Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the benefit of a greencard for a person who has no issues getting a visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the benefit of a greencard for a person who has no issues getting a visa

Hi Everyone ,
    I am a US citizen and i was wondering if i should apply for a green card for my mom . She does not have the intention of working here but she would like to spend about 6 months of a year here with me and maybe more later in life . Currently he holds a 10 year visa , this si her second one , she does not have any problem gettign non-immigrant Visas. If i apply for a greencard and if they take it away at one point due to not being a full time resident , would it make it harder for her to get a visitors visa again ?
    What are the benefits of a greencard if you are not working in US ? can she still retire and be elligable to retirement or health benefits by simply beign a green card holder ?
    I really appreciate your help and answers , i am tryign to figure out if thsi application makes sense at all .
    Thanks
    GW

Hello,

A greencard holder is supposed to be a permanent resident. If she does not stay in the U.S. on a permanent basis, you could risk her losing the greencard. If she loses the greencard, it could be very difficult to get visas and a greencard in the future. As far as the benefits of being a greencard holder are concerned, you have to work for 40 quarters to receive social security benefits. After five years, she would be able to get medicare, but would have to pay for it. Here is a link that discusses the benefits of having a greencard.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X