extremely nervous , help me to understand please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extremely nervous , help me to understand please

Hi,, please if somebody can help me to understand what is my position right now,, I do not know what to do

Here my story, I am mexican and I met my husband 3 years ago,, very close to the border by tijuana, he was living in mexico at the time, I have my tourist visa, called VISA LASER,, that also is a border crossing card,, I have always crossed to san diego with no problem ,, My boyfriend at the time moved back to USA, and I was visiting him regurlarly here in USA,, always asked for my I-94,,, but last time that I was coming for short visit,, he was lazy about to stop to get my I-94,, of course I can crossed withouth it cause I am crossing with my border crossing card,, then we did it that way , legally inspected by the officer in my boyfriends card , that was in May 2010,, I suppose to be here for few days but he conviced me to stay longer and longer and finally he asked me to get married at the beggining of this year,,, and we got married in March 2011,,, we are living currently by orange county,, and we have contacted several lawyers,, some said My adjustment of status would be denied cause I do not have the I-94,,, two of them said that my boarding crossing card is enough to prove that I entered legally,, I do not know if not having a I-94 would open the possibility of being denied,, even do I enter legally , our marriage is real,, we love each other and I am freaking out,, cause I have been here for almost one year,, and I am so afraid they denied me and make me leave,, I am so scared that I am about to leave USA and travel back requesting my I-94,,, to have it,,, but NOW a lawyer says that I already married that they will know I was here because my marriage certificate date,, I dont know what to do,, my mind says go to get the I-94,, at least prove that I enter legally,, I want to know if somebody know if this 2 lawyers told michael the true and I will be fine just with my boarding crossing card,, actually we decided to get married in march cause the lawyer said that I was already in USA,, just get married and he will file my papers with the boarding crossing card with no problem , I am still very scared,, Does anybody can advise me what to do? Thanks in advance ,

Extremely nervous

It is likely that your AOS will be deny based on the fact that you were not legally inspected, though you entered through the border and was inspected on your boyfriend's card or I-94, the only way that USCIS can be certain of your legal inspection is through the I-94 card. Adjudicators lack initiatives and if you are unlucky to meet a hawk, she /he will want to make sure that everything is as it is written or specified in the adjudicator's manual. You are in a precarious situation, if you go back to Mexico you may be barred from entrying USA, for 10years or in the alternative you may go back to mexico marry your friend in Mexico, tender your Mexican marriage certificate( forget about your marriage in the USA-that is your personal affair), do a consular adjustment in Mexico. In the alternative do your adjustment here in the States, confront the devil and if you are denied( nobody is sure of USCIS-they have approved the most ridicuous and denied the most undeniable in the past), take your chances at the immigration court and prove that you were legally inspected but was not given an I-94, present your crossing card/ note Mexican border crossing card is not a visa.

Lionofafrica.
    Last edited by lionofafrica; 03-28-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X