PDA

View Full Version : i 130 approved,but not received at nvc after 3wks,please help

molu0212
06-21-2010, 06:27 PM
i filed an i 130 for my husband when i was an LPR and got approved after 2ys and 10 months on june 2nd 2010.but it hasn't reached nvc yet.i called nvc and they asked me to scan my approval notice and they will contact uscis after 15 working days to locate my file.what a situation,i waited so long for an approval and now i am stuck again.anybody have a clue? i don't know what to do.i called uscis and they told me to wait 90 days.any suggestion?

molu0212
06-22-2010, 06:29 PM
any suggestions please,anybody heard of a situation like this? does nvc search for the case ?if they do how long they take,any reply appreciated:(

visjig
06-23-2010, 02:59 AM
i filed an i 130 for my husband when i was an LPR and got approved after 2ys and 10 months on june 2nd 2010.but it hasn't reached nvc yet.i called nvc and they asked me to scan my approval notice and they will contact uscis after 15 working days to locate my file.what a situation,i waited so long for an approval and now i am stuck again.anybody have a clue? i don't know what to do.i called uscis and they told me to wait 90 days.any suggestion?

What is your priority date on your Notice of Approval? This date will help you determine if your case is current or not. At the moment processing is ON for priority dates before 01-July-2008. I am the same category as your husband of F2A category. See my timeline below.

Good luck.

lionslayer611
06-23-2010, 05:01 AM

Send it again and have it certified. Always remember, when you're sending important documents have it certified.

molu0212
06-23-2010, 09:21 PM
thanks for the reply.but my case was f2a but not any more,its IR1 now because i became a us citizen and my case is approved as us citizen" spouse.still my priority date is 28 sep 2007.i sent e mails to nvc to research the case ,but no answer yet,any body know how long nvc takes to research for a case with uscis and notify me

molu0212
06-26-2010, 09:50 AM
i contacted a congress man to inquire about my case and they called after 2 days asking for nearest consulate in India and they said my husband will get correspondence from Chennai ,but I can't understand my approval is still with uscis somewhere ,it didn't get forwarded to nvc then how can it reach consulate,and i don't think congressman requested for expedite service,any body have any wild guess, and what else i can do to get my case to nvc. does ombudsman help?please give me some suggestion

rajalucy
07-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi all of u,

my i130 was approved on april6,2010 but NVC have no record of my case. my PD is dec2007 that is current from june2010
july6 going to complete 90days
have infopass for july 6
went to congessman`s office 2weeks ago but no reply yet!!!
NVC research my case and sent me an email saying that your case is located at losangles field office.
USCIS cant help me till 90 days then after that they can let me speak to higher authority.

i think it is happning a lot since they jump high in priority dates.

please post here if you get any update in your case.

rajalucy
07-02-2010, 03:52 PM
just recieved an email from vermount service center
Good afternoon,

Your case was transferred from the Vermont Service Center (VSC) January 4, 2010 to the Los Angeles District Office (LOS). It does appear that LOS approved your case on April 5, 2010. For more information on your case and whether it was sent to the National Visa Center, you will have to contact LOS. Their contact information is as follows:

USCIS

Room 1001

300 North Los Angeles St

Los Angeles, CA 90012

molu0212
07-03-2010, 09:10 AM
hi

i think we are in the same boat,I have my case in LOS too,they are very bad in transferring cases .my congressman replyed me yesterday that my case was transferred to NVC on 29th june 2010,but NVC still doesn't have anything in their system yet,I have an infopass on 9th june,lets see what happens.Anyway i did sent a mail to LOS on 29th june,god knows if they are going to respond to that,any keep posting please,i will do the same too

rajalucy
07-03-2010, 10:20 AM
thnx sure i will post every thing

what is the email for LOS is the same that posted on USCIS or it is some other office.
vermount service center give me the address but not the email

you mean infopass for july9 not june 9 ?

csc-ncsc-followup@ dhs.gov <<<< is this the email.

