Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO EAD but got I485 Interview letter, Please help me

Hi Forum,

My spouse, who is a US citizen, petitioned for my green card on Apr 15th 2010 together with my I-130, I-765, I-131 & I-485, after we got married in US in 02/14/2010, (I'm currently on F1 and my DMV Licence is expired on 05/31/2010. Recently I completed my MS and graduated on 05/31/2010, i have NOT applied OPT through my school campus, my last date for applying OPT was on 06/26/2010).

Below mentioned are my current activities so far:

04/15/2010: Sent the packet to USCIS Lock box, IL.
    04/19/2010: Packet received date.
    04/26/2010: Received I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131 notices on same date.
    05/19/2010: Biometrics were taken on VA field office.
    05/25/2010: Biometrics notice letter send again with finger print date post marked 05/19/2010. (May be send twice through mail, so just ignored it.)
    06/16/2010: Notice date for I-485 Interview Appointment
    07/26/2010: I-485 Interview Scheduled Date

??/??/2010: I-131 advanced parole.
    ??/??/2010: I-765 for EAD.
    ??/??/2010: I-485 & GC.

Please help me for thefollowing questions:

1. When will my EAD and advance parol travel document will get approved?
    2. Why did I got interview letter for I-485 before my EAD & Advance Parol approvals? any reason? I got NO RFE is isuued.
    3. When will my actual green card will get approved?
    4. I'm I considered OUT OF STATUS in my I-485 interview? (Since I have not applied OPT which is expired on 06/26/2010 through my school)

Thanks for Help
    Akhira

Depending on the consulate you apply, time to get EAD is generally 3-4 months and time to get actual green card is 6-8 months after initial receipt, again this can be case specific. You can check status of your EAD on USCIS website, using I-765 receipt number and can also notify them if you have any concerns.

Regarding your last question, as you are no longer on F1, technically you are out of status, but since you have already applied for adjustment of status, you are legal till application is being processed. This is a gray area. I would check with others on this.

Best

Comment

On the same boat!

Hello,

I have recently received my interview date, but I have yet to receive my EAD.. I was wondering what happened at your interview. Did you ever receive your EAD? Or did they just approve and ordered your green card?

Hope all went well with your case.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Redlands View Post
        Hello,

I have recently received my interview date, but I have yet to receive my EAD.. I was wondering what happened at your interview. Did you ever receive your EAD? Or did they just approve and ordered your green card?

Hope all went well with your case.

Thank you in advance!
        EAD time line is 90 days from the date of application, provided there are no issues. You may call the USCIS customer service number and make an inquiry. Since your interview is in near future, you may want to just wait. If you get an approval at the time of interview, you will probably get your GC withing 7 to 10 business days. You may take your I-797 notice of approval to the DMV for the renewal of your Drivers License. Most of the times they will accept it.
        Good Luck!
        Last edited by daru786; 09-28-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I also received my interview date for GC but no EAD yet. When did uscis receive all your forms? My receipt dates are 8/10/10

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X