PDA

View Full Version : Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

rakesharm
11-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Hi,

I appeared for my H1 interview at US Consulate, Chennai on 3rd Nov 2011. VO approved the visa ( no slips are issued) and said that the passport will be sent to me.

But it's almost 1 week now and I haven't received my passport yet. When I track the passport on VFS site, it shows the following message:
"Your passport is under process at U.s Embassy/Consulate"

Is there anyone i can contact regarding the status of my passport or should i just wait till i receive it.
Please help me if anyone has anything to share regarding this.

Thanks.

shervin143
11-08-2011, 09:44 PM
It can up to 10 days to get the passport. If it takes more time, then there are possibilities that the case might have gone into admin process. Wait for 1 more week and contact the consulate or the VFS helpdesk.

veeraprabhu
11-09-2011, 10:41 AM
I sail in the same boat ... my dad had applied for tourist visa on oct 31st and hasnt got his passport yet so I contacted the consulate and they told me that they are having some printing issues and thats the reason for the delay.

keep us posted on if you got ur passport

tomy304
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
My wife attended H4 visa interview at Hyderabad Consulate on 31-OCT-2011. The VO informed her visa was approved but still we did not receive the passport yet.Send an email to Hyderabad Consulate and waiting for a reply.

veeraprabhu
11-14-2011, 08:06 AM
My dad is still waiting for his passport, its been more than 10 days.. has anybody have any information on why is this delay.

aumehta
11-14-2011, 10:31 AM
@rakesharm, did you receive your passport with stamping?

tomy304
11-14-2011, 03:04 PM
rakesharm, which consulate did your dad attended for interview? I am still waiting for my wife's passport.

GSGSGS
11-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Went for work visa on Nov 1 at HYD. Still awaiting arrival of passport. Please update if any progress is seen.

np1771
11-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Any one got their passports in the above cases ? or any updates from any one please ?

GSGSGS
11-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Got my passport today after attending consulate on Nov 1st.

sath25
11-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Hi my attended visa interview on 22nd nov at hyd stiil didnt receive passport... ny one have the same problem...

tomy304
12-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Finally we received my wife's passort with visa today. Interview date 31-OCT-2011.

tpmid143
12-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Cleared working visa on 2nd Dec. Track your passport says this thread’s heading message as of EOD 5th Dec. Does that mean they haven't handed over to Blue Dart yet?

Any one closely tracked their passport from the time of interview result till they receive the passport??

Does the status changes the moment they handover to BlueDart? or the status changes only after receiving the passport at our address?

tpmid143
12-05-2011, 11:08 AM
My wife attended H4 visa interview at Hyderabad Consulate on 31-OCT-2011. The VO informed her visa was approved but still we did not receive the passport yet.Send an email to Hyderabad Consulate and waiting for a reply.

Good that you received ur wife's passport. Just curious to know if they responded to your e-mail or not? Also during this period did you see any different status like send to Blue Dart etc or just "under process" message?

dont_mata
12-05-2011, 04:08 PM
PLEASE PLEASE update status of your passport promptly.

Finally we received my wife's passport with visa today. Interview date 31-OCT-2011.

tomy, can you please confirm that to contact consulate you emailed to this one 'infousXXXcityXXX@vfshelpline.com'

this makes me nervous, a lag of one month, just to print the damn visa?

my MIL's B2 approved on Dec 2nd after going thru the torture of denial 2 times and approval 3rd time with exact same info provided in first two attempts. those morons are clearly denying for no reason and they don't realize they are messing with people's emotions. i don't see any other reason except squeezing visa fees. they could have just increased the visa fee.

We are planning the travel on Dec 22nd and baby shower after 3 days. we have only 20 days buffer between visa approval and travel date. it's taking a miracle from god for every little thing.

now we need a goddamm tracker even for PP delivery

dont_mata
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I guess i panicked. I guess it's not that bad. My MIL's PP was handed over to Blue Dart today. Took a couple of days.

tpmid143
12-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I guess i panicked. I guess it's not that bad. My MIL's PP was handed over to Blue Dart today. Took a couple of days.

May I know your MIL's "Track your passport" status from VFS website? Also I heard we get an E-Mail when they hand it over to BlueDart is it true in your case? Thanks.

gj01
12-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Hi,
I got interviewed on 05th december at 8 in Chennai, since then my status was showing "Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate." And finally today 7th december, sometime in the morning the status changed to "Your passport can be collected in person at US visa application centre in Chennai".

