General Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Question

Hello, how are you? I have a general question regarding an immigrant visa. It's a bit complicated. I am married to a non-us citizen who is Dominican and currently living there (marriage less than two years) I filed for an I 130 for her last year in August and I put the names of my two step daughters on the application. I then went ahead and submitted all of their paper work (orig birth cert, affidavit of support etc..) The national visa center continued to accept these paperwork and processed them. Now, a couple of weeks ago fortunately I received an appointment letter for Aug 30 2010 (Great!! so far) however, I noticed my stepdaughters name were not on the appointment package. I then called the embassy in dominican republic, she told me that the interview only pertained to my wife and not the girls. Then I called the national visa center and they told me the same and that they already forwarded the package to the embassy. Apparently, It appears I was suppose to file three seperate alien petitions, I was not aware of that. I thought the minor children (7 and 8) get derivative status. Nevertheless, we have the appointment and I do not know what actions to take at this point. Do I submit the other two I 130 with payment and correspondence explaining what happend? and bring the girls with me to the interview? Do you have any advice? was I suppose to file three seperate petitons (I130)? Is there someone I can call at your establishment? I would appreciate any help in this matter.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

You will have to start all over again for the step-daughters.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X