Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help for B2 Visa for my father

I have a question,
    My father wants to visit me on my graduation ceremony. I just want to know, whether he should be offering supporting docs to visa counselor whenever it is relevant (according to question) or should he wait for the time when visa counselor will ask for it? Secondly, Shall he put my invitation letter from university in Passport and give to visa counselor at the start of interview? Any help will highly be appreciated

Originally posted by sanjay1984 View Post
    I have a question,
    My father wants to visit me on my graduation ceremony. I just want to know, whether he should be offering supporting docs to visa counselor whenever it is relevant (according to question) or should he wait for the time when visa counselor will ask for it? Secondly, Shall he put my invitation letter from university in Passport and give to visa counselor at the start of interview? Any help will highly be appreciated
    In applying for US tourist visa or B2 visa, it is necessary that the applicant has with him all the documents supporting the purpose of the visit written on the application form during the interview by the Consular Officer like the invitation letter, financial document to show that the visitor has sufficient income, proof of accommodation, and most especially evidence of strong ties in the country of origin to convince the consular officer that the visitor will go back to his country after the visit.

Comment

sanjay1984,

All depends on his current family , job and income situation in India which is assessed verbally.
      documents are very secondary and will be asked for when the officer thinks there is a
      chance after verbal answers.
      so he should present them when asked including your invitation.

Comment

B2 visa for my father

Hi
        I was wondering if someone can help me with process to follow on interview day. It will help to calm down nerves, if you already know everything? So can someone tell me step by step process starting from when my father will arrive at embassy?I will highly appreciate any help in this regard.

Comment

Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

urgent B2 visa for my father

My father is 48 years old and is govt. employee. How he should dress up for interview? If formals, does he need to have tie? It will be too hot, I am ruling out possibility of wearing suit. Please let me know?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X