PDA

View Full Version : My H1B on 221(g), for additional administrative processing

nlnandha
04-26-2005, 03:02 AM
I attended H1B interview on April 21 in Chennai Consulate. My case has been refused on 221(g) stating that my case needs additional administrative processing. The visa officer said, they dont need any more information from me and I dont have to do anything. He further said that After the processing is over, the US Consulate will get it touch with me. My passport was returned back to me, but my original experience letters and copies of degree certificates and copies of marksheets have been retained.
I come to know on reading this forum that it may take months for the US consulate to contact me.

1) Is there any way that I can get back my original experience certificates?

2) Aproximately how long does it take for the Consulate to contact us?

Anyone with similar experience, please share your thoughts / suggestions.

ronin
05-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi,

Mine is similar case but was happened in Year 2000. They took One and Half year to get back. There is no way you can get your original exp.letters back from them.
All you have to do is just wait.

Good Luck.

nlnandha
05-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi Ronin,

Thank you very much for your valuable reply. So, its going to be a looong wait.
Ronin, meanwhile, my current employer is about to sponsor me L1B visa. But I think, its better i dont proceed with L1B now. Coz, while I go for L1B interview, it will be very clear to the Visa officer that I already have a H1B on 221(g) refusal as they had marked that in the last page of my passport.

I request your valuable suggestion if I can go ahead with L1B processing or shall i keep things on hold for the next several months?

Once again I thank you and appreciate you a lot for sharing your experiences.

Logesh
05-17-2005, 04:12 AM
Hi

I attended the interview and got refused under 221(g) in the month of March, 2005. But later I sent the answers to them by mail and just last week i got a mail from the consulate saying my case was approved.

So pls wait till the time they mentioned in the form given to u (I beleive its 4 weeks). If u dont get any reply...then start sending mails to the consulate asking the status of ur case. They may follow it up.

In between if u want to get back ur exp letter also..send a mail to them.

All the best.

Logesh

nlnandha
05-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi Logesh,

Thanks for your reply.
For my case, the Visa officier said that there is no specific time frame within which the additional administrative processing will get complete. So, I guess, i will have to wait indefinitely.
Anyway, as per your suggestion, I shall email and shall update this forum if anything turns out.

Regards,
Nandha

Reha
09-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Hi,

I am a software engineer. In month of June I have been to the consulate in Chennai, India to get my H1 visa stamped, however I have been put under additional admin process. Before this they made me come to the consulate three different times for all sorts of paper work from the client. It has been now more than two months and I did not hear anything at all from the consulate so far. I am getting worried.

Can anyone tell me, how long is this process? When can I start contacting the consulate via phone/email for a status check? Is there anyway I can help myself in speeding this process? Can I meanwhile apply for another visa, say H1(through another company) or L1, is that possible?

The wait is frustrating, not knowing the time period this process might take? Please kindly give your thought. I appreciate any feedback on this in advance...

Thanks,

gautamvv
09-26-2006, 01:52 AM
can anyone please clarify whether my understanding about 221(g) aap
is right or wrong after reading what i think it is...

221(g) aap means they will provide a blue sheet asking for additional
documents, and they return our passport, (if stamping done, they will
take our passport, and post us our visa and passport), and then we can go to the consulate at any time within one year every tue,wed and thu between 10 and 12 in the morning without taking any prior appointment and show them the required documents after getting them..............

now from where does this waiting come from?

is 221(g) different from Additional Administrative Processing?

vbobba
10-09-2006, 04:57 AM
I attended H1B interview on March 1st 2005 in Chennai Consulate. My case has been refused on 221(g) stating that my case needs additional administrative processing. The visa officer said, they dont need any more information from me and I dont have to do anything. He further said that After the processing is over, the US Consulate will get it touch with me. My passport was returned back to me, but my original experience letters and original degree certificates and original marksheets have been retained.
I come to know on reading this forum that it may take months for the US consulate to contact me.

1) Is there any way that I can get back my original degree certificates and marksheets?

Anyone with similar experience, please share your thoughts / suggestions

vijayabhaskar
07-28-2007, 01:34 AM
I attended H1B interview on nov 27 2006 in Chennai Consulate. My case has been refused on 221(g) stating that my case needs additional administrative processing. The visa officer said, they dont need any more information from me and I dont have to do anything. He further said that After the processing is over, the US Consulate will get it touch with me. My passport was returned back to me, but my original experience letters have been retained.

