No announcement yet.

GC for siblings - even worth bothering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC for siblings - even worth bothering?

Hi, I am contemplating my options of obtaining a green card. My sister is a citizen and she could apply for me. But as I see in visa bulletin, the wait time is 10+ years Plus I heard that when US Congress was discussing the immigration overhaul couple years back, immigration offices were flooded with new petitions. I can only assume that because of that the wait time is only going to grow. So is it even worth bothering applying? Are there cases that are processed quicker?

Yes, it is going to take a long time.

However, if you would like to come to the US on sibling basis, what other choice you have? Sooner you get in line, sooner you will get.

Of course, other options are available to such as employment based, investment based green card etc., if you qualify for them.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I have spoke to few people who have taken that route.. however what they all said is that it was not worth for them to Immigrate however their children automatically became immigrants and they got to University here as they are dependents.

As every parent wants the best for their Children it worked out in other ways.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X