Thanks.

tpmid143
12-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Interview date: Dec 2nd.

on 8th Dec @ about 11am status changed to "your passport can be collected etc.." and also at the same time got an e-mail about the same.

hemosho
12-16-2011, 05:25 AM
:mad:

Hi,
I got my H-1B VISA approved in Jan-2011. I appeared for H-1B VISA stamping on Dec-7-2011 i Chennai. My appointment was @9 a.m, young lady tried almost 5-6 times to scan barcode of DS-160 and she could not scan it. She asked me to go and create new DS-160. After creating new barcode of DS-160 she was able to scan the barcode. During my VISA interview, I was asked 4 basic simple questions by american guy ( He was nice and kind) and he told me that my VISA is approved and I should receive the passport within one week. Today it`s Dec-16-2011 and I am still waiting for my passport. I keep checking the passport status and it says "Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate". My return flight ticket was Dec-20-2011 that I changed it to Dec-30-2011. This waiting is frustrating :mad:.... Hopefully I will receive my passport soon.

Any idea/suggestions ? Thanks in advance

idiamin
12-18-2011, 04:10 AM
@Hemosho,
I am in the same boat. I was interviewed in Hyderabad on dec 8th 2011 for H1 visa along with my wife(h4). I received passport from my wife within 3 days but I have not received my passport yet. The wait is really killing. Keep me pposted about your passport and I will do the same,

hemosho
12-18-2011, 01:38 PM
@Idiamin, I wil keep you posted. I am hoping that I will receive the passport at least by next week otherwise I need to change my flight ticket ( That is going to be big headache :confused: ). Cross your fingers and hope for the best ;)

idiamin
12-19-2011, 07:34 AM
@Hemosho
I have been looking at different forums and trying to speculate what might have went wrong with my application and there are two possible reasons i get.
1. I renewed my passport after petition approval, this could cause PIMS discrepancy.
2. I have an approved I140, would they doing PIMS on this?

I work as full time employee so i am fine on those fronts i believe. the reason I am bringing this up is to see if any of these scenarios apply to you.

hemosho
12-19-2011, 07:57 AM
@Idiamin

For your case that could be the reason. I am a full-time employee and don`t work for any consulting firm. My H-1B visa was approved on Jan-2011 and this is the first time I am coming for stamping. I don`t understand what could be the reason that is delaying the process.

I called VFS today and they told me that your passport is in process. They won`t be able to tell how long it would take to receive the passport( Bottom line, there is no timeline).

I am thinking to wait till Dec-21-11 or else I need to cancel my flight ticket and need to contact to employer. (I am not sure how long are they ready to wait? ). I didn`t like this process that keeps you in dark and having no timeline.

hemosho
12-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Still waiting.... Anyone having the same issue please share :(

forzajuve
12-22-2011, 01:14 AM
@hemosho - I'm in the same boat. I had my visa interview on Nov 29th. and still the vfs status page says that it is under process at the us consulate. The visa interview was simple and quick and was told that it was approved and I should be getting my passport back in 2-3 days. I tried emailing and calling VFS regarding this and they said that it is in process and they don't have any further information.
Did you get any updates on your case?

idiamin
12-22-2011, 01:53 AM
@forza, @hemosho
Did anyone tried calling DOS. I had my iinterview on 8th Dec. nothing yet. VFS helpline is not helpful at all. I have my vacation until 4th Jan. If I have to extend that, it would be painful, also I am current in JAN 2012 visa bulliten, not sure if these guys would allow me to be there in time to file I485. Totally frustrated.

forzajuve
12-22-2011, 05:45 AM
It's really painful. I already had to reschedule my trip. Is calling DOS an option? There has been absolutely no information about the reason for the delay by the consulate. It seems like there's nothing that can be done from our side. Would be good to know how long someone in a similar situation took to get through.

hemosho
12-22-2011, 07:25 AM
I have the same opinion about VFS. They see exactly what we see on VFS website and gives vague answers. Reschedule the flight and extending is always painful. Any one having DOS number? Are they really helpful?