1) Is there any way that I can get back my original experience certificates

Anyone with similar experience, please share your thoughts / suggestions

vijayabhaskar
07-28-2007, 03:18 AM
please tell me the email id to know my case status and if any helpline numbers to check my status

vishalsingh
09-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi friends
I am yet another fly caught in the wrap of 221g today .They are asking for client details and original marksheets with exp letters to be dropped on the dropbox ...can anyone suggest what should i do considering the time they take to return the docs?
thanks

vishalsingh
09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi friends
I am yet another fly caught in the wrap of 221g today .They are asking for client details and original marksheets with exp letters to be dropped on the dropbox ...can anyone suggest what should i do considering the time they take to return the docs?

sagor0101
11-27-2007, 07:55 AM
I was interviewed on December 2006 and after interview VO told me need AAP before issuing a visa which is done by DOS. So I think it will take max 2/3 weeks. But 1 months gone then I tried to call DOS and consulate twice/thrice a week and got the sweet …and frustrating word “Pending”. By this situation Eleven months gone but no result from consulate or DOS. I know how I pass that moment because I really don’t know how long they will take to complete my AAP. I really loose all my hope about visa. Hope who is suffered long long time like me will realize my situation. Anyway after a long long wait on November’07 Consulate called me to send my Passport and I drop my PP to consulate but amazingly after 3 days consulate return my passport without visa stamping and told me that they need further AAP.. That was really a frustrating situation for me. I lost all of my energy and hope, again I called to DOS and consulate but same result. Anyway on November 15th Consulate office called me to drop my passport again and after a long long wait I got my Visa at last.

So my opinion though I am not a lawyer but from my personal opinion that who is stuck for AAP they will definitely get visa if they don’t have any criminal or bad record.(maximum case done by 1 weeks to 2 months and some cases required one year or more like me)

irfmohd
12-04-2007, 12:05 AM
I had an interview on 05-Nov-2007 at US Visa Consulate in Mumbai, Interview went very well. At the last madam at the counter told me that “The Name looks to be in Common Name List and need to put in for Administrative processing” Gave me the yellow slip selecting the following:

“If you have been requested to wait until the Consulate contacts you, please do not make an appointment. Your case requires further administrative processing and the Consulate will contact you once this has been completed.”

I have sent them a mail...and the reply that I got it is "Awaiting result from Washington"......can anybody tell me how much time does it takes to get reply from Consulate on AAP for B1 Visa....

Regards,
Irfan

mubin78
12-23-2007, 03:08 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am one of the 'fortunate' to receive 221(g) in my first interview with Mumbai VO. I had attended my interview on 02nd Nov 2007. It went fine. However, i had been told that my case will be sent for 'Administrative Processing'.

For last 2 months, I have not got any response from Mumbai consulate. I had send them couple of mail, however not received any response from them.

I would like to consolidate all 221(g) case in Nov-2007, this will help everyone to see status of the cases. Hence request you to update your case

Mubin Shaikh - Interview date 02nd Nov 2007 - Till date waiting for update

thanks
-Mubin

NEELAMIT
12-24-2007, 02:36 AM
Ladies and Gentleman,

I am also sailing in the same boat.
i got 221(g), Pink slip from Chennai consulate on 30-Nov-2007 and still waiting for update.

could any one tell me how much time it will take.

Good wishes to all.

Regards,
Amit

machugaridayakar
01-22-2008, 05:58 AM
http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/us-consulate-chennai.html

Regards...
-Dayakar Reddy M

lals_03
03-12-2008, 01:35 AM
I had my H1B visa interview on 19th Feb 2008 and my case has not been approved yet. I checked online status and it says pending. Is there anyone who had similar experience at New Delhi? Any idea on average how long may it take at New Delhi? I have another question. The counselor retained my Passport by saying that it will save me a day or two. Is it ok to leave passport with the counselor?

Any response is greatly appreciated?

chitragurung
05-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Hi

I had interview today with consulate in Kathmandu. My one is L approved I 797 and I was accompanying my wife too but had not approved I 797. But consulate handed me white paper 221 (g) indicating administrative processing. All my passports, documents are with them. But I found hints several forum on internet and it may takes long time and some forum or lawyers saying that it may revoke.

I wondering what will be the resulr of above case ? Can you help me out so that I can be fresh.

