look here as well http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/application-procedures.html

There is no need to send the photocopy of the visa of UK with I-130. Also no need to send any letter explaining any details about pending UK visa application.

Is your husband going to do his consular processing from the UK? or somewhere else?

[B]Most of us have updated our timelines in the trackers for I-130 and Consular processing tracker. Please have a look here http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/ and also update yours when you have one!!!!!!

Keep us posted. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Good luck.

Thank you for responding :)
Well he was thinking of having it process in the UK, but I am not sure whether he should do it there or from the country of his nationality? Should it be done at the country of his current residence? Switching from one embassy to another last minute will delay the process, correct?

Could you post your timeline please? I am nervous about how long its taking for people to move from step a to b in this whole thing.
My dentist said she petitioned for her husband in 2001 or 2002 (don't remember the exact year) and her husband was able to come within 2 years! and she said she was not a citizen at that time either

thank you
Also any 2007 applicants here who's spouses have already immigrated to the US? Please share your time line as well thank you

Also wanted to ask about the possibilities of retrogressing? Does anyone know whether it has happened in the past for F2A cases? I really hope it doesn't happen after August :/

sahsan
07-25-2010, 02:40 AM

Hey could you keep us informed with your situation :)
You seem to be the only one here so far who recently applied other than me (in the process of sending the application out).

I really hope things don't slow down all of a sudden!

sa23
07-25-2010, 04:56 AM
Hey could you keep us informed with your situation :)
You seem to be the only one here so far who recently applied other than me (in the process of sending the application out).

I really hope things don't slow down all of a sudden!

ya sure i would keep u informed....even m worried dat thngs should not slow down....when did u apply??how far is your process completed??

visjig
07-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Thank you for responding :)
Well he was thinking of having it process in the UK, but I am not sure whether he should do it there or from the country of his nationality? Should it be done at the country of his current residence? Switching from one embassy to another last minute will delay the process, correct?

Could you post your timeline please? I am nervous about how long its taking for people to move from step a to b in this whole thing.
My dentist said she petitioned for her husband in 2001 or 2002 (don't remember the exact year) and her husband was able to come within 2 years! and she said she was not a citizen at that time either

thank you
Also any 2007 applicants here who's spouses have already immigrated to the US? Please share your time line as well thank you

Also wanted to ask about the possibilities of retrogressing? Does anyone know whether it has happened in the past for F2A cases? I really hope it doesn't happen after August :/

Your husband can have his interview and other processing done in London but then is it 100% certain that your husband will be present in London when the medical & interview comes up? This is a question that you need to discuss with your husband. Also being a non-UK citizen, your husband will need Police Clearance from your home country and to get that he will have to anyways go to your home country to see that process through.

Having his consular processing done in London depends on what kind of UK visa does he hold as well - like a student visa or a work visa and the expiry & likely extension of that visa as well. Having consular processing post in your home country has advantages like you can go to your home country whenever the processing comes up compared to have your processing done in a foreign country where you can encounter problems like gaining entry if your current visa is not extended. In this situation changing the consular post at the last moment could further delay your file.

To post my timeline here is a bit difficult for me that is why my timeline is in the consular tracker. But let me say that I put my I-130 in July 2008 and in March 2010 it was approved with I-797. My timeline will be totally irrelevant to determine your process as things have moved very fast this year.

I would suggest that you ASAP decide your consular processing post and send your I-130 quickly without any delay.

Good luck

sahsan
07-25-2010, 05:06 PM
ya sure i would keep u informed....even m worried dat thngs should not slow down....when did u apply??how far is your process completed??

I have not sent in my application yet due to documents delay from my husband :(. I am also confused about where to have his consular processing done from. Ugh life.

I am 3 years away from becoming a citizen :eek: so thats not an option either. Sigh.

Lets keep hoping things don't slow down. Hopefully we'll see some quick results from the other people here.

sahsan
07-25-2010, 05:36 PM
thanks for responding Visjig

Does the country of consular processing have a significant affect on the entire processing time? That is the only concern for me, that if we have the consular processing done at his home country then it might take longer. Or am I mistaken?
Btw what did you mean by a log-in fail in one of your previous posts?

visjig
07-25-2010, 06:36 PM
thanks for responding Visjig

Does the country of consular processing have a significant affect on the entire processing time? That is the only concern for me, that if we have the consular processing done at his home country then it might take longer. Or am I mistaken?
Btw what did you mean by a log-in fail in one of your previous posts?

Consular processing makes no difference on the entire processing time. Only mexico and dom republic are a bit behind then the rest of the world according to the Visa bulletin. See here http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/visa-bulletin.jsp

What is your home country may I ask? and what status is your husband in the U.S.A. I still personally feel that home country would be the best course of action.

You are far from the stage were the "login" fail process comes to you. I'll let you know when you are near.

Good luck.

sahsan
07-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Consular processing makes no difference on the entire processing time. Only mexico and dom republic are a bit behind then the rest of the world according to the Visa bulletin. See here http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/visa-bulletin.jsp

What is your home country may I ask? and what status is your husband in the U.S.A. I still personally feel that home country would be the best course of action.

You are far from the stage were the "login" fail process comes to you. I'll let you know when you are near.

Good luck.

i believe you mixed me up as the one being petitioned. I am petitioning for my husband who lives in the Uk and his nationality is pakistani.
I am going to ask my representative about this because she hasn't mentioned anything about where my husband should have the consular processing done.
thanks though!
Oh and I see that the visa bulletin for August has moved PD to March 2009 wow! Keeping my hopes up here.

visjig
07-28-2010, 02:23 AM
i believe you mixed me up as the one being petitioned. I am petitioning for my husband who lives in the Uk and his nationality is pakistani.
I am going to ask my representative about this because she hasn't mentioned anything about where my husband should have the consular processing done.
thanks though!
Oh and I see that the visa bulletin for August has moved PD to March 2009 wow! Keeping my hopes up here.

No I'm not confused about your situation. I know that you are the petitioner and will file for your husband. When I asked "what is your home country", I meant what is the home country of your husband.

So you have got a "representative" working on your case!!! Does that mean you're availing the services of a attorney? Be careful.

Good luck

sahsan
07-29-2010, 11:42 PM
No I'm not confused about your situation. I know that you are the petitioner and will file for your husband. When I asked "what is your home country", I meant what is the home country of your husband.

So you have got a "representative" working on your case!!! Does that mean you're availing the services of a attorney? Be careful.

Good luck

Oh ok. Sorry about that.

Thank you for the warning. Well I know the attorney since she was my family's representative in the past . So I am not worried about that, although I understand that people have had bad experiences with attorneys.
Anyways thank you and hope to keep hearing from you on your update :).

sa23
08-13-2010, 02:22 PM
da next VB shows 1JAN 2010...i filed in march 2010 bt still did not get my priority date...process is going really fast nd i have really no clue wats gonna happen next:confused:

visjig
08-13-2010, 06:12 PM
da next VB shows 1JAN 2010...i filed in march 2010 bt still did not get my priority date...process is going really fast nd i have really no clue wats gonna happen next:confused:

Don't worry. Keep faith. Unless your PD becomes currents there is no knowing what is going on. Your approval notice could be on its way to you so keep checking that post box.

Good luck.

jewel
08-14-2010, 11:50 PM

hello sa23! am in the same situation as yours.. my lpr husband filed an I-130 petition for me on march 2010. he received the receipt notice dated march 17, 2010 but the priority date box is blank..no date is written there.. he hasn't received any approval notice yet. we're crossing fingers that the petition will be approved soon. we're also clueless on what's gonna happen next.. :confused:

sa23
08-15-2010, 01:13 AM
hello sa23! am in the same situation as yours.. my lpr husband filed an I-130 petition for me on march 2010. he received the receipt notice dated march 17, 2010 but the priority date box is blank..no date is written there.. he hasn't received any approval notice yet. we're crossing fingers that the petition will be approved soon. we're also clueless on what's gonna happen next.. :confused:hey good to know atleast thers someone sailing in da same boat.my receipt date is 29th march 2010.i guess we will be getng approval nd furthr papers within a month or two.ithink now they will go slow and take only 1 month cases each month instead of such a big lot...keeping fingers crossed:)

sa23
09-03-2010, 01:31 PM
hey good to know atleast thers someone sailing in da same boat.my receipt date is 29th march 2010.i guess we will be getng approval nd furthr papers within a month or two.ithink now they will go slow and take only 1 month cases each month instead of such a big lot...keeping fingers crossed:)
Hey jewel did u get any further corespondence from visa center????

jewel
09-03-2010, 11:34 PM
i haven't received any correspondence from them yet - no approval notice or request for additional docs whatsoever.. how about you? the next visa bulletin will be released next week.. hopefully it will cover march 2010 and hopefully our petition will be approved so that we'll know what to do next.. for now, we're groping in the dark, hopeful to see some light soon.

