Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important request

Hello

This is an important request that i make to you. I will try to tell you the situation as it is. My name is Yann, i am french, 32, and my significant other is an american citizen, 53, currently unemployed.

I have come 3 times here under the Visa Waiver Program, but this time, a CBP officer told me that i came too often and that i have to go back at the end of my trip, then i won't be able to come back during one year and that also i will need a visa to come back. You will easily understand that this situation (that i didn't expect at all, i mean i didn't mean to do anything wrong) is hard for us. I would love to know if a marriage with her would allow to make me stay or not, or if we should leave together if we don't want to be separated.

Thank you for your advice, i hope you'll be able to answer to that request. I hope you understand that i need a sincere answer. One lawyer told me that it is possible but i prefer to consult several before to do anything.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

If you get married to him, you can stay in US permanently. Read
    https://www.immihelp.com/family-based-greencard/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

The officer is trying to scare you. There is no law or statute that dictates you must get a visa next time you visit. Of course the officer at the port of entry can decide to refuse admission (whether you're using the VWP or even a valid Visa), but "you are not allowed to come back using the VWP coz you come too often" is not a valid reason for refusal.

The immigration officer tried the same junk with me six years ago. I spoke to an immigration attorney when I got back to London and she told me he was "yanking my chain" and probably hadn't had enough caffeine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X