Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landside VISA at Heathrow

Hello,
    I am an Indian citizen with US Green Card. I am travelling back to United States from India through Heathrow this coming weekend.

How complicated is it to get Landside VISA at the airport? I would like to meet one of my best friends at the airport ( I am assuming I would need a landside VISA since I would be leaving the arrival lounge area?). I have a 5 hour wait and I dont think I would even leave the terminal.

Do I need to show any specific documentation other than my GC? And can I ask for it after I land or do I need to start the process now?

Did anyone try it? Sorry for multiple questions.

Any and all the help provided is appreciated.
    Thank you!

Sam

Hi,
    I am Canadian permanent resident (not Canadian citizen). I am flying from Edmonton(Canada) to Ahmedabad(India) through London(LHR). I have 24 hours hold(waiting) in London airport (LHR). I have following question?

1) If I don’t want to go out of airport(LHR-London). Do I need any transit visa?
    2) If I want to go out of airport to see London for 24 hours. What kind of visa do I need for short visit as 24hour?

Answers are appreciated.

Thanks,
    - Sam

Comment

You don't need a transit visa, but if you want to go past immigration, you'll need to apply for a visit visa in Canada.

Comment

Landside visa question. USA H1-B visa

Hello,
        I am traveling to India via British Airways. On my way back to the USA, I have 22 hrs transit in London. I wish to go out and visit the city. I read and understood that I will need a Landside visa. I am currently on H1-B visa. Can someone help me with the procedure?

Comment

uk transit visa

I am dependent on h4 and traveling to India for stamping h4! My travel is through heathrow and hence require uk transit visa!

I got a refusal after applying for transit visa! Please guide!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X