sa23
09-05-2010, 11:52 AM
i haven't received any correspondence from them yet - no approval notice or request for additional docs whatsoever.. how about you? the next visa bulletin will be released next week.. hopefully it will cover march 2010 and hopefully our petition will be approved so that we'll know what to do next.. for now, we're groping in the dark, hopeful to see some light soon.
even i dint receive any further notice..if they cover march 2010 in next VB then i guess we will b scheduled for interview for da mnth of oct.but dats not posbl as we dont have our paper work done till date....Uuuuhhh these things r just confusng me:confused:lets c what da next VB has in store for us

jhp
09-09-2010, 06:21 PM
grt news..........that f2a cut off date is 1st april 2010 but what does it mean....i have my filing date 22 july 2010......so does it mean all ppl before 1st april 2010 is being processed next month????plz help ..i m confused

jhp
09-09-2010, 06:52 PM
is there any person in f2a category whose priority date in 2010 and who is processing with agent form or any other processing???

sa23
09-10-2010, 01:10 AM
is there any person in f2a category whose priority date in 2010 and who is processing with agent form or any other processing???

hi.i have my filing date march 2010.did u get ur priority date????

jhp
09-10-2010, 02:13 PM
hi.i have my filing date march 2010.did u get ur priority date????

hi...
i have ot get my file approved but my filing date is july 2010....have u got ur file approved??? and do u get any letter from nvc regarding visa????

visjig
09-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Very nice to know that all are progressing very well.

Just to let you all know from a recent personal experience. If in any documents that you have to send to the NVC or USCIS which require you to prove a relationship please make sure that you send birth certificates for the same.

Applicants esp from India please do not depend on the details in your passports to prove your relationship as siblings.

Good luck.

sa23
09-12-2010, 03:27 AM
hi...
i have ot get my file approved but my filing date is july 2010....have u got ur file approved??? and do u get any letter from nvc regarding visa????

hi
did u get papers of aproval from nvc on which its written dat ur priority date is july 2010???did you get your case number???coz i think from now on priority date and filing date are diferent coz i filed in march 2010 n dont have my priority date yet..if priority date and filing date are same then i am scheduled for interview at embassy in Oct but i dont have any papaers in my hand yet..nvc sends us letter regarding our visa...

sa23
09-12-2010, 03:30 AM

did u check da next VB? its april 2010...wats ur progress???did u get any letter???

jewel
09-12-2010, 03:51 AM
did u check da next VB? its april 2010...wats ur progress???did u get any letter???

we haven't yet received any letter whatsoever from the USCIS or NVC abt notice of petition approval and further processing.. we're hoping anytime this month we'll receive such notice for us to get through with the dilemma of waiting for so long..how abt you?

sa23
09-12-2010, 09:29 AM
we haven't yet received any letter whatsoever from the USCIS or NVC abt notice of petition approval and further processing.. we're hoping anytime this month we'll receive such notice for us to get through with the dilemma of waiting for so long..how abt you?

even i did not get anything yet.which service center is processing your case???wher did u get the first letter from??

jewel
09-12-2010, 08:21 PM
even i did not get anything yet.which service center is processing your case???wher did u get the first letter from??

Our case no. starts with WAC*** so our service center is california.. we also check the processing time in california.. it was posted there that as of june 2010 the last case they processed was july 14, 2009. the t processing time is updated every 15th of the month, so it will again be updated on wednesday most probably..

sa23
09-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Our case no. starts with WAC*** so our service center is california.. we also check the processing time in california.. it was posted there that as of june 2010 the last case they processed was july 14, 2009. the t processing time is updated every 15th of the month, so it will again be updated on wednesday most probably..

even my service center is california and even i checked its last update.its really slow..it was still july 2009.with dat speed it will take 8 mths probably then...

plal
09-13-2010, 12:01 AM
but the update from california cervice center is as of june 30, 2010.. there is no recent update.. so hopefully the new date might have gone farther.. we have to wait until the new update comes up!!!!!!!!!!

jewel
09-13-2010, 12:32 AM
but the update from california cervice center is as of june 30, 2010.. there is no recent update.. so hopefully the new date might have gone farther.. we have to wait until the new update comes up!!!!!!!!!!

yeah that's true.. they should have updated it til august 2010 so we'll have a hint on when our papers will be processed. let's just hope that to date they are already processing our papers.. let's keep the faith..

jewel
09-13-2010, 12:38 AM
...and i think they are processing an average of 3 to 4 months PD each month in the california service center, so i am very hopeful that our papers are already being processed this september or next month.. let's just be more patient in waiting.. before we know it, it's already our turn..

jewel
09-15-2010, 06:34 PM
even my service center is california and even i checked its last update.its really slow..it was still july 2009.with dat speed it will take 8 mths probably then...

hey have u seen the current processing time for california? it says there that F2A category is "5 months", so that means that they are already processing the latest PD, so our papers will be processed the soonest time.. that's one great news!!!

plal
09-15-2010, 11:21 PM
finally USCIS has updtaed the field office processing dates.. for F2A it shows that it only takes 5months now.. this is as of july 31, 2010.. goodluck to u guys...!

sa23
09-16-2010, 04:49 AM
hey have u seen the current processing time for california? it says there that F2A category is "5 months", so that means that they are already processing the latest PD, so our papers will be processed the soonest time.. that's one great news!!!
dats really a great news...now i just hoope we get da papers soon:)

sa23
09-16-2010, 11:15 AM

hey i saw my case status 2day.my case got approved and now its in post decision activity.they mailed my papers.m waiting to receive them any time now..:)

jewel
09-16-2010, 06:31 PM
hey i saw my case status 2day.my case got approved and now its in post decision activity.they mailed my papers.m waiting to receive them any time now..:)

that's a big wow!! mine is still in initial review status.. hope it will be approved soon..

plal
09-16-2010, 10:47 PM
... so we are all glad that now it will only take 5months.. u guys are pioneers in this regard, I am just a beginner.. my priority date is aug 20, 2010, LPR filed for spouse.. when it says 5months, is it the time for the whole process, meaning until the visa is granted or just the approval... I am confused.. pls reply...

jewel
09-16-2010, 11:12 PM
... so we are all glad that now it will only take 5months.. u guys are pioneers in this regard, I am just a beginner.. my priority date is aug 20, 2010, LPR filed for spouse.. when it says 5months, is it the time for the whole process, meaning until the visa is granted or just the approval... I am confused.. pls reply...

yeah, i have the same question in mind too... anyone who can answer our query please?! thank u so much.. i signed in to my account in USCIS website, and it says there that my case was last updated on sept.16, 2010..we're waiting for their email regarding our case status..

jewel
09-17-2010, 11:16 AM
i got some great news today: my case was approved sept.16, 2010 and my case status is now in post decision activity!! :) the notice with the instructions were already mailed..we'll just have to wait for it and see what's the next step..

sahsan
09-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi guys!
so I received my notice of Receipt I believe and it says my Priority date is Aug 14
so what should I expect now? What happens after the PD is current? How long is it taking for you guys?
thanks!

sahsan
09-17-2010, 08:26 PM
The notice I received gave me my filing date and my priority date
so I am guessing that's my PD?

sa23
09-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Hi guys!
so I received my notice of Receipt I believe and it says my Priority date is Aug 14
so what should I expect now? What happens after the PD is current? How long is it taking for you guys?
thanks!
hi
notice of receipt doesnt give u the PD.it comes with the approval notice.u have to wait until ur case gets approved.then u will get ur PD.

sa23
09-18-2010, 12:34 AM
i got some great news today: my case was approved sept.16, 2010 and my case status is now in post decision activity!! :) the notice with the instructions were already mailed..we'll just have to wait for it and see what's the next step..

hey do u have any idea where they mail us approval notice?do they mail it to our US address or they send it to the beneficiery.they mailed me on 13 sep 2010 but i have not received yet.

jewel
09-18-2010, 12:58 AM
hey do u have any idea where they mail us approval notice?do they mail it to our US address or they send it to the beneficiery.they mailed me on 13 sep 2010 but i have not received yet.

i think the approval notice will be mailed to the petitioner..:)

sahsan
09-18-2010, 02:17 AM
hi
notice of receipt doesnt give u the PD.it comes with the approval notice.u have to wait until ur case gets approved.then u will get ur PD.