molu0212
07-03-2010, 12:30 PM
hi
info appointment is on july 09.they may not give me any info on that because mine appoval was on june 02.so any way there is no e mail for LOS,the e mail you mentioned is for califrnia service center ,only way to contact LOS is usps mail.any way i contacted my senator's office too last week,lets wait and watch

r u on F2A category or IR1

rajalucy
07-03-2010, 03:04 PM
hi
info appointment is on july 09.they may not give me any info on that because mine appoval was on june 02.so any way there is no e mail for LOS,the e mail you mentioned is for califrnia service center ,only way to contact LOS is usps mail.any way i contacted my senator's office too last week,lets wait and watch

r u on F2A category or IR1

i am on f2a
uscis insisted that it will be there at nvc before 90days.i am gonna wait till tuesday if nothing happens then i will send inquiry to los by post mail.
congressman`s office is not that helpfull like people says on furm.

i wonder what happens to those who are not aware of there cases or who got no access to the internet!!!

just wait and wait and wait :confused:

mgor
07-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi
i am stuck the same like you.My pettition was approved on Apr 02,2010.Pryority date is Apr 15,2008,wich is earlier than Jul 01,2008.My pettition is in LA field office too.I request them by e-mail and regular mail to expedite my pett,but no answer.Right on the 90th days i called NVC, and they still don't have it there!
I was a LPR status when i submitt pett for my wife,and have became a citizen this march.I was F2A preference group,which is my group right now?!?I saw category as IR1,what is the difference,where can i find info about it?Please!
talk to you soon

rajalucy
07-06-2010, 02:10 PM
i went to immigration office with infopass. this guy said to me "this is just an approvel" and said "do you understand how this process"

when i explain him that my case was sent to NVC but they never get it.

then he said he will send an email to LOS and will call me in 3-4 days, if not then i can infopass again for next week

he also said that it is normal that they asign officers from local office from anywhere

MGOR _ hi,
go to the local office with infopass and see what they say.

rajalucy
07-06-2010, 02:18 PM
and also i called USCIS this morning. on 22nd june i had pending inquairy
today when i called them they said they have received my inquairy and they are working on it and if they dont respond till july22 i can call them back and chek about it.

mgor
07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Hi
i am not in us now,but anyway these guys at infopass(Boston) are useless.i called uscis earlier today.the lady told me to count another 90 days after June 16(I request them over the phone) and "advised "if the pett is not at NVC to call them back!!It is 13th buisiness day,and i hope will be there soon.
how do you know when the petittion it has been sent or is still at LA field office?
cheers!!

rajalucy
07-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Hi
i am not in us now,but anyway these guys at infopass(Boston) are useless.i called uscis earlier today.the lady told me to count another 90 days after June 16(I request them over the phone) and "advised "if the pett is not at NVC to call them back!!It is 13th buisiness day,and i hope will be there soon.
how do you know when the petittion it has been sent or is still at LA field office?
cheers!!

u call NVC and find out if it is there or not. once is there u all
set to pay the fee and submit documents.
one of my friend paid her fee in march but her hubby is still waiting for an interview

molu0212
07-06-2010, 11:02 PM
hi mgor,check you approval notice ,did it say spouse of us citizen? did u upgrade your petition when u became a us citizen,IR1 is the immediate family of u s citizen,then u don't have to wait for a visa no to be avaliable like residents,

mgor
07-07-2010, 03:42 AM
Hi there
I am citien and my wife i beneficiary.I have become citizen on Mar 18,2010 and called uscis right the same day to addjust my status.they gave me conf.nomber and allso sent them coppy of nat.certificat and supporting letter on Mar 22.Thats way they approved my pettition about a week later on Apr 02!!!I should not notify uscis anymore!!
cheers!!