idiamin
12-22-2011, 09:09 AM
DOS response was same as VFS. Its administrative processing. nothing more.:mad:

hemosho
12-23-2011, 03:41 AM
This waiting is just killing me. Still same response on the website :mad:

forzajuve
12-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Still waiting here too... guess nothings going to happen until tues due to holidays. This is really frustrating.

forzajuve
12-28-2011, 02:20 AM
still waiting here.... updates anyone?

idiamin
12-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Hi,
I received my passport today. Interview date - 8th December 2011. Exactly 21 days.

hemosho
12-28-2011, 08:20 AM
@Idiamin,

Congratulations !!!!!! I appeared for H-1B visa interview on 7th Dec and still waiting. Looks like I am in a bad shape....:mad: Did they specify the reason for delaying your passport?

idiamin
12-28-2011, 02:33 PM
@hemosho

I have read so many forums after getting into this soup and following was my analysis for cases like ours.
1. Many got visa in 2 -3 week time frame.
2. Some took a month.
3. Very few cases took more than a month, and out of those some had real issues.

I understand your situation as I have been there, but I believe we just need to pass this time and be patient. All sorts of thoughts run through your mind during these times. Try to keep yourself busy in something else ( I tried and failed ). I was very proud and confident that I would get visa easily given I am a full time employee, but this scared the hell out of me. It has also taught me how much I value living in USA.

To answer your question, no reason for delay was given. I suspect/ speculate that they updated PIMS with my new passport number.

My main forum source was this one and murtyh. Try searching "visa approved passport delay" on both these forums.

forzajuve
12-28-2011, 03:44 PM
congrats @idiamin ... it must be such a relief....
all we can do is just speculate about the reasons for delay.. hopefully we get ours soon too..

hemosho
12-29-2011, 02:54 AM
@Idiamin,

Thanks a lot. We have one branch office in India and I am going to ask my manager to work from that office until my passport doesn`t arrive. Hope for the best

forzajuve
12-29-2011, 07:25 AM
@idiamin - By any chance, had you called DOS before you got your passport? Did they mention if it was admin processing that took this long? I read other forums and consulate website that admin processing specifically relates to some 221g slip (which is given to folks needing additional processing).. I didn't get any slip from VO (and believe none of you got it as well)... so wondering what kind of processing is this.

hemosho
12-29-2011, 08:22 AM
@Forza,

I am in same confusion. I was not given any slip-221g and still I am waiting. No idea whats going on...

idiamin
12-29-2011, 01:13 PM
@forza, Hemoshho
When I called DOS and also communicated with Hyderabad consulate directly(Not VFS), they specifically did not use the word "Admin" there. All communications only used word "Processing". so I am sure you guys are also in processing and not "Admin Processing". To be very honest I did not understand the difference between the 2 but there sure is.

hemosho
12-29-2011, 01:33 PM
@Idiamin,

Thanks for posting.

hemosho
12-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Still waiting. Called US consulate and VFS but nothing helpful.

chitras12
12-30-2011, 08:51 AM
I have a similar situation, interviewed on the 16th Dec at Hyd and havent received my passport yet. The VO said visa was issued, thought the biggest hurdle was crossed! but I guess not! cancelled my tickets too, hoping it won't be too long.

forzajuve
12-30-2011, 05:03 PM
@hemosho -
yeah.. this is really confusing and painful with no meaningful updates.. and add to it the holiday season to make things slower and worse..
btw, any updates on your side?

hemosho
01-02-2012, 02:09 AM
@Forzajuve,

There is no update yet. It is still in process...

chitras12
01-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Any updates today ?

krishna999
01-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I have attended H1B visa interview on 20th Dec 2011 in Hyderabad. Visa Officer told me that my visa got approved and it will be couriered in 3-5 working days. But till now i did not get my passport.
How long will it take this process, does anyone has this kind of situation...

Krishna

chitras12
01-03-2012, 11:16 AM
@krishna, I attended the interview on the 16th of Dec at Hyderabad too and the visa officer mentioned i was issued the visa, but no news yet of the passport! stilll shows 'under process with the US consulate'.

krishna999
01-03-2012, 11:33 AM
@chitras12 ....

