Question about 1st preference - Unmarried son of US Citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about 1st preference - Unmarried son of US Citizen

I have a general question about processing procedure for family based green card, 1st preference. My mother petitioned for me when she became US citizen. I am unmarried, older than 21 and present in US under a F1 student visa. My I-130 was approved and my priority date is April 29, 2008. I also received a letter from National Visa Center saying that I will be notified when a visa becomes available to me. I looked at the Visa Bulletin and they are now processing applications with priority dates before August, 2005.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me what is the procedure in this case. Do I have to expect them to mail me a note before I see my priority date in the Visa Bulletin? What do I to do after I see my priority date in the Visa Bulletin? How long will it take for me to file an I-485(application for green card) after I see my priority date in the Visa Bulletin?

I know that it is still too early to worry about this, but I wanted to know so that I can plan accordingly. Any information regarding timing and procedure will be appreciated.

Thank you

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X