Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice on form I-864

hello all,
    My spouse is a US citizen and I'm planning to send the completed paperwork to apply for the green card for my self,I'm working on H-1B visa at the moment.
    the problem that after I read all the instructions to apply for the GC ,I realised that my wife didn't earn any income this year because of her pregnancy and then taking care of the baby,the whole family depends on my income so how is that going to work with regards to filling I-864 form??

thanks

I an unsure in case of H1, but if you have earned 40+ points in your social security statement, you don't need the sponsor to fill I-864.
    Like I said, I have no clue how H1 folks get points or if the get points.

Comment

Originally posted by wess76 View Post
      hello all,
      My spouse is a US citizen and I'm planning to send the completed paperwork to apply for the green card for my self,I'm working on H-1B visa at the moment.
      the problem that after I read all the instructions to apply for the GC ,I realised that my wife didn't earn any income this year because of her pregnancy and then taking care of the baby,the whole family depends on my income so how is that going to work with regards to filling I-864 form??

thanks
      You need a joint sponor or someone living in your wife's household like sister, brother, mother or father who can fill the I-864A.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X