Birth Certificate/Affidavit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate/Affidavit

I applied GC for my parents who are in US now. In response to I-485, we got RFE to send birth cerficate. My parents don't have birth certificates. Can I send non availability of birth certificates?
    The affidavit of birth of my dad given by his elder sisters only mentions his father's name, my dad's mother's name is not mentioned in the affidavit. What should we do? Should we go with new affidavit which mentions his mother's name too?

My understing is the following..

1. You have to get a letter from the municipality from where he/she should have had a birth cirtificate indicating that they have no record of birth / was destroyed.

Current procedure is time consuming as they want you to go thru court( at least in tamil nadu) and only when the Judge/magistrate has no objection the instruct to the letter to be issues / DOB to be added to the records.

2. To suppliment this 2 affidavit from 2 people who were present at the time of birth.

Again this is not that easy as my mother is 68 and it isn't to easy to find family who were present when she was born.

This is what I did and it was accepted by the VSC/NVC but I filed for my mother in India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X