Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO registration for infants for staying more than 180 days in India

Hi,

I am in little confusion and trouble as my kid (who is of 1 year age now) stay is more than 180 days now (it is almost 200). I remember, infants (upto 2 years of age) with valid PIO card need not register with FROs if their stay is beyond 180 days. Is that really true ? If not, what should I do now ? Should I approach and explain to the FRO (The SP of district, if I am right) .. will there be any issues ? What is the right approach to handle this ?

Appreciate your help, well in advance
    Siva

read New
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

have you done registration?

We are also in the dilema whether we need to do registration for our daughter is she is india morethan 180 days.

Could you pls tell me whether you registered your baby or not?

Comment

I registered in the local SP.
        All copies of my PIO Passport etc I handed them over to the local authorities.
        A PIO holder can reside in India for the duration of the validity of the PIO ,15 years.SHE or HE should register with the local Police authorities 1 month before the start of the 6th month.You will be given a booklet like do's and dont's in India I guess,after registartion.

Best place to inquire is the local SP office,they will inquire in the state capital if any clarification is needed to be done.
        Seemed a pretty straight forward process.
        Last edited by satishk; 11-22-2007, 05:18 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X