X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 application for my Mother and Brother

Hello dear Immihelp team.

I am a US citizen since last yr.

I am going to file a petition for my mother and my brother.

I just looked up the fees .they have almost doubled the petition fees.Is that true? $355 per person.

Secondly: I have a few questions for my mother's petition work as my dad passed three yrs ago.Pls suggest as per ur expertise.
    Pls refer to the form I-130 for the relevant items.

Items #1,#20: What name should I use in the petition?My mom had added her last name on her passport as Gurdeep Kaur Mann where as on my Birth Certificate her name is Gurdeep kaur.

#8: Date and place of present marriage ?? what if she is widowed ? what information to fill in for this?

#11,#12: Name of Prior Husband ;Date of marriage ended ?
    How do I answer this for a deceased parent ? My mom is widowed ,not divorced?

#17: List Husband /wife and all children:
    Does ths have to include my deceased father's information,as well all of my siblings as well as me?

Thanks for your time and expertise.

For ur convenience .I have inserted the link to the form I-130 for the questioned items.
    These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

Deepi.

Thanks for posting deepi. I have answered all your question to the best of my knowledge. Feel free to post more questions if you have any concerns.

Originally posted by deepi78 View Post
    I am going to file a petition for my mother and my brother.

I just looked up the fees .they have almost doubled the petition fees.Is that true? $355 per person.
    You are right they are $355 pp for I-130. Also you will need to file two seperate petitions - One for your mother and another for your brother

Items #1,#20: What name should I use in the petition?My mom had added her last name on her passport as Gurdeep Kaur Mann where as on my Birth Certificate her name is Gurdeep kaur.
    As per my knowledge you go as per the name in your mom's passport

#8: Date and place of present marriage ?? what if she is widowed ? what information to fill in for this?
    Make sure you select "Widowed" in her current marital status and they will understand. Also the question itself says "(if married)" As your mom is widowed she dont have to put anything here.

#11,#12: Name of Prior Husband ;Date of marriage ended ? How do I answer this for a deceased parent ? My mom is widowed ,not divorced?
    Put name of your dad for Name of Prior Husband and the date of your father's death for Date of marriage ended.

#17: List Husband /wife and all children:
    Does ths have to include my deceased father's information,as well all of my siblings as well as me?
    You have answered the question yourself here. Well done.

Also I would suggest you go through the sample I-130 here https://www.immihelp.com/form-i-130-...lien-relative/ and also read thoroughly the instructions on how to fill the I-130

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks a lot.

I have a couple of more questions pls.

1. While my mother's/brother's I-130 petition n then Green Card Visa etc. is in process,can they still apply for a visitor visa to the USA if needed??

2. What would be a better thing to do? If I file I-130 petition for my brother who is now 29 yrs old or when my mom gets her US citizenship..which is another few yrs to go. I mean I am not sure which one would be stronger and faster?

Many thanks , blessings and appreciation for your valuable input.

Deepi.

Comment

One More Question.

As a Peramnent Resident,i used to send a notification with chnge of address.

As a US citizen, do i need to do the same ? The AR-11 change of address form asks for Alien no. which does not apply to me ? what should I do in this case?

Thanks

Deepi.

Comment

Thanks a lot.

I have a couple of more questions pls.

1. While my mother's/brother's I-130 petition n then Green Card Visa etc. is in process,can they still apply for a visitor visa to the USA if needed??

2. What would be a better thing to do? If I file I-130 petition for my brother who is now 29 yrs old or when my mom gets her US citizenship..which is another few yrs to go. I mean I am not sure which one would be stronger and faster?

Many thanks , blessings and appreciation for your valuable input.

Deepi.
          Answer 1:- They can apply for visitor visa but during visitor visa process if they ask about I-130 then please declare that.

Answer 2:- Definitely your mom will get her Green card and then her US Citizenship before the processing for your brother will even start. But consider the facts that your mom will need to undergo an interview to become a US citizen. The processing time if your mom applies for your brother upon gaining her own US citizenship is 9-10 years, if your brother is married.

On the other side of the coin if you apply for your brother now the processing time for your brother will be around 10-11 years.

The prudent way is to file for your mother & brother now and see what the processing times are for your brother when your mother becomes US Citizen.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Comment

One More Question.

As a Peramnent Resident,i used to send a notification with chnge of address.

As a US citizen, do i need to do the same ? The AR-11 change of address form asks for Alien no. which does not apply to me ? what should I do in this case?

Thanks

Deepi.
            No you do not need any forms to report your change of address as you are a US Citizen.

Good luck.

Comment

Wonderful.Thanks so much.
              This has been great help from your side.
              Deepi.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X