H1bvisa123
12-11-2008, 12:08 PM
My friend went for H1b visa stamping interview on 8th Oct 2008 at Delhi Consulate. The interview went on well and at the end of interview the VO took his passport, DS-156, DS-157and I797 doc and said that he is all set to go to US and he will get the visa in 4-5 days. But after waiting for around 10 days when he enquired about his visa status he learnt that his visa is pending under administrative process. Since then he has been waiting for visa. Till now there is no news about his visa. Its been 2 months now. Neither they have asked for any additional documents nor issued any 221g forms (like blue, pink, yellow or white) unlike in some of the 221g cases which I have read in the forums.

Everytime he enquires about his visa status the enquiry guy just says that it is still under administrative process.
I would really appreciate if anyone can suggest or share their views on this situation.

naveenraja
09-14-2010, 03:17 AM
Hi

I went for visa interview on 13th September 2010 at Chennai Consulate. I am here, in India, on a vacation and had to stamp my visa as I had transferred my Visa from employer "A" to "B". Currently, I am with employer "B".

I was given BLUE form 221(g) with "Additional Administrative Processing Required". I was told that I can track it online and I will be contacted.

I have been working in the US from 2002-2006 then from 2008 - till date. In 2004, I had a h1 petiotion from company "X" that I did not use.

In the interview, I was asked why I took the petition from "X" and why I did not use it. I was also asked why I went to the USA in 2008 six months after my petition was approved for company "A".

Further Info:
1) I worked for "A" from Sep-2009 to Feb-2010 and transferred my Visa to "B"
2) I went to the USA (after a vacation in 2009) thru company "A"'s visa and transferred the visa to company "B". Now, I am on vacation in India on "B"'s petition, but the previous visa stamping is with company "A".

Please help me!

Thanks & Regards
Naveen Raja

shervin143
09-14-2010, 12:10 PM
What exactly is your question?

Hi

I went for visa interview on 13th September 2010 at Chennai Consulate. I am here, in India, on a vacation and had to stamp my visa as I had transferred my Visa from employer "A" to "B". Currently, I am with employer "B".

I was given BLUE form 221(g) with "Additional Administrative Processing Required". I was told that I can track it online and I will be contacted.

I have been working in the US from 2002-2006 then from 2008 - till date. In 2004, I had a h1 petiotion from company "X" that I did not use.

In the interview, I was asked why I took the petition from "X" and why I did not use it. I was also asked why I went to the USA in 2008 six months after my petition was approved for company "A".

Further Info:
1) I worked for "A" from Sep-2009 to Feb-2010 and transferred my Visa to "B"
2) I went to the USA (after a vacation in 2009) thru company "A"'s visa and transferred the visa to company "B". Now, I am on vacation in India on "B"'s petition, but the previous visa stamping is with company "A".

Please help me!

Thanks & Regards
Naveen Raja

naveenraja
09-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Hi

Thanks for your interest.

My question is how long will it take for "Chennai Consulate" to contact me or give me an update on my H1B visa? Can I be hopeful as the passport is with "Chennai Consulate"? Is it bad/illegal to have a H1 petition and not use it? (it's during 2004 when I was working on L1)

1) I 've been given a 221g blue form and the passport is with Chennai Consulate
2) The officer asked me to check the status online
3) "Additional Administrative processing" is selected in the blue form
4) No additional documents were asked

Hope that helps!
Thanks Naveen

shervin143
09-15-2010, 10:29 AM
My question is how long will it take for "Chennai Consulate" to contact me or give me an update on my H1B visa? Can I be hopeful as the passport is with "Chennai Consulate"?
>>> The time taken to complete the admin processing is different for each case. So it is hard to predict the duration. Search for posts related to 221g (or) admin processing (or) administrative processing in the forum and read the experiences posted by others.

Is it bad/illegal to have a H1 petition and not use it? (it's during 2004 when I was working on L1)
>>> No. That is okay.

naveenraja
09-16-2010, 04:02 AM
Hi

Thanks for the answer.

The fact that I forgot to mention is .... This was not my first appearance to the visa office. In the past, I have not been questioned on the H1 petition (that I had in 2004 when I was working in L1 and the one which I did not use ever). Also, another info. is that I came to India on a vacation with a return ticket.

Once my friend was given 221g but they did not held the passport. But, in my case passport is with Chennai Consulate.

Perhaps, I am wrong to track the passport status (or) wrong to check the case status within 4 days... I was told by my HR that they will be checking for visa details in Washington (or some center) and positively everything will be fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Raja

sathishkumart
04-15-2011, 02:36 AM
Hi,

I attended visa interview on 24th march 2011 for H1B stamping. VO gave an blue slip and she said that i have to submit some extra documents stating what exact work will be for me in that project and description about that project.

