Spouse I-485 processing time/office question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse I-485 processing time/office question

My husband, who is a US citizen, petitioned for my green card at the end of Nov 2009 together with my I-485 (I'm currently an F1). Hope you can help me with some questions I have, but first here is a summary of what's happened so far:

12/8/09: Received I-485 notice (also received notices for I-130, I-765 and I-131 on the same date)
    1/5/10: Biometrics were taken on at Miami field office
    1/13/10: USCIS acknowledged receipt of our response to their RFE (they wanted copies of his pay stubs) for my I-485
    1/27/10: I-131 advanced parole was approved
    2/2/10: I-765 for EAD was approved

I have signed up to monitor my case online. For my I-485 the last activity was 1/13/10 which the USCIS acknowledged receipt of my husband's pay stubs. It says that the case is being processed at the National Benefits Center (NBC). It also says "You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done." I have not heard/received anything since.

My questions are:

1. If my case is at the NBC, does that mean my case will not be transferred to the local field office (i.e. Miami)?
    2. If not, then how long is the processing time at the NBC for I-485? (it does not show this on the USCIS website for his form)
    3. Will we still be summoned for an interview if it is being processed at the NBC?

Thanks for your help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X