Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to fill for Question 22 in I-130

Hello,

I'm applying for GC for my mother while she is in the US. I'm filing 130 and 485 at the same time.

While filling out I-130 I was not sure how to answer Question 22 under section C. The question which USCIS office will my mother apply for AOS.

Will the place be same as CHICAGO, IL which is where I'm mailing the forms to or is it San Francisco, CA which is where I live?

Thanks for your help. Here is the question from I-130.

22. Complete the information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status.

Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at USCIS office in:

(City) (State)

The answers is San Francisco, CA. The city where you two live and where you will need to go for the Interview.

Find out which is your Local District Office.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Filed 485 on July 31st 2007 at NE center, no receipt so far - Any suggession

Hello,
      My company attorney sent the I-485 application through Fedex on July 31st, 2007.

But I did not receive any letter/communication from INS. Where as one of my friend applied on August 10-12 time got letter for the finger prints.

But this web site says the NE center alread cleared till 08/12/2007.

Any help would be really help me.

Please mail to [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Shekar

Comment

Similar question regarding question 22 form 130

We sent our I-485 packet last week to the lockbox Chicago address. We put Chicago, Illinois in question 22 because it asked where we were applying so I figured it meant where we were sending everything. However, we both live in Atlanta, GA and that's the address on all the forms.

What do you think may be the consequences of this? We're a little concerned. Thanks!

Comment

it will not be a problem, it is a common mistake. They will correct it and schedule you according to your address. Do not worry at all.
          Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply, we appreciate it!

Comment

Second part of question 22

What about the second part, do we have to fill it? I'm hoping my spouse don't have to go back.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X