mgor
07-09-2010, 09:34 AM
hi guis
do know how to reach customer service representative over the uscis phone number.i have done this few times but i can't do it now.:mad:
do you have good news anibody of you?i am still wayting.just sent second request about my pett to NVC.:o
cheers

molu0212
07-09-2010, 09:52 AM
i haven't heard anything about my petition yet from nvc,still waiting.
anyway when u call uscis go with 1,2,6 sequence to speak to a representative,means u r going to select option that u lost your receipt no,so they will connect u to representative.call your us representative office on a weekly basis and find out who is incharge of ur case,in my case they inquire and said uscis transferred my case to nvc on 29th june,but i haven't heard about anything from nvc yet ,i am going to wait for 1 more week before i call my7 us rep's office again.i hope uscis sent it because they returned my photographs and bank statement on june 29th saying that my case was approved and they don't need all these evidence so they r returning it,

so i just have faith in god and waiting

mgor
07-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi
when was last time you reach them this way?This way you told me does not work.Last time i called i didn't press any key untile it transferd my call to CSR.Every single time is diferent,do not why!:mad:

rajalucy
07-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi
when was last time you reach them this way?This way you told me does not work.Last time i called i didn't press any key untile it transferd my call to CSR.Every single time is diferent,do not why!:mad:

yes call uscis # and then press like u need the forms then when it ask do u know the forms u need or u dont know the forms then press #2 like u dont know the forms you need.
then it will connect you with live oprator.

maruthi25
07-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi All,

I got my i-130 approval on Feb 4, 2010 (PD is 1Jul08). its been more than 90 days for USCIS to send my case to NVC, but it didn't happen so I called NVC they said they research and get back to me, which they did saying "USCIS has not sent any approval letter or packet to NVC" so I am trying to get infopass to findout, but my question is: I am currently in India, I want to get this process started, do you know how long will it take for rest of the processing?

Please give me some advise what to do next,

Appreciate your feedbacks

rajalucy
07-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi All,

I got my i-130 approval on Feb 4, 2010 (PD is 1Jul08). its been more than 90 days for USCIS to send my case to NVC, but it didn't happen so I called NVC they said they research and get back to me, which they did saying "USCIS has not sent any approval letter or packet to NVC" so I am trying to get infopass to findout, but my question is: I am currently in India, I want to get this process started, do you know how long will it take for rest of the processing?

Please give me some advise what to do next,

Appreciate your feedbacks

u cant have infopass. only the person living in usa can have it to go to local immigration office. first thing is get ur case to nvc and pay visa fee and submit all the documnets

molu0212
07-14-2010, 09:24 AM
hi guys

finally i got my case no from nvc by e mail yesterday.thanks to god and the congressman's henry cuellar.who ever is in my position please contact your congressmen or senator and bug them,don't give up,call them frequently until they give you any word on your case and trust god and never leave him,keep on praying every moment.

hopefully you all get a good news like mine soon

rajalucy
07-14-2010, 11:41 PM
molu congratulations and wish u the best
i pray for u for ur well being and happy life

mgor
07-15-2010, 02:21 AM
good luck molu0212!earlier you told me to call my state rpresentative and now advised us to contact congressman?
i called nvc yestarday they still dont have my petition there:mad:
cheers

ronkey
07-15-2010, 05:59 AM
you will receive a lettet of your case processing and priority date

mgor
07-15-2010, 08:04 AM
you will receive a lettet of your case processing and priority date

Hi ronkey.
i dont have to carry about priority date.i am us citizen and according that: immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, visas are always available, which means that your family member does not need to wait in line for a visa.So since i've received an I797 on April 02,2010(approved petition)my case should be at NVC long time ago.what i can do now,unless wayting?:confused:
cheers

molu0212
07-15-2010, 02:54 PM
hi mgor

i contacted my congressman first and they worked on my case,then i contacted senator's office because i was too anxious,any way by the time senator contacted uscis it was already in nvc.so they didn't have to work on it.but my congressman really worked for my case.i mean you can contact any body senator or congressman ,they will make the case move.so call them every other dabecause they will have some office staff assigned to your case.ok.

good luck,now i am waiting fornvc to start my case.

