Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-230 - should it be sent to NVC?

Hello;

I am applying GC for my mother in law and we have I130 approved and after that sent the I864 documents. Now I get an email from NVC that I they are waiting for DS-230 and civil documents to proceed with a cover sheet that says

Checklist Letter Response
    IR5

And this is the information from them asking to send the DS230

______IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION:__________________________________

The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support form (I-864) for this case. However, we are
    still waiting for the Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230) and corresponding civil documents for each
    traveling applicant to be returned to National Visa Center for review. You will find the DS-230 form
    along with complete instructions for submitting the civil documentation required for this case at ImmigrantVisas.state.gov
    under the Applicant Document Processing link.

We urge you to send in the DS-230 form(s) and required civil documentation for each traveling family
    member in one package to the National Visa Center (NVC). Sending the information in separately may
    cause delays in the processing of the case.

I thought those documents should be taken by my m-i-l to the US embassy in chennai when she goes for interview there...Is that not the case?

Appreciate any help...
    Last edited by anand_raman; 06-16-2010, 01:29 PM. Reason: added more information

Nvc

Hello,

You will want to contact the NVC which their contact information can be found at /national-visa-center-nvc/ and they should be able to tell you what you need to provide to them.

Comment

yes you have to send the ds230 and civil documents to NVC. NVC will then forward it to your local US embassy.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X