Oh I see
so whats the priority date on the notice of receipt? :confused:

jewel
09-18-2010, 04:14 AM
Oh I see
so whats the priority date on the notice of receipt? :confused:

PD is not written in the receipt notice.. i think it can only be seen in the APPROVAL notice..

sahsan
09-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Ok nevermind
I don't know why there is a PD printed on my receipt.
confusing

abba114
09-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Ok nevermind
I don't know why there is a PD printed on my receipt.
confusing

Hi, I filed in August too...
My PD is printed on my recipt as well.
I think they are moving so fast, they are printing all the PD now w/o approval.

abba114
09-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Any of you doing AOS in USA?

sahsan
09-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi, I filed in August too...
My PD is printed on my recipt as well.
I think they are moving so fast, they are printing all the PD now w/o approval.

Do you think thats the PD then? Because others here have said they didn't have a PD printed on their receipt when they filed and I was shocked to see a PD printed on mine.

is anyone here near their interview stage?

Also, does it take up to 5 months for the I-130 to be approved?

abba114
09-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Do you think thats the PD then? Because others here have said they didn't have a PD printed on their receipt when they filed and I was shocked to see a PD printed on mine.

is anyone here near their interview stage?

Also, does it take up to 5 months for the I-130 to be approved?

I think PD is printed only on July/August filers
There is no interview for I130
It seems like it will take 5 months to get it approval.
Does anyone here file for I485 already?

froggy
09-20-2010, 10:03 PM
i submitted my DS 230 for my husband lat month still waiting for their respond i called NVC to follow up they said it usually takes a month but its been a month already, i have not received anything from them yet.. i finished submitting all the requirements like choice of agent and afffidavit of support. i believe Im waiting for schedule of interview...mt PD is Feb 17, 2009. should i call NVC again?

caliama
09-21-2010, 07:43 AM
I'm a green card holder, filled for my husband. My PD date is March 22, 2010. I got the I-130 approved on Sept 13, 2010(after 5 months) ... Now I'm waiting on NVC to send me the new case number and what's the next stepts.

Is NVC going to contact my husband for "Contact of Agent" in my country or over here in US? (My husband is not in US yet.

caliama
09-21-2010, 07:44 AM
I think PD is printed only on July/August filers
There is no interview for I130
It seems like it will take 5 months to get it approval.
Does anyone here file for I485 already?

The PD is printed in all papers but only on the aprroval notice you will actually see what your date is.

visjig
09-21-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm a green card holder, filled for my husband. My PD date is March 22, 2010. I got the I-130 approved on Sept 13, 2010(after 5 months) ... Now I'm waiting on NVC to send me the new case number and what's the next stepts.

Is NVC going to contact my husband for "Contact of Agent" in my country or over here in US? (My husband is not in US yet.

Hi there. Choice of Agent form will be sent in the post to both you and your husband in the addresses specified on the I-130. So don't worry about that.

Also you can try ringing the NVC automated system and then follow the prompts to know your NVC case number.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

visjig
09-21-2010, 08:03 AM
i submitted my DS 230 for my husband lat month still waiting for their respond i called NVC to follow up they said it usually takes a month but its been a month already, i have not received anything from them yet.. i finished submitting all the requirements like choice of agent and afffidavit of support. i believe Im waiting for schedule of interview...mt PD is Feb 17, 2009. should i call NVC again?

Officially it says 4-6 weeks to review anything you send to NVC until you hear a response. But according to my recent experience they reply within 20 working days if they need anything extra. You can ring the NVC automated voice system and then see if your case has generated any response.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

sa23
09-21-2010, 08:12 AM

even i got my PD.its 21 march 2010.accd to VB cases with PD before 1 april 2010 are scheduled for interview in Oct 2010.So even we are included in that,wat do we have to do next as we have not yet submited any form?

visjig
09-21-2010, 08:24 AM
even i got my PD.its 21 march 2010.accd to VB cases with PD before 1 april 2010 are scheduled for interview in Oct 2010.So even we are included in that,wat do we have to do next as we have not yet submited any form?

Hi sa23,

As far as I know the VB only indicates if your PD is current for processing. When your PD becomes current as per VB then the NVC will start to send you forms and invoices. It is the NVC who after checking all your documents and evidence of financial support schedules the interview. You need to keeps your fingers crossed for the NVC to contact you. If your PD is current and you have heard nothing from NVC then call NVC and speak to them. If you are doing adjustment of status then call USCIS.

Good luck.

caliama
09-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi there. Choice of Agent form will be sent in the post to both you and your husband in the addresses specified on the I-130. So don't worry about that.

Also you can try ringing the NVC automated system and then follow the prompts to know your NVC case number.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

DO you have the number for NVC automated system?

visjig
09-21-2010, 09:37 AM
DO you have the number for NVC automated system?

(001) - 603-334-0700. Listen carefully to the options. It wil ask you which language you want to hear, then it will ask your USCIS case number.

Good luck.

sa23
09-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi sa23,

As far as I know the VB only indicates if your PD is current for processing. When your PD becomes current as per VB then the NVC will start to send you forms and invoices. It is the NVC who after checking all your documents and evidence of financial support schedules the interview. You need to keeps your fingers crossed for the NVC to contact you. If your PD is current and you have heard nothing from NVC then call NVC and speak to them. If you are doing adjustment of status then call USCIS.

Good luck.
i have not yet submitted financial support papers as they have not asked me till now.They mailed my approval receipt on 13sep 2010,so should i wait for some time or contact them right away.I have not been alotted a case number so far.how long does it usually take from this step upto interview???

visjig
09-21-2010, 12:50 PM
i have not yet submitted financial support papers as they have not asked me till now.They mailed my approval receipt on 13sep 2010,so should i wait for some time or contact them right away.I have not been alotted a case number so far.how long does it usually take from this step upto interview???

As you must have heard everywhere - there is no time estimates. As everything depends on when NVC contacts you and what documents they require off you. If your PD is current and you've heard nothing then contact NVC and speak with em. If not then just wait for your PD to get current.

Good luck.

caliama
09-21-2010, 07:12 PM
(001) - 603-334-0700. Listen carefully to the options. It wil ask you which language you want to hear, then it will ask your USCIS case number.

Good luck.

I called this number today but for some reason its busy? and tonight when i called again, it says "sorry but your call cannot be completed"

Does anyone have the same problem?

abba114
09-22-2010, 12:50 AM
anyone here has the current PD and doing the AOS in the USA?

caliama
09-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Did anyone tried to call NVC number 1-603-334-0700? Does it work for you guys because for me it doesn't work for some reason.

visjig
09-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Did anyone tried to call NVC number 1-603-334-0700? Does it work for you guys because for me it doesn't work for some reason.

Try calling before 7:30 AM and after 12:00 AM (Eastern Time). It works even on weekends when it is not busy. Keep your phone on redial and you'll eventually get through.

Good luck.

froggy
09-22-2010, 08:16 PM
i submitted ds230 last month and until now i have not receive the interview schedule? my PD is feb 2009 and its current now. i called NVC a week ago they said i month but still not receive anything from them... what should i do??

visjig
09-23-2010, 04:48 AM
i submitted ds230 last month and until now i have not receive the interview schedule? my PD is feb 2009 and its current now. i called NVC a week ago they said i month but still not receive anything from them... what should i do??

Are you doing adjustment of status or consular processing?

Have you submitted your I-864?

Good luck.

parham
09-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi
I have 2 questions in I-864 to ask about and your comments are highly appreciated. We have problem regarding Sponsoring my husband.

I have been living with my foreign husband for the last 5-months and as a GC holder, I sent I-130 petition for him and i'm trying to fill out I-864.It's more 1 months we have received NVC letter regarding I-864.

At this time I'm doing an internship in a Company (not U.S.based but with branches in U.S.). My income from this internship has been less than $7000 for the last 5-months, and I'm going to finish this job very soon.
my fist question in I-864 is :

1-If i tick that i-m employed in Q22 of I-864, my foreign income for 2010 along with my husband assets abroad, can be more than 125% of poverty line. But this declaration shows clearly that I have been abroad for at least 5 months and since i'm a GC holder, this declaration makes me anxious.
(because maybe i repeat this scenario of staying with him in near future if i can't bring him to the U.S.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't changed my address in IR-11 when I came to my husband country 5 months ago (I kept a U.S.mailing address for the last 5 months)and if i declare that I'm doing an internship in the I-864 form, they can question me for not abiding the law of notifying USCIS of change of address.

2-If i tick i'm employed in I-864, in part 4 of I-864 "information on sponsor" , i'm obliged to choose that "I'm living abroad temporarily" and bringing my reasons that I missed him & i looked for an internship in his country to live with him for a while.

**** Do you suggest me to choose "employed" & "live abroad temporarily" & write down $7000
(In another way,Does NVC look for petitioner sponsors that have a job (income) currently in U.S. and
not the income that are temporarily and abroad?)
*****or choose "unemployed" & mentioning that my country of domicile is U.S. (and not talk about living abroad temporarily)

sorry for long descriptions,I hope the questions and answers help others as well.

froggy
09-23-2010, 07:42 PM

Good luck.

