X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greencard question..not common

Hi~
    I am wondering some timing information.

Does anyone have any idea how long a GC takes nowadays from US EMBASSY in Jamaica for a GC via spouse(USC) (married over 15 years) when APPLYING when Both husband/wife live overseas in Jamaica (not in US)? Assume the USC would be fine as a sponsor with no issues.

Also-would this process be affected if the spouse had a GC for about 2+ years previously, but the couple moved back to Jamaica, therefore GC was voluntarily surrendered. What happens if/when they possibly want to reapply about 6 years later or even less? Would this fact be a hinderance? There are lots of complexiites (mostly familiar/medical/business) giving reasons for no concrete plans for future..

Thanks in advance! Just trying to get information for the 'in cases'..

PS. To further complicate, I should add or question if the GC applicant spouse would be allowed to travel (vacation/visit spouse family) to the Us once the application is made? I am asking because said spouse is already a dual citizen of JA and Canada. So normally CDNS can travel to the US without any visa.

I am assuming that the sponsor would be moving to the US. Please confirm.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Yes-the sponsor (me the USC) would move back if I applied or apply while living in JA still. We would then both move back once received but wanted to know how long this takes nowadays. This would be after living in that country for many years, having a GC (and moving to the US for a few years w GC sspouse), then moving back to JA.

This is all hypothetical,,but I am just deciding what to do....or weighing options for a later date.

Thanks..

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      I am assuming that the sponsor would be moving to the US. Please confirm.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X