I got all the details from my client and submitted all the documents with my passport in VFS center chennai. After one week i got an email saying that processed passport can be collected from VFS center.

When i collected my passport, there was an blue slip saying that, your case requires additional administrative process and the consulate will contact you when a final decision is made.

How much time it will take. will the USCIS revoke the H1B??.

Did this happened to anyone. Kindly help me in this regard.

Sathish Kumar

shervin143
04-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Search and read the posts related to 221g admin processing.

Hi,

I attended visa interview on 24th march 2011 for H1B stamping. VO gave an blue slip and she said that i have to submit some extra documents stating what exact work will be for me in that project and description about that project.

I got all the details from my client and submitted all the documents with my passport in VFS center chennai. After one week i got an email saying that processed passport can be collected from VFS center.

When i collected my passport, there was an blue slip saying that, your case requires additional administrative process and the consulate will contact you when a final decision is made.

How much time it will take.
>>> Each case is different, so no one can predict the time that will take to resolve an individual's 221g.

will the USCIS revoke the H1B??.
>>> If required, yes they can.

Did this happened to anyone.
>>> It is definetely not new. Has happened to many people. Follow this thread for 221g cases.
http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83302

Kindly help me in this regard.
Sathish Kumar

221Blue_29March
04-20-2011, 01:01 AM
@Satish,

My case is exactly similar to yours. only difference is the interview date - mine was on March 29th. Got passport back last week with the blue notice saying administrative processing. still waiting for any update or communication from the consulate.

prasadak
04-20-2011, 01:42 AM
I recently appeared for H1-B stamping at Chennai US consulate.
I got 221(g) green slip from consulate(with no case number or batch id is marked) for providing some of additional documents at VFS drop box.
The contents are same as that of blue slip. Could you please tell what does 221(g) green slip means in the case of Chennai consulate ?
Can I check the status online?

shervin143
04-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Check the below link to read about the different colors of 221g forms.
http://www.immihelp.com/visas/221grefusal/

You will need a tracking number to track your case online. If you don't have one, then talk to the VFS helpdesk and they may help.

I recently appeared for H1-B stamping at Chennai US consulate.
I got 221(g) green slip from consulate(with no case number or batch id is marked) for providing some of additional documents at VFS drop box.
The contents are same as that of blue slip. Could you please tell what does 221(g) green slip means in the case of Chennai consulate ?
Can I check the status online?

arunreg
04-21-2011, 08:11 AM
@satish and 221Blue_29March,

My case is also similar. I went for visa stamping on March 21st 2011 and received a 221g for extra documents like paystubs for entire time, work itinerary etc. I submitted the complete set of requested documents on April 6th. Within a week I got an email stating that my application has been processed and my passport can be picked up. I opened the package and found my passport along with another blue slip saying additional administrative processing is required and the consulate will contact me once they are done with the processing.

I checked with a few lawyers and forums and it said that if they have returned the passport back and mentioned administrative processing, then it means that they have sent my application back to USCIS for revocation. Is this true or does it depend on a case-by-case basis?

shervin143
04-21-2011, 12:28 PM
I checked with a few lawyers and forums and it said that if they have returned the passport back and mentioned administrative processing, then it means that they have sent my application back to USCIS for revocation. Is this true or does it depend on a case-by-case basis?
>>> If that was the case, you would have received a visa rejection letter with the reason for rejection. There are cases where they have returned the passports since it might take more time than usual to complete the admin processing. Once the admin process is completed and if it is successful, then they will send you a letter to return your passport to VFS for visa stamping.

arunreg
04-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Is it advisable to check with the DOS for 221g cases(blue slip)? It is my 3rd week and I atleast want to know if my case has been returned to DOS for review or it is still with the Chennai consulate?

221Blue_29March
04-26-2011, 02:46 PM
@arunreg:

in some other forums, it is said to wait until 90 days after the submission of docs. calling DOS in some forums, says nothing fruitful. they will say still pending processing.. so be patient for some more time...i know the frustration whenever a mail comes and how we feel if it is not from the consulate..hope and pray for the best for all of us..

arunreg
04-27-2011, 06:51 AM
One update. I got one set of docs returned today(paystubs and bank statement) from the consulate via courier. It didn't say anything other than my case number written on a sticky sheet on top of it. They have retained my client letter, vendor letter, PO, offer letter, etc with them.

