can this be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can this be done?

I am a US citizen.I had applied for my brothers greencard few years ago. Since then my parents have become green card holders. His I-130 was approved last year and presently he is waiting for his visa number which may take years still. My question is " can his application be transferred from "4th category"( brother and sister of US citizen) to 2B ( unmarried son's/daughters of green card holders) at this point or not?
    any help will be appreciated.
    thanks
    misha

Originally posted by misha View Post
    I am a US citizen.I had applied for my brothers greencard few years ago. Since then my parents have become green card holders. His I-130 was approved last year and presently he is waiting for his visa number which may take years still. My question is " can his application be transferred from "4th category"( brother and sister of US citizen) to 2B ( unmarried son's/daughters of green card holders) at this point or not?
    any help will be appreciated.
    thanks
    misha
    You cannot Transfer you petition but your parents can file a new petition for your brother. So eventually, your brother will have two petitions for him.

Seeing that the difference between cut-off dates for F2B and F4 category is nearly 3 years. I would suggest that your parents too file a petition for your brother ASAP.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X