thanks for all who supported me ,i will pray for you guys

rajalucy
07-15-2010, 09:53 PM
in my case congressman help nothing but each time i call them they says we will call u when we get some info on ur case

its about a month no help from them

mgor
07-16-2010, 07:04 AM
hi mgor

i contacted my congressman first and they worked on my case,then i contacted senator's office because i was too anxious,any way by the time senator contacted uscis it was already in nvc.so they didn't have to work on it.but my congressman really worked for my case.i mean you can contact any body senator or congressman ,they will make the case move.so call them every other dabecause they will have some office staff assigned to your case.ok.

good luck,now i am waiting fornvc to start my case.

thanks for all who supported me ,i will pray for you guys
hi molu0212
thanks for the advice.i think to e-mail my congrman,because i'm not in us now.do you think will work?by the way which state do you residing?you were in India now,right?how you going to submit your affidavit of support?i will tel you then what i wave in mind.
What about you rejalucy,what is your state?mine is Massachusetts.
cheers;)

molu0212
07-16-2010, 07:23 AM
hi rajulucy
if your congressman is not helping call your senator's office.go to them in person and shed some tears if needed.because they need to feel sympathy for you.keep trying.

i reside in texas.right now i am in usa,i was cancelling your trip to india because of my this case but now that i paid my affidavit of supprot and iv bill yesterday i am planning to go to india in august.

rajalucy
07-17-2010, 10:20 AM
hi rajulucy
if your congressman is not helping call your senator's office.go to them in person and shed some tears if needed.because they need to feel sympathy for you.keep trying.

i reside in texas.right now i am in usa,i was cancelling your trip to india because of my this case but now that i paid my affidavit of supprot and iv bill yesterday i am planning to go to india in august.

my senator`s office is 300mile away from me. i just download fill and sign the authorization letter and spoke to guy in his orlando office.
i am gonna send them all my paperwork on monday.
lets see

rajalucy
07-24-2010, 10:26 AM
i have expedite request to uscis. they said iu gota wait for 5days

mgor
07-25-2010, 06:08 AM
i have expedite request to uscis. they said iu gota wait for 5days

Did you call them rejalucy,or...I calling CIS every other week and still nothing.I've request CIS(month or so ago) officialy over the phone and couple of days i've got letter-We will send your petition to NVC??!!
Two weeks ago-Wait two week;last friday-its on the way!!!I also autorised my congressman to reach cis,corts,whatever...,still no answer!
cheers

rajalucy
07-26-2010, 03:10 PM
i got email from them saying
your case has been transferred to the immigration office listed below. please inquiry to:

california service center

rajalucy
08-04-2010, 11:36 AM
hello guys mine got to nvc and i got my case number

here what you got to do.
cal uscis and tell them about your case and tell them its uscis error and you want to make an EXPEDITE REQUEST because uscis error.
some how your case is sitting at(____office) but it should be at nvc

it works,
give it a try and you will see.
you can only make an expedite request after 90 days waiting period

i hope this helps you

mgor
08-05-2010, 02:25 AM
hello guys mine got to nvc and i got my case number

here what you got to do.
cal uscis and tell them about your case and tell them its uscis error and you want to make an EXPEDITE REQUEST because uscis error.
some how your case is sitting at(____office) but it should be at nvc

it works,
give it a try and you will see.
you can only make an expedite request after 90 days waiting period

i hope this helps you
good job rejalucy
i have made expedite request already,almost 2moths ago!they gave me another 90 day waiting period?!!tell me please,when you go to "check case status"on uscis site what is it saing.i mean before you got your case in nvc.mine says"post decision activity".

good luck

molu0212
08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
congrats raju lucy

best wishes with further processing.

rajalucy
08-05-2010, 10:37 AM
good job rejalucy
i have made expedite request already,almost 2moths ago!they gave me another 90 day waiting period?!!tell me please,when you go to "check case status"on uscis site what is it saing.i mean before you got your case in nvc.mine says"post decision activity".