Hi,

Did you contact Consulate about the status.. or still waiting...
By the way are in BEP or EVC model??

chitras12
01-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I am a full time employee at a pharmaceutical company.
There seems no way to directly contact the consulate, everything goes through VFS and they give you a v generic answer about your status, same thing that the website shows.

forzajuve
01-04-2012, 03:19 AM
I called the DOS last night and got the same response that it's in processing. Neither an ETA nor any additional info provided. The call to DOS was a lengthy one with automated response and had to spend quite a while navigating through to finally talk to a rep. I thought it would be good to share the option numbers to shorten that a bit. They asked for the passport number and name.

Department of State: 202-663-1225 Option 1,4,1, 4 and then 0 - to talk to representative.

Kumar1128
01-04-2012, 03:30 AM
No need to wait for the options just dial the number 202-663-1225 and press 100 u will be connected to rep. It saves time and money.

forzajuve
01-04-2012, 03:57 AM
@kumar - thats great... thanks for the info

visahelp23
01-04-2012, 04:12 AM
I received 221g and I see the same message in the website. Although, I submitted my passport along with my 221g docs.

hemosho
01-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi All,

Today I received the passport H-1B stamped.
Interview date: Dec-07-2011
Passport received: Jan-04-2012

Keep tracking your passport and keep some patience ( I know its painful but thats the only way )

Good luck to everyone.:o

kaumed
01-05-2012, 04:17 AM
Ah..had to register here to share my frustration too..attended interview for H1-B on Dec27th @ Hyd on emergency appointment - Had to fly in here as my mother passed away...but its been 10 calendar days and 7 business days and no updates - The VO said that my VISA was approved and I would get it in 5 days - Nothing as of now...Need to get back to work and my family

This comes behind a 2 month wait this summer when I was here for a normal vacation - Attended the interview in Delhi and was served 221G just for my resume - Took three months and hell a lot of problems before the VISA was granted for just 15 days - I had one petition expiring in Oct 06th and the extended one until July2012 - Surprise surprise - They chose to give the VISA on Sep22 valid until Oct05th....

So now I had to return and going through the same again...frustrating....Dont know whether the employer would be kind this time...

Hope you folks get some answers soon...I need them myself desperately....

forzajuve
01-05-2012, 04:23 AM
@hemosho - congrats! your ordeal is over... hopefully we all get ours soon too..

@komed - it must be extremely brutal in your situation.... these guys simply don't care that there are people affected due to their messed up process...

chitras12
01-05-2012, 07:30 AM
My passport came today.
I contacted hydcea@state.gov yesterday and got a reply that my passport would be available today. Someone checked using my passport number and replied I could pick it up today, but right after that I got the generic reply that it's in processing still. So I wasn';t sure which mail to believe.
It might be worth a shot to email them.
Hope it helps.
Chitra

anjul
01-06-2012, 05:43 AM
Hi.
This is my 2nd time Visa stamping at US consulate. Same employer for last 3 years.
1st Visa stamping no issues, this time kept for review.

I had my interview for H1B Visa stamping at US Consulate New Delhi on 14th Dec 2011.
The Officer at the counter kept my passport along with all requested documents and told will get back in 2 weeks time after review.

Its being more than 2 weeks now and they have not yet contacted either me or my employer.
I was not issued any type of 221(g) - GREEN, PINK OR BLUE form at the time of my interview.

I called/mailed VFS several time and they get back with same standard response - Its under process.

I also called DOS Washington DC and got same standard response.

Dont know whats going on and when they are going to respond back.
I have already cancelled my flight tickets and have extended my leave working with my manager in USA.

Does anyone fall under same scenario. Can someone put more light on this.
Thanks

idiamin
01-06-2012, 05:59 AM
@Hemosho
Congratulations!!!!

hemosho
01-06-2012, 08:54 PM
@Idiamin,

Thanks... People in this forum are very helpful... We should be thankful to immihelp as well... Immihelp and google were the only source of information

krishna999
01-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi Guys,

I got my passport today. Interview date is Dec-21-2010. Today Jan-09-2011 I received my passport. Thank you immihelp.

forzajuve
01-09-2012, 01:54 PM
I received an email from VFS on Friday and received the passport on Saturday (Jan 7th) with stamped visa. Really sorry for the delayed post... was out of town with no coverage over the weekend... end to end processing time - 25 business days!

