Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refugee from Russia

Hello,

My name is Millie Love and I have a young friend who lives in Russia. I met her approximately 6 years ago when I visited Russia through an organization in the United States called Children's Hope Chest. She was my translator on several visits to Russia to visit a Russian orphanage in Galich, Russia. She graduated from a university in Kostroma in June 2009 and has been working in Moscow at different jobs trying to make ends meet since that time. She has also made a couple of trips to the United States, one in the summer of 2007 to work for the YMCA at a camp in North Carolina and in the summer of 2008 to visit me and my family in Flower Mound, Texas.

She was actually born in Uzbekistan in 1987 as her Father was in the military. She returned to Russia at a young age and graduated from school in Kostroma as well as from university there with a degree in languages. She speaks English quite well. She has recently had to surrender her passport in Russia because the authorities have told her she is not a Russian citizen! She is trying now to obtain a passport through other means, by declaring that she is not a citizen of Uzbekistan, has lived in Russia since a young girl, went to school there, etc. but to date has had no success.

Is there any way she can qualify as a refugee and enter the United States and obtain work here? I would be willing to pay for her transportation here and give her a place to live until she can find work and get out on her own. She is a very intelligent young lady and would be a hard worker. Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

I don't think so, based on what you have described.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X