Im doing it on the consular.. Yes i have submitted the AOS.

froggy
09-24-2010, 06:47 PM

Good luck.

Consular processing and i submitted tha aos. 2 mos ago...

sa23
09-25-2010, 04:53 AM
i think the approval notice will be mailed to the petitioner..:)

hey did u get ur priority date???

visjig
09-25-2010, 05:13 AM
Consular processing and i submitted tha aos. 2 mos ago...

Good so you submitted DS-230 and the I-864 one month ago. If they need anything else like any missing document they will contact you soon. If not then I'd suggest from my personal experience that you'll hear straight about medical & interview. Wait exactly 6 weeks then call them up.

jewel
09-25-2010, 12:04 PM
hey did u get ur priority date???

yap, and it's the same as the filing date!! what's next?

sa23
09-25-2010, 01:36 PM
yap, and it's the same as the filing date!! what's next?

i guess again we will have to wait for further correspondence from NVC.i hope they dont take too long this time

Barikhan
09-28-2010, 02:56 AM
Good so you submitted DS-230 and the I-864 one month ago. If they need anything else like any missing document they will contact you soon. If not then I'd suggest from my personal experience that you'll hear straight about medical & interview. Wait exactly 6 weeks then call them up.

I have paid the AOS fee bill and IV visa Fee online and status showed paid, what should i do next?? can i download the AOS form and DS-230 and mail to NVC

visjig
09-28-2010, 05:00 AM
I have paid the AOS fee bill and IV visa Fee online and status showed paid, what should i do next?? can i download the AOS form and DS-230 and mail to NVC

You are correct. Now it is time to fill and send AOS and DS-230 with all the relavent documents.

Good luck.

lionslayer611
09-28-2010, 05:41 AM
Hello Visjig, I got my case completed last Sept 2 2010 (f2a). MY PD is April 2008. Just now waiting for medical and interview schedule. Any of you guys have any idea how long do i Have to wait to have my family get schedule?:confused:

visjig
09-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Hello Visjig, I got my case completed last Sept 2 2010 (f2a). MY PD is April 2008. Just now waiting for medical and interview schedule. Any of you guys have any idea how long do i Have to wait to have my family get schedule?:confused:

Thank you for your post lionslayer611.

To answer this question first tell me what date did you send your DS-230 and AoS forms to NVC. It takes 4-6 weeks since that time for the NVC to inform you about your medical and interview considering that all your DS-230 and AoS forms & associated documents were okay.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

lionslayer611
09-29-2010, 05:32 AM
Thank you for your post lionslayer611.

To answer this question first tell me what date did you send your DS-230 and AoS forms to NVC. It takes 4-6 weeks since that time for the NVC to inform you about your medical and interview considering that all your DS-230 and AoS forms & associated documents were okay.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

I sent the DS 230 last Aug 3 2010, and they received it Aug 6, 2010.

jewel
09-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Hi visjig and to all who can give me info on NVC processing.. i just want to ask, how long did it take for u to wait for the 1st correspondence from NVC after you received the approval notice? my case (F2A) was approved last sept.16, with a PD of March 11, 2010.. Thank u for any info u could give..:)

caliama
09-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi visjig and to all who can give me info on NVC processing.. i just want to ask, how long did it take for u to wait for the 1st correspondence from NVC after you received the approval notice? my case (F2A) was approved last sept.16, with a PD of March 11, 2010.. Thank u for any info u could give..:)

I am waiting on a first response from NVC as well. I am F2A case and my PD is March 22,2010. I got my petition approved on Sept. 13, 2010. I called NVC and they said it takes 6 to 8 weeks to enter the approval into their system. So, we will just have to wait and hope that it will not take that long for them to contact us.

jewel
09-29-2010, 09:39 AM
I am waiting on a first response from NVC as well. I am F2A case and my PD is March 22,2010. I got my petition approved on Sept. 13, 2010. I called NVC and they said it takes 6 to 8 weeks to enter the approval into their system. So, we will just have to wait and hope that it will not take that long for them to contact us.

Thank you for that Caliama.. we'll just have to wait then for NVC's correspondence..:)

sa23
09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
I am waiting on a first response from NVC as well. I am F2A case and my PD is March 22,2010. I got my petition approved on Sept. 13, 2010. I called NVC and they said it takes 6 to 8 weeks to enter the approval into their system. So, we will just have to wait and hope that it will not take that long for them to contact us.ohhhh.....dats really long.my PD is 21 march 2010.so we all just have to wait and watch then.

caliama
09-29-2010, 01:59 PM
ohhhh.....dats really long.my PD is 21 march 2010.so we all just have to wait and watch then.

we just have to be patient and hope for the best

mariab
09-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Hello everyone!
My husband is an LPR he filed my I-130 petition in August 2010, my priority date is 5th August 2010, anyone has idea when will my petition approve?

caliama
09-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Hello everyone!
My husband is an LPR he filed my I-130 petition in August 2010, my priority date is 5th August 2010, anyone has idea when will my petition approve?

For everyone is different but it usually takes up to 5 months if they have all the documents needed.

Barikhan
09-30-2010, 04:02 AM
You are correct. Now it is time to fill and send AOS and DS-230 with all the relavent documents.

Good luck.

can i submit the original Birth Certificate to NVC but i have already submitted original birith certificate and marriage certificate. after sending I-864 and DS-230 how much time left to get an interview.

visjig
09-30-2010, 04:51 AM
can i submit the original Birth Certificate to NVC but i have already submitted original birith certificate and marriage certificate. after sending I-864 and DS-230 how much time left to get an interview.

Where did you submit the original birth certificate and marriage certificate? You'll need to get another original/certified copies and submit those with DS-230.

Good luck.

Barikhan
09-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Where did you submit the original birth certificate and marriage certificate? You'll need to get another original/certified copies and submit those with DS-230.

Good luck.

Thanks VISJIG, Dear after sending DS-230 and I-864 how much time left to get an interview as well as visa?

visjig
10-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Thanks VISJIG, Dear after sending DS-230 and I-864 how much time left to get an interview as well as visa?

From the date NVC enters DS-230 & I-864 in their system it takes anything from 4-6 weeks to hear from them about interview.

Good luck.

caliama
10-04-2010, 04:21 PM
ohhhh.....dats really long.my PD is 21 march 2010.so we all just have to wait and watch then.

FYI

It actually took less than what they told me over the phone. Today (after two weeks) NVC contacted me with the first stepts. My PD is current.

jewel
10-04-2010, 09:09 PM
FYI

It actually took less than what they told me over the phone. Today (after two weeks) NVC contacted me with the first stepts. My PD is current.

What's the first step then? my PD is current too. I'm so glad we have this kind of forum.. here, we can be informed through others who have the same situation like ours. thanks for the update caliama.. pls do keep us updated as we do the same..

caliama
10-05-2010, 12:56 AM
What's the first step then? my PD is current too. I'm so glad we have this kind of forum.. here, we can be informed through others who have the same situation like ours. thanks for the update caliama.. pls do keep us updated as we do the same..

First step is to pay $88 (AOS) Affidavit Of Support and they also sent me the Choice of Agent which they sent to my husband in my country as well. My husband will have to complete the Choice of Agent and send it to NVC. I will have to pay the $88. All forms have an NVC case number. Only after I will pay the $88 fee, they will start processing the papers.

If your case is current then you should probably hear from them soon. Just today i received my papers in the mail.

I will keep you guys posted.

sa23
10-05-2010, 11:17 AM
FYI

hey.
even i got my papers today...

caliama
10-05-2010, 11:26 AM
hey.

Awesome...It's nice to hear that they are working pretty good now.

visjig
10-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Hey guys... My case got completed on October 4th.......... heard that through NVC automated system......

caliama
10-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey guys... My case got completed on October 4th.......... heard that through NVC automated system......

That's good news. So how long it took for them to complete the case after you first heard from them?

jewel
10-05-2010, 09:39 PM
hey.

wow, that's good news for u and caliama.. you're lucky guys. mine has not reached NVC yet. my husband phoned them yesterday and they said they don't have my case yet.. they asked my husband to scan the approval notice and send it to them..hope to hear from them soon.. my hopes are high though, knowing that they are doing things really fast nowadays..:)

visjig
10-06-2010, 01:08 AM
That's good news. So how long it took for them to complete the case after you first heard from them?

Approx 3 months.

mariab
10-06-2010, 02:47 PM

Are you done with your interview too? if not, when is your interview?

visjig
10-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Are you done with your interview too? if not, when is your interview?

NVC said that they will contact me within the next 8 weeks to schedule the interview.

sahsan
10-07-2010, 02:36 AM
congrats visjig!