$idiamin - very well said.... immihelp has been really useful throughout this ordeal.. and thanks to all you guys....its good support knowing you're not the only one stranded on this boat.
Wish everybody else well and hope they receive theirs asap.

idiamin
01-10-2012, 02:28 PM
@forzajuve
Congratulations!!! it must be such a relief!! all the best.

and the message was from @hemosho

Madhu0219
01-11-2012, 05:32 AM
Hi All

I have interviewed for H1-B on Nov 21st 2011 in Chennai.

The Officer at the counter kept my passport along with all documents and told that “will verify and will get back in 2 weeks time”.

I was not issued any type of 221(g) - GREEN, PINK OR BLUE form at the time of my interview.

It’s being more than 45 days now and they have not yet contacted either me or my employer

I called/mailed VFS help line several times and they are saying” We are still waiting for the Embassy response. We will forward you the information as soon as we receive their response”

Passport status in VFS help line is: Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate.

Does anyone fall under same scenario? Either positive or negative result

Can someone help out about this issue.

Thanks

anjul
01-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Hello Madhu,

I have the exactly same case as yours. (See my thread).
Still waiting to get some response from US Consulate.

Hi All

I have interviewed for H1-B on Nov 21st 2011 in Chennai.

The Officer at the counter kept my passport along with all documents and told that “will verify and will get back in 2 weeks time”.

It’s being more than 45 days now and they have not yet contacted either me or my employer

I called/mailed VFS help line several times and they are saying” We are still waiting for the Embassy response. We will forward you the information as soon as we receive their response”

Passport status in VFS help line is: Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate.

Does anyone fall under same scenario? Either positive or negative result

Can someone help out about this issue.

Thanks

Madhu0219
01-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Hi Anjul

Have you any updated status? have you contacting to US Embassy or VFS for progress

Thanks

kaumed
01-13-2012, 04:18 AM
Furstrating - Its been 14 business days and 19 calendar days since I attended what was called an emergency appointment..so much for emergency..Still nothing yet..approved but still waiting.....the delay is now becoming harder to bear on all counts...anyone else got their passports of late?
Just asking to know how many days its taking now..(although I know it varies from case to case)...
And now no hopes for the next 3 days at a minimum (long weekend at consulate!) :(

anjul
01-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Hi Madhu,

Today I got my passport back, with no Visa.
They rejected my application without any explanation.

I am now in middle of nowhere.
Does anyone knows if my H1B approval(I-797) which is valid till 2013, stays valid after my Visa rejection? Can I find a new employer and transfer this H1B over?

Please let me know if anyone knows anything about it.

Thanks

Hi Anjul

Have you any updated status? have you contacting to US Embassy or VFS for progress

Thanks

shervin143
01-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Your petition will be send back to USCIS for revoke. However, the CAP from that petition will remain valid until you use all 6 years. You can find a new employer who can file a new H1B petition using the CAP from your existing petition and request an immediate start date. Once approved, you will have to attend the visa interview again with the new approval notice.

Does anyone knows if my H1B approval(I-797) which is valid till 2013, stays valid after my Visa rejection? Can I find a new employer and transfer this H1B over?

anjul
01-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi Shervin,

Thanks for your response.
I will try to get new employer asap and reapply for Visa.

Your petition will be send back to USCIS for revoke. However, the CAP from that petition will remain valid until you use all 6 years. You can find a new employer who can file a new H1B petition using the CAP from your existing petition and request an immediate start date. Once approved, you will have to attend the visa interview again with the new approval notice.

Madhu0219
01-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi all
Any one got Visa after two month processing. For mine Almost 60 days over,no responce from vfs or u.s Consulate

Madhu

Madhu0219
01-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Hi

No response from last 68 Days, Interview date is Nov 21st 2011, Still passport status is:
under the Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

Regards
Madhu

forzajuve
01-31-2012, 07:20 PM
@madhu - Have you tried emailing? Usually they don't respond before 60 days (that's what i was told) since 60 days have elapsed, you may try to email again. I know they are not civilized enough to respond well but worth a try... also did you call DOS (Dept of state)? its a real pain do deal with the consulate.

02-01-2012, 02:06 AM
@madhu

I attended my visa interview on Nov 29th and VO gave me green receipt and retain my passport at New Delhi consulate. I sent couple of e-mails and contacted VFS but they have no more information.

I sumitted my documents 1st Dec. Now it's been 63 days and I am still waiting for my passport. I discussed this issue with my lawyer so he said " wait and watch". Nothing we can do at this moment.