good luck

thank you,
my case status is initial review as they never update.
but why 90 days for expedite request (emergency request = expedite)
if your pd is current then you should call back and tell them that why they are taking so long.
gud luck mgor

mgor
08-06-2010, 04:59 AM
thank you,
my case status is initial review as they never update.
but why 90 days for expedite request (emergency request = expedite)
if your pd is current then you should call back and tell them that why they are taking so long.
gud luck mgor
they sent you a e-mail about your request,right?i have received a regular mail from USCIS 300 North Los Angeles st,Los Angeles CA,90012 which saing:the status of your request is:
recently,you contacted us to iquire about the status of your I 130 Aplication.Your case WILL :confused:be transferedto the NVC.Please call the NVC in 90 days.if they have not received your case within 90 days of the date of this letter(June 16.2010)please contact us again by calling our customer service number.
i will keep posting

cheers

rajalucy
08-06-2010, 09:41 PM
i got an email from them saying your case has forwarded to nvc sp next week you will get your case #. mine took like 5-6 days after email

pinoy339
08-09-2010, 04:21 AM
my I-130 petition got approved :)
i read through this thread and looks like i have to wait like 90days to hear from NVC, is that right?
also says on the notice of action letter that NVC will be contacting the beneficiary.
i wonder how much more time do i have to wait and what steps follows after hearing from NVC,
cold someone (who have already successfully went through all steps) pls post a timeline from I-130 approval all the way to the interview, which i think is the final step?
thanks in advance :D

umaira
08-10-2010, 01:13 AM
I just want to let those friends who are already in USA holding a valid visa and who are the beneficiary of an approved I-130 petition and their priority date is current now, they can file for AOS; I-485 immediately without having to wait to receive any further correspondence from NVC or to locate their case etc.
I just got it confirmed via immigration lawyer, you can also discuss it with an immigration lawyer.
My priority date is March 16th, 2008 and I-130 approved and am currently in USA and was just waiting for any further correspondence from NVC because even after 90 days i didn receive any letter from, contacted NVC who informed that they have not received my case and asked to send a query to nvc research office which i did 10 days ago with no response back. Finally talked to the lawyer who told me that i dont have to wait for this correspondence from NVC and file I-485 straight away.
Thanks to all of you for sharing your insights in this regard.

romeo_J
08-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Hi molu0212 and all,

I am a newbie in this forum. Actually just registered today. Thanks molu0212 for creating this thread because I am in the same boat as you were earlier.
My I-130 was approved on July 20 but NVC hasn't received it yet. I have already sent copy of my approval notice to NVCResearch@state.gov a week ago and still waiting for their reply. I doubt if my case is also transferred to LOS.
By the way, how did you know that your case was in LOS molu? Did NVC tell you so?

Lets share experience, thoughts and have all come together for the best way out.

Thanks.

mgor
08-20-2010, 05:08 AM
hi all
i just have my petition in NVC on Aug.17.Finally!And now i am traing to expedite the process to the consulate.
cheers

romeo_J
08-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Congrats Mgor for getting your case @ NVC.

I have been waiting since a month now and still not arrived at NVC. Went to my congressman yesterday. This is so frustrating.

mgor
08-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Congrats Mgor for getting your case @ NVC.

I have been waiting since a month now and still not arrived at NVC. Went to my congressman yesterday. This is so frustrating.

i know buddy.i have wait 4,5 months for my docs to reach nvc!!!!!!!!and still have many things to do!
good luck!keep posting

romeo_J
09-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Did you do expedite at NVC mgor? What was the result? What document did you send to NVC for expedite request? Pls. share ! Thanks !

daru786
09-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Some of you folks seems to be confused. NVC handles cases for immigrants intending to come to US after their petition is approved and their Priority Date is current.
On the other hand if you are already in US, you have to file I-485 AOS (Adjustment of Status). If you were outside US when the petition was filed but now in US, you just have to inform NVC that you will be adjusting your status instead of consular processing.
Good Luck!