I am way behind than all of you guys
did anyone apply in july or august 2010 here?

mariab
10-08-2010, 01:52 AM
congrats visjig!

I am way behind than all of you guys
did anyone apply in july or august 2010 here?

yes, I applied in August 2010, my priority date is 5th August 2010. waiting for my I-130 to get approved...what about you?

rinitka
10-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I also applied in July, PD is 7/29/2010

mariab
10-08-2010, 01:48 PM
so when is the I-130 approval expected? does anyone of you who applied in august or July 2010 processing their case with the help of a lawyer?what does the lawyer say about it?
I contacted a lawyer on avvo, he says not it takes 6-9 months for the whole procedure to be completed under the F2A category, i hope its true.

caliama
10-08-2010, 01:52 PM
so when is the I-130 approval expected? does anyone of you who applied in august or July 2010 processing their case with the help of a lawyer?what does the lawyer say about it?
I contacted a lawyer on avvo, he says not it takes 6-9 months for the whole procedure to be completed under the F2A category, i hope its true.

It is true. It takes 5 months for the I130 to be approved.

caliama
10-08-2010, 01:56 PM
I have a question about this form if anybody can help me.

On line 24e - Whos name is supposed to be there, sponsor or principal?

As for the Federal Poverty Guidelines: If my AGI is 30K do i meet the poverty guidelines? I don't get the whole thing with the poverty guidelines, how am i supposed to know i meet the guidelines or not?

If anybody completed this form already, please help.

caliama
10-08-2010, 03:45 PM
NVC said that they will contact me within the next 8 weeks to schedule the interview.

Congrats again!

I have a question for you since your case is closed. Is it ok to send the I186 AOS via e-mail or do i have to send hard copies?

Thanks

visjig
10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Congrats again!

I have a question for you since your case is closed. Is it ok to send the I186 AOS via e-mail or do i have to send hard copies?

Thanks

I hope you meant I-864. I would suggest that you send it by a courier as sending by email will make no time difference compared to a courier. If you send an email, NVC will automatically acknowledge your email but physically it will take 8-9 days for a human being to reply back to you. Hence courier is the best option.

Good luck.

froggy
10-08-2010, 08:48 PM

i heard from automated that my case was completed sept 15.... i'm still waiting for further action from them. i'm waiting for the interview schedule... they also mentioned that if i don't here from them 8 weeks after sept 15 call them so im patiently waiting... do you have your interview sched yet?

froggy
10-08-2010, 08:51 PM

so we are almost in the same situation. mine was completed sept 15.. until now i have not received anything from them... its been almost a month from sept 15....

jewel
10-08-2010, 10:40 PM
I have a question about this form if anybody can help me.

On line 24e - Whos name is supposed to be there, sponsor or principal?

As for the Federal Poverty Guidelines: If my AGI is 30K do i meet the poverty guidelines? I don't get the whole thing with the poverty guidelines, how am i supposed to know i meet the guidelines or not?

If anybody completed this form already, please help.

About the poverty guidelines, refer to the site below.hope it helps:

http://www.immihelp.com/affidavit-of-support/i-864p-poverty-guidelines.html

:) also refer to the i-864 instructions in filling up the i-864 form:

http://www.immihelp.com/affidavit-of-support/

goodluck caliama!! :)

caliama
10-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I hope you meant I-864. I would suggest that you send it by a courier as sending by email will make no time difference compared to a courier. If you send an email, NVC will automatically acknowledge your email but physically it will take 8-9 days for a human being to reply back to you. Hence courier is the best option.

Good luck.

Yea i meant to write I-864. Thank you so much. I will send via courier.

caliama
10-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the link. So from my understanding, it means that my AGI has to be at least $18,212 in order to sponsor my husband? I'm not exactly following this. Please let me know if I'm correct or give me an example. I just want to make sure that my income is good to sponsor my husband.

jewel
10-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the link. So from my understanding, it means that my AGI has to be at least $18,212 in order to sponsor my husband? I'm not exactly following this. Please let me know if I'm correct or give me an example. I just want to make sure that my income is good to sponsor my husband.

you've mentioned that your AGI is 30k, so i think it's good enough.. see this site for a sample of filled up i-864 form:

www.immihelp.com/forms/i-864-sample-affidavit-of-support.pdf

sahsan
10-09-2010, 01:16 AM
yes, I applied in August 2010, my priority date is 5th August 2010. waiting for my I-130 to get approved...what about you?

Yeah mine is August as well
I believe it takes about 5 months for I-130 to be approved then after that I have no idea how long it takes for each step

we should keep each other updated :)

mariab
10-09-2010, 04:42 AM
The november 2010 visa bulletin comes out to be

1st 15FEB06 15FEB06 15FEB06 22DEC92 01APR97
2A 01JUN10 01JUN10 01JUN10 01MAR10 01JUN10
2B 01JUN05 01JUN05 01JUN05 22JUN92 01SEP02
3rd 01JUN02 01JUN02 01JUN02 22OCT92 01MAR95
4th 01JAN02 01JAN02 01JAN02 15DEC95 01APR91

mariab
10-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Yeah mine is August as well
I believe it takes about 5 months for I-130 to be approved then after that I have no idea how long it takes for each step

we should keep each other updated :)

sure

visjig
10-09-2010, 05:20 AM
so we are almost in the same situation. mine was completed sept 15.. until now i have not received anything from them... its been almost a month from sept 15....

From which embassy are you going to have your interview done?

mariab
10-09-2010, 07:48 AM
The petitions that were filed in June 2010 or before are currently being processed by the government under the F2A category. I thought to share this link with all of you- Thanks

caliama
10-09-2010, 11:55 AM
you've mentioned that your AGI is 30k, so i think it's good enough.. see this site for a sample of filled up i-864 form:

www.immihelp.com/forms/i-864-sample-affidavit-of-support.pdf

Thank you so much for your help. I was looking for a sample affidavit of support but couldn't find one. This helped me. Thanks again Jewel:)

mariab
10-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Is there anyone who applied in April, May or June 2010? Because as there are alot of people here who applied in March 2010 and their I-130s were approved in September 2010. So, i just wanted to have an idea about the approved cases of these months....

sahsan
10-10-2010, 04:49 AM
looks PD only moved by two months for november 2010
still waiting for Aug

Barikhan
10-10-2010, 11:47 AM

Congratulations VISJIG.. Ater sending I-864 and DS230 how much time it took to complete your case?

rinitka
10-10-2010, 01:57 PM
What does this NOTE mean on the Nov bulletin?
*NOTE: For November, 2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 01MAR10.
I cannot understand which is the priority date - JUN10 or MAR10?
My country is Russia, but where can I find if the country is exempt or not?
Thanks

visjig
10-10-2010, 03:40 PM
What does this NOTE mean on the Nov bulletin?
*NOTE: For November, 2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 01MAR10.
I cannot understand which is the priority date - JUN10 or MAR10?
My country is Russia, but where can I find if the country is exempt or not?
Thanks

Russia comes under Rest of the World.

You just follow the priorty date for Nov VB which is JUN10.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

viralin2005
10-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi Guys,
This is very good thread for F2A folks. I am also one of those who want to get benefit from this fast movement in F2A. I am a LPR since 2.5 years. I got married in Sep-2010. We learned about this fast movement about 3 weeks back and I mailed I-130 for my wife 2 days back (9th Oct 2010). Many experts are predicting that retrogression is expected in F2A. Letís see how lucky we can get.

rinitka
10-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Russia comes under Rest of the World.

You just follow the priorty date for Nov VB which is JUN10.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for your help. Do you know where I can find this info?

visjig
10-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Thank you so much for your help. Do you know where I can find this info?

