Parent Names - Birth Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent Names - Birth Certificate

This question is about documents to be produced at the Immigrant Visa Interview i.e. Birth Certificate. I have read that when being interviewed that details of both parents need to be shown on a Birth Certificate. If the Birth Certificate only shows the name of “one” parent because the mother was not married and the father was not present at the time of registration of birth will this have any effect of approval of the visa? The Birth Certificate with only one parent name is for a UK based Derivative Beneficiary.

Well most of the discussion has been around a father being there but his name not being recorded appropriately on a birth certificate (missed due to error / ommission).

However if its a case where the mother did NOT choose to disclose / record the name of the father and made a choice to bring up someone as a single parent, I am sure that should be acceptable with a letter / Affadavit from the mother...

These are realities of the modern age and I do not seem there would be a problem with that as long as its stated accurately with necessary supporting documentation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X