No announcement yet.

How long for apt letter/interview date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long for apt letter/interview date?

When is it likely that we will receive the apt letter?

According to the Aug bulletin that came out today, F2A is currently 1Mar09 and our PD is 15Mar09. Presumably, our PD will be current in the next bulletin.

We have already paid the IV fee, etc and sent in the appropriate forms such as the I-864 and the DS-230. We will have the interview at the embassy in Ireland.

Thank you!

Timings vary all the time and it is very difficult to predict for anyone.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I believe that it should come after your PD becomes current.(maybe you know this too)!!!!!! Depends how busy your embassy in Ireland is as well and considering that all your documents are okay.

Let us know when you receive it as that will enable us to predict ours as well!

Good luck.

Comment

Well you are guessing and want us to confirm your guess... as the moderator has indicated it is purely up in the air with PD data movements.

Sometime 1 week can take 3 months. Sometimes many years can move the next bulletin.

I would suggest your guess is any good as anyone else's. As everyone is guessing only, I do not believe anyone can give you a date whith certainty.

Take everyday bulletin as it come along.

Comment

Once the cut-off reached pass your Priority Date (which is hopefully on the September 2010 Visa Bulletin), you will have to wait atleast 6 to 8 weeks before you would hear from the NVC. If you stated your email address in your DS-230 Application, they will email you a PDF file containing Appointment Date/Time with your US Embassy and instructions for your Medical Exam. It will state also what documents to bring e.g. copy of most current Tax year Income Tax Return of the Petitioner (if not submitted with the Affidavit of Support)

If after 6 weeks and you haven't recieved any email from the NVC, ask the Petioner or any family representative to call NVC @ 603.334.0700 and inquire the status of your application. Same situation happend to my brother that's why I share this information to you. Good luck and best wishes!

Comment

Just for information, when did you start receiving all the corresp. from NVC for paying the IV fee AOS fee etc?

My dughter is under F2b - so we were wondering how soon - brfore the PD actually gets current - can we expect to start receiving the documents

Thanks!! and good luck!

Originally posted by jlev4 View Post

According to the Aug bulletin that came out today, F2A is currently 1Mar09 and our PD is 15Mar09. Presumably, our PD will be current in the next bulletin.

We have already paid the IV fee, etc and sent in the appropriate forms such as the I-864 and the DS-230. We will have the interview at the embassy in Ireland.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by visjig View Post
              I believe that it should come after your PD becomes current.(maybe you know this too)!!!!!! Depends how busy your embassy in Ireland is as well and considering that all your documents are okay.

Let us know when you receive it as that will enable us to predict ours as well!

Good luck.

@ Visjig,
              It sounds as if several people have received it before the PD is published. As far as I can glean from other posts/forums, that is often how people predict PD's for upcoming bulletins.

@geetika2004,
              As I understand it, they're taking advantage of the downturn in applicants to process as many applications as possible before year end, even applicants who are not current this year. I think you'll find helpful information on dates in the F2A thread.

@lewkhask and immihelp, thanks for your helpful feedback.

Comment

Received Interview Date

Thank you!
                Just to share our update, the interview date we received via email is for Sept 7th.

Comment

Just to share our update, the interview date we received via email is for Sept 7th.
                  Great news jlev4. So now preparing for your medical? Let us know how everything goes.

Good luck

Comment

hey.... how did your interview go? did not hear anything back from you. hope everything went good.

My case got completed on October 4th. Do you have any idea when would I hear from them now...... any guesstimates?????

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X