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/visabulletin/november2010.html

sahsan
10-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Thought I would share the following :

Visa Bulletin Predictions and Updates from Charles Oppenheim

September 23rd, 2010 | Category: Articles, News

Yesterday our office attended a American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) discussion session here in Washington, DC with Charles Oppenheim. Mr. Oppenheim is the Chief of the Visa Control and Reporting Division at the U.S. Department of State. For many, he is simply known as the person responsible for the monthly and annual visa number allocations for family- and employment-based green cards. He is also the person who prepares and publishes the monthly visa bulletin which is highly anticipated every month.
We are asked on a daily basis by our clients to provide visa bulletin predictions and when a particular priority date may become current. As a result, on behalf of our clients, we appreciate the opportunity Mr. Oppenheim has afforded us to get some advance sense of the movement of the priority dates.
General Visa Number Trends
Mr. Oppenheim noted that in the employment-based context, each green card application case is larger than previously expected (because many primary beneficiaries have married and have children). As a result, and in recognition of the fact that many EB-3 India and China candidates are now eligible for and applying under the EB-2 category, Mr. Oppenheim noted that the employment-based visa numbers are expected to remain oversubscribed and to move slowly forward.
With respect to family-based cases, Mr. Oppenheim noted that the demand, especially in the FB2 category has been much lower than anticipated and as a result the FB2 category has noted significant forward movement over the past few months and that this aggressive forward movement is expected to continue. Mr. Oppenheim that the FB2A forward movement is unprecedented and provides a rare opportunity to file family-based green card applications
Visa Bulletin Predictions – Employment-Based

Mr. Oppenheim was able to provide some predictions and expectations for movement of visa numbers over the next few months. Please note that these are short-term predictions and depending on the number of applications as a result of the next few months’ visa numbers, the rate of cutoff date movement may change.
EB-3 Rest of World (ROW). This category is expected to move very slightly forward or to remain unchanged in the November 2010 visa bulletin. The reason is the high number of applications waiting for a visa number in this category.
EB-3 China and EB-2 China. These two categories are expected to move slowly over the next few months – by one or two weeks at a time for the next few visa bulletins.
EB-3 India. Similarly, this category is expected to move very slowly over the next few visa bulletins — perhaps by one or two weeks at a time.
EB-2 India. This category is expected to remain unchanged or to move very slowly forward (by a week or so) in the short-term. This is mainly caused by the fact that many EB-3 India applicants (there are approximately 60,000 EB-3 India pending cases) are “porting” their priority dates into the EB-2 India category and are thus taking visa numbers.
Visa Bulletin Predictions – Family-Based

Mr. Oppenheim was also able to provide some predictions and expectations for movement of the family-based visa numbers over the next few months. Unlike the employment-based visa numbers, which are expected to advance very slowly over the next few months, the family-based visa numbers, especially in the 2A category are expected to continue to advance consistently and relatively quickly.
FB 2A. According to Mr. Oppenheim, this family-based category has shown a very low demand over the past months; accordingly, Mr. Oppenheim expects that the 2A category (spouses and children of permanent residents) will continue to move forward aggressively and by the February 2011 visa bulletin, this category may be current or close to being current.
FB 2B. Similarly, movement in the 2B category has been faster than anticipated due to low demand; accordingly faster forward movement in this category is also expected.
Conclusion
Mr. Oppenheim’s comments are extremely helpful to get a sense of the visa cutoff dates over the next few months. Although our employment-based clients may be disappointed by the slow forward movement which is expected, our family-based clients should consider preparing and filing family-based applications, especially in the FB2A and FB2B categories which are expected to note significant forward movement in the near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can review your case or answer any questions. We also invite you to subscribe to our free weekly immigration newsletter to receive timely updates on this and related topics.

froggy
10-13-2010, 08:31 PM
From which embassy are you going to have your interview done?

us embassy in manila philippines

visjig
10-14-2010, 01:11 AM
us embassy in manila philippines

Thanks for letting us know.

Are still waiting for your interview date?

froggy
10-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks for letting us know.

Are still waiting for your interview date?

Yes m still waiting for interview date..it was completed. Sept 15.. When i called Nvc automated... Let me know if you get your appoitment date..thanks..

visjig
10-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Yes m still waiting for interview date..it was completed. Sept 15.. When i called Nvc automated... Let me know if you get your appoitment date..thanks..

Will keep you updated...............

lionslayer611
10-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Hello Visjig, guys and gals in this forum,

My case was completed last Sept 2 2010. I just got the interview appt. letter. w/c is on 11/17/2010! So happy about it thinking that I will be reunited with my family!

caliama
10-15-2010, 07:45 AM

My case was completed last Sept 2 2010. I just got the interview appt. letter. w/c is on 11/17/2010! So happy about it thinking that I will be reunited with my family!

Congratualation. This is really good news. What was your PD?

Let us know how your interview goes.

visjig
10-15-2010, 08:43 AM

Thanks for your update.

Can you share what embassy is your interview at?

Good luck for the journey ahead.

mdiarras
10-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Visjig,
you were telling a guest who asked if he needed to file and additonal petion for his 4 year old daughter after he upgradted his file as he became citizen the he didn't have to. Can you tell me how to go about as I'm also in the same cituation. I upgraded status for my husband after became citizen and file ds-230 and all documents. My concern is the 2 children (12 and 9 year old). I would like them to come toguether with their dad.
Thanks for your help.

mdiarras
10-15-2010, 11:52 AM
All paperwork have been submitted for husband and upgraded status after my citizenship. In what way can I make the children come with dad. ds-230 for husban sent and all seem ok. only waiting for packet 4 info or interview date. anyone?

visjig
10-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Visjig,
you were telling a guest who asked if he needed to file and additonal petion for his 4 year old daughter after he upgradted his file as he became citizen the he didn't have to. Can you tell me how to go about as I'm also in the same cituation. I upgraded status for my husband after became citizen and file ds-230 and all documents. My concern is the 2 children (12 and 9 year old). I would like them to come toguether with their dad.
Thanks for your help.

In the DS-230 there are questions 29 and 31a. Did your husband fill that section out?

mdiarras
10-15-2010, 01:42 PM
In the DS-230 there are questions 29 and 31a. Did your husband fill that section out?

yes, we file with the name of the 2 children on section 29 and 31 that they will be coming with him. Is that sufficient for the visa? what else should we do? Thanks for the reply

mdiarras
10-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Visjig,
What do you do after you have included the name of the children on line 29 and 39? We alreday have the name of the kids in those line but don't know what else and would like to be prepared.

Thanks

visjig
10-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Visjig,
What do you do after you have included the name of the children on line 29 and 39? We alreday have the name of the kids in those line but don't know what else and would like to be prepared.

Thanks

On top of the DS-230 it says in the "Instructions" that you need to fill the same form for each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you.

So you need to fill this form for your children, each on seperate forms.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

mdiarras
10-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Thank you so much Visjig I already sent dad ss-230 and I'll send the children right away
I'll keep you posted

froggy
10-20-2010, 08:58 PM

hi just want to know if you got your letter by mail or email? mine was completed sept 15 but still dont have appointment letter still patiently waiting...

mariab
10-23-2010, 12:27 PM
hey visjig, have you received your interview date?

visjig
10-23-2010, 01:22 PM
hey visjig, have you received your interview date?

Negative. I'll update here as soon as I receive it.

jewel
10-23-2010, 10:22 PM
hey guys, i just want to know how long usually will it take for the NVC to reply after submission of AOS (Form I-864EZ).. we just submitted ours last oct.22..Thanks...:)

visjig
10-23-2010, 10:54 PM
hey guys, i just want to know how long usually will it take for the NVC to reply after submission of AOS (Form I-864EZ).. we just submitted ours last oct.22..Thanks...:)

4 weeks. Have you been instructed to fill the DS-230 as well?

Good luck.

jewel
10-24-2010, 12:58 AM
4 weeks. Have you been instructed to fill the DS-230 as well?

Good luck.

hello visjig, thank u for replying. the only notice we received last oct.18 from NVC is the invoice for AOS and the DS-3032. we sent the DS-3032 and paid $88 online on oct.19 and it was shown as PAID on oct.20. my husband called NVC on oct.21 and they told him that we can now print the document cover sheet and can already send the AOS with supporting documents to NVC, which we did on oct.22.. we haven't receive any notice yet about the payment of Immigrant visa fee and the sending of civil documents and DS-230..

sa23
10-24-2010, 03:33 AM
Hi to All,

hi visjig,
i have some problems filig AOS form.problem is that i am studying at present and i have not filed tax documents till now.i am dependent on my parents.My name is included in their tax papers.my parents file their tax papers jointly.they have joint account.In for i-864 24(b)they are asking for individual income of each member.how do i write their individual income as they pay tax jointly???should i divide the total income and write or what should i do???
plz help me

sa23
10-24-2010, 03:43 AM
hi visjig,
i have some problems filig AOS form.problem is that i am studying at present and i have not filed tax documents till now.i am dependent on my parents.My name is included in their tax papers.my parents file their tax papers jointly.they have joint account.In for i-864 24(b)they are asking for individual income of each member.how do i write their individual income as they pay tax jointly???should i divide the total income and write or what should i do???
plz help meplz help

visjig
10-24-2010, 03:53 AM
hello visjig, thank u for replying. the only notice we received last oct.18 from NVC is the invoice for AOS and the DS-3032. we sent the DS-3032 and paid $88 online on oct.19 and it was shown as PAID on oct.20. my husband called NVC on oct.21 and they told him that we can now print the document cover sheet and can already send the AOS with supporting documents to NVC, which we did on oct.22.. we haven't receive any notice yet about the payment of Immigrant visa fee and the sending of civil documents and DS-230..