Wish you all good luck who are in same situation.

Kalpesh.

Madhu0219
02-03-2012, 02:11 AM
HI

I got the Passport on Feb 2rd 2011 after 70 days and issued 221(G) Green slip saying that

"The petition is being returned to USCIS for further review. Upon completion of the review, USCIS will contact your petitioner.Please wait for a notification from consulate before returning".

This is option ticked in the slip. None of other Information ticked.

Have any one faced same issue, Have any chance to get VISA after further review.

How many months it will take complete process.

Please let me know quickly

Thanks
Madhu

H1waiting
02-15-2012, 05:53 AM
Hi,

Can someone help me with their reply on my matter.
I had my H1b interview at Delhi on 7th feb 2012. VO issued me 221g green slip with top 4 marked docs required and passport and asked me to submit within few minutes. Now After reading all the forums here i acknowledge that VO has mostly asked for the required docs to be submitted in the specific time period. My point is:

Case : BEP - Being BEP how good is it?
Interviewed on 7th Feb
221g Green slip - Getting GREEN SLIP how bad is it?
Docs & passport asked to submitted on similar day
My status changed & says: "your passport is under process at u.s embassy/consulate" - does this brings any hope?
how long can my case take upto?

Guys with good knowledge here on this processing plz help me and the ppl in the same boots.
'Thanks in anticipation'
Waiting Very Curiously!

bhuppi1980
02-27-2012, 02:11 AM
My wife went for H4 stamping on Feb 23, 2012, the officer told her, that the visa is approved, handed her even a slip without title which said "your visa has been approved'. You will be sent your passport by courier. When my wife appeared for interview, my petition did not appear on his screen, he told my wife its a common issue and they will fix it. The status on VFS still shows "your passport is under process at US consulate". Anyone faced similar issue and any turn around time for passport?

shervin143
02-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Search and read the posts on PIMS verification. If the visa is getting delayed because of PIMS, then it will take about 2 - 2 weeks to get cleared.

My wife went for H4 stamping on Feb 23, 2012, the officer told her, that the visa is approved, handed her even a slip without title which said "your visa has been approved'. You will be sent your passport by courier. When my wife appeared for interview, my petition did not appear on his screen, he told my wife its a common issue and they will fix it. The status on VFS still shows "your passport is under process at US consulate". Anyone faced similar issue and any turn around time for passport?

ramakrishna820
03-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Bhuppi

I am also same boat. have you got your wife PP.

My wife went for H4 stamping on Feb 27, 2012, the officer told her, that the visa is approved and will get the passport in one week by courier. still I am waiting for PP.

Thanks

goomail
03-13-2012, 03:09 PM
My dependents visa - L2 - are in the same position. Attended the interview on 3/7, VO told that visa is approved and pp will be delivered in one week, no other comments. No updates yet. When we should contact vfs? After one week?

anjul
04-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi - Which Consulate do you appear at? Please provide details.

anjul
04-01-2012, 12:11 PM

Bhuppi

I am also same boat. have you got your wife PP.

My wife went for H4 stamping on Feb 27, 2012, the officer told her, that the visa is approved and will get the passport in one week by courier. still I am waiting for PP.

Thanks

anjul
04-01-2012, 12:12 PM

My dependents visa - L2 - are in the same position. Attended the interview on 3/7, VO told that visa is approved and pp will be delivered in one week, no other comments. No updates yet. When we should contact vfs? After one week?

goomail
04-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Chennai, their passports received on 3/16.

rakesh70
04-09-2012, 02:22 PM
My wife & I appeared for the H1/H4 visa interview together at the US consulate in Delhi on Mar 30. We have been issued H1/H4 multiple times in the past. The VO was very nice to us, didn't ask for any documents other than the required documents (passports, I-797 etc.) and the only questions asked were about my salary, the last degree and the school. Then he told us that for some reason the system was not pulling my application/info (not sure exactly what he meant) but he added that it was a known issue and it only meant that the processing would take a couple more days and kept our passports. Today is April 9 (end of day) and the status on the VFS website still is:

"Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate".

shervin143
04-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Search and read about PIMS. Your petition information might not be in their PIMS system. The consulate will request USCIS to update the information. They will not be able to issue you a visa untill they can verify the petition that you gave them matches with the one in the PIMS. It will take about 2-3 weeks to get a response.

