Household size question in the Affidavit of Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Household size question in the Affidavit of Support

hi need some clarifications regarding the household size field in the affidavit of support.

my brother, sister and i live together and share the rent in this apartment that we live in. i am petitioning my wife. i am the main sponsor and my wife the beneficiary.

questions

1) what would be the household size that i should put in my affidavit of support? im guessing my household size would only be 2 (me and my wife)? not 4 ? say, my income is enough to meet the 125% poverty level, do i have to include my brother and sister in the household size count ??? they both dont depend on me.

2) now let's say i did not meet the 125% poverty level and my sister is willing to be a joint sponsor, what will be my household size this time, im thinking it's 3? not 4.

i need some advice pls, thank you!

Originally posted by pinoy339 View Post
    hi need some clarifications regarding the household size field in the affidavit of support.

my brother, sister and i live together and share the rent in this apartment that we live in. i am petitioning my wife. i am the main sponsor and my wife the beneficiary.

questions

1) what would be the household size that i should put in my affidavit of support? im guessing my household size would only be 2 (me and my wife)? not 4 ? say, my income is enough to meet the 125% poverty level, do i have to include my brother and sister in the household size count ??? they both dont depend on me.

2) now let's say i did not meet the 125% poverty level and my sister is willing to be a joint sponsor, what will be my household size this time, im thinking it's 3? not 4.

i need some advice pls, thank you!
    Answer 1:- household size 2, i.e., you and your wife.

Answer 2:- household size 3, i.e., you, your wife and your sister.

Can you tell me if you have been authorized to start the process for I-864 by the NVC?

Good luck.
    Last edited by visjig; 08-04-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by visjig View Post
      Answer 1:- household size 2, i.e., you and your wife.

Answer 2:- household size 3, i.e., you, your wife and your sister.

Can you tell me if you have been authorized to start the process for I-864 by the NVC?

Good luck.
      hi thanks for the prompt reply
      i havent been authorized to start the process yet, just received a notice from uscis that my petition was Approved so i just went ahead and did some research and readings about the next steps in the process ..
      im just basically trying to gather some pertinent information that would help smoothen the process

from what i understood next step for me(petitioner) would be the Affidavit of Support etc and for the beneficiary ds-3032 sumthin like that lol .

already told my wife to gather all important documents such as marriage cert, police clearance etc

thanks again visjig

could u also pls reply to my other thread re income requirement ty
      Last edited by pinoy339; 08-04-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinoy339 View Post
        hi thanks for the prompt reply
        i havent been authorized to start the process yet, just received a notice from uscis that my petition was Approved so i just went ahead and did some research and readings about the next steps in the process ..
        im just basically trying to gather some pertinent information that would help smoothen the process

from what i understood next step for me(petitioner) would be the Affidavit of Support etc and for the beneficiary ds-230 sumthin like that lol .

already told my wife to gather all important documents such as marriage cert, police clearance etc

thanks again visjig

could u also pls reply to my other thread re income requirement ty
        Dont bother yourself too much with your income requirements for the current year. Make sure you send in your copy of employment contract and whatever payslips you have of your $400 per week............ when you get the authorisation to fill your AOS then do let us know and we shall answer your questions further.

Are you a US Citizen or a GC holder? and what country your wife having her consular processing?

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by visjig View Post
          Dont bother yourself too much with your income requirements for the current year. Make sure you send in your copy of employment contract and whatever payslips you have of your $400 per week............ when you get the authorisation to fill your AOS then do let us know and we shall answer your questions further.

Are you a US Citizen or a GC holder? and what country your wife having her consular processing?

Good luck.
          ok thanks

and currently i am only a green card holder , would being a US citizen hasten the process in general? as i heard people say.

my wife is in Manila, Philippines

will keep you posted soon as i hear from NVC

thanks again bro

Comment

i-130

Hi, I am US citisen, filed I-130 for my husband in may, have latter with case number. I'm also checking case status every day but there is no changes. Now I'm wondering if USCIS will hold a case 5 months before their made decision. I am not familiar what it will happen after case is sent to NVC, how long it will take to send info to consulate in Sarajevo and how long they need to finish aplication??? He is in Bosnia and Herzegovina where marriage took place. I really need some info, it's so difficult to deal with all of this and waiting time..... ...... Pleaseeeee help.....((

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X