Also keep checking the online payment page where you paid for AOS fee if the IV fee bill has turned up. If not then you'll just have to wait for it.

Good luck.

visjig
10-24-2010, 03:58 AM
hi visjig,
plz help me

In your case, You need to fill I-864 and your father or mother need to fill I-864A. Your income will be shown as $0. Even if your father and mother file tax together, you can calculate individual income from their payslips.

Good luck.

jewel
10-24-2010, 04:13 AM
Also keep checking the online payment page where you paid for AOS fee if the IV fee bill has turned up. If not then you'll just have to wait for it.

Good luck.

:) Thank you for that visjig..what if the IV fee bill turned up in the online payment page. can we pay the IV fee already? what's next after paying the IV fee? are we going to wait for their instruction on DS-230 or submit it right away? your response will be highly appreciated.. God bless u.. :)

visjig
10-24-2010, 06:18 AM
:) Thank you for that visjig..what if the IV fee bill turned up in the online payment page. can we pay the IV fee already? what's next after paying the IV fee? are we going to wait for their instruction on DS-230 or submit it right away? your response will be highly appreciated.. God bless u.. :)

Thank you for your blessings. They are much needed.

If the IV fee is activated online then pay it and wait for it's status to change to PAID. Once it is paid then the links to print it's cover sheet and the other associated links will be activated. So then you can proceed and fill the DS-230 and send it with the relevant documents.

Good luck.

sa23
10-24-2010, 08:20 AM
In your case, You need to fill I-864 and your father or mother need to fill I-864A. Your income will be shown as $0. Even if your father and mother file tax together, you can calculate individual income from their payslips.

Good luck.

thanks for ur reply..i had another query,i have a joint sponsor too who is required to fill I-864.should i mail all the papers to NVC or my joint sponsor has to mail the form separately??what about the electronic filing option?should i mail them or send it electronically??

jewel
10-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Thank you for your blessings. They are much needed.

If the IV fee is activated online then pay it and wait for it's status to change to PAID. Once it is paid then the links to print it's cover sheet and the other associated links will be activated. So then you can proceed and fill the DS-230 and send it with the relevant documents.

Good luck.

thank you again visjig..i hope that u won't get tired answering all our queries..i know u will be much blessed because u have helped a lot of people, and i'm one of them.. u r such a blessing.. :)

visjig
10-24-2010, 01:06 PM
thanks for ur reply..i had another query,i have a joint sponsor too who is required to fill I-864.should i mail all the papers to NVC or my joint sponsor has to mail the form separately??what about the electronic filing option?should i mail them or send it electronically??

You need to send all AoS forms and required supporting documents together. Do not send them separately. From my personal experience I would suggest that you courier the whole AoS bunch to the NVC.

Good luck.

visjig
10-24-2010, 01:10 PM
thank you again visjig..i hope that u won't get tired answering all our queries..i know u will be much blessed because u have helped a lot of people, and i'm one of them.. u r such a blessing.. :)

I'm humbled by your appreciation. The real thanks should go to whosoever started this website.

I believe in "If you do good - good will happen to you". So I try to answer queries to the best of my ability taking my personal experience and experiences of my friends into my advice.

Also I believe that sharing my knowledge and experiences will not only benefit me and other users of this wonderful forum but also correct me if I'm going wrong.

sa23
10-25-2010, 04:59 AM
You need to send all AoS forms and required supporting documents together. Do not send them separately. From my personal experience I would suggest that you courier the whole AoS bunch to the NVC.

Good luck.

thanks for ur advice visjig.as i am a student and my income is $ 0 i have joint sponsors and sponsorship from my parents too.in form I864 part 3 section 8 should i check yes or NO coz i cant sponsor my husband.plz advice me what to do???

visjig
10-25-2010, 06:29 AM
thanks for ur advice visjig.as i am a student and my income is $ 0 i have joint sponsors and sponsorship from my parents too.in form I864 part 3 section 8 should i check yes or NO coz i cant sponsor my husband.plz advice me what to do???

How many people will be joint sponsor for your spouse? One or Two. If it is two then only tick NO. Otherwise tick YES.

Sponsorship from your father or mother who stay in the same household as you do will not count as joint sponsors. They fill form I-864A if they live in the same household as you.

Please make sure that your joint sponsor or your parents meet the poverty guidelines - http://www.immihelp.com/affidavit-of-support/i-864p-poverty-guidelines.html

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

sa23
10-25-2010, 08:35 AM
How many people will be joint sponsor for your spouse? One or Two. If it is two then only tick NO. Otherwise tick YES.

Sponsorship from your father or mother who stay in the same household as you do will not count as joint sponsors. They fill form I-864A if they live in the same household as you.

Please make sure that your joint sponsor or your parents meet the poverty guidelines - http://www.immihelp.com/affidavit-of-support/i-864p-poverty-guidelines.html

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

i am having 2 joint sponsors.i am thinking to take sponsorship only from my joint sponsors and not from my parents.will that be ok??or is it such dat being my spouse i have to sponsor him and submit my parents tax papers which includes my name as a dependent??
how much time does it take to send further documents after submitting choice of agent form???

jewel
10-25-2010, 09:20 AM
i am having 2 joint sponsors.i am thinking to take sponsorship only from my joint sponsors and not from my parents.will that be ok??or is it such dat being my spouse i have to sponsor him and submit my parents tax papers which includes my name as a dependent??
how much time does it take to send further documents after submitting choice of agent form???

hello SA23, i dont have any idea about the joint sponsor thing, but i can share with u our experience on submitting documents.. after we sent the choice of agent form and paid the AOS bill online, and it was shown as paid, we were advised by NVC to print the document cover sheet and to submit the AOS and other supporting documents immediately..i hope this will help.. goodluck!!

sahsan
10-25-2010, 09:05 PM

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

If you are a dependent of your parent/s then they can't be your co-sponsors?

sa23
10-26-2010, 08:08 AM
hello SA23, i dont have any idea about the joint sponsor thing, but i can share with u our experience on submitting documents.. after we sent the choice of agent form and paid the AOS bill online, and it was shown as paid, we were advised by NVC to print the document cover sheet and to submit the AOS and other supporting documents immediately..i hope this will help.. goodluck!!

hey jewel.
on which e mail address did u mail ur chioce of agent form???do we have to scan and mail it or is it something else coz if i mail them through courier it will take 20 days to reach US.. and dats really long.anyone who can plz do reply...

jewel
10-26-2010, 08:52 AM
hey jewel.
on which e mail address did u mail ur chioce of agent form???do we have to scan and mail it or is it something else coz if i mail them through courier it will take 20 days to reach US.. and dats really long.anyone who can plz do reply...

hello Sa23, what we did was, my husband(petitioner) scanned the ds-3032 he received, emailed it to me, then i printed it, filled it up, then scanned the filled-up ds-3032 again and emailed it back to my husband and to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov., but to be sure, my husband printed and Mailed the ds-3032 again, although it's not in its original form anymore, but atleast it was signed by me..and i assigned my husband as my agent..he will receive all notices/correspondence in my behalf. the reason is that if all notices from nvc will be addressed to me, it will take forever before they reach me..

visjig
10-26-2010, 10:02 AM
hey jewel.

DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc. take no more than 7 days to reach USA. As per my experience which I have written in detail about sending e-mail to NVC, it takes virtually the same time compared to courier. As it takes 15-20 days for a human being at NVC to personally reply to you for the email you send.

Any given day I would prefer a courier with a tracking number over an email.

Good luck

sa23
10-26-2010, 10:14 AM
DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc. take no more than 7 days to reach USA. As per my experience which I have written in detail about sending e-mail to NVC, it takes virtually the same time compared to courier. As it takes 15-20 days for a human being at NVC to personally reply to you for the email you send.

Any given day I would prefer a courier with a tracking number over an email.

Good luck

thanks jewel and visjig.hey visjig plz give me advice about the query i asked u before whether i should attach my parents tax papers or 2 joint sponsors tax papers are enough.plz do reply

visjig
10-26-2010, 10:18 AM
thanks jewel and visjig.hey visjig plz give me advice about the query i asked u before whether i should attach my parents tax papers or 2 joint sponsors tax papers are enough.plz do reply

Well if your parents can meet the poverty guidelines then just use them by filling i-864 and I-864A. If not then use joint sponsor.

Good luck.

mdiarras
10-26-2010, 02:38 PM
On top of the DS-230 it says in the "Instructions" that you need to fill the same form for each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you.