My wife & I appeared for the H1/H4 visa interview together at the US consulate in Delhi on Mar 30. We have been issued H1/H4 multiple times in the past. The VO was very nice to us, didn't ask for any documents other than the required documents (passports, I-797 etc.) and the only questions asked were about my salary, the last degree and the school. Then he told us that for some reason the system was not pulling my application/info (not sure exactly what he meant) but he added that it was a known issue and it only meant that the processing would take a couple more days and kept our passports. Today is April 9 (end of day) and the status on the VFS website still is:

"Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate".

Pacifier
04-10-2012, 09:15 AM
I went for the visa interview in chennai same day as Rakesh.
Got the same vfs status as in processing. But I got email from vfs next day that my passport is ready for pickup. I picked up the passport at @ VFS Global.
So don't panick. I guess they take a day or two to deliver the passport to vfs.
Good luck everybody :)

krisswaves
04-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Hey All,

My wife went for h4 stamping on April 5 , visa was approved and i get the same message ( Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate) when i track her passport on vfs website.

those who are waiting for passport, pls update this thread once you get it.

Thanks

rakesh70
04-11-2012, 08:11 AM
I checked today (April 11, 5:30 PM IST) and now the status is:

Your passport can be collected in person at US visa application centre in New Delhi
between 1600-1700 hours.

We had interviewed on Mar 30 at the Delhi consulate. Hopefully our visas have been stamped. Will update here once I get the passports.

jpatel2211
04-30-2012, 12:41 AM
I appeared on interview at chennai consulate on April 27th. My visa status is H1b extension. Vo said my visa is approved and will get my passport in2 days. I have been reading this blog and looks like many has same issue.

Waiting for passport after approval is more painful. :mad:

L2visawaiting
04-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Long way to go if it is in AP.My wife has given interview for L2 visa on 27th March at Delhi Consulate and we are still waiting. :(

L2visawaiting
04-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi KrissWaves,
have you got any update on your wife's visa.Please update us once you get it.

Hey All,

My wife went for h4 stamping on April 5 , visa was approved and i get the same message ( Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate) when i track her passport on vfs website.

those who are waiting for passport, pls update this thread once you get it.

Thanks

anjul
05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Hello Forum Members,

A big thank to all of you and specially Shervin (shervin143) in providing details and guiding me through this bad phase. I am out of this now and appreciate all help.

My case details:
- H1B stamping Interview at US CONSULATE New Delhi, on 14th Dec 2011, as Consultant.
- VO kept my passport and told will get back in 2 weeks time
- Consulate responded 9th Jan 2012, denying my application, stating my petitioner not good.
- posted on this forum for help and shervin responded with solution and answering my query.
- Started looking for gettting me converted as Full time at my end client and getting H1B transfered asap
- End client team helped and worked out my Full time position and had my H1B transfered
- Visited New Delhi consulate back on 19th April 2012 with new H1B petition and got approval
- Back to USA as FTE on 30th April 2012.

Basically, I have a feeling, if you fall under VENDOR-END CLIENT working model, you will have less chances of getting approval these days.

TC

navkool12
05-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Initially i have raised ds160 form with the passport number A1 and scheduled the appointment March17 and March18 using this passport number , when i came to the embassy for the finger prints i was told my passport is damaged and i have to renew it and my new passport number is A2 .I have filled a new ds160 form and i have scheduled the appointment using the old profile itself which is having the passport number A1 on April12th and April 15th .i got a querry after submitting the documents and i was asked for re interview on may 1st and told to bring the passport A2.

The interview went fine and i was told by the counselor that my visa is approved and passport would be dispatched and the counseslor took the passport A2 .but when i check the passport status i do see the passport A1is showing as delivered to the post ie its delivered to the embassy .but i do not see any status for the passport A2 which is my current one having reference to the old passport A1 ,Also during the interview A1 is with the embassy .Can you please check and let me know what i have to do , any suggestions would be helpful

Any one closely tracked their passport from the time of interview result till they receive the passport??

Does the status changes the moment they handover to BlueDart? or the status changes only after receiving the passport at our address?

Is there anyone i can contact regarding the status of my passport or should i just wait till i receive it.
Please help me if anyone has anything to share regarding this.

Send an email to Hyderabad Consulate and waiting for a reply.