Applying GC to my brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying GC to my brother

My husband and myself are both naturalized citizens(2009) of USA. I have a brother(age 26) working in India. We have applied H1 visa for him but got rejected both the times. So now we are planning to apply Green card for him. We are not able to decide which is the better option. Option1: Whether to apply GC to my parents first and later when they become citizens then apply GC for my brother through them or Option2: directly apply GC for my brother. Right now he is unmarried and working. He is getting married in December 2011. Will his marital status effect any of the above two options. Which option is faster. Your advice and time is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am not sure if I have asked my question in the correct category. Please advice. Thanks

I would apply for both asap. Time line would end up being the same. Brother and sister category would be the faster route, can take upto little over 9 years. If he gets married, he will fall under F-3 catergory through parents which takes around 8 years plus the 5 years for your parents to become citizen.
    Last edited by daru786; 08-05-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X