Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling All F2A's (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling All F2A's (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents)

Hi to All,

The F3's (Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens) category have done this and it is so informative that I would like to ask all people in the F2A (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents) and F2B (Unmarried Sons and Daughters [21 years of age or older]) category to start contributing to this thread and post their PDs with progress made so far in their journey for receiving their immigrant visas.

I will start with my own PD which is 29July2008. I am spouse of PR. I am a UK citizen and currently in the UK.

The current date as per VB is 01Jan2008. The current date has moved nearly 19 months in the past two months. So I am hoping in the July or August VB, my PD will become current.
    Last edited by visjig; 05-19-2010, 09:47 AM. Reason: addition of F2B

Hello Visjig,
    Nice place you have here. I am looking forward to make any possible contributions to your thread.
    MT

Comment

Come on all you F2A's

Hi Visjig and all others of the F2 A category,

I'm a member of the thread named "All F3's " (US citizen filing for a married son or daughter over 21) where we share any progress/or non progress regarding our petition among each other.

I invite all you F2A's to visit our thread, and maybe answer visjig's call for all F2a to share information in this thread.

Come on guys it helps when we can lean on each other for support knowing that there are others out there in the same boat.

We all know it's a very long and frustrating process, so I invite you here to even let some steam off....it's ok.

Comment

An update

Let me update you all with my F2A PD July 2008. My petitioner received the Choice of Address and Agent form on 07/06/2010 even though the VB July 2010 is not out yet and VB June 2010 has 01Jan2010 as PD!!!!

So I am guessing that my PD is now already current and they've started to process it. G8 news...............................

Comment

f2A

Hey guys! Im here joining in! I filed a petition for my wife and kids who are in the Phils. under F2A Cat.. Their priority date is April 2008, I just paid the fee for Aff. Of Supp. few weeks ago and sent it today (6/22/10) together with the cover sheet. F2A moved significantly during these past few months. I hope to be reunited with my family once again. It's been an agonizing experience to be away from my family. Will keep you guys updated on the process, for they usually say it takes 5 yrs from PD for the beneficiary to get to US. I hope not!

Comment

Originally posted by lionslayer611 View Post
            Hey guys! Im here joining in! I filed a petition for my wife and kids who are in the Phils. under F2A Cat.. Their priority date is April 2008, I just paid the fee for Aff. Of Supp. few weeks ago and sent it today (6/22/10) together with the cover sheet. F2A moved significantly during these past few months. I hope to be reunited with my family once again. It's been an agonizing experience to be away from my family. Will keep you guys updated on the process, for they usually say it takes 5 yrs from PD for the beneficiary to get to US. I hope not!
            Welcome. Your updates will be appreciated. Please if possible please update your timeline in the "Counsular Processing tracker".

If your PD is current then you shall get your I-864 soon. If not then next month as me.

Good luck.

Comment

F2A PD March 15 2009

Hi,
              Thanks for starting this thread.
              Just finished process of DS-230 (child under 21) and mailed it in. So will now sit back and wait for NVC to process it. The priority date is March 15 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by jlev4 View Post
                Hi,
                Thanks for starting this thread.
                Just finished process of DS-230 (child under 21) and mailed it in. So will now sit back and wait for NVC to process it. The priority date is March 15 2009.
                Thanks for posting. I'd encourage all F2A's to contribute to this thread and update their timeline in the "Counsular Processing" tracker as well.

I'm surprised that your PD is March 15 2009 and you have finished ur DS-230!!! As the current cut off date in VB July 2010 is 01Jul2008.!!!!!

One question, did you receive your I-864 as a weblink or did they send you the forms by post?

Good Luck.

Comment

F2a

From receiving the Choice of Agent forms to submitting the DS-230 took only 10 days.

We emailed Choice of Agent and paid I-864 fee online, printed the cover letter 2 days later (when it showed as paid) and mailed the I-864, paid the DS-230 fee (IV fee) online, printed the cover letter 2 days later and mailed the DS-230.

I know it seems early for me to have gotten this far when the PD is 3/15/2009 but I'm hopeful. This is an interesting piece from the CIS ombudsman

"Unused Family-Based Visas

During FY 2009 and FY 2010, usage of family-based visas has been exceptionally low, especially among spouses and children of green card holders (the F-2A preference category). In FY 2009, approximately 10,000 family-based visas were unused and, by statute, were reallocated for use by employment-based immigrants in FY 2010.

Given FY 2009 underutilization of family-based visas, the CIS Ombudsman has worked alongside United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of State (DOS) to monitor family-based visa usage in FY 2010. To enable more family-based visa applicants to become eligible for final processing, the Visa Bulletin cut-off dates have been accelerating significantly. Despite the fact that more family members are becoming eligible, demand for family-based visas remains weak. While efforts are underway to facilitate maximum utilization, a significant number of family-based visas may again go unused in FY 2010.

Rapid Visa Bulletin Movement

To illustrate this rapid movement it is helpful to compare select June 2009 and June 2010 cut-off dates from the DOS Visa Bulletins."

Comment

Thanks

That is a gr8 article.

I've also just paid my IV fee on-line thought their website. Also the AOS, I've filled the I-864 and printed the cover sheet and hoping that the payment for IV payment will be cleared by this weekend and next week I'll be ready to post that as well.

BTW-what embassy is your processing going to be?

Thanks for your reply once again.

Good luck.

Comment

Priority date is about to be current?

Hello all friends:

I am new in this forum,, i just want to mention that my priority date will be current in next month VB and still there is no record of my petition in National Visa Centre, i am worried about it. i am spouse of LPR and filled the petition in August 2008. In the month of May i have recieved NOA2 approval notice and since that approximately 50 days have been passed NVC not recieved my case from USCIS. What should i do??
                      Last edited by Barikhan; 06-29-2010, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barikhan View Post
                        Hellow all friends:

I am new in this forum,, i just want to mention that my priority date will be current in next month VB and still there is no record of my petition in National Visa Centre, i am worried about it. i am spouse of LPR and filled the petition in August 2008. In the month of May i have recieved NOA2 approval notice and since that approximately 50 days have been passed NVC not recieved my case from USCIS. What should i do??
                        Thanks for posting and welcome.

Have you spoken to USCIS? What do they say?

Officially, untill your PD is current you will not hear anything about your case. As you see my PD even is still not current but I and others in this forum have already received DS-3032 and AOS and DS-230.

Let us know what happens and maybe we can post some more suggestions.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by visjig View Post
                          Thanks for posting and welcome.

Have you spoken to USCIS? What do they say?

Officially, untill your PD is current you will not hear anything about your case. As you see my PD even is still not current but I and others in this forum have already received DS-3032 and AOS and DS-230.

Let us know what happens and maybe we can post some more suggestions.

Good luck.
                          Thanks for reply.. Please can u tell me about NVC processing time. On 8th May my petition have sent to NVC from USCIS and after couple of weeks i have called NVC to check my status but operator told me that we do not have record of your case.

Comment

Originally posted by Barikhan View Post
                            Thanks for reply.. Please can u tell me about NVC processing time. On 8th May my petition have sent to NVC from USCIS and after couple of weeks i have called NVC to check my status but operator told me that we do not have record of your case.
                            Unfortunately there is no processing time for NVC. Your best option is to call USCIS on 1-800-375-5283.

Let me know what they say when you call.

Let us find your file!!!!!!!!

Comment

Any F2A interviews?

@ visjig Our embassy is Ireland.

It would be interesting to hear from any F2As that have interview dates scheduled.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X