So you need to fill this form for your children, each on seperate forms.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Hello Visjig and all folks out there on this post.
FYI sent the DS-230 for husband 2 weeks ago and the DS-230 for the childrens went thursday and still no response yet. I espect it to take another 2 weeks at least but this was to let you know. This has been a loooong journee.
mdiarras

mariab
10-27-2010, 04:35 PM
I also applied in July, PD is 7/29/2010

hey rinitka! your I-130 is approved yet or not?

sahsan
10-28-2010, 03:22 AM
did your I-130 get approved Mariab?

mariab
10-28-2010, 03:32 AM
did your I-130 get approved Mariab?

No sahsan! I am still waiting.. I am expecting that they are currently processing the cases of June/July 2010 filers.. Do you know anyone who applied in these months and got approved?

sahsan
10-28-2010, 07:42 PM
No sahsan! I am still waiting.. I am expecting that they are currently processing the cases of June/July 2010 filers.. Do you know anyone who applied in these months and got approved?

No, I don't. I applied in Aug and I expect to hear by january. Not sure about the june/july filers.

jewel
10-29-2010, 10:00 AM
hello visjig, hello everyone.. i would like to ask, if the IV fee invoice turns up in the online payment page, does it mean that the AOS is already ok and we can now proceed with the next step? thank you so much..

caliama
10-29-2010, 11:31 AM
hello visjig, hello everyone.. i would like to ask, if the IV fee invoice turns up in the online payment page, does it mean that the AOS is already ok and we can now proceed with the next step? thank you so much..

I'm not visjig but i'm on the same stage. Yes, The IV fee bill turn up and after you pay it and it says "PAID" you can go ahead and print the cover sheet and send it with DS-230. Make sure you send all the required documents that they ask for in original and photocopy.

FYI. I am F2A and mine says PAID and i already printed the cover sheet and completed DS-230. Together with this i need to send the following documents required (see the link below)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

mdiarras
10-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Hello to all on this post.
Can anyone tell me the timeframe after submission of the DS-230 with all documentation.
I read on the state dept site that it is 30-60 days. But what has been your experience... I'm hoping to spend Thanksgiving if not a least Christmas with my family.
My case was upgraded to IR1
Thanks

jewel
10-29-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm not visjig but i'm on the same stage. Yes, The IV fee bill turn up and after you pay it and it says "PAID" you can go ahead and print the cover sheet and send it with DS-230. Make sure you send all the required documents that they ask for in original and photocopy.

FYI. I am F2A and mine says PAID and i already printed the cover sheet and completed DS-230. Together with this i need to send the following documents required (see the link below)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you caliama.. we just paid for our IV fee.. it's still in process.. so if the status is already paid, we will no longer wait for their notice..we'll submit the ds-230 and other required documents in original and photocopy together with the cover sheet right away.. i'm preparing all the required docs now so that when the status states it's already paid, i can send it all at once.. thank you for the info..:)

sa23
10-30-2010, 04:48 AM
Thank you caliama.. we just paid for our IV fee.. it's still in process.. so if the status is already paid, we will no longer wait for their notice..we'll submit the ds-230 and other required documents in original and photocopy together with the cover sheet right away.. i'm preparing all the required docs now so that when the status states it's already paid, i can send it all at once.. thank you for the info..:)

hey jewel,
where do we have to submit DS-230??? is it at the embassy or any other office???

jewel
10-30-2010, 08:54 AM
hey jewel,
where do we have to submit DS-230??? is it at the embassy or any other office???

I think the address where the ds-230 will be sent is seen in the document cover sheet that should be printed after the online payment status states that the IV fee is PAID.. mine is still in IN PROCESS status..

visjig
10-30-2010, 08:57 AM

It does not mean that AoS is okay but you can go ahead with the IV fee payment.

Good luck.

sa23
10-30-2010, 01:35 PM
It does not mean that AoS is okay but you can go ahead with the IV fee payment.

Good luck.

hey visjig,
as far as i know the beneficiary gets packet 3 from the embassy containing ds-230 and info about colecting other documents and he has to submit those documents at the embassy and not nvc.is this right ????

mariab
10-31-2010, 08:06 AM
No, I don't. I applied in Aug and I expect to hear by january. Not sure about the june/july filers.

What is your service center?mine is california service center..I have just found a person who applied for I-130 through california service center and just got his case approved.. his priority date was 7th June 2010, and his case has approved on 27th October 2010... this shows that they are currently processing June 2010 filers for CSC..

sahsan
11-01-2010, 12:27 AM
What is your service center?mine is california service center..I have just found a person who applied for I-130 through california service center and just got his case approved.. his priority date was 7th June 2010, and his case has approved on 27th October 2010... this shows that they are currently processing June 2010 filers for CSC..

I see, so it can take anywhere from 4-5 months. Lets see how fast people get their interviews. Hoping for the best.

caliama
11-01-2010, 08:30 AM
hey visjig,
as far as i know the beneficiary gets packet 3 from the embassy containing ds-230 and info about colecting other documents and he has to submit those documents at the embassy and not nvc.is this right ????

You get packet 3 via email or the payment website. My IV fee Bill is paid and the instructions said to print the cover sheet and sent will all req. decouments. I also got an email from NVC with the cover sheet and the instruction which mean that is packet 3. You do not get it from the embassy, you get it from the embassy only if you applied via embassy and had nothing to do with NVC. The NVC adress where you have to submitt all original documents is on the cover sheet. NVC will send your packet to the embassy after your case is closed and they will contact you about your interview.

caliama
11-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey guys,

Any of you know what P3U agent universal mean?

visjig
11-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Good news ppl. My interview is scheduled for Dec 17.

Will update you all soon as I'm done with medical.

visjig
11-04-2010, 02:31 AM
hey visjig,

As far as I know DS-230 is now an online process wherein you pay the IV fee bill and download the form and send the form to NVC with all the supporting documents. After NVC clears the DS-230 and the associated documents then it forwards the case to your local embassy.

sa23
11-04-2010, 04:37 AM
As far as I know DS-230 is now an online process wherein you pay the IV fee bill and download the form and send the form to NVC with all the supporting documents. After NVC clears the DS-230 and the associated documents then it forwards the case to your local embassy.

do they inform us to pay IV fee online or we can pay it anytime.i have paid AOS fee. IV fee shows not invoiced.what do i do??

jewel
11-04-2010, 05:53 AM

Goodluck visjig.. we'll be waiting for your update.. we sent our DS-230 and all required documents just yesterday. how will we know if our case is already completed? thank you?

jewel
11-04-2010, 06:04 AM
do they inform us to pay IV fee online or we can pay it anytime.i have paid AOS fee. IV fee shows not invoiced.what do i do??

Just wait for the IV fee to turn up, and when it does, pay the IV fee immediately.. after a day or two, the IV fee status would be "PAID", so u can already download DS-230,prepare all required documents, and mail it.. there's no need for u to wait for their notice. that's what the NVC instructed us to do when we called them after our IV fee status is "paid"..

froggy
11-04-2010, 06:06 AM

Hi visjig im glad you got your appointment date im still waiting for mine.did you recieved letter from mail?or email?or does any body call you? And the mail that you recieve is from where? Also i belive their gonna send you back all the papers that you submitted? For the appointment,rigth?

sa23
11-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Just wait for the IV fee to turn up, and when it does, pay the IV fee immediately.. after a day or two, the IV fee status would be "PAID", so u can already download DS-230,prepare all required documents, and mail it.. there's no need for u to wait for their notice. that's what the NVC instructed us to do when we called them after our IV fee status is "paid"..
how long does it take for IV fee to turn up???do we have to submit the AOS papers first for the IV fee to turn up??d

jewel
11-04-2010, 10:42 AM
how long does it take for IV fee to turn up???do we have to submit the AOS papers first for the IV fee to turn up??d

On our case, we submitted the AOS papers first before the IV fee turned up.. NVC received our AOS oct.25..IV fee turned up oct.28..we paid it the next day which is friday, and it was shown as paid last monday, nov.1..we submitted our DS230 and other documents yesterday, nov.3.. it's still in transit as of this moment..

rinitka
11-04-2010, 02:09 PM
hey rinitka! your I-130 is approved yet or not?

nop not yet; i'll post as soon as i get news

caliama
11-06-2010, 02:54 PM

visjig: First i want to say CONGRATS!!! After you sent DS-230 with the documents required, after how long did NVC contacted you about the interview? I just sent DS-230 and i want to have an idea of how long it will take. Also, did they tell you where you have to do your medical?

sahsan
11-09-2010, 05:47 PM
congrats visjig!

Anxiously waiting for December 2010 visa bulletin!

caliama
11-12-2010, 05:30 PM
December Visa Bulletin is out... F2A moved two months

01 AUG 2010 :)

rinitka
11-12-2010, 09:19 PM
December Visa Bulletin is out... F2A moved two months

01 AUG 2010 :)

I have a question: my date is now current, but I still do not have I-130 approval notice. I am married to permanent resident. Do i have to wait or we can file i-485 already?