Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents GC via Concurrently Application

To All,

My parents were visiting the USA on tourist visa. Approximately a month into their stay I applied for their green card via concurrent application. I used all resources for application from the USCIS website. All basic information is available with a little search. This fourm provided a guidline for timeline and any out of the ordinary scenarios based on other experiences .

Please find below the timeline for: "US Citizen applying for GC for parents via the concurrent application process while parents are in the US"

Timeline for Mom and Dad

2/18/10: Mailed application package for both parents (Regular Mail USPS).
    2/26/10: Application Fee checks are cashed.
    2/26/10: Received Receipt notice for I-130 and I-485
    3/08/10: Received biometrics (FP) notice.
    3/11/10: Received RFE - Need Birth Certificate
    3/18/10: Finger printing at USCIS location.
    5/21/10: Received Interview Notice (Recieved after Two months since it took us time to get and send the RFE-Birth Certificate)
    6/24/10: Interview Date - APPROVED!!! (Interviewed Mom and Dad Together)

Take 7 to 10 days to get GC after interview.

Interview Experience: (Mt. Laurel, NJ)

1. USCIS personnel were very polite.
    2. Since all documentation was provided as petitoner I was not asked for any additional supporting document.
    3. He did thoroughly go over the all passports issued to my parents and make sure timelines matched with what he had.
    4. Approved once all was to his satisfaction.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for posting your experience.

Request: I would appreciate if you would kindly stick around and help answers the questions by others are who are still in the process. I am sure you must have learned a lot in this process and others would surely benefit from it.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I would be glad to give my advice to best of my capacity.

Comment

medical check up

thanks for your post.
        I would like to know where did you get the medical check up done for your parents ?
        Is there a list of physicians does USCIS recommend?
        I am in the process of applying for my mothers green card.
        Thanks.

Comment

The USCIS website has a link to locate to USCIS Civil Surgeon near your place. The link below is the USCIS link that will identify a USCIS approve civil surgeon based on zip code.

If the link does not work. Go to the USCIS website and click on "Resources". Clik on the link on the right that says "Designated Civil Surgeon". Than on the right side click on the link that says "Find a Doctor".

Hope this helps

Comment

Very Helpful - time frame info.

Dear kshah24,

I found your posting very helpful. I am currently in UK but my sons live in US and they are US citizens. I am desparately trying to get back to US. I lived in US for 27 years under permanent residency status but I've been out side of US for 3 years now.

I never had to deal with US immigration in the past because I never left US more than a few weeks at a time.

Your parents were visiting you in US under B2(?) visa and while they were in US, you sent I-130 and I-864 application, right? See... I did not know that intendent immigrants could be in US under tourist category for family base GC application by immediate family (sons/daughters).

My son back in US is going to submit the petition and although he is not financially stable (He is 23 and working part time in the restaurant and going to school - staying with my Ex's extended family home), I have a friend who is willing to be a joint sponsor for me.

In this case, I don't have to stay and wait in UK for anther year or so...I can get B2(tourist) visa and enter US and we will get the forms ready to be sent out for me - in the mean while...I wil be back in the States!!??!!!

I am dying to go back as soon as possible. I want to see my sons....see my friends and see the place I lived for all my adult life. If I could be certain that I will get my GC through family base sponsor, and is US does allow intending immigrants to be already in US under tourist visa, I will go on and leave tomorrow!!!!!!

Please clarify this for me....thank you (sigh...)
            Last edited by tray; 07-09-2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Tray: Do not multiple post same question on un related topics.

If you keep a single post then you can continue the chain and ask all your questions and people can go back to your original post and understand the whole history and train of thought.

Do remember to be careful about applying for a B2 Visa as you have sons in the US, you maybe rejected due to Dual Intent i.e. They may flag you as a potential immigrant.

Such repeated rejection are recorded and will have an adverse impact on future Immigrant / non immigrant applications that you may file.

Do not give the immigration authorities that you are try to enter the US by Hook or crook, even though you are eager to be with your sons.

best of luck.

Comment

Dear Tray,

There are couple of things you have to be aware of for Concurrent application of immediate relative:

1. The immediate relative has entered the united states legally.
                2. Your son and co-sponsor should be able to support you.
                3. If USCIS feel that you coming with the intention to immigrate they can reject you application.
                4. If you meet all the requirements of the application and submit all the necessary documents than the process is simple.

In my case my parents used to come to the US very often for a short period of time. We just applied so they could stay longer periods with us.

The USCIS website clearly explains the whole procedure. The USCIS has all historical information of applicants. As "Xkuger" said make sure you do everything the correct and legal way.

Thanks

Comment

Interview this Wednesday

Hi kshah24,

My father has the GC interview this wednesday. I have a couple of questions.
                  1) I filed i-485 along with i-130. I haven't received any decision on i-130 besides the receipt notice. Now the GC interview. Is this normal? Interview letter asks for doc establishing eligibility for LPR. But I-130 is suppose to be this doc right?
                  2) I am the sponsor for my dad. Can I accompany him as a interpreter/translator (he can understand English, but not fluent) or do I need to have my wife accompany him?
                  3) What were some of the interview questions?
                  4) I submitted all the required docs during the initial application process. Do I need to take them again? Like a recent employment letter/salary slip etc.
                  5) What are the next steps in the process?

Thankyou

Comment

Cmore,

This is normal.

Yes you should accompany your dad if you are the sponsor.

In my case the officer asked for my parents passports and he wanted to see if they travelled on vlid visa documents. They just ask general questions nothing worth getting tense about.

The officer did request to see my original birth certificate. Do carry ALL original documents including passports.

The officer will tell if he or she has approved the application after interview. The GC comes in 10 working days.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck - Don't stress out.

Comment

Ready to file I-130, I-485 and Advance Parole for Parents but I-94 is expiring soon

Hi,

I'm ready with all the forms I-130, I-485 and Advance Parole completed with other documentation (evidence) for my Parents immigration filing. But, their I-94 is expiring in 20 days. I'm not sure if this is enough time for USCIS to process the I-130 and I-485 for both and issue/send the receipt notice before their I94 expiration date.

The dilemma is that if I send the documents to USCIS and if they didn't issue the receipt notice by I-94 expiration date my parents will be out of status/over stay and their is a possibility that I-485 will be rejected. Is this correct? Any info/advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Good News.
                        My dad's LPR got approved. Officer verified his and my birth certificates and his passports, visa and I-94. Then she asked him about his previous visits and dates and how long he stayed. When she made sure he did not over stayed, she approved. Overall it was quick and easy. Took 10 mins.

Originally posted by kshah24 View Post
                        Cmore,

This is normal.

Yes you should accompany your dad if you are the sponsor.

In my case the officer asked for my parents passports and he wanted to see if they travelled on vlid visa documents. They just ask general questions nothing worth getting tense about.

The officer did request to see my original birth certificate. Do carry ALL original documents including passports.

The officer will tell if he or she has approved the application after interview. The GC comes in 10 working days.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck - Don't stress out.

Comment

Congrats Cmore...

Comment

Bhunga,

You should send before the I-94 expires. I am not sure but you need to recieve the notice before the I-94 expires.

I think there is no harm in sending it. If you do get the notice you will be in luck. Otherwise the just withdraw your case.

I would get the advice of a lawyer asap.

Comment

Hi kshah24,

Thank you for your response. I will wait till I get my Visa sorted before I tried to enter US anyhow.

Hi Xkuger,

I duplicated my post and I am very sorry. At the same time, I thank you for yours and everybody's advise.

Cheers,
                              Tray

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X