I don't know what to infer from this other than that some kind of processing is going on and my case is alive.

northwest
07-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi Guys, did anyone get approval from Chennai consulate after 221g blue additional admin processing?

I am in the same boat, I got my passport back exactly 3 weeks from June 20 when I dropped off the docs requested, without the stamp saying my case is under additional admin processing.

rpyern
08-10-2011, 02:26 PM
I attended the visa interview on may 24th, 2011 in chennai consulate. VO asked me about the project. I replied with correct answers. He has the doubt that my employer is not genuine. He said he need some additional documents by giving me the 221G green slip. I did not checked the slip at the counter. After coming out I saw the slip, I already have the documents which VO marked in the green slip. He asked for tax documents of Employer, offer letter of mine,all the contracts between client and employer. I submitted those docs on May 27th in the VFS center. The case ID is mentioned on the green slip. After 2 weeks I called to the Chennai consulate and asked the status of my case based on the ID, they said its under Additional Administrative Processing. After that I am calling every week to the consulate and I am getting the same answer from them that its under administrative processing. 2 months passed. I don't when I will hear from them.

My221g
08-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Me, my wife and my kid went to the Interview. i have been in in US for the past 5 years.My VISA is H1B and my green card is under processing.

This is my 3rd time stamping experience.Previous ones are so cool.but this time :confused:I have attended the interview on July 22nd in Chennai Consulate. VO asked me lot of questions about my Vendor and my Employer.i gave all the supporting documents.Then they have inquired in the separate room (Room No 13). I was really confused. Then one of the official asked me to write a sworn statement about my employer.I did with all the experiences.Then I gave almost recent 25 Pay stubs, I 797, I29, W-2 tax papers for three years, client letter, employer vendor agreement and so on.

Then VO issued the 221 G Blue slip " Additional administrative processing" required.My family's all documents and passports are still in the Chennai consulate.
I am daily tracking my passport but i received the same message"Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate".

Our passport and all the real documents are still in the consulate this my third week.Any one could you please share your suggestions regarding this case would be very much appreciated.

immibv
01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
We (me and my wife on H4) went for H1 extension interview on Jan 3rd 2012 at chennai consulate
i got a blue slip 221g stating addl.admin processing!!
i am working in US for more than 6 years, has my GC in processing , had all the relevant H1 documents in the interview... very unfortunate i had to travel to india due to a personal emergency and now struck here with paying my home rent, insurance and other bills in the US. dont know what will happen to my job...
i had attended 3-4 visa interviews in the past and all were cool except this last one which was so horrible.. they questioned me for 45 minutes in two counters , asked me to sign a typed letter with the information i provided and was given a blue slip after that saying it will take 2-3 weeks and returned my passport.

Any help guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Kumar1128
01-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Hi

You wont find online information for 221 g Blue Additional Admin Processing cases of chennai consulate. You will have to wait for the consulate to contact you. I am also stuck with 221 g AAP. My interview was on 31st Oct 2011 and i have not heard anything from the consulate. Stay cool and be confident. Good Luck

irfanali99
01-09-2012, 12:58 AM
We (me and my wife on H4) went for H1 extension interview on Jan 3rd 2012 at chennai consulate
i got a blue slip 221g stating addl.admin processing!!
i am working in US for more than 6 years, has my GC in processing , had all the relevant H1 documents in the interview... very unfortunate i had to travel to india due to a personal emergency and now struck here with paying my home rent, insurance and other bills in the US. dont know what will happen to my job...
i had attended 3-4 visa interviews in the past and all were cool except this last one which was so horrible.. they questioned me for 45 minutes in two counters , asked me to sign a typed letter with the information i provided and was given a blue slip after that saying it will take 2-3 weeks and returned my passport.

Any help guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Mine also same case. I attended Interview on Jan 5th 2012 in Hyderabad consulate. VO asked around 20 quesiton on Client, Vendor, Employer and their relationship. He even ask my Health Insurance. Finally he signed on the all answers which i provided. VO said, he need to re-confirm all the answers and then he will get back to me.

Here is my email addresss : irfanali9@gmail.com

sathys01
03-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Hi IMMIBV
Do you have nay update on your case? Please keep us posted, I am on the same boat.

arigatou
03-28-2012, 08:53 PM
I found hinted at several forums on the Internet, it may take a long time and some forums